What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Nevil..Cannabis Castle article.......

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
From way,way back!! (March of '87)

These scans may look a little rough due to condition of the mag...It is an old one and I could not bring myself to throw it away...
I have this in a reprint but I don't think it contains the comments from D.C. or the seed pic and/or other comments......
I left out a few pics and if you guys really want them I will scan and post...
Mostly pic of Castle,greenhouses out back,big table full of seeds,hash and smoking devices..,and a few plant pics...

Hope you enjoy this one.......Sensi Seeds now owns the castle along with most of Nevil's genetics when he quit breeding years ago...He is now breeding with Shanti and Mr. Nice seeds!!!!!

He is one of the true A-Dam pioneers along with positronics Wernard...
Also must mention Sam Skunkman as he brought many of these fine genetics to Holland around '84 or'87,hell I can't tremember....
Take care and enjoy...............CC

PS,
you guys stay away from those advertisments on the last page!!

Texas Kid

I remember my old man had this issue and in high school we would snag it and read it and have a good ol time. And that is still about all the press you will find on Nevil even after 20+years. I think I read somewhere that he was breeding fish now somewhere...a breeder at heart, gotta love that...lol

500K in '76 was kickin and that was just the US customer base..

Good post Capt. brings back some memories

Tex

M

mosca negra

Excellent Post Capt.! Wish I could read the article a little better. Great to hear and re-visit with the OG's! I remember reading this issue when came out back in the day.

Peace,

Mosca Negra

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Yea TK,
the good ole' days..

Mosca,you should be able to read it by clicking on the pic and waiting for it to load and then click it again and blow it up...

Masterlow,
Yes they are actively doing projects together...
Shanti is traveling now looking for new landrace genetics but they are working together.....Fuckin' dream team!!

G

That was the first HT I ever read!, nice one Capt. Sure brings back memories.
And I'm with ya on Shanti and Nevil being a Dream Team. Makes me proud to be a Aussie!

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Man what a great read, thanks CC!!! O h y e s and what a great joy it would be to meet people like Nevil, Shanti and Sam, damn those guys have done great job all of them.

Last edited:
G

Love those old articles. You can't beat Shanti and Neville's. To me, they are the best when it comes to cannabis seeds. Just my two cent.
Take care,
BG

PS, Thanks again Capt for the articles.

C

Chamba

Capt Crip....great story, I really enjoyed it....thanks for posting it

I had to laugh a few times too....the strict Catholic school I went to followed the same "spare the rod and spoil the child" way of thinking....our teachers had the choice of 3 foot long cane or a regulation strap (15 x 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch) and would use them with frequency

all the teachers had their own technique...some of them would take a step in as they swung the cane..others would get airborne ..we are talking swinging a cane or strap as hard as a grown man could swing it.....all teachers were rated on their style and their ability to inflict pain, as were all students on how they handled the pain.....some teachers had an elaborate warm up...

"six of the best" it was called ....6 whacks on open palms for something minor.....or for more major infringements 3 ~ 6 on your ass as you bend over and touch your toes...the butt whacks really stung..the funniest thing was watching some kid cop a good stinger to the ass and see him do that back arched tip toed dance with lips pursed in pain of the just strapped while holding his ass while the teacher grabs his shoulder and says "one more" ..the rest of the class in hysterics.....

once or twice each year a student would go over the top and be sent to the headmaster's office....a priest and a world champion caner.....he speciality was caning bare asses...this was done in the library with the school secretary present, a matronly lady,

almost all of the caning or strapping would usually take place in front of the class..instant justice

I'd prefer the "strap" to the cane..they both sting like crazy but I used to hate hearing that fast whizzing noise that the cane makes.

I don't think that corporal punishment was harmful long term in any way...we all played full contact sports so it wasn't that bad..we had teachers who never used the cane and had no need for it, but corporal punishment did liven things up..it always got everyone's attention!

...and it's a good workout for the teachers lol..though now I wonder how many of those teachers got off on it?...none of the priests seemed to but there was one lay teacher, a Mister Hogg, who's eyes really lit up when it cane to caning..he had the most elaborate warm up, he loved to hear the oohs and arrghs from the class and at times would smirk with evil pleasure when he would sarcastically ask the class how many was the count so far."what that number four or five?"..but you could tell he wasn't really into the actual hitting part...Mr Hogg was rated as a bit of a lightweight in power and how many he would give you, but he did enjoy the spectacle and as he was an English teacher, he added gallows humor, the same corny lines every time....

.....and that bio about Nevil once again illustrates the all encompassing horror that smack is.....

it just goes to show that even the cool and the innovative can ruin their lives and lose everything after playing with extracts of poppy

Last edited:

edelephant

I might be a youngin', but this is the first Ive ever heard of Neville being hooked to smack. Always admired people that were able to get over such a demon and become contributing and successful members of society!!! Doesn't happen all that often now a days....

Cheers Nev!

Wherever in the world you may be!!!!

masterlow37

Veteran
:wave:It just dawned on me i also have this mag from March 87' somewhere, got to dig in some old boxes in storage & locate, I hope.:cool:

Tropical Treats

Nice articles Capt. Crip. Its cool when you dig up old magz. and read about the good ol' days. Neville and Shanti are truely great breeders and they are THE DREAM TEAM when in comes to cannabis genetics.

Ruosk

Very intresting read.. thanks man. Fun reading about what was going on when I was way too young to even know what cannabis means.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thank you for scanning this article Captain I have readed it longtime ago, long before I was into growin.

I must give big respect for Nevil for kickin an habit I personally know how difficult it could be... Like he said, addict must want to quit by himself, nobody else cannot do it for him!

Take care people and dont fuck around with that heroinshit!!!

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still have my copy too. I consider '86-'89 the golden age of growing, and those High Times from that era, along w/ Sensimilla Tips, are golden. I'd never get rid of them.
Operation Green Merchant sure torpedoed that era.
Thx Cap! :D:yes:

C

Chamba

Operation Green Merchant sure torpedoed that era.

the innocence was lost, but though cannabis is more demonized, intrusionly detected and prohibited..there are more cannabis trees growing in the USA than ever before....so it was a torpedo to the era....and a balloon to the bloated enforcement budgets each year (which is part of the reason that this "war" on drugs continues and grows each year..and then there's the pharmacueticals...and the...)

but with the Iraqinam invasion turning sour, we should expect our illustrious leaders to throw up a smoke screen ..the good old crackdown on drugs is always a good one..don't expect loads of crack or meth dealers to get taken down.....no, that's too hard...they will hit us easy targets - the person who chooses to grow his own!

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Chamba said:
with the Iraqinam invasion turning sour, we should expect our illustrious leaders to throw up a smoke screen ..the good old crackdown on drugs is always a good one..don't expect loads of crack or meth dealers to get taken down.....no, that's too hard...they will hit us easy targets - the person who chooses to grow his own!

Mm, I'm not sure I agree. Remember, the DEA is a governmental institution that doesn't need to show any result for their activity. They've been systematically loosing the War on Drugs ever since they started it, more and more drugs flood the country and nobody gets fired, nobody gets shut down, nobody gets reorganized. Imagine if NASA was as bad at sending things into space?
"Yes we know Mr President, we've been trying to send that satellite up 16 times already and failed, but we're confident that this time our luck will change. It does cost the taxpayers a whole lot of money after all."

Wasn't Operation Green Merchant a big failure? What did they really manage to achieve with it, except terrorising some hydro store owners, and making cash croppers happy by increasing the street value of their merchandise?

Attacking homegrowers - for instance through the internet - would be like attacking music downloading at the grass roots. Where are they going to start, and how far would they go? Arrest every damn kid with a few megs of pirated mp3:s in his computer? Such an operation would be a nightmare to set up, it would blow their budget to pieces and put serious strain on the already overstrained penitentiary system.

What I'm tring to say is, unless you've got the whole barn plus the chicken coop full of plants growing, you're not an easy or even interesting target. Easy targets are crime syndicates, networks (such as Overgrow) and certain institutions such as High Times Magazine (who propably needs as many defense lawyers as People magazine to stay in the course) and the Socal med dispensaries.

Last edited:
G

Grasso

Hello,

why did Neville not release the super stealth strain? Why did he quit his seed bank buisness? Does he really now live in a sort of hospital?

Uli

Latest posts

Latest posts