What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So what are the latest fandangled strains getting around?

rolandomota

Ive grown tons of S1's from the Gelato 25 and have seen so many of the new strains pop out... Ive had phenos smell like Zskittlez to Vanilla Frosting... its no wonder the game is so meh meh right now....no real work put in and everyone renaming the same shit...

Pretty looking weed that gets u high for 15 min... quality of high is bunk but the looks and bag appeal are off the charts... aka Fools Gold
Yea man preach!
It makes me happy to see others that feel the same I do:laughing: pretty looking and tasting weed with bunk high.
quality lol yep sure buddy expensive as hell too holy manure man and Don't get me started on seed prices you won't hear the end of it

B.T. Herb

anyway I was talking about funny fact, that some of the most popular cuts are not results of intentional breeding.

well... we could talk till the end of the days about what has shall be considered intentional, nowadays. but without wasting this thread with a philosophical OT i meant that, when you apply yourself on something, the only fact you must start from is the batches you get. no matter who you was, are or who you will be.

all the best

Gaussamer

I would expect CBD trends to translate to the regular weed trends and vice versa, as we've seen already. There's a cherry CBD strain that I tried and really liked a lot, was almost like cherry pie without the tangy earth flavor to it. Sadly probably going to be less dog shit, cat piss, roadkill skunk, halitosis haze, and whatnot. More of a focus on widely compelling flavors, most of which are just floral variation A/B/C in my opinion right now but the room for improvement is there. Worth keeping an eye on both markets to see where things are trending though, as far as appearances they will probably follow each other extremely closely when it comes to the "new hotness".

Sunshineinabag

Frankie and dee had a orange cough that was just need knees man ..

Why couldn't of I had my chit together back then!? I'd love to perpetuate the smoke we had in school in the 80s. Then again...
We went to the flea market to grab it

rolandomota

A roadkill is coming down the pipeline red Kandahar from Afghanistan I'm not sure how available it will be from Indian landrace exchange I should not be telling this to anyone as I feel I will miss out now because everyone wants that roadkill I don't think I have ever had super stinky rotten meat weed only medium stink Mexican with rotten meat smell I don't think I have seeds of rotting protein Mexican that pound was from 08 and didn't have seeds it was dark color and clearly was a rotten meat smell so hmmm maybe yea I have had it dog shit yes I grew a seed once from brick and it was like a dog farted directly in your nostrils when you popped open the jar real super stinking dog fart lol

Gaussamer

Dominion has had a good skunk thing going for a while now. The VA roadkill skunk is still alive and well back where it actually came from, but not in VA. I'm not aware of any breeder really nailed it for the masses yet, though it's very much still out there. Personally I find it way too stoney and lethargic but certainly a nice alternative to the headline diet strains that mostly smell like the inside of a high school cheerleader's purse.

Maybe I'm wrong and with less worries in the future about getting busted for loud plants the old haymakers will have a big resurgence. Medically speaking those strains were powerhouses, definitely still worth growing if folks like the classic narcotic buzz.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The original Skunk from 1980 is no more. Nothing available today is as skunky as that clone was. Lots of us have looked though countless packs of "skunk seeds" for decades with most not even with a skunk aroma. There was a Shoreline cross that was passed around that was the closes found to date. No clue if its still alive. Something like the real skunk would make huge waves through the community and we would know.

Last edited:

Bud_Man10

Veteran
The original Skunk from 1980 is no more. Nothing available today is as skunky as that clone was. Lots have of us have looked though countless packs of "skunk seeds" for decades with most not even with a skunk aroma. There was a Shoreline cross that was passed around that was the closes found to date. No clue if its still alive. Something like the real skunk would make huge waves through the community and we would know.
Agree 100%...nobody sittin’ on that!

Peace
BM

therevverend

Veteran
Pretty looking weed that gets u high for 15 min
That's the DMT business model, except it doesn't look as pretty. 15 minutes always worked for me, give me 10 and I'll be reaching for the bong again..

Hempsmoke

I came to this thread to find out what's the newest, hottest strain right now, but all I got were some "everything was better back then" vibes.
If it was we would be smoking it right now.

Covid blues? :laughing:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I came to this thread to find out what's the newest, hottest strain right now, but all I got were some "everything was better back then" vibes.
If it was we would be smoking it right now.

Covid blues? :laughing:

LOL, Most of us back then did not grow from clones. Very few even knew how to grow indoor. Most that did it was crap. Those that grew the same clone did not share them outside of a small circle. Many of us old heads have passed on with all their genetics. There was a lot more diversity in the seeds we got from imported weed. Nothing was Cookies. Today a lot of the gene pool is bottlenecked. Most are on the easy breeding track. Going back to real breeding takes too long for most. All you get today is something cookies.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Just take a look of my work and you will know what could be a long lasting tasty positive high and i'm still modest ya, some who already tried my seeds speaks of legend but it is only the beginning, patience ^^ Peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks up Hammerhead genetics..... all OG crosses, but holds his nose at cookies.... ;) lol i kid i kid..

You must think everything is OG. I have zero OG in my garden. I have zero cookies in may garden. I love OG. Cookies is a shit OG IMO.. I haven't messed with an OG cut in about 3 years. Cookies are not part of anything Ive worked on in the last 3 years+. Knowing if cookies is part of the genetics we get is the hardest part since everyone added cookies at some point. Its all Haze hybrid work for the last year. I'm trying to breed that crap out. Id never use cookies again ever. I do not categorize cookies as something good to breed with its garbage breeding material. Don't get confused with real OG like TK or similar. Putting cookies in the OG category is a mistake IMO. It should get its own category. Everything in my garden but the white Truffle was made and selected by me.

Last edited:

clearheaded

thought flashbang has MAC? aka miracle alien cookies. white larryXamber cookies obv cookies. maybe ur dif then hammerhead genetics? fruity pebbles OG crossed to sunset (imagine cookies cross or at least has OG). i just see 1 variety for sale that has a very small amount of OG for sale but good chunk with cookies and rest OG ;) 3 of teh 6 for sale are cookies crosses..

u grow and breed more then i ever will but just pointing out little bit of hipocrocey.. but yes I consider everything that has the fuely smell and is a cross with OG kush i consider og. obv some are more lemon, sour or sweet or nutty coffee or fuel but still easy to know it is chem/og line. and ya so everything is OG in the market by and large and why I agree with you saying its a bottleneck . why people use it is the distinct loud fuel. prob never tried a real cookie cut but seeds, but although some differences def what i have tried has fuel/og smell. but beside the point..

anyhoo, point being, called out others for breeding with cookies but do exactly the same thing. all love think have some fire looking gear and would love to try oneday. just thought it was funny is all even if they are old beans, its whats out there atm... all good, awesome moving away from that and doing HAZE hybrids and making some unique selections..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thought flashbang has MAC? aka miracle alien cookies. white larryXamber cookies obv cookies. maybe ur dif then hammerhead genetics? fruity pebbles OG crossed to sunset (imagine cookies cross or at least has OG). i just see 1 variety for sale that has a very small amount of OG for sale but good chunk with cookies and rest OG ;) 3 of teh 6 for sale are cookies crosses..

u grow and breed more then i ever will but just pointing out little bit of hipocrocey.. but yes I consider everything that has the fuely smell and is a cross with OG kush i consider og. obv some are more lemon, sour or sweet or nutty coffee or fuel but still easy to know it is chem/og line. and ya so everything is OG in the market by and large and why I agree with you saying its a bottleneck . why people use it is the distinct loud fuel. prob never tried a real cookie cut but seeds, but although some differences def what i have tried has fuel/og smell. but beside the point..

anyhoo, point being, called out others for breeding with cookies but do exactly the same thing. all love think have some fire looking gear and would love to try one day. just thought it was funny is all even if they are old beans, its whats out there atm... all good, awesome moving away from that and doing HAZE hybrids and making some unique selections..

I made plenty of mistakes over the years. A big one was using cookies. Ive learned from those mistakes. Looks like your confused as to what cookies I'm referring to. Ive Grown most hyped cookie cuts. Out crosses are not what I'm referring to. I hate cookies personally its tasteless nonsense. If others like cookies which some prob do that's fine. We all like different stuff.

I will never use cookies again. Been there done that with nothing but issues. It has to be my out crossed selections which you posted above. Your talking about a lifetime of work Ive posted here on ICMAG. I took the time to make proper selections and tested it all well. The only problems I've run into are cookies related. Do my out crosses have cookies yes, id never find breeding materiel If I didn't use an out cross.. It would be near impossible to find something that doesn't have cookies in it. Straight cookies will cause issues guaranteed. The only way to be sure it to use Sativa/Hazes we know are free of cookies.. That's the path I'm on now..

Everything you mentioned of mine is out crossed. Out crossed cookies are the only ones good but still carry those bad traits.. Ive been growing/smoking since the early 70's. My path is to bring back what I think is true quality cannabis we had decades ago. With everyone using cookies and still do it will not be easy finding material to breed with. I think I can using Bx Hazes to a Sour Diesel as a base breeding parent(not a drop of cookies in this). Ive already done this part. I need to do more, more , more.

Last edited:

clearheaded

just a little attempt at humor in the irony....

continue on with the new new..... which we all hope is shifting towards effects which we hope u find in those haze hybrids.. the quicker flower and 'NLD' like buzz isnt super common c99 jack ssh are from the 90s and still remain all there is in mainstream...

Latest posts

Latest posts