What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cindy 99 and friends.

eyesdownchronic

Welcome fellow gromies.

Inspired by LT's C99 thread, I'll working through some C99 gear plus some other "older" sativas. plus

c99 f4 and the c99 x ssgh (c99 bc1 over SSH using two diff cuts.) should be the closest representations the cindy. Looking for the iron cindy to be another standout. LT cast some doubt on the authenticity of the princess and c99 being used by duke diamond. This is unfortunate, but I still wannarun through to see. both dd crosses had me very excited. the helena especially seemed pretty intriguing; more or less a remade P.50 using a different afghan/skunk male. heres the description from dominion (duke diamond)

picture.php

even if the princess isnt the real deal, the male of the cross makes it somewhat worthwhile.

after that the run has the durban poison from AK bean brains. ive got some very fond memories of smoking on some durban when i was younger, so ive definetly got my eyes on this one. looking for some herb that puts a stupid grin on your face. not sure what exactly to expect from this nl5 haze f4 but we'll see.

also threw in TGA subcool gear for subcool (RIP). the JTR was supposed to be his own "holy grail sativa" of weed. so it will be interesting to run them side by side. iirc i saw somewhere that he had intended on crossing the c99 with the jtr, but im not sure if he did.

the queen annes revenge should also be killer plus has some cindy ancestry being a cross between the bloodwreck (mother of the chernobyl) x space queen .

Everything will be in pretty standard conditions.

-lighting 240w qb led

-90% 10% coco vermiculite mix
-pH 5.9-6.2 Ec 1-1.2 due to sativa nature of the genetics. trying out the bill farthing recipe using jacks as base.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

havent had much to report back with. verything started out very slowly. as stated, plants are under white led, with environmentals initally at temps of mid 70f and RH low 70 to high 60's. plants grew very slowly with terrible internodal lenggth. so, light intensity got jacked up and the deum. got tossed in which brought the temps up to the low 80's and RH down to 55-60%. plants responded very positively and have definetly picked up speed, although the damage was done with that early internodal length.

also implemented OGBW and after about a week most plants were showing plenty of new perky bright white hairy roots.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

KOS C99 f4 showing some early variation.

two apparent phenotype sets (a and b, a makes up a large majority) with quite a bit of variation in each.

first plant from phenoset a) is a relatively very strong structured/ high vigor plant with early upright nature. leaf morphology is categorized by an interesting asymmetrical nature, where one leaf on a set of alternating leaves will have a "bunny ear appearance," the mid blade leaflet and the leaflet directly to the left are larger and form a tight angle, while the right hand leaflet is smaller and at a much wider angle. the rest of the phenoset a) is similar to the first plant but with progressively lower vigor and weaker stems.
phenoset b) is categorized by much lusher lighter green growth with explosive side branching and heavily serrated leaves. plants are viney as can be and lay out on the ground like a tomato would. reminiscent of apollo x's ive had so im guessing this phenoset is a result of some heavy latent genuis genes coming out.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

Iron Cindy f2 also has lots of variation that is a bit more difficult to categorize as of now. also, at first glance seems to have very little in common with the C99 f4, but at a closer look, some of plants have the characteristic "bunny ear" appearance from phenotype set a of the C99 but expressed to a lesser degree. also somewhat surprised that as a whole the Iron Cindy line seems smaller and slower growing than the C99 line.

eyesdownchronic

keeping a close eye on the C99 x SSGH and Helena from Duke Diamond. Whenever older more "legendary" genetics are claimed to be used, there is always some shadow of a doubt on the authenticity. Lost Tribe also seemed to have a quite outspoken opinion on the legitimacy of the C99 and "Princess" used. But, I still like to run things out and let the genetics in the seeds speak for themselves.

just like the iron cindy f2, the C99 x SSgh (c99 x (c99 x ssh) ) , which i will begin referring to as the SCG, (silver cindy grail) seems to have little in common with the C99 f4 from Kos. which atfirst was somewhat saddening. but when compared directly to the iron cindy f2 (both c99 x haze crosses) some of the phenotypes have eerily identical growth and leaf morphology. if one were to say that some of the plants are from the same seedline, not a single person would bat an eye. I can't speak to what duke diamond used to make theese crosses, or what rev from KOS used, but it so happens that whatever the two of them used spit out phenos that are near identical, so that is promising for now.

the SCG is also much sturdier and strong growing as described by duke diamond.

the helena (princess x skelly skunk) is a whole different beast. plants are just bigger thicker, sturdier, with darker green more compact growth. most plants have the muted "bunny ear" leaf trait, so that is heartening as well.

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

From four Queens Anne Revenge (BloodWreck x Space Queen) from TGA, two are stronger growing and two are more runty. Of the two more vigorous, 1 has extreme apical dominance, big leaves, and a real fat main stem. Kinda flopping over. Im thinking this one leans to the Blood Wreck. The other is more squat with thinner leaves and stronger side branching, more viney?. Still has fairly strong apical dominance compared to other plants in the run though. Thinking this one is a Space Queen leaner.
The two runtier plants seem to be more similar to the S.Q. leaner, albeit half the size.

eyesdownchronic

The JAck the Ripper's from TGA seem to have randomly distributed traits. Not really able to differentiate pheno sets.

Here's one that is the biggest.

think it is largely dominated by the Jack's Cleaner. there is a tiny shoot growing out of the center of one of the leaves. ive had ogkb heavy crosses put out a leaf blade, but i've never seen a shoot before.

here's another JTR which is similarly structured but with broader leaves

i think this final one might lean to the space queen

shes a bit shorter with floppier branchier growth.

Happy Times

also somewhat surprised that as a whole the Iron Cindy line seems smaller and slower growing than the C99 line.

Yeah that’s definitely surprising, I’d think with the Rusty Haze it would be stretchier and lankier

I’m a big Iron Cindy fan, hope you get some good ones!!

eyesdownchronic

Yeah that’s definitely surprising, I’d think with the Rusty Haze it would be stretchier and lankier

I’m a big Iron Cindy fan, hope you get some good ones!!

i think you are right...
im gonna have to go back an ammend my previous statement. now that plants have grown up id say the iron cindys are larger / more vigorous as a whole. a couple of the C99f4 are large and strong, but the majority are weak runty things. Iron cindy is flipped the other way, a couple are weak cindy looking plants, but most are fairly strong growing larger plants. I think the very large C99's threw me off at first.

big ass cindy, its a male too.

picture.php

Happy Times

i think you are right...
im gonna have to go back an ammend my previous statement. now that plants have grown up id say the iron cindys are larger / more vigorous as a whole. a couple of the C99f4 are large and strong, but the majority are weak runty things. Iron cindy is flipped the other way, a couple are weak cindy looking plants, but most are fairly strong growing larger plants. I think the very large C99's threw me off at first.

View Image

Yeah things can definitely change over a few weeks, will be neat to see what happens still moving forward

Some fat leaves on that Cindy!

eyesdownchronic

Time for everybody to pack up and get into flower.
Guess what that means?

more seeds!
gonna be dropping more sativaish stuff with an emphasis on lemon terps. we gettin lemony in here

Looking for SLH f5 from Ethos, Bodhi's Lemon Pen. (lemon diesel "lemon tree" x snow lotus) and the TGA Jack's Cleaner 2 (JC bc1) to be the standout lemon terp strains.
GTE from useful is a cross between (lemon thai x apollo 11g) i believe so that should be some good breeding material. Definitely excited to see what the Chocoloate trip brings to the table as well.
Besides that, the Purple LAzerlizte is supposed a killer "purple haze" type with floral grape flavors. Never grown a "purple haze" before so we shall see.

Finally we just got in a random toss in of the White Grapes from Hazeman. pretty much a 98 aloha white widow bc1 over the grapestomper. Even GGG said that the HAzeman GSAWW male was good, and if GGG is willing to admit that someone did good work with their genetics, well then that shit must be godly. Thinking i might be able to make some interesting crosses between the 98 AWW bc1 and the SLH or something.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
i think you are right...

View Image

Sadly I don't see either Cindy or Iron Haze in that plant. Looks mostly Indica. C99 has distinct leaf patterns not like this. Haze would be much narrower.

eyesdownchronic

Sadly I don't see either Cindy or Iron Haze in that plant. Looks mostly Indica. C99 has distinct leaf patterns not like this. Haze would be much narrower.

hey Lost Tribe!

I'm glad you stopped by.

The pic referenced is actually a KOS Cindy 99 f4. And that plant is most definitely an outlier. really just showed the pic because the plant threw me off at first hahah.

here are some plants which seemed more common

picture.php

pplant on the left has very thin serrated leaves, one on the right is somewhat broader leaved, but has a similar low vigor and weak stems.

here is another shot from a plant with weird leaf morphology. (what i referred to earlier as bunny ear)
picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The JAck the Ripper's from TGA seem to have randomly distributed traits. Not really able to differentiate pheno sets.

Here's one that is the biggest.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2107698&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
think it is largely dominated by the Jack's Cleaner. there is a tiny shoot growing out of the center of one of the leaves. ive had ogkb heavy crosses put out a leaf blade, but i've never seen a shoot before.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2107697&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

here's another JTR which is similarly structured but with broader leaves

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2107699&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

i think this final one might lean to the space queen

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2107700&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
shes a bit shorter with floppier branchier growth.
:)

eyesdownchronic

hey star crash :wave:
thanks for stopping in.

im keeping the JTR and a couple others behind to veg for a bit longer, wanting to do a thorough seeding.

thinking maybe JTR x Iron cindy could be a good cross. bringing more beef and potency to the JTR, and more terps to the IC.

im just jealous of the C5 mango's you got...

eyesdownchronic

compact durban, seems like the standard type of plant from the line leaves are fairly slender.

slightly stretchier durban, more slender leaves

has that kinda ugly look where the top growth is curled down

eyesdownchronic

KOS C99 f4

larger female 1

kinda smells like zesty orange right now, nt far off from the tangie.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

larger female 2

less aromatic, more savory? if you will. not as defined.

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts