What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Diesel Intro

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Lots of good feedback on one of my newer creations Orange Diesel. So I might as well kick it off with the background. Normally Ive never been a fan of either the color/fruit named strains because I had come to equate a majority of them with a lower than expected potency level.

I while back a buddy turned me on to their orange strain which was a cross between Cali Orange Bud and Skunk#1. I was really impressed with its potency and yield for being an "orange" strain. Around the same time I also had going that prolific NYCD male from Annac's stock. A few paintbrush strokes later and the deed was done.

Heres the pics I have of the orange strain and that uber-male NYCD plant. [ yes that last pic is a male :yoinks: ]

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
What is the smoke like? Looks good, feels good to grow your own out doesn't it? Bong salute!
H

Verite

Veteran
Now fast forward to the present and heres the current crop of Orange Diesel. This intro will go a bit faster since I wasnt able to get many baby pics. These pics are about five days into flowering.

While the leaves all look pretty uniform the plant structures have two distinct growing phenos. One is a shorter branched cylindrical shaped plant and the other pheno has large bushing lower branches. It will be a while before I know if theres much difference between the two when they bud out more. With sixteen decent female representatives there should be a few good ones that stand out to be pollenated.

Out of this batch I had about 9 males to 'weed' thru to make the one selection. As far as they went it seemed most of the bushy branched ones were better than their cylindrical counterparts. More resin developement, better smell, and overall healthier growth. For a couple of weeks it was neck and neck between three of the bushy ones and the final one stood out a hair above the other two.

Heres a couple of group shots of the females.

Heres some closer shots of a couple nice individual gals.

And heres the last one of the chosen male. More updates soon.

G

Damn verite, that is one bad ass male you got there. The orange diesel sounds very good, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Take care

guerilla

p.s.
Love the new avatar :biglaugh:

ECUG

That male is fantastic. Your cross looks beautiful as well. What smell did the buds take on?

Verite

Veteran
Thanks peeps, so far I only have feedback from the people that have test grown/smoked the Orange Diesel. I will be getting a chance to try some out next week first hand, so I can let you know then my first thoughts on consumption.

Some that have already tried it left some comments in my other strain thread Holy Grail [ linked below ] If it turns out really good I'll have to get some of Rez's Sour D and whip up some Sweet-n-Sour D, yum.

Verite said:
Thanks peeps, so far I only have feedback from the people that have test grown/smoked the Orange Diesel. I will be getting a chance to try some out next week first hand, so I can let you know then my first thoughts on consumption.

Some that have already tried it left some comments in my other strain thread Holy Grail [ linked below ] If it turns out really good I'll have to get some of Rez's Sour D and whip up some Sweet-n-Sour D, yum.
sweet n sour could be nice :) keep us posted on your projects as they happen, brother!
i hear the SD IBL even carries an 'orange' phenotype :dance: could be a match made in heaven
and hey, dont skimp on the dried shots :kos:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Props to you Verite!:yes: I love the orange taste of Cali-o, this ( cali-0 x skunk1 ) x NYCD looks kickass! Looks like she will yield too! Pullin up a seat to oogle your orangey offspring... :D

Last edited:
G

Very nice pics Vertie, the male in your first post is outstanding! The girls all look very very good, I really like the structure of the offspring. I am pullnig up a chair for sure, this looks to be very impressive :yes:

GreenDreamz

Wow looking awesome verite. Plants are looking very healthy, hope all goes well with this project, and if you do your "sweet n sour d" in the near future

:lurk:

Do you think white label Orange Bud would have turned out any better?

Just curious cuz thats what i was gonna use.........but if you think cali-o is better i would do try that instead!

aeric

Veteran
If it turns out really good I'll have to get some of Rez's Sour D and whip up some Sweet-n-Sour D, yum
funny thing is I have 2 males of V3 and they both looked like that....THE best and girthiest looking males I've ever seen. In veg. they looked more indica and darker leaved than the fems.

Lookin forward to the rest.

G

props verite...... your plants look perfect and healthy bro. :yes:

let me know if you need another test, i'd be honored :D

i'll be lurking...... waiting for the budshots!

Socrates

Blueberry skunk: I thought orange bud was pretty underwhelming when I tried it, nice taste I guess but the high was mediocre at best. That' s just my opinion - this cross, on the other hand, looks like it could turn out nice and tasty. Nice work +K, er I mean rep, w/e

Momma Jo

I was lucky enough to get to grow out this Orange Diesel (3 times)...and like Verite already mentioned, it packs quite a punch. I had at least a half dozen "hardened" smokers try it, and the response was unanimous..it took them all the way around the block, and then back again. Men I knew seemed to like it more than women, so maybe it is not for the delicate of heart. I'll never forget the aroma...kind of like a mechanic's oil rag that had been wrapped around an orange and buried for a year. (maybe thats why the guys loved it so!)

It was very consistently fabulous in the closet. I tend to keep my girls somewhat small, by choice, being that my space is limited...but it was a vigorous grower...and ended up having the most sparkly, glistening trichomes of anything else I grew, each and every time. Mad props, Verite!

Here's a few pics I snapped of one from last summer...

Verite

Veteran
Nice pics MommaJo. I just got to indulge in a sample of her Orange Diesel and have to agree. I rolled up a nice doobie and pulled a couple good hits and its one of those kinds of weeds that makes your eyes sort of light sensitive when you blow the hit out [ insta-squint. :rasta: ]

The taste is pretty heavy in the Nycd sense and yet the orange still manages to sneak in there for a pleasant spicey citrus blend. The potency seems to be a bit more than the parents I remembered from the originals I tried. The high is a nice strong one of the type I like where I get this kind of floaty feeling in my brain right behind my eyes.

It was such a nice dense nug I had to take some pics of it, kudos to M-J's growin skills.

Latest posts

Latest posts