What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Original Haze

Original Haze

Heres a few more Original Haze pic's at around 10 weeks and there really starting to pile on the resin now.

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
I can smell a vegetative Haze, but I do not use smell of vegetative plants to assist breeding. Now smells of flowering plants is a different matter. But to be honest it is not the smell as much as how the smells effect the high, when smoked.

-SamS

High' Sam

Could you tell a bit more about this specific smells? would be really nice to see a description if it is possible to find the correct words for this special haze odor/flavor which is related with your most desired effect after the smoke.

Thanks for sharing the experience!

Last edited:
How long does O.Haze take to show pre-flowers once initiated into 12/12

Here's the life of my O.Haze:

He started in DWC then it did good for the first week, but then the growth was slow and it did not react well to the Ph swings. Then, I put it in soil and it started to grow very well. The difficulties O.Haze had with DWC resulted in a loss of growth in the first 2 nodes after the first true leaves, which also resulted in tighter node spacing:

Here is the O.Haze in week 1 veg after 4 weeks of seedling stage:

Week 3 veg:

'Node spacing is still small, I guess I luck out?

3 weeks and 4 days veg before being topped:

4 weeks veg:

O.Haze initiated into 12/12 (I took two more clone, the bottom axial limbs, leaving only 4 axial limbs. The top axial limbs were only 2 inches before initiated into 12/12, now they are around 6" and it's been only 8 days of 12/12) :

I know everyone says do not veg at all with pure sats, but my circumstances were different and I did what I had to in the best interest of my plant. This is my first time growing a pure sativa, so maybe I'll be kicking my own ass for giving such a long veg time. If all hell breaks open I have clones that are just rooted. I am dedicating a whole chamber to my O.Haze that is around 6' tall and with plenty of space to grow. Any advice from sativa growers would be appreciated.

:wave:
OldPath

Tom Hill

Veteran
Pure sats are vegging whether you like it or not till they sex. If you start out with 12/12, you are not budding from day one, you are only vegging in a megga stretched way till they are sexed.

Haze plants are well culled to ommit the resinless vegging phenos, they are not many, maybe 25%. But do well to get rid of them, all that don't smell like a high school metal shop in early veg are not whorth growing out ime.- T

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TomHill said:
Haze plants are well culled to ommit the resinless vegging phenos, they are not many, maybe 25%. But do well to get rid of them, all that don't smell like a high school metal shop in early veg are not whorth growing out ime.- T

Thanks Tom ...excellent information... will have a nose on that :wink:

Tom Hill

Veteran
Don't get me wrong XyZ bruddah,

If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it. Recently, I made the mistake of releasing SAM'S Original Haze without his permission. I only learned it was truly his (via Positronic) in this thread here. I am hoping that he- as I- am only concernerned with continuing the line? & that nothing else much matters? Otherwise, he's a big guy & owes me a dotted eye :D

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Tom, I have 5 Haze from your's that Raco has gave to me and a pack of Old Mendo Mix. I plan to grow those 5 seeds in winter inna greenhouse here in the mediterranian weather, I'll popped them in august as Dubi has told me for a better sex definition when I put them in soil. My question is, do those Haze grow and bloom well in winter in greenhouse?? With only 5 seeds I'll find the killer purple pheno I have seen in some of your pics??

When Raco, gave me those seeds, I have no words to explain how I feel...in the sky..or something like that.

Hope all goes well Tom!! Nice to read you again, always learning with you :wave:

The O. Haze I grew out was resinous in veg just like TomHill mentioned, but unfortunately there wasn't a very distinctive smell in veg. There is a smell now after 4 weeks of veg and two weeks of 12/12 that is very spicy and woody, but it still has not shown clearly visible signs of sex, however there are undetermined pre-flowers showing. edit: also, thanks TomHill for the knowledge and tips, I didn't know pure sativas would stretch bad if given 12/12 from seed, I was about to do that with the next O.Haze seed I planted :bashhead: thanks again.

OldPath

Last edited:
G

guest123

TomHill said:
Don't get me wrong XyZ bruddah,

If I was crunching numbers in the closet I would not cull a lamb. However, if I was dealing with numbers... I know Haze. It is resinous on the stem in veg to the tune of 75%, it smells like a metal shop for lack of a better definition to be sure, no other word for it. Recently, I made the mistake of releasing SAM'S Original Haze without his permission. I only learned it was truly his (via Positronic) in this thread here. I am hoping that he- as I- am only concernerned with continuing the line? & that nothing else much matters? Otherwise, he's a big guy & owes me a dotted eye :D
i grew some of that haze tom , was astounded how similar it was to our local mango sativa ,,, real unripe mango smell about it , not sure how your metal shops smell .. hehe .. nice stuff ,,, the only sativa via internet that ive managed to reveg outdoors with the short hours we get ....

G

have had my best grows of the THOHaze straight cola, flowered from a 6-8 inch clone, let um get 12 inches and set real good in the cup, then bury it in a big pot so only 6 inches is pokin out.

36 to 48 inch finished plant. nice little xmas trees. other methods for me have been not so good.

MCMC

Which is the T* Haze?

Which is the T* Haze?

I was just gifted a 5 pack of freebie seeds. The pack says: T* Haze x Skunk #1. What should I expect from these freebies?
Which haze is it? the "T" Phenotype of the "original 70's" Haze? Or is it Titans Haze?
I figured it was the original, but I'm not sure...
This is kinda off the main topic, but I couldn't see anywhere else to ask & didn't want to PM Sam.
I have always wanted to try and grow the Original Skunk #1 in seed form. To see what it really is for myself. I have tried skunk lots of times, but never been impressed! I don't know if it just isn't my preference or what.
Haze has always gotten me to the upper echelons of sativa bliss. The first time I tried NL5xHaze, I didn't realize pot could do what it did! Before then I had always gotten stupid & stoned. The haze made me get why it is called "High" and not "Low", which I never really understood before then. I was about 15~16. It took 2 more years till I had anymore sativa like the NL5xHaze. I started reading & I figured out that it was the sativa's I wanted.
Now, My preference is for something like the NL5 x Haze, or Jack. Something with a good body & with a good crisp head high of a Haze.
One other question I have is if you know of any Chem/Dawg crosses made with the original haze that you like? I have seen some, like chemhaze from reservoir seeds. The high type of both plants is very unique. I feel like you could get something special from mixing those genetics.
So, what should I expect?

luciano28

Yeah those are the Thai Haze X Skunk 1 aka "Thunks".

There are a few grow threads around here, Crazy Composer has one going now and I know LilWayne grew it out. You can expect a long flowering time, like up to 20 weeks.

I got a couple packs myself, dont know if I will ever germ them though with the long flowering time and these seem to have the ability to totally take a small grow room over from the photos I have seen. I have a small grow room and no way I could ever finish them outside at my latitude.

Im gonna go searching for you and edit in some links

berryhill's thread

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=79236&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Thunk

Crazy Composer

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=90179&page=1&highlight=Thunk

Evgeni Malkin(this guy has an interesting pheno)

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=91204&page=1&highlight=Thunk

LilWaynE's thread

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=71475&page=1&highlight=Thunk

Last edited:
Here's a clone of O.Haze

I started flowering it at 1" and now it is 12"

It's been in there for a couple weeks now, hasn't shown definite sex yet. How long does it usually take the haze to show sex in 12/12?

OldPath

bigherb

Veteran
glad too see everything is still flowing and o.haze is still growin

oldpathblusky
best of luck wit ur o.haze.

lougrew
damn that g13xhaze looks sick n that pheno u hav is the one i believe i tasted at the cup anyway it was the closest thing too n.y. haze ive tasted in amsterdam.the church incense is wat ive described as our frankies aka the best uptown haze aka the best haze ive eva smoked.r u familiar wit this church incense or frankincenes in haze or is this the only time youve experienced this.im interested caz not many people on the haze threads hav related n incense is a staple of taste n aroma in our haze .

sam.s
ive asked this question before n since the thread is getting exciting again now seems like the rite time .id lov to kno exactly wat strains of colombian n mexican ,n thai r the parents of o.haze, ino the best but of wat.many hav suggested before you write a book i agree ,another one of ur gifts to the world.

any input is very much welcomed

Last edited:
Is the smelly=good thing stand for the o.haze x skunk ?I have 2 going, one smelling when rubbed,the other is only "half smelly".both looks very hazy

(the 3rd in a cup is a clone of the big one)

edit:
now i see i asked a dumb question.good thing i m occasionaly NOT high :muahaha:

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
OldPathBluSky said:
How long does it usually take the haze to show sex in 12/12?

From seed i started on 12/12 and showed sex after around 2 months and took another 5 months to slowly flower and i wasn't impressed with her at all but thought i'd give the cuttings a run,and i'm glad i did cos she's a cosmic smoke now i've got her dialed in.

Here's some of my Original Haze

M

Movintarget

Good day,
I also was gifted with 5 freebis of Sam 's T* Haze x Skunk #1. 1 of the 5 was a female. We had a long, long journey together.
I had to cut her at 13 weeks.

I did cut 1 clone but I topped it at 6-7 inches. Lil Haze is now in her 14 th week at 13 inches high. I have her sunning under a 600 Hps with Hortlex. I have been flushing for the past 4 days,but she still continues to sprout growth. The resin heads are still somewhat clear to cloudy. Not sure if she will bulk up anymore? I have to say these buds are more compact, not airy like on the mother. This is the first haze that I have smoked and must say I've been missing out...well no more...

Latest posts

Latest posts