What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Underdog/Headband/Daywrecker and Sour Diesel Lineage?

mexweed

Veteran
maybe the CO farmer is actually Pbud and that's just how Chemdog referred to him before the legalization/podcast scene, Pbud and his friends are who were growing the dogbud from norcal/soore with some hashplants and a couple other things in Crested Butte

michigoneja

So who was this farmer who held the original chemdog ,before the magic 13 seeds?

From recent interviews with Pbud (who was friends with Joe B that got the original seeded bud), the original grower hasn't been found. It has been pin-pointed to come from the Camas Valley region of Oregon and that's where the trail goes cold.

Still nobody has come forward as the creator.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Daywrecker
fetch?photoid=17791017.jpg

mexweed

Veteran
I came across a post by JJ on another forum where he said he and others in the crew don't think there is any mass ss in sour that sour is chem 91Xdnl

JJ seems to remember underdog/original diesel/AJ's headband as chem 91X(mass ssXnl) and Weasel remembers it as mass ssX(chem 91Xnl)

maybe one is the underdog and the other is the daywrecker, there was probably also chem sis in the room as sis came from the original seed pop by Chemdog and Weasel has said that he had "everything" going in the room

I think they probably worked the lines more than is let on, accidental herming was probably just the first step

Mr. Concigliere

I'll tell you a true story of ChemDog (91/#3/#4/D), Sour Diesel, & OG Kush!!!! Once upon a time, there were dudes, who wanted to live better! And so they grew and sold weed. It was illegal at the time. And they grew in the steppes and forests, seeds from all kinds of joints (anything that smokes, everything fits)! Best of all, pollinated with their "best" "true" & more. They were probably called shit, dog, and kush(I guess OG Kush, this is a kush overgrow (OG) project). That's the end of the fairy tale... This is, like the Slavs, all the good weed from the 90s was called Chuika, from the Chuy valley...

Ralph W. Llama

I was at the Buckeye Lake Ohigho GD show in 91 and a friend ended up with a sack of the Chemdog. It blew my mind at the time, it didn’t look, taste or smell like anything else I had seen before. After moving to northern NE, the Diesel started to come around in 95ish and I felt pretty certain that they were related. Fast forward to the 2000’s and another CD bagseed has helped form the foundations of my own breeding program. Amazing genes and we’re all lucky for the spread.

Attachments

• photo2109707.jpg
    photo2109707.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

kaneboy

just finished chem fuego from lucky dog seeds,smells really strong lemon cleaner and skunk,next onto dogpatch ,thanks to whoever is the og of chemdog

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was at the Buckeye Lake Ohigho GD show in 91 and a friend ended up with a sack of the Chemdog. It blew my mind at the time, it didn’t look, taste or smell like anything else I had seen before. After moving to northern NE, the Diesel started to come around in 95ish and I felt pretty certain that they were related. Fast forward to the 2000’s and another CD bagseed has helped form the foundations of my own breeding program. Amazing genes and we’re all lucky for the spread.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, Star. I have this show and most of the other great ones I was lucky enough to attend. Etree has been very helpful.

:wave:I was on tour from ‘76 > ‘93 that was my life & lots of those audience recordings that are up on the net were made by star🌟 crash

Ralph W. Llama

You must have caught a lot of magical shows. I got to my first GD adventure in 88 and Phish in 91, so late and then early in their respective careers. ;) Thank you for the efforts and sorry for the thread drift, although these bands are integral to the story here.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No it is on topic because the grateful dead and the tour were responsible for so much marijuana also many deadheads went on to become growers …that was the traditional path:biggrin: