What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights types 1-11

Breadwizard

I'm sure not all of his information is the full story, just interesting to hear a take from one of the folks involved. It definitely sounded like his relationship was pretty informal with the whole situation.

purpleplayer007

my brother grew some nl seeds from his friend that brought them back from amsterdam. he only grew a few seeds but the rest were all textbook NL in taste and smell.....fat buds , fat leaves , plenty frost , even the males looked and smelled just like the females. He has about seven more seeds but he made alotta f2s.

would it be better to go through the f2s first for a BIGGER phenohunt or would i be better off growing the last of the original seeds to try to find a better mother/male to make more f2s with ? the seeds are supposed to be super stable so i im expecting the f2s to look close to the originals seeds.

he shoulda popped the whole pack at once but on flipside all the phenos he used for the f2s were real good and almost the exact same pheno

Happy Times

my brother grew some nl seeds from his friend that brought them back from amsterdam. he only grew a few seeds but the rest were all textbook NL in taste and smell.....fat buds , fat leaves , plenty frost , even the males looked and smelled just like the females. He has about seven more seeds but he made alotta f2s.

would it be better to go through the f2s first for a BIGGER phenohunt or would i be better off growing the last of the original seeds to try to find a better mother/male to make more f2s with ? the seeds are supposed to be super stable so i im expecting the f2s to look close to the originals seeds.

he shoulda popped the whole pack at once but on flipside all the phenos he used for the f2s were real good and almost the exact same pheno

I’d lean towards doing the last of the originals

but since it’s so stable maybe not too much of a difference?

Any idea what seedbank? Just curious

Amynamous

I would also like to point out two versions that are usually pushed aside just because of the ridiculous price, kcbrain nl special and nirvana nl, sometimes their stuff is special....

Does anyone know what lines make up KCBrain’s NL Special? KC is kind of vague in his description.

G

A mini mr nice ortega girl. fat main stem with minimal side branches under 50 days to reach maturity.
Click image for larger version  Name:	dave.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	17838378

sbeanonnamellow

Thanks for everyone adding to the discussion. It's helpful to read your comments.

dr feelz you rock, thats a frosty looking plant. What'd you think of her smell and/or taste wise? Effects? Appreciate any feedback

Royal Flush I like the look of the leaves on the NL #2 on the left side. Are they (the NL #2) different plants or different cuttings?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Thanks for everyone adding to the discussion. It's helpful to read your comments.

dr feelz you rock, thats a frosty looking plant. What'd you think of her smell and/or taste wise? Effects? Appreciate any feedback

Royal Flush I like the look of the leaves on the NL #2 on the left side. Are they (the NL #2) different plants or different cuttings?

Different NL#2 phenos

G

dr feelz you rock, thats a frosty looking plant. What'd you think of her smell and/or taste wise? Effects? Appreciate any feedback.

Smell wise when growing quite low in odour and when dry a soft rose scent but if squeezed quite strong, Hit is powerfull and instant in the head that leads to a very good all over body relaxing stone.
Taste when smoking is a bit like how turkish delight smells kinda sweet with flower backgrounds.
Bad points is she was tiny and took an age to veg even to make this small size virtually no stretch to her when flowered.

sbeanonnamellow

Different NL#2 phenos

Hey man howzit going! Todd recently released some NL lines I am sure you have heard of. NL5, NL2, and is supposedly going to realease purest indica which in the comments on his social media Greg (?) mentioned purest indica could also be called NL1.

Do your NL2 share relation with the stuff Todd recently released?

What do you think about the purest indica being called NL1? I am guessing it is sort of like how we have two colloquialisms for NL5. The one for Nevil and the one for the NL crew. Similarly, if they are saying purest indica could also be known as NL1 should we take that as purest indica being steve murphys afghan? And NL1 from Todd is whatever generation of that? While the NL1 we have talked about so much already is Steve Murphys Afghan (Purest Indica?) x Nevils Mazar?

That sounds so right, but at the same time feels confusing just writing it out. I need to pack a bowl and get some fresh air. Much love

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Hey man howzit going! Todd recently released some NL lines I am sure you have heard of. NL5, NL2, and is supposedly going to realease purest indica which in the comments on his social media Greg (?) mentioned purest indica could also be called NL1.

Do your NL2 share relation with the stuff Todd recently released?

What do you think about the purest indica being called NL1? I am guessing it is sort of like how we have two colloquialisms for NL5. The one for Nevil and the one for the NL crew. Similarly, if they are saying purest indica could also be known as NL1 should we take that as purest indica being steve murphys afghan? And NL1 from Todd is whatever generation of that? While the NL1 we have talked about so much already is Steve Murphys Afghan (Purest Indica?) x Nevils Mazar?

That sounds so right, but at the same time feels confusing just writing it out. I need to pack a bowl and get some fresh air. Much love

No, my NL#2 originates from Nevil's work via D.

Todds/Greg's "NL#2" looks like a re-creation (not original), I'm actually germinating his "NL#2" right now to see if my suspicion is correct.

I'm pretty sure Greg is trying to change NL#1 to it just being Steve Murphy's Afghan, it's to late now He already revealed NL#1 being Steve Murphy's Afghan × Nevil's Mazar I Sharif.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210913_124356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.0 KB ID:	17942815

The guy has alzheimers and is still holding a grudge against Nevil and Don (aka the indian), so take his stories with a grain of salt.

sbeanonnamellow

That's whatsup! I like how you investigate your suspicions of NL2 being a re-creation by throwing some beans in the dirt. Respect bro. I want to believe Todds release is from actual NL2 work from back in the day, but who knows. Hopefully with science we will be able to know more one of these days. The random seeds in the sisters freezer story is one for the ages, but at the same time stranger things have happened. I try not to take a firm stance because I wasn't there, and just go based on the things available to read online.

I did not take Greg's comment as trying to change what we have known as NL1 (Murphys Afghani x Nevils Mazar), I took it as the seeds being offered are Purest Indica which were the basis for the Northern Lites line. I can see the confusing statements and would like to ask him or Todd for clarification but I do not post on the social media like that. He posts here so maybe I will shoot him a PM! And for real, I hope you and/or some of the other members who are such cannabis historians would get together and publish a hardcover print with all the lineages of this stuff. That would be so cool to have as a reference in book format. Much love

Tynehead Tom

Anyone know whatever might have happened to Indian's Hashplant ?
I know it is a side track but I would like to know all there is to know about that plant, origins, make up, present day representations?

Tynehead Tom

RoyalFlush I do not know , I am just curious about that particular plant and will echo sbeanonnamellow's question regarding PNW and Champagne.... there was also the Lizard Hashplant that fits into these stories and that era.
Myself, I was introduced to growing in 89 and the plants were wide leaf thick stemmed afghan #1 and Purple Afghan. My mentor at the time was breeding his afghans with Hawaiian Kona Gold. Then came UBC Kimo. Then in mid 90's... probably about 96 , I was part of a group that was cash cropping the NL#5 , Blueberry (not DJ) and Hashplant. All three of these cuts originated in Oregon as far as I can trace them back. Not saying they came to be in Oregon, just saying they were'nt bred here in BC. Hashplant was held pretty close by the bikers and seemed to be grown more for personal or for club stash vs cash cropping. That was where the NL5 and the Blueberry came in as those were cash crop staples in BC until we started to see Big Bud, Juicy Fruit and then cam the OG Kush....... that puts me at the end of the 1990's and between 2000 and 2005 , Kush and Bubba Kush were dominating the scene here.
Not to muddy the waters of this thread but the PNW hashplants need a thread of their own.
I would like to know the history of the champagne, the lizard and what Bodhi calls PNW hashplant
All these plants travelled in "the pipeline" between the US and Canada back in those days including the narrowish leaf NL5. RoyalFlush has some pics that really take me back to those days in the 90's with the 5 light rooms full of NL5. Wasn't my favorite to smoke, I craved the hashplant personally..... and would love to know what happened to her as I just can't imagine a plant like that would go extinct despite the fact that she didn't yield like the cash cropper cuts did.