Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are the latest fandangled strains getting around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive grown tons of S1's from the Gelato 25 and have seen so many of the new strains pop out... Ive had phenos smell like Zskittlez to Vanilla Frosting... its no wonder the game is so meh meh right now....no real work put in and everyone renaming the same shit...

Pretty looking weed that gets u high for 15 min... quality of high is bunk but the looks and bag appeal are off the charts... aka Fools Gold
    Hall Of Fame

Comment

Yeah I apologise for being tangential in my posts I have a head injury
      I eat legos

Comment

Originally posted by B.T. Herb View Post
        getting OT, maybe

may you explain,please?

sounds little bit elitist your distinction between what's normal from what HAS to be damned cool.don't really wanna seems harsh, i really got what you say about: a missed male, or at least an erma, is not a breeding project but, let me understand:
        since a grower find something ...he's just a grower. even if he had work for it,even if he had spent days thinking about how he could get the best from what he's working with, even on a small scala, even starting by few seeds.and that... just because he's the bwoy. well, let me say:

I've heard couple of tales in the past about peeps, and not just anonymous peeps, that got their start by crossing few seeds. where they still growers or yet breeders?

then , by other hands, i refuse to accept that old timers breeders could know exactly what could come from thier batches in the instant they pollinate fems...
        did you?

all the best
        we are not all the same, when somebody is good at something, is not good at something else. more talented doesn't mean to be elitist, or doesn't have any other meanings. maybe better word would be usual instead of normal, simply what is happening mostly often, no need to normatively normalize I agree.// anyway I was talking about funny fact, that some of the most popular cuts are not results of intentional breeding.
        If all things were turned to smoke, the nostrils would distinguish them.

Comment

Snomoji.

dank.Frank
          Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading as counter
          culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
          self-justifications catering to the morally
          ambiguous for the sake of the
          ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

There is enough faux frost and early chopped, poorly grown "top shelf" - THE NEW BULK - there is plenty of room for people to carve out their own version of success in the market......dank.frank 2-2-21

This may be my new quote....

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Shadow View Post
              Ive grown tons of S1's from the Gelato 25 and have seen so many of the new strains pop out... Ive had phenos smell like Zskittlez to Vanilla Frosting... its no wonder the game is so meh meh right now....no real work put in and everyone renaming the same shit...

Pretty looking weed that gets u high for 15 min... quality of high is bunk but the looks and bag appeal are off the charts... aka Fools Gold
              Yea man preach!
              It makes me happy to see others that feel the same I do pretty looking and tasting weed with bunk high.
              quality lol yep sure buddy expensive as hell too holy manure man and Don't get me started on seed prices you won't hear the end of it

Comment

Originally posted by MAHA KALA View Post
                anyway I was talking about funny fact, that some of the most popular cuts are not results of intentional breeding.

well... we could talk till the end of the days about what has shall be considered intentional, nowadays. but without wasting this thread with a philosophical OT i meant that, when you apply yourself on something, the only fact you must start from is the batches you get. no matter who you was, are or who you will be.

all the best

Comment

I would expect CBD trends to translate to the regular weed trends and vice versa, as we've seen already. There's a cherry CBD strain that I tried and really liked a lot, was almost like cherry pie without the tangy earth flavor to it. Sadly probably going to be less dog shit, cat piss, roadkill skunk, halitosis haze, and whatnot. More of a focus on widely compelling flavors, most of which are just floral variation A/B/C in my opinion right now but the room for improvement is there. Worth keeping an eye on both markets to see where things are trending though, as far as appearances they will probably follow each other extremely closely when it comes to the "new hotness".

Comment

Skeeballs from Pistil Positive Creations

Comment

Frankie and dee had a orange cough that was just need knees man ..

Why couldn't of I had my chit together back then!? I'd love to perpetuate the smoke we had in school in the 80s. Then again...
                      We went to the flea market to grab it
                      I eat legos

Comment

A roadkill is coming down the pipeline red Kandahar from Afghanistan I'm not sure how available it will be from Indian landrace exchange I should not be telling this to anyone as I feel I will miss out now because everyone wants that roadkill I don't think I have ever had super stinky rotten meat weed only medium stink Mexican with rotten meat smell I don't think I have seeds of rotting protein Mexican that pound was from 08 and didn't have seeds it was dark color and clearly was a rotten meat smell so hmmm maybe yea I have had it dog shit yes I grew a seed once from brick and it was like a dog farted directly in your nostrils when you popped open the jar real super stinking dog fart lol

Comment

Dominion has had a good skunk thing going for a while now. The VA roadkill skunk is still alive and well back where it actually came from, but not in VA. I'm not aware of any breeder really nailed it for the masses yet, though it's very much still out there. Personally I find it way too stoney and lethargic but certainly a nice alternative to the headline diet strains that mostly smell like the inside of a high school cheerleader's purse.

Maybe I'm wrong and with less worries in the future about getting busted for loud plants the old haymakers will have a big resurgence. Medically speaking those strains were powerhouses, definitely still worth growing if folks like the classic narcotic buzz.

Comment

The original Skunk from 1980 is no more. Nothing available today is as skunky as that clone was. Lots of us have looked though countless packs of "skunk seeds" for decades with most not even with a skunk aroma. There was a Shoreline cross that was passed around that was the closes found to date. No clue if its still alive. Something like the real skunk would make huge waves through the community and we would know.
                            Last edited by Hammerhead; 02-03-2021, 23:43.

#hammerhead_genetics on IG
                            Hammers Perpetual showroom

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post
                              The original Skunk from 1980 is no more. Nothing available today is as skunky as that clone was. Lots have of us have looked though countless packs of "skunk seeds" for decades with most not even with a skunk aroma. There was a Shoreline cross that was passed around that was the closes found to date. No clue if its still alive. Something like the real skunk would make huge waves through the community and we would know.
                              Agree 100%...nobody sittin’ on that!

Peace
                              BM
                              Peace
                              BM

Comment

Pretty looking weed that gets u high for 15 min
                                That's the DMT business model, except it doesn't look as pretty. 15 minutes always worked for me, give me 10 and I'll be reaching for the bong again..

Comment

Working...
                                X