What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FLAVOR BOMBS database 2021 strain list

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Let's get a list together of the best flavors all in one spot.

Have you grown or smoked something that tasted just like root beer? Peaches? Pine? Lemon ..Etc... List the strain and describe the flavor the best you can. Please only list strains you know the name of..

FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE ONLY PLEASE!!!!

I will group them together by flavor. Sort of a database of cannabis flavor in one place.

Happy growing and have a toasty 2021! :jump:

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
LEMON

Super Lemon Haze
Lemon Skunk
White Widow
Sour Diesel
OG Kush

STRAWBERRY

Strawberry Cough - original clone Kyle Kushman, seeds Dutch Passion, Hazemans
Strawberry Kush - BOG seeds, White Label
Swiss Skunk
Tikel - Ace seeds, not totally sure it has the flavor, def the smell. Only one report to me about flavor, input needed
Exotic genetics reportedly have some strawberry flavors info needed
Strawberry Diesel - info needed, many seed lines and clones
Bruce Banner - verification needed

PINEAPPLE

C99 aka Cinderella 99

BLUEBERRY

Blueberry - have to do some hunting through the many options. DJ Short is the original

ORANGE/TANGERINE

Cali O
Agent Orange
Bag of Oranges - Useful Seeds
Orange Cookies
Tangier
Clementine
The Vision - Archive seeds

GRAPEFRUIT

Grapefruit - clone or seed, sugary sweet grapefruit
NYCD - Soma's line had some Red Grapefruit Phenos
C99/Cinderella 99 some plants produced Grapefruit Phenos
Dynamite
Sweet Tooth

APPLE

Sour Apple Clone
X-18
Apple Fritter

LIME

Chernobyl

OTHER

Vingarette - sour Vinegar Ginger
Flashbang - sour Vinegar Ginger

VANILLA

Alien Tech
Some Phenos of Blueberry
Vanilluna

SPICES/ HERBS

Jasmine:

Thyme:

GAS FUEL OIL
OG Kush
Afghanis - fuel smells can be found in old lines

ROTTEN GARBAGE PUKE SHIT (in a good way of course!)

Last edited:
i feel bad everyone is ignoring this thread lol, I don't have much to contribute because I haven't smoked a lot of tasty weed yet, but one that did jump out at me with an enjoyable taste was alien og

Greatdalas

Old white widow pine/lemon
Mexican lemon
Peach slush and old c99 peach
Pineapple c99
Old orange bud or old agent orange. orange

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, lots of rootbeer posts on IG. Never had anything rootbeer

Vinaigrette or Flashbang. Both are related .. Sweet, Ginger, Vinegar, Sour, Bubblegum.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
X-18 from Tom Hill reportedly has some apple to it, I have never grown it.

Apple Fritter is making waves anyone care to elaborate?

As far as root beer goes, Sam says there were some root beer flavors in the purple haze lines.

One thing I have been looking for myself is a lime strain. Chunkypigs grew out some Chernobyl that tasted spot on, strongly of lime slushie. It was epic flavor but not much potency. I don't care about potency I am just seeking mouth coating lime flavor. Any ideas?

Wild Seed

Distinct dominant flavor of:
Apple C99 (Whish) and Mandala 1
Pineapple Krystalica (some phenos taste of pineapple bubblegum) and C99
Mint Krystalica (some phenos taste of fresh spearmint)
Blackberry Hashfruit (CBG), Snow Moon (ACE), both PCK crosses
Peach/Apricot Tikal (ACE)
Anise Durban Poison (DP)
Skittles White Bhutan (Mandala) (sweet and sour lemon/lime candy)
Lemon Super Lemon Haze (GHS)
Lime Found a Lime pheno in C99 (FmS) and Bangi Ethiopian (ACE)

Looking for Lime too. LUI Dog, Black Lime Reserve and Crumbled Lime look good options. No experience with them.

Happy Times

Soma NYCD

Pheno from seed a buddy found, one of the most distinctive tastes I’ve encountered- zippy tangy red grapefruit? It’s hard for me to describe

q3corn

NL Blvd from Empyrean. Smells like spraypaint

Just harvested, but it smells almost exactly like a can of spraypaint! Gotta wait for dry/cure to be sure. I got word from the breeder that the spraypaint/hairspray aroma was specifically bred for, so it looks like I got it.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Excellent, this is what I'm talking about! Spray paint, hair spray, biscuits and gravy... Keep them coming!

​​​​​​The basic flavors are out there and most people know them. The strange or obscure flavor profiles are what interest me.

Anyone running anything that actually tastes like peanut butter? I grew a northern lights x ? Years ago that had a peanut butter flavor but did not have the smell. I have smelled many that smell like it but flavor did not transfer.

Same with banana, lots of strains smell like banana but very few translate to mouth coating banana flavor.

NearDef

Bodhi's Skylotus is heavy Bubba/blueberry/blackberry smells.

Have a couple of different selections of seeds that supposedly lean towards red berry (Raspberry/Cherry) fragrances but haven't run them yet. Amnesia Haze x Choc Rain F2, Santa Maria x Choc Rain F2 (both Eskobar tribute seeds.)

Black Lime Reserve brings some Lime flavours to its crosses, never tried the pure strain though. Did run some BLR/C99 freebies that were sour lime grapefruit though.

I see X18 is already on the list for Apple flavours. If anyone is looking for current stock there is a Tom Hill derived IBL available from TRSC with supposed apple/pear scents. Possibly popping some of these next grow. Only posting this as the thread gives Tom Hill X18 but anyone looking to grow the strain probably won't find original seeds anymore.

One strain that was truly an individual experience was Delicious Seeds Cheese Candy (now just called Delicious Candy I believe but this was a single freebie years back grown light-dep on my balcony...) While growing it had strong aromas of Marmite and Lavender. After dry and cure, smell was lemon/lavender. Butter and edibles made from the trim/popcorn STUNK of Lavender and Marmite, which I personally didn't like at all. The smoke however was caramel/lemon with a hint of lavender.

Lemon - SSH although soft, Lemon Tree was a sour sharp lemon, can find Lemon Candy/Gelatine like flavours in SSH/SLH crosses too.

Orange - Used to be some NYCD around that was more orange than grapefruit, still a bit of a sour orange though, was great.

Astringent/Chemical - Seem to find this all over, once had some ounces of some very good Amnesia Haze that was hairspray/floral soap/spice. Smoked Bubba OG that was astringent metallic and pine. Have tasted it faintly in some Silver Haze too that used to come from Canada.

Melon - One of my favourites, only smoked it in Cannalope Haze and Sourlope.

Sorry for the rambling... little trip down memory lane. Peace!