Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

    Realized that even after 30+ years of growing I have never run pure breeds of 2 of the most infamous classic strains: White Widow and Skunk (or Skunk #1?). I feel so inadequate.



    Thought I'd ask others what brand/who's breed of these 2 classic strains they would recommend? Who would folks recommend as being excellent reps of these 2 strains.


    Thanks!
    Wanna see the original seed catalogs which started the revolution?
    Check out my album at https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=353380

    #2
    For skunk I'd day either Alladins Skunk from khalifa genetics which is supposedly derrived from old sweet skunk 1 seeds that were in europe.

    Or if you don't mind waiting a month or two get in on
    Todd McCormick's skunk #1 reproduction pre order which is currently underway.

    His reproduction is from seeds given to Mel Frank in 88 by the skunkman, Mel did a repro of seeds in 1996 from those then gave the 96 seeds to Todd to do a repro again.

    Todd had a 50% off sale the other day, I scooped a pre order 10 pack of his skunk for just $25. Sign up for the email he's always offering deals.

    As for white widow if I were to buy one I'd go for Me Nice black widow. Why mess around with anything else.

    Comment


      #3
      I know it’s not pure, but this femaleseeds white widow x big bud I’m toking is going down a treat
      "read the directions, even if you dont follow them.."

      https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

      “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
      - Ferris Bueller


      Originally posted by Harry Lime

      Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.

      Comment


        #4
        Personally I'd get Beanhoarders Black Widow which is already split into phenotypes ('classic' may be what you're after), or Joey Weed's White Widow... both are supposed to be the old school version of the strain.

        The skunk I do not have much knowledge about.

        Comment


          #5
          Seedsman white widow or WLabel.
          Skunk1 sensi or TFD.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by TakenByTheSky View Post
            For skunk I'd day either Alladins Skunk from khalifa genetics which is supposedly derrived from old sweet skunk 1 seeds that were in europe.
            And Dutch passion, sensi, flying Dutchman,.... No have the skunk or ww now, all fakes
            Or if you don't mind waiting a month or two get in on
            Todd McCormick's skunk #1 reproduction pre order which is currently underway.

            His reproduction is from seeds given to Mel Frank in 88 by the skunkman, Mel did a repro of seeds in 1996 from those then gave the 96 seeds to Todd to do a repro again.

            Todd had a 50% off sale the other day, I scooped a pre order 10 pack of his skunk for just $25. Sign up for the email he's always offering deals.

            As for white widow if I were to buy one I'd go for Me Nice black widow. Why mess around with anything else.
            Todd skunk isn't the real skunk 1, and the sweet skunk isn't skunk

            Flying Dutchman, dutch passion, sensi,.... They haven't this strains now, are all fakes and nothing good now
            Last edited by Greatdalas; 10-12-2020, 09:23.

            Comment


              #7
              dutchpassion: wwidow, skunks

              sensi: skunk1, superskunk
              haze flow

              alles masafaka fick dich

              Comment


                #8
                Skunk is Mex/Columbian x Afghan....So it can be fruty,sweet,catpissy and acrid....
                I think that skunk found its name in catpiss overtone in skunk phenos rather then.
                Afghan/skunk acrid,sour smell.

                I found in skunk smells from some kind of half haze smell fruty,earthy....to burnt rubber,acrid...and creamy sweet lemon....
                Skunk and every other strain are not standarised so my skunk1 can be very different than your skunk 1.
                Dutch breeders sell skunk when you were playing on kids playground.
                Just my 2 cents.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by CANNATORIUM View Post
                  Skunk is Mex/Columbian x Afghan....So it can be fruty,sweet,catpissy and acrid....
                  I think that skunk found its name in catpiss overtone in skunk phenos rather then.
                  Afghan/skunk acrid,sour smell.

                  I found in skunk smells from some kind of half haze smell fruty,earthy....to burnt rubber,acrid...and creamy sweet lemon....
                  Skunk and every other strain are not standarised so my skunk1 can be very different than your skunk 1.
                  Dutch breeders sell skunk when you were playing on kids playground.
                  Just my 2 cents.
                  The old skunk #1 is very stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced everything at once, if you never smoke one old skunk #1 or rks you won't know what I'm talking about
                  This catpiss come from the nl5 haze mom of sweet skunk and nothing skunk in sweet skunk is other different strain
                  The actual skunk in the 99,9% of seeds is sweet /spiced(no skunk)
                  The uk cheese is simillar but is one selection of skunk #1 more spiced/earthy, very good
                  Last edited by Greatdalas; 10-12-2020, 12:26. Reason: The uk cheese is simillar but is one selection of skunk #1 more spiced/earthy, very good

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Sensi superskunk is still good and so is their skunk#1. Cheap too

                    Comment


                      #11
                      i almost forgot,

                      royal queens seeds special queen also quite good example and bit different phenos than typical skunk1 or ss


                      haze flow

                      alles masafaka fick dich

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by OldSSSCGuy View Post
                        Realized that even after 30+ years of growing I have never run pure breeds of 2 of the most infamous classic strains: White Widow and Skunk (or Skunk #1?). I feel so inadequate.



                        Thought I'd ask others what brand/who's breed of these 2 classic strains they would recommend? Who would folks recommend as being excellent reps of these 2 strains.


                        Thanks!
                        Orig white widow and rhino were superb examples of wrap around your head stoniness I haven't tasted or felt since jerry was alive
                        I eat legos

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Greatdalas View Post
                          The old skunk #1 is very stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced everything at once, if you never smoke one old skunk #1 or rks you won't know what I'm talking about
                          This catpiss come from the nl5 haze mom of sweet skunk and nothing skunk in sweet skunk is other different strain
                          The actual skunk in the 99,9% of seeds is sweet /spiced(no skunk)
                          The uk cheese is simillar but is one selection of skunk #1 more spiced/earthy, very good
                          So it can be fruty=stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced...i know that phenos with read hears.

                          that Cheese is Sk1 i dont belive in that story....to my knowladge and epirience i had growing plants you can find cheese in afhan/skunk seeds.
                          Shiva skunk,super skunk....but in Sk 1 i never had that pheno not even close....

                          Skunk 1 have 3 phenos what i know
                          That fruty spicy earthy catpiss but little in background.

                          Lemony sweet...and variations with spice or creme or both..

                          And last one is shortest one rubber,onions...but not in nasty way like afghan/kush x skunk.

                          That is what i know.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            No personal experience but the following come to mind, some already mentioned

                            WW: White Label, Green House. Always thought it was interesting how Beanhoarder has the different phenos of WW

                            Skunk: the Flying Dutchmen- the Pure. Sensi or White Label? And it’s a hybrid but Real McCoy.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Shit by Mr nice made by Sam skunkman and black widow go to auctions

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X