What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G13... Legends, Theories, and Facts

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Furthermore, Ortega’s clones and stories circulating the community should be taken with massive grains of salt, no different than hempy’s narratives.
Shanti’s clone was not from Ortega, it was obtained in WA within the last 6 years.

Airborne G-13 is G-13 x NL#2.

You should of got Nevil's side to the story but ha why let the truth get in the way right ?.

Jim Ortega traded genetics with Nevil for a long time going by what Nevil said Jim did get a clone of the real G13 cut from him.

Shanti did not the clone was dead way before Nevil left Holland but only shanti got the last cross of the G13 before it died.

Nevil told me he be very surprised if any clone of the G13 be alive still best people could expect are hybrids.

You call me out and yet i kept it honest and kept the people involved privet.

You let the cat out of the bag and for that i am grateful Apomixis as this has gone on for so many years the facts are never as glamorous as the myths .

People claiming this others this but Nevil was the guy that went collected it and made hybrids of it and made it available to the masses no one else.

Nannymouse

So, has this discussion actually cleared(some) things up? What i got out of it, (and thank you,) is that the AirborneG is a NorthernLights cross and most folks agree that the original G mother is gone.

In any case, the G13 crosses that i'd sampled years ago, made 'lights out' about impossible, cuz if they weren't out before that toke, the lights would just have to not get turned off. It was 'head down' and right away. Some tasted like dry peanut hulls, some smelled like burning tires.

One of the mysteries for me, is what then, was the outcross for the 75%airborne that was circulating back toward 2000.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Very happy to see everyone's posts.

Was hoping for a little more discussion of which Landrace group it came from.

Dwarf Afghani sounds like the plants from Balkh. Are the Original genetics from G13 hiding, waiting for another Pheno Hunter to come along and find? We know NL#5 looks like Mazar-i-Sharif, NL#2 is a Hindu Kush line. Which genepool is G13 from? Syrian? Egyptian? Iranian? Afghan?

Apomixis

Nanny,

You’re a good heart and soul who has blessed many of the private forums I’ve participated in over the last two decades. Well-meaning and innocent members of the community like yourself are why I opted to speak up, as we’re living in a unique time and era where lies and conspiracies reign supreme over truth and rationality, and it’s high time the record gets set straight.

I refuse to engage hempy and his antics of obfuscating the facts, for risk of this thread devolving into the many Haze history threads he’s marred. His personal bias has been well on display for as long as I can recall, and if it comes from the mouths of his idols he need not perform any due diligence or at least entertain the possibility he could be wrong.

I laid forth more factual information about the G-13 clone then anything that was presented in this thread or any before it. Most of everything else is hearsay or misinformation. It’s difficult for many people to reconcile the fact that legitimate sources for genetics can be illegitimate sources for information.

Anyone expecting to find the gene pool G13 descended from is not well-versed in the evolution of Cannabis genetic resources. What’s cultivated in Afghanistan in 2021 is highly unlikely to resemble what was being cultivated in 1970’s-80’s. Furthermore, the drug gene pool has experienced so much development over this period that most consumers wouldn’t value these heirlooms if they had them.

-Kanza

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nanny,

You’re a good heart and soul who has blessed many of the private forums I’ve participated in over the last two decades. Well-meaning and innocent members of the community like yourself are why I opted to speak up, as we’re living in a unique time and era where lies and conspiracies reign supreme over truth and rationality, and it’s high time the record gets set straight.

I refuse to engage hempy and his antics of obfuscating the facts, for risk of this thread devolving into the many Haze history threads he’s marred. His personal bias has been well on display for as long as I can recall, and if it comes from the mouths of his idols he need not perform any due diligence or at least entertain the possibility he could be wrong.

I laid forth more factual information about the G-13 clone then anything that was presented in this thread or any before it. Most of everything else is hearsay or misinformation. It’s difficult for many people to reconcile the fact that legitimate sources for genetics can be illegitimate sources for information.

Anyone expecting to find the gene pool G13 descended from is not well-versed in the evolution of Cannabis genetic resources. What’s cultivated in Afghanistan in 2021 is highly unlikely to resemble what was being cultivated in 1970’s-80’s. Furthermore, the drug gene pool has experienced so much development over this period that most consumers wouldn’t value these heirlooms if they had them.

-Kanza

I kept the people involved in the G13 clone like Horhay /Gorge and his friend privet but you publicly exposed them.

You also made claims that are not true like shanti having the G13 clone and Jim Ortega not having it.

I am not attacking you Apomixis but you are me and slandering me because you clearly have an agenda here.

My post was spot on to were Nevil got the G13 but unlike you i kept Horyay/Gorge and his friend anonymous.

All i try and do is keep the information i post honest .

I would appreciate it if you kept things on topic and not directed and me.

I feel the G13 was an Afghani so did Nevil from memory.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Hi Apomixis. Even if it really is lost forever, where do You think it originated? Lots of Afghani and Pakistani genetics were worked in the early days of indoor growing. Where does your personal insight put pins on the map for the G13 source origin?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Hello Hempy. Your post about it being a Dwarf Afghani cultivar made me think of the Balkh varieties offered by Khalifa Genetics and The Real Seed Company. The Green Apple, Lebanese Blonde Hash taste descriptions are also very interesting.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hello Hempy. Your post about it being a Dwarf Afghani cultivar made me think of the Balkh varieties offered by Khalifa Genetics and The Real Seed Company. The Green Apple, Lebanese Blonde Hash taste descriptions are also very interesting.

Hi Fletch no the G13 clone being Dwarf Afghani cultivar i think came from Apomixis.

I my self think its Afghani and so did Nevil by memory i never saw Dwarfism in the last cross that came from the G13 being the G13/Sk.

I saw mostly Afghani looking plants and a few Sk nothing in between.

What i found was the Lebanese blonde hash taste in the flowers others said they got Green Apple.

The plant had very dark green almost Black leaf color and i saw typical stretch i would expect from an Afghani.

TheDarkStorm

Shanti never had the G13 clone he was given only seed by Nevil

Shanti has a clone now hempy, he has redone some of his lines with it...think g13 afghan, g13 AC and some others. I dont think shanti uses his g13sk parent no more.

Nevil got doggles to send him g13 hawiian as well remember....think nevil used it to make afew hybrids one being called gush.... I do think tho it could be some sort of s1...but doggles is saying he cleaned up the original clone to get it to survive.... not sure if you remember while nevil was still around doggles opened a thread on mr nice because people were giving him a hard time about the clone and obviously had some back and forth with greenthumb because he had sold him this clone for big bucks and people were questioning it.....nevil did come on the thread an publicly confirmed it was legit...and later had some work from it sent to him...one of those being the g13 Hawaiian..... but like I said it could be some sort of s1 cuz it seems to be enhanced.

TheDarkStorm

Hi Fletch no the G13 clone being Dwarf Afghani cultivar i think came from Apomixis.

I my self think its Afghani and so did Nevil by memory i never saw Dwarfism in the last cross that came from the G13 being the G13/Sk.

I saw mostly Afghani looking plants and a few Sk nothing in between.

What i found was the Lebanese blonde hash taste in the flowers others said they got Green Apple.

The plant had very dark green almost Black leaf color and i saw typical stretch i would expect from an Afghani.

I agree with hempy ..the original seemed to be some type of Afghan...but unique in taste and power..probably a type that no longer exists...it was thought to be some sort of sport pheno...a extreme of its type....ive never had other afghans that had that kind of taste that hempy describes as Lebanese blonde hash wich is wat I got too from it...the taste was very strong and unique and it was powerful too.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Shanti has a clone now hempy, he has redone some of his lines with it...think g13 afghan, g13 AC and some others. I dont think shanti uses his g13sk parent no more.

Nevil got doggles to send him g13 hawiian as well remember....think nevil used it to make afew hybrids one being called gush.... I do think tho it could be some sort of s1...but doggles is saying he cleaned up the original clone to get it to survive.... not sure if you remember while nevil was still around doggles opened a thread on mr nice because people were giving him a hard time about the clone and obviously had some back and forth with greenthumb because he had sold him this clone for big bucks and people were questioning it.....nevil did come on the thread an publicly confirmed it was legit...and later had some work from it sent to him...one of those being the g13 Hawaiian..... but like I said it could be some sort of s1 cuz it seems to be enhanced.

Hi Dark i meant pure G13 clone mate i know shanti has G13 crosses and i was given the G13/Hawaiian by some one i grew it out and binned it .

If there are any G13 out there they be S1 at best mate Nevil told me he did not believe any clones from the original would be still around as his died years before.

The G13/Sk is with out question the strongest indica i have ever smoked i was lucky found great G13 expressive plants. I showed Nevil pictures and he told me they looked like the G13.

jayd

is the g13/sk mr nice sell actually g13xsk or is it g13/sk x sk as i remember reading somewhere it was crossed to skunk (g13/sk x sk ) the same as his g13 x widow is g13/widow x widow ???

last week ii started to germ 3 old seeds (10+years)
of heath robinsons nl x g13/sk s1 seeds . 1 is now just above the jiffy plug and i hope 1 more comes up

GoatCheese

Veteran
is the g13/sk mr nice sell actually g13xsk or is it g13/sk x sk as i remember reading somewhere it was crossed to skunk (g13/sk x sk ) the same as his g13 x widow is g13/widow x widow ???

of heath robinsons nl x g13/sk s1 seeds . 1 is now just above the jiffy plug and i hope 1 more comes up
MNS G13Skunk = G13Skunk x Skunk. I grew out 3 females years ago. Nothing to write home about. Bland taste, effect wasn’t very interesting.Having little NL with that won't hurt abit, can only make it better.

MNS G13Widow was also crossed with a skunk. So it’s G13Widow x Skunk
..Bullshit marketing by Shanti to sell it as G13Widow when it actually has Skunk in it.

G13Fan

Smoked a million bowls of weed in my life. One day I got 1 20 dollar tiny bud 1 puff of G13 was the most powerful by far, it was special in every way. No weed is like it was 20 yrs ago not even close. That old weed is gone. Grew Delta blues this year was powerful but nothing like the old G13 biker weed
People who say G13 is nothing have no fucking clue and never smoked it PERIOD.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

The seed i got and grew were test seed and they were G13/Sk shanti grew out the seed given to him by Nevil the selections were made seed produced and there the seed i and a few others got to test.

To be honest i thought up until now what was being sold was G13/Sk but turns out GoatChesse is correct what is sold is G13/Sk X Sk1.

GoatCheese

Veteran
If anyone is interested in growing MNS G13 hybrids, i’d go for G13Haze, thou i haven’t grown G13Widow yet. I have a pack of those too, which I bought before Shanti revealed it’s 50% Skunk and I lost interest abit. Wouldn’t have bought it at all if I’d know that then.
G13Haze is what it says on the packet. It’s a re-pro made with Nevil’s old seed stock, no Skunk added and it’s much, much better pot than MNS G13Skunk/Skunk was. The Skunk male that Shanti used in G13Skunk and G13Widow seems to be a so called “sweet” skunk and it’s quite bland in taste and the effect is abit one dimensional.

You can get killer deals on MNS auction site, where you can get seed packs for under 20 euros with a bit of luck, good bidding tactics and persistence.

I had four females of G13Hz and every lady had a different Haze pheno in it and every plant was atleast nice weed if not up there with the best stuff like the pheno I kept.
Minty-menthol, nutty, hint of pine, fruity-pineapple notes, spicey haze notes, some had notes of liver/leather. Skunky notes from the G13 in some of them.Not every plant is super strong but not weak either, while some are very potent stuff.

B.T. Herb

big quote,liver/leather...some are very potent stuff.
mad about that leather.

did you find a scent of gasoline on that leather, even?

IMG_20200924_082610.jpg

GoatCheese

Veteran
mad about that leather.

did you find a scent of gasoline on that leather, even?

View attachment 558274
No gas on my 4 females (..and no incense on those girls, before anyone asks.:biggrin:)
Also, the strain isn’t super pungent hazey, like some Haze hybrids can be, it’s abit more subtle but still the aromas are quite complex. The liver/leather was a part of a complex aroma, not very pungent.

G13 seems to be abit bland in aroma, and it seems to tune down the smells abit but it's effect goes pretty well with sativas cause it's not super complex in effect so it allows the sativa effect to shine thru, imo. ..thou, my G13Hz keeper has quite a head stone and will make you sit down if you're a light smoker or you smoke too much of it. But not all of them are that stoned in the head.

Here’s my PacificG13 x NL5 (Gordy’s Spice18 by Motarebel)
..it’s a G13 leaning pheno …a dwarf/short indica, not much stretch in bloom.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's my G13Haze keeper

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts