No announcement yet.

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say 19-21 leaflets were common in O Haze, long very skinny Sativa leaves, for sure.
    DocLeaf you got any photos of 21?
    I have huge Indica leaves that are 12" wide and 16" long but only 15 leaflets at the most.
    -SamS

Comment

I've only ever seen a max of 13 fingers per leafs on my original haze's at the very most,normally theres 11 tho.
      Plant a Seed
      &
      Free The Weed

https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/crazy-x-seeds/

Comment

Sorry Sam a little off subject......
        Tom congrats on your PoTM nomination, well deserved for that lady. I'd love to get a hold of that strain for some close up photography? DD
        Last edited by Doobieduck; 03-19-2008, 10:54. Reason: stupidity
        Please join me in my 2020 now 2021 Doobie's Still Kicking
        ...a bunch of new girls 2021
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369403

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Skunkman
          I can't say 19-21 leaflets were common in O Haze, long very skinny Sativa leaves, for sure.
          DocLeaf you got any photos of 21?
          -SamS
          Sorry Sam no. We grew lots of Haze#19 x Skunk from seed before digi cameras were used in growrooms... and the hazes we've grown since look nothing at all the same!!

There was always lots of variation displayed in Haze#19 x Skunk,, and we usually noticed that the taller 90day+ types made fan leafs with upto 21 fingers,, although 17 and 19 leaf blades were more common on most of the 80day types.

It does sound fantastical (we could be wrong,, long time ago,, just counted my own fingers..lol),, but trust we used to go through those rooms counting the numbers of blades in amazement at the number of fingers some of those plants produced. We'd thought it a Colombian aspect in lineage :wink:

Those fan leaf are still today the biggest we've ever seen,, bigger than Arjaan's head... lol

peace out
          DocLeaf
          Last edited by DocLeaf; 03-19-2008, 11:48.
          ? / erb roots culture peace love unity

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
          REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

Comment

Sam
            Is black colombian in Purple Haze? or wacky weed ?
            A picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

It had several Colombian lines like Santa Marta Gold, Wacky weed.
              You must remember that Purple colors can be induced in some clones by cold, while other lines turn purple regardless of temps.

-SamS

Comment

Thx Sam :smile: much apprecciated
                A picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

Damn this is interesting & informal thread!!! I have been trying to read all this info with thought for days, but never finish reading it properly and it doesnt help that people constantly post more valuable information.. Naah, huge for SamS & other real contributors!!!
                  Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
                  Peace Out Growers!

Fly Free Angel!!!
                  -Medjool-
                  R.I.P

My hash/oil thread
                  African Strains
                  Testing my cross: Neville´s Haze x Purps
                  Some Blockhead pix & macros

Comment

This Thai has the biggest leaves I've seen on a young plant still in Veg, these are the 5th set of fan leaves and they are the size of dinner plates, the plant was 60 days old from seed, I reckon these are huge leaves for indoors under a 250w lamp, can only imagine how big they would be if she was growing outdoors in the tropics. The later leaves are even bigger and very droopy, I'm having a right tie down and bending battle with the three Thais I have, all three are female, took 62 days of 12/12 from seed to show preflowers, I dropped the light cycle to 11/13 a week ago and am hoping this wil ltrigegr flowering, I'll give them another couple of weeks of 11/13 and if they don;t start flowering I'll drop to 10/14.

Comment

Originally posted by British_Hempire
                      This Thai has the biggest leaves I've seen on a young plant still in Veg,
                      No shit,there huge mother fookin leafs.
                      Plant a Seed
                      &
                      Free The Weed

Comment

I just had another supercropping session with her, I'm determined to get this bitch under control and make her flower indoors! I'm applying all the DJ Short tweaks to increase sativa expression - my light is off at an angle and at a distance so it bathes the area in less intense light. I'm using a normal HPS bulb and I'm wondering if I need to augment the light spectrum towards the latter part of flowering for her to mature, any tips on finishing equatorial pure sativas under lights would be much appreciated!

Comment

sam the skunkman

can u tell us some of the other colombian mexican and thai lines in ohaze.

id also lov to hear more about wackyweed an uncle told me its the strongest shit he ever smoked, makes sense now .youve said purple was strongest of the haze
                          Last edited by bigherb; 03-20-2008, 14:15.
                          in NYC around my way we say if it anint church it anint fire
                          more incense and less nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by British_Hempire
                            I'm using a normal HPS bulb and I'm wondering if I need to augment the light spectrum towards the latter part of flowering for her to mature, any tips on finishing equatorial pure sativas under lights would be much appreciated!
                            Owzitgoin' BH? Loving those Mahoosive leaves btw!
                            In my experience the Equatorials and a lot of other Sat's like a little more blue light than a Son-t HPS gives off. An Agro or PLANTA or GROLUX or various other Sodium bulbs with more blue/white light in the spectrum would be a good option as would a MH conversion bulb which works with standard HPS ballast. I'm not sure what the choice is at 250 as I use 400w and 600w usually. Some of the envirolite compact flourescents or T5s with the 250w HPS would be cool also as would blue led's.
                            One thing I have experimented with on a slightly larger scale is to use the Blue HPS or MH through flowering at angles as u are aware. Then to add more Red light in whatever form once buds are filling out in last third of flowering or so. If U place the Blue light at a not too acute angle and red light at low side angle and only switch on Red for first and last few hours of Flowering day then it also mimic's Sunrise/Sunset etc. I think anyway U can start them with more blue and finish with more red light would be worth a bash IMHO.
                            Warming sativas roots just a little also helps make them settled and is worth a try(I use heat mats under Sat pots and not under Indica pot's.
                            I realise these suggestion's all take £'s u may not have but I was just giving U what I had to give. I have used these methods myself on African and JA Sat's with some success but haven't grown Thai for year's. Good luck with them Fella! JBo

"To maintain or breed a Landrace you need a minimum of 2,000 plants 1,000 females, 1,000 males or every reproduction you will lose genes and be working with a slice of the variety not the landrace.Cannabis is a Heterogenous Dioecious Obligate Outcrosser.It is easy to make seeds, hard to breed correctly". -SamS.
                            sigpic
                            IC 420 Cup 2017 Growers Cup-Mostly Sativa

1st place- "Ting" by Londinium

3rd place- "Chilton Lime's" by Londinium

Comment

Id say a metal halide would be best or MH/HPS combo and a few high UV-b T5 reptile or a Ultra-vitalux 300w UV-b lights to mimic the high UV-b of the tropics.
                              Plant a Seed
                              &
                              Free The Weed

Comment

Hola Sam, i was wonderin if theres anything you see in a plant when there growin that piqs your interest in a plant right off. do you see certain plant types that most times ya say to your self "this is gonna be a good one" or that just isnt how it works, and eval a plant at finish?

Comment

Working...
                                X