What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was the early 90's light-neon green humboldt strain?

johnnybhang

are you sure it wasn't just the first time you saw indoor? I remember the first time I saw indoor "hydro" I described it as neon. nuclear 19

That may be true on the indoor, I've never seen that light of green color since which makes it even more intriguing. It was so fluorescent it looked painted.

johnnybhang

Found what looks to be a pretty close color to what I remember. This is a florida og from dna. It was posted up on a florida crippy thread on here. It seems more then likely whatever it was came from Florida to California in the 90's, and then vanished about the same time on both coasts.
picture.php

G13Fan

1 bud of kryptonite in a bag people could smell it 100 feet away . As soon as I walk in the door all eyes on me . Where did it go...all stinky weed like I remember is extinct .

highsteppa

Veteran
I’ll add another mention for northern lights. The NL flower we started getting 93 had that look as does the old NL cut we still grow locally.

mark3513

Really it was the color that stood out, to this day none of the bud I see in dispensaries has that crazy neon green look. I makes me wonder if it was possible it may have been dyed somehow though i doubt that.
Probably northern lights#5 x Neville's haze
NL#5xhaze
We used to call it hydro swami seeds or Mr nice seeds are supposed to have it neon green with a distinct earthy taste
This might be it or it could be g13

kro-magnon

Veteran
Found what looks to be a pretty close color to what I remember. This is a florida og from dna. It was posted up on a florida crippy thread on here. It seems more then likely whatever it was came from Florida to California in the 90's, and then vanished about the same time on both coasts.
picture.php
There is many plants who have this specific green, in the 90's many Skunk hybrids were looking like this.

mark3513

I can't let this go. I'm going to have to try some of these. Very well could be skunk1, Master kush, nl5 x haze, g13, nl. All these strains look alike. Last four days I've been looking the stuff I'm thinking about came out in 91 I know that for sure I remember a TV show we watched and the first time we got it. It was brick weed til then and what ever strain it was made an impression. I bought some nl5xhaze gonna try that and maybe some Master kushxskunk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131-083554.png
    Screenshot_20240131-083554.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20240131-083838.png
    Screenshot_20240131-083838.png
    848.1 KB · Views: 28

mark3513

I'm not trying to promote anything but putting those pictures up. Just trying to find some seeds with those genetics. I bought one pack gonna get a couple more from that time and run them my next grow probably skunk and master kush