What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Road Kill Skunk (Blueskiesvienna)

acespicoli

Phyto Details
Plants with a THC/CBD ratio <7; terpenoid profile includes sesquiterpene alcohols, fresh aroma often acrid or “skunky.” Plants < 2 m tall in good habitats,
Also noteworthy
Skunk plants were notoriously susceptible to Bud rot
(also known as gray mold or botrytis) is one of the most devastating fungal diseases to hit marijuana crops.
It thrives in cool temperate climates where a high level of humidity is present.
A quick look at satellite maps of China
North of the Himalayas you will see a large desert area
Hotan area of china north to Xinjiang (Very dry climate im sure)
Probable that this is the origin of skunk plants ?
I always found the roadkill everyone refers to, to be more of a
musky, garlic, body odor, sweet smell of rot,

indescribable haze spice with the skunk ass the funk on top
something the flies would likely find attractive in the desert
my Chinese is not fluent enough to attempt it but
maybe someone will travel in and get some more china genetics like Yunnan
Cultivators Choice
Base Genetic Library

Acapulco Gold
Afghani #1
Early Girl
Indi-Sat
Mazari-Afghani
Orange
Original Haze
Skunk #1
Skunk #1 x South African
South African

Seems to me that mandel genetics would show that the 1/3 indica skunky would be less dominate in a 3/3 mix

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Who picked up the Todd McCormick roadkill ? That shit sold out fast! Maybe their still are a few? I Got an email from him the other day

Did you guys follow irrazinig on Instagram ? That tour book Durand line project 2020 is a gem it went for 1 k but it's a nice book with pictures drand line project 2020 1k yea because it has 12 seed packs from the 10 farms that were visited and their ways of farming were documented their sold out but maybe just maybe some one does not pay ?
I'm sure someone will release these lines as the 50 books and seed packs were released to famous breeders and I guess anyone with 1000 that should be enough to show your serious about breeding and putting the modern day Afghanistan out for sale or gift or to make new hybrids or line breed as theirs no " limit" on the seeds other than don't be a stingy greedy seed hoarder and the 1k entry point

Why is this important? A pungent Roadkill rotten meat smell in two of those 12 Afghanistan lines the red Kandahar and black Kandahar from maruf Afghanistan are described as being that famous roadkill with rotting protein and sulphur dioxide
They don't seem it's roadkill but do say pungent rotting flesh lol weeds a trip man and people who like these crazy smells even trippier
It's only a matter of time before new stuff and maybe just maybe these "new" different and "old school" Afghanistan seed lines show up and or get rebranded and renamed as the latest and greatest indica or hybridfrom unknown origins.... Supposed bagseed breeders that are just plain lying who knows maybe it's from a secret usa government mind control research lab lol

Those were a flop too

0 road kill

Golden Tree

Who picked up the Todd McCormick roadkill ? That shit sold out fast! Maybe their still are a few? I Got an email from him the other day

Did you guys follow irrazinig on Instagram ? That tour book Durand line project 2020 is a gem it went for 1 k but it's a nice book with pictures drand line project 2020 1k yea because it has 12 seed packs from the 10 farms that were visited and their ways of farming were documented their sold out but maybe just maybe some one does not pay ?
I'm sure someone will release these lines as the 50 books and seed packs were released to famous breeders and I guess anyone with 1000 that should be enough to show your serious about breeding and putting the modern day Afghanistan out for sale or gift or to make new hybrids or line breed as theirs no " limit" on the seeds other than don't be a stingy greedy seed hoarder and the 1k entry point

Why is this important? A pungent Roadkill rotten meat smell in two of those 12 Afghanistan lines the red Kandahar and black Kandahar from maruf Afghanistan are described as being that famous roadkill with rotting protein and sulphur dioxide
They don't seem it's roadkill but do say pungent rotting flesh lol weeds a trip man and people who like these crazy smells even trippier
It's only a matter of time before new stuff and maybe just maybe these "new" different and "old school" Afghanistan seed lines show up and or get rebranded and renamed as the latest and greatest indica or hybridfrom unknown origins.... Supposed bagseed breeders that are just plain lying who knows maybe it's from a secret usa government mind control research lab lol

Todd made the F2s of Heime Cheebas original RKS!

was definitely a very special line! No RKS but some nice oldschool acrid Skunk work!

we were lucky enough (my partner) to pick up some of Heimes work a few years ago before it started selling for 500 USD a pack!

we just germinated Heimes RKS, PEPE, CATPISS X GHOST OG and LANDRACE AFGHANI

will keep you posted

blessings

browntrout

Veteran
Someone head to pinchgut, NS and see if the old Pinchgut poison is still around. Pure skunk and nothing but, bud, joint, smoke everything about it reeks.

That foul dirty astringent skunk spray, and pure skunk taste. Red eyed and blasted, completely dazed yet clear in some ways.

She looked more sativa with great resin coverage. This was 2011-2012. In my younger days when it wasn’t all that rare to see something with a bit of skunk now and then.I was looking for the fruity/savoury combinations. Now the skunk seems almost completely devoid in the market.

The cannacopia RKS x DC outdoors, was pretty skunky thick smoke as far as skunk dominant strains go, but nothing compared to the PP.

Mimpi Manis

4Growposted:
The whole Durand Line Project book is online now:

https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/projects/durandlineproject_2020/

Outstandingly interesting link my friend. Very comprehensive and illuminating article. Those guys
have done some stellar work seeing those strains get preserved. The generosity and skills of the Afghani
farmers ought to be noted. These are tough dedicated people no question. You have to assume the seed
collectors here must have taken some risks also. Accolades all round.

...CR500AF...

We had a dog that would bring one home every day or two (as well as porcupines) that got old fast il tell ya lol.
My friends and i have had the real deal once maybe twice as youngsters, miss it a lot there is one thing for sure after smoking it SK1 YOU will never forget it...:biggrin:

Last edited:
We had a dog that would bring one home every day or two (as well as porcupines) that got old fast il tell ya lol.
My friends and i have had the real deal once maybe twice as youngsters, miss it a lot there is one thing for sure after smoking it SK1 YOU will never forget it...:biggrin:

What do you remember the high being like?

therevverend

Veteran
As has been pointed out many times here, people from the Old World don't know what a roadkill skunk smells like. I don't see anyone in Europe claiming their strain smells like rancid polecat. I've contacted Ken Shabby for some seeds but he hasn't gotten back to me.[video]https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/f4587f5a-c4ed-4973-9e43-6854cff13b54[/video]

The Durand Line stuff that smells like 'rotten meat' has potential I guess. I'm more interested it as a pure hashmaking line and for crossbreeding. They have a theory that the smell is an adaptation that attracts pollinators like corpse beetles and blow flies but of course this is silly. Cannabis is wind pollinated long before the terpenes reach the super stinky phase. Likely a bullshit story made up by the farmers themselves for their amusement, farmers out here make up the same sort of shit.

I notice in my legal city when I'm driving around the industrial part of town, sometimes I'll smell a warehouse crop that smells like skunk. Why is it that someone's ripe crop smells so skunk like but the individual plants don't? I don't think the real roadkill smell was ever very common. I'm guessing that most of us smelled it coming from a bag of ganja less then a dozen times, maybe only 2 or 3 times with that perfect smell. Always in the back seat of a car it seemed like. It also depends on who's growing it, how it's cured and handled. A mediocre grower couldn't pull it off, use the right nutrients, harvest it and cure it properly. Back in the day there was a lot more wet, uncured flower that tended to retain more skunky odors. That would multiply sealed in a bag. This could account for part of the difficulty achieving the smell, no one accepts wet stuff these days.

audioaddict

As has been pointed out many times here, people from the Old World don't know what a roadkill skunk smells like.

That isn't to say RKS has never been here..

I would imagine if RKS was found in europe back in the day, it will have been given a different name, as you say we don't have skunks running around over here, so most of us don't understand the reference too well (I have been smoking and growing for decades, I only found out for certain today, whilst discussing this topic elsewhere, that skunk weed does smell like a skunk, literally... I always just though it was an implication of the smells potency, not a literal reference! A lot of ppl in europe think this way!)

I guess the smell comes from glands secreting some shit that is unique to skunks, so a dead polecat would't smell the same!

I would imagine the name would reference something much diferent.

I dunno, personally I think the only way to recreate such terp profiles, would be to start from scratch and work with landraces, rather than trying to reverse engineer bottlenecked seed stock from yesteryear.

Oh yeah, BSV is a scammer, for sure.

Greatdalas

To be honest in Europe since the mid 90's we have American skunks, raccoons, nutria , and a long line of animals from other countries ....

And roadkill skunk too
IMG_20210803_205935_649.jpg
IMG_20210727_202526_870.jpg
IMG_20210731_234256_188.jpg
IMG_20210803_210329_800.jpg

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ive got the sheff blues and the exodus clone but always wondered how the real deal rks tastes in comparison ....

id love to put the rks nxt to my sheff and exo flowers just to see the diff....

but personally i still rate the exodus and sheff as the best skunk1 clones of that era ... phenominal complexity in terp profiles.....

on a side note im sure the rks and exo and sheff all came out of 80s sk#1 batch of seeds

Sunshineinabag

Someone head to pinchgut, NS and see if the old Pinchgut poison is still around. Pure skunk and nothing but, bud, joint, smoke everything about it reeks.

That foul dirty astringent skunk spray, and pure skunk taste. Red eyed and blasted, completely dazed yet clear in some ways.

She looked more sativa with great resin coverage. This was 2011-2012. In my younger days when it wasn’t all that rare to see something with a bit of skunk now and then.I was looking for the fruity/savoury combinations. Now the skunk seems almost completely devoid in the market.

The cannacopia RKS x DC outdoors, was pretty skunky thick smoke as far as skunk dominant strains go, but nothing compared to the PP.

LEO used to look for skunk smells up here...seriously....sad when a great thing or terpine comes around and it's specialty attracts unwanted attention. Bums me out:petting:

Greatdalas

ive got the sheff blues and the exodus clone but always wondered how the real deal rks tastes in comparison ....

id love to put the rks nxt to my sheff and exo flowers just to see the diff....

but personally i still rate the exodus and sheff as the best skunk1 clones of that era ... phenominal complexity in terp profiles.....

on a side note im sure the rks and exo and sheff all came out of 80s sk#1 batch of seeds

Rks is too more strong taste and skunky smell than exodus, exodus is fruity and rks more skunky strong with more aftertaste and more strong efect you can eat all food fridge with rks :biglaugh: