No announcement yet.

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haze crossed with Haze will be lucky to have any improvement. I meant Haze crossed to another variety.

-SamS

Comment

re : Hempy and spell check

....after a re-read, I edited out this smart-assed post.....SamS's post down the page says it better ....

Hempy, in the interest of keeping this thread on topic and flowing along positively, feel free to do the same.

anyway.......onward through the haze!
      Last edited by Chamba; 03-07-2008, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamba
        [I]

use the spell check please....one or two typos and spelling mistakes are ok ...but..your posts read like a text message on a cell phone from a drunken short-sighted dyslexic with fat fingers sending the message from the back of 4WD on a bumpy road (while he was in a hurry).
        You know what Chamba the options there for you to not read my posts i spell as i do im far from stupid i speek 2 languages and last time i looket it was a canna site not a english class your insolts do nothing but make me not want to use spell check infact threw the years i have posted and the only way people could attacket me was to use my bad spelling so i grew a thick scin and started to not give a flying rats ass.

[I]and why in the world would you believe that baseless cock and bull story about G13?....Ed Rosenthal went to the same reseach facillity and said something similar to Sam!
        I belive shanti as i know him personaly and wen people bull shit Chamba you can see it and work it out fast shanti has nothing to hide and if you belve it or not you choice to do ethir.

Ed Rosenthal you say ha? Look for an article in an old High Times mag he did on nevile and the g13.

it was just hype to sell seeds and then the story grew...yet wankers persist on perpetuating the tale..sheesh!...this "debate" was on OG every few months....and most growers (not the "I'm a believer"s, hype-ists or those trying to make money or fame off it) who grew it out said it was just a strong indica, no stronger or better than other indicas.....!
        The only debate was who had the real g13 as eveyr man and his dog offerd g13 or g13 hybreeds they still do but did they have the real g13 no as only nevile offerd it in hybreeds and thats fact and few like that idear why well its all about the $ you think people will by some ones g13 hybreed if infact it has not got g13 in it ? dont think so its like aking for haze and getting a unknow bush sativa that smokes ok at best.

They grew the g13 out ha whos aleged g13 did they grow Chamba ? Pacifics fake cuts or many others fake vertions if people like it or not nevile was the only one to have it and was the only one to use it and offer hybreeds of it something a few cant get a grip on or handle personaly i dont cear .

don't grow hype, grow plants...next time you have an "elite cut" or the "real G13" grow it along side a Nirvana seeds plant then blind smoke test the results with friends...then do another tasting but this time tell them that this one (the hyped elite) is the world's most strongest strain that sells for hundreds of dollars for 10 seeds , tell them it was the strain that killed Tupac, raised Bob Marley from the dead and got your sister pregnant then let them try the Nirvana seed strain and tell them beforehand that it is the cheapest, crappiest strain in the world and see what they say....lol..!
        Do you think im some moron Chamba ? The first time i saw hype was from the on line community and mostly from us and canadian growers the ward elite to me means a plant some one likes and more times than not others may not.

Hype is bull shit and marketing in short if a lines good it will sell its sell and does.

Why would i grow Nirvana seeds seeds when i can make my own f2s from selections i make lots for FREE.

The only person im out to please is me and me alone as im not a comerial grower why do i cear what others think but all my friends infact love my stash and if they had the choice would smoke it over any thing avaluble here and why is that Chamba ?, I will tell you since i have your attention i take the time to grow test select and re test what i test out if i think its shit i cull and move on i dont cear about hype i research read and go for things i belive i my self would like.

the more a strain is hyped, the less I want it.!
        Most in this community have woken up to some peoples marketing (hype) that is now only a newbie magnet.

Why would they grow sativas indicas and other lines in an ag facility very od i think what are they testing for that has not all ready been tested in other facilitys only thing i can think of is they were doing work on genetic finger printing of cannabis.!
        They did a lot of research / work on cannabis finger printing who know as it wasnt for fibre not getting much fibre from an indica but some of the plant lines growing there sounded intresting.

(you're an Aussie too, eh)......possibly, I think they were probably trying to work out ways to wipe cannabis off the face of the earth with a virus or something along those lines

Yes i am and no im thinking more to do with Dna fingerprinting of cannabis they can tell now days what location an out door crop was grown and even match genetic lines from indoor to out basicly can work out if a given out door crop was from a given clone mum grown in a diffrent location.
        anyway..onward through the haze![/QUOTE]

2 topics that couses shit 1/ g13 2/ haze personaly i have no money intrest in it or do i cear about looking importent guys facts are importent if you dont belive something your right to question it but you have no right to call people lies or frawds if you dont know them or know the work they did or have no real insite on things its best to leve it un sed.

As i see it if my friend can liberated a hand full of seeds from a Goverment ag facility i cant see why some one could not of taken a cut and smuggled it out its not that far fetchet is it.

I have 2 g13 hybreeds one i grew so far so can speek of its quolity its very good did it express sk no did it remind me of an afi type line yes it had a od piney taste and did i give others a sample yes all loved it was highly rated to by them all is it the grail not for me no what is my vertion of a grail easy the old mauie sativa i had as they say diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.

I spell things as they sound lots do it and worse spellers than me out there will i use spell check no not happy ban me like id cear.

Comment

what this site needs is a spell check option on the "Post quick reply" box..or an option for members to select "automatic spell check" on all their posts..

Hempy : i can tell you are a cool guy, your heart is in the right place, we are both lovers of things ganja.....there's nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion, that's life.

.....anyway....let's just agree to disagree on this point, ok?

...............onwards through the haze..
          Last edited by Chamba; 04-08-2008, 03:05.

Comment

This threads getting a bit sad so heres a few pics of my og haze to cheer things up a bit.....
            Last edited by marijuanamat; 03-06-2008, 12:17.
            Plant a Seed
            &
            Free The Weed

https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/crazy-x-seeds/

Comment

Nice pic's, how was the smoke from those plants?
              M.U.R.D.A

09 Outdoor http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=129682

Masterlow Outdoor http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...38#post2521938

Comment

Sam Said....

Just try and cross the best you find X your favorite varieties, and you will find lots of keepers.
                I bet most of the Hazes, my Original Haze or not, out there will improve most female Indica blood clones. And most clones do have Indica in them.
                Chamba: thanks for answering the question posed to Sam for him--you must have missed the point.

Sam: Thanks.

Looking forward to working with this variety.

Comment

The smoke is pretty darn nice,but you have to wait a good 17-18 weeks for her to finish tho and she had the strongest high out of 6-7 fem's i grew out 2-3 years ago,other plants finished a few weeks earlier but she was head and shoulders above the rest.I've got a OT1 haze male which i'm going to use on her and see what the offspring turn out like.
                  Plant a Seed
                  &
                  Free The Weed

https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/crazy-x-seeds/

Comment

no more talk of the g13 i wasnt trying to cause anger i just wanted some info. i had some other strains i was wondering about to but no more trouble. sorry
                    keep it happy guys
                    Wake up and turn me loose
                    For the rain is falling

Got to have kaya now
                    For the rain is falling

I'm so high, I even touch the sky
                    Above the falling rain
                    I feel so good in my neighbourhood, so
                    Here I come again

Got to have kaya now

LOVE YOUR PLANTS

Comment

breeders should never expect, guess, anticipate or pre-judge .......... use as many males and females as you have, cross pollenate them all, grow them out then select towards your goal...after 3 or 4 generations you should be closer to what you want.

You're kidding right? That technique works good for making f1's from parental lines with good GCA, where large populations aren't as necessary, but for inbreeding and stabilization, or line maintenance where large populations are necessary, you're ability to produce improvement will suffer and the line is likely to decline if you follow this technique, unless you have the patience and space to grow out millions of plants of each generation to find the right combination . In a typical inbreeding project involving a thousand seeds, 500 of each sex, that would mean you would have clone each female 500 times to test 250,000 crosses. Testing 5 females from each cross would require 1,250,000 females just to do a single generation with something that is signficantly less than an exceptional population size. That is completely absurd.

I agree that testing is important, and shouldnt be done with prejudice. But, that is a far cry from just not having any selection technique, and just going at random. That is just silly. Even Sam only GC tested a portion of the 10,000 he started out with, the rest I assume were thinned at earlier stages. Then after that he thinned out many which didn't provide the GC results he wanted. All of that is based on educated guesses, expectation and anticipation. That is the importance of experience. It doesn't take any experience to just look through crosses between randomly selected plants.
                      Last edited by Bluebeard; 03-06-2008, 16:33.

Comment

FFS another little argument. Come on guys!

Interesting to see someone working with Haze, mat.

Sam, just wondering, when you said Haze didn't represent a finished article (or words to that effect), did you mean you wanted to further stabilise the Haze line?

Comment

Bluebeard....the poster, who probably has a grow box and is not a Monsanto scientist, asked a very basic question, I gave a basic answer.

the second part I wrote about breeding was not the full answer, but a good start for some guy with one light who wants some seeds to grow out and select a keeper.

why don't you suggest what he should do in this instance?...

Then after that he thinned out many which didn't provide the GC results he wanted. All of that is based on educated guesses, expectation and anticipation. That is the importance of experience. It doesn't take any experience to just look through crosses between randomly selected plants.

and I'm guessing that back in the day Sam did his selection for SK1 via the pipe and joint, not in some lab.........educated guesses, expectation and anticipation won't tell you if the high is great, keeping good records and notes along with smoking the bud will.
                          Last edited by Chamba; 03-06-2008, 22:34.

Comment

Dalaihempy,
                            I don't really like to spend time making personal criticism's but your use of english without spell check is for me like trying to understand someone with their mouths full of food. It would be a lot easier for everyone if you used spellcheck, at least most of the time.
                            You do not have to but, it sure would make understanding what you say and mean easier for everyone, if that is important to you?
                            I know I am the worlds worst speller, so I try and fix anything I notice is misspelled when I post, but I am sure I do not catch them all.
                            I don't mean this with hostility, I am just trying to help make things go smoother here.
                            -SamS

Comment

yo sam no hostility ive sensed from you man but these other cats seem a lil angry
                              Wake up and turn me loose
                              For the rain is falling

Got to have kaya now
                              For the rain is falling

I'm so high, I even touch the sky
                              Above the falling rain
                              I feel so good in my neighbourhood, so
                              Here I come again

Got to have kaya now

LOVE YOUR PLANTS

Comment

some more Haze pics

Compliments of Strcrash

Pure Mako haze

(SSH x C99) x GDP

The SSH x C99 used in the GDP cross above

Last edited by terran2; 03-07-2008, 01:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X