What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What were your best strains this year??

mexweed

Veteran
even though it wasn't the cherry diesel keeper pheno, Sub's stardawgXspace queen

zesty cherry slightly peppery/woody with a funky incensey finish, strong sativa punch

packerfan79

Veteran
Gelato I finished last month hands down, best strain of the year. Wedding cake, and LA kush cake will finish up the day after x-mas. So Gelato may lose its place.

These all came from the clone guy industries. I usually avoid clone vendors, but took a chance on these. I was quite impressed. No bugs no pm so far.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
melonaid zkittles - insane terps, reminds me of sour d but very watermelon tasting
silver haze - csg s1, pretty decent haze but leafy and no stretch
the melon - very tasty og kush hybrid
cake x gelato - crazy vigorous, big rockhard buds
animal face x kush mints - very good all round plant

those were the keepers from the last few years of the never ending pheno hunt

teide

Veteran
My favourite this year has been the good old amnesia x kali mist cross Y Griega. Surprised by the yield and potency for such a low maintenance grow.

highsteppa

Veteran
Bodhi time bandit grown outdoors. I'm definitely growing it again next year.

If you don’t mind, what latitude and finish date?

Some of the best this year were: mystery og x purple urkle csi freebie, grease monkey mob/freeze, purple punch and cherry pie. Lemon Thai cookie too. We’re all outdoor/gh

'Boogieman'

If you don’t mind, what latitude and finish date?

Some of the best this year were: mystery og x purple urkle csi freebie, grease monkey mob/freeze, purple punch and cherry pie. Lemon Thai cookie too. We’re all outdoor/gh

43° North by the great lakes.

I popped 3 and got two females, one finished early October and I believe to be 88g13hp dominant, the other finished October 8th and I believe is wifi dominant but with a hashplant like structure. Both have a funky, hashy, OG like smell and are potent.

teide

Veteran
Sorry, didn't take photos of that grow, but next time I sure will. It was the most potent plant I have ever grown, and the effect surprised me. A friend tried some nugs and was also amazed by the potency. Hard to accurately describe the appearance, it just looked like a typical hybrid. So my expectations were quite neutral before vaping it. It looked similar to the y griegas documented on growdiaries dot com

Red October

Sorry, didn't take photos of that grow, but next time I sure will. It was the most potent plant I have ever grown, and the effect surprised me. A friend tried some nugs and was also amazed by the potency. Hard to accurately describe the appearance, it just looked like a typical hybrid. So my expectations were quite neutral before vaping it. It looked similar to the y griegas documented on growdiaries dot com
many thanks Teide, reports seem mostly good and it definitely has my interest. It does look as you say typical hybrid.

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

My favourite has been Malawi x Panama from ACE

How was it? I really really really wanted to run the opposite (Panama x Malawi ) but they were sold out. I see they have it again.

How common were the shorter flowering phenos? I would really have to find something that was less then 70 days to make it realistic to run.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Not the best strain I grew, but definitely the most interesting - Dr.Grinspoon. Flowered the plant, it was a free seed, after 3 weeks of veg LST'd and it stretched to over 6'. Had it bent down and running against the back wall of the flowering room. Took 17 weeks to flower. Wispy, airy flowers - but a lot of them - and the thing hermed to boot. It looked like homegrown.

The starting smoke was unusually smooth with a piercing stone. As it cured, the flavor became more complex, the smoke itself was more dense, and the stone stretched to the entire body instead of being a head high.

I've looked at other people's plants and this strain seems to be pretty unstable. Coupled with the long flowering time, I can't recommend it. However, if you get a free seed and don't mind the wait, it's surely a change of pace.

Simon