What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Pitt Bully

I want to buy the original HAZE but not where to buy authentic. Seedsman are theirs sam? They say they come from sacred seeds.

E

ElectroSticky

i think he said it already ....

if i may say it sam ...

the o.haze seeds u want could be from seedsman or the flying dutchmen ....

but come on dude ... do some reading , not always some1 will pop up and friendly answer you ...

PEACE!
GOOD VIBES !

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a few of my o.haze plants are showing some unusual leaves ...not sure if this is genetic or rather an environmental factor... i have them in extremely small "pots" (0.2 liter actually) This root restriction works well cuz they are not growing so tall & lanky, also the pH seems to be ok - the leaf texture is nice green. Sam what do you think is making this irregularities?

150128B0C6311.jpg

15012F3A2BA0A.jpg

15012haz1.JPG

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
looks like that plant has started to flower for some reason, snapped out of it and is revegging, thats how those leaves look I get twisted growth like that with my old bonsai mothers that have started to flower after being in a tiny pot for over a year, uless I transplant them like a do now to avoid them getting too much rootbound...but dunno, some of those leaves look like our Nev's mutant leaves...

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for your words johny!

this plants are unsexed clones (from different parents) on the balcony in yogurt-pots (i edited a mistake in my previous post, the volume is 0.2 liter) They grow under the natural light cycle at 44'N ...later will be flowered indoors... funny thing is that most are ok but a few individuals are just showing some deformities on the leaves.

some more pics...
15012EFFF5B5A.jpg

150125E84AE6C.jpg

15012E75B2544.jpg

15012B41DFC75.jpg

...and why is the most crazy plant showing perflowers on the leaves? lol :D
15012CCAC8828.jpg

Last edited:

Pitt Bully

its hormones but probably problem in accept the nutrients then the hormones this comportament.

Sorry my lenguage.

this plan is more best in light mix, l,ight nutrients and more liters container.

What nutrients are using you?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
My OG Haze does the same at the slightest over-dose of nitrogen,but most fingers do it not just 1 finger on a leaf.
I've had calyxes grow from the leaf stem before but not with OG Haze,that growth looks similar to growth you get on a re-vegged plant .

Last edited:

mehdi

Sam I'd just like to say that me smoking weed was made possible by you. I'm a hash lover (moroccan) and I kind of strayed away from the WW NL which i was used to before i tried hash. Untill one day i decided to try out the best weed joint they had in the COffeeshop. My expectations were low because weed didnt do it for me anymore but let me tell you ever since that day I ONLY buy Haze. I like it more then hash and the high is divine. Especially when i make a coktail with the best HASH and the best WEED. And I like it more then the hybrids i tried like SSH, Amnesia Haze and everything with haze in it. The original is the best and honestly you made history in the world of cannabis when u introduced this delicious plant. This is my first post but it's the best post spended if it means thanking the man who made my life green again.

Sam_Skunkman said:
Well, Nevilles Haze is derived from Original Haze matierials I gave Neville in 1980's, not 1969, but it is not a pure Haze, it has been crossed with the NL line.
So you are comparing apples and oranges..
Take FD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.

Also I have suggested many times that Original Haze is "breeding material" not great commercial growing materials, but you seem to only notice what you want to notice. It is the only pure Original Haze available.

Bottom line is if you want an almost Haze line that is stong and popular get Nevilles Haze, SSH, Kali Mist, Sage, or a dozen other Haze Hybrids that mostly used my Original Haze as a parent, directly or through a Haze Hybrid based on my Haze genetics available from 1976 from me.

If you want pure Sativa blood to use for breeding then remember that all of the above are Haze hybrids only and most used Indica bloodlines to some degree.

"We're talking about the Original Haze from The Flying Dutchmen, which doesnt list its flowering times nearly at 26 weeks"

What is the 26 weeks about? I have grown Haze a lot, but 26 weeks? WTF??

-SamS

bigherb

Veteran
mehdi
if ever visting nyc go uptown the haze will blow ur mind

sam skunkman
hope all is well im wondering if you can tell us about haze mist .im very interested in this hybrid n theres not much info or grows on her .everyone is in lov wit ur o.h. crosses they all look ill n im very interested in this haze mist n its surprising n dissapointing to not see her more adored .its sounds reminescent of som of the best nyc haze .south indian id lov to smoke som pure.a description of ur lady would be lovely

Last edited:
B

bakunin15

Anyone have an idea as to the earliest I can take down an Original Haze seeded female and still get more than half of the seeds viable?

bigherb

Veteran
hav patients man
wen seedss r bursting out almost ready to fall on there own ur ready.

its all a matter of preference but id say just to let things happen neva rush n they will let u kno wen they r mature n ready to finish.anything premature will not be at its best id say

T

toodles

bakunin15 said:
Anyone have an idea as to the earliest I can take down an Original Haze seeded female and still get more than half of the seeds viable?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I pollinated some lower buds on an SSH I had...the rest of the plant subsequently was pollinated by accident(my mistake). The buds I pollinated around April 1st had nice seeds on the 1st of may- about 30 days. Germ rate was and is 90% plus on the seeds I made.

The plant I got those seeds from remained in flower for another 3-4 weeks--after May1st. You don't have to cut the whole plant to get some of the seeds that are on it....if that was what you were asking.

Toodles

Last edited:
B

bakunin15

Toodles,

The Haze cut I got from a friend (originally from a seedsman pack) takes 16+ weeks to finish. I don't mind the length of time, however I can not handle the stretch in my space. At 10 weeks it's already unmanageable, growing to 5 feet when flowered straight from clone with 6 or 7 weeks still to go. I don't think you can even begin to consider pollinating untill atleast week 8 and thats pushing it, very little bud structure at this point. I did make one attempt at pollinating around day 60 and was forced to take her down at day 90...none of the seeds were viable as most were tiny, little, undeveloped beans with no chance of germing.

My friend has made some unbelievable crosses with it, some of which is being sold by dominicans as so-called "uptown haze" that bigherb is talking about...but this practice is wide spread in NY. Everyone takes these popular california strains and crosses it to a real haze and with a little selection ends up with clones that's very much superior to the original california strain. Same way NL5xHaze is superior to NL5 by its self or how SSH is so much better than skunk1 or NL.

Anyway, my friend has the luxury of shutting the lights half way thru and bringing them to a greenhouse to finish them up. I'm thinking about trying it again and was wondering how others are going about it indoors.

T

toodles

bakunin:

Ok I see what you mean. SSH is a much faster finishing hybrid...and not as stretchy.

You're not making me happy though LOL!!!

Next year I would like to grow some OH to cross to my SSH x SSH ...just for the hell of it. See what comes from a nice SSH x SSH girl and a nice OH male. I don't have 5 feet to work with. 54" is about max height for me in my Hydrohut mini.

Any suggestions on how to keep OH seed plant under that?

Toodles

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Toodles, I grew out a thaihazexsk1 and kept it about 4 ft.
The plant actually had a little veg time on it, and was topped one time at the 6th node.
IMO the secret to keeping them under control is to keep them in a very small pot.
I used a 1.5 quart.
I had to do no training at all, but I was prepared to both lst and supercrop if need be.

bigherb

Veteran
bakunin
bro which practice is wide spread crossing original haze in ny yea everyone does it lol.

i agree that wat we hav r crosses to a real haze heirloom genetics and with a little selection ends up with clones that's very much superior to the original california strain.

so ur buddy who grows 4 dominicans , made these ny hazes crosses do u hav any cuts ? can u tell us specific lineage since ur buddy has made these hybrids.sounds far fetched also interesting he's also got a greenhouse in ny were our piff is grown.

TEOCLE

hi at all

excuse my intrusion but an application should be based on SAM.

She has turned somewhat throughout the world, what do you more powerful INDICA you've ever seen?

excuse me for still demand some OT, but I am curious to know what to say SAM

thanks teoclate

Latest posts

Latest posts