What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watermelon kush?

Anyone with half a brain can see your full of shit

you saying that where you grow cannabis can affect long term expressions within it as far as terpene profiles is asinine.
It can locally affect the result, but 100% not in the ways you claim.

You obviously need to go back to school and take some plant biology classes bro, apparently you're full of shit with your bullshit story. All I've done is provide evidence of my breeding work :good:

Last edited:
Can you explain how this is done?

Simple answer: Selective breeding.

A few of the Watermelon IBL phenos we gave to a friend for testing (he has a mini amateur home lab)

2 phenos tested high in CBD around 15-20% range. I want to try making a 1:1 by back-crossing the original watermelon kush with the CBD phenos, we plan on homogenizing the CBD phenos first to create a stable F1 hybrid.

We also have non-patented CBG breeding stock we plan on hybridizing with the watermelon ibl.

:plant grow:

So it's been inbred to breed true for both high CBD and high THC? How's that work?

You can inbreed a plant and still preserve the chemotypic diversity.
Technically, anything past F5+ in my eyes is considered inbred.
Or you can self a plant but selfing will lead to a lack of chemotypic diversity.

TPFTFW

Veteran
You obviously need to go back to school and take some plant biology classes bro, apparently you're full of shit with your bullshit story. All I've done is provide evidence of my breeding work :good:

what evidence?
You’ve posted one photo of an outdoor plant?
You routinely say you only have an S1 of the watermelon kush, yet you bred it and have seed stock?

you then go on to say your using the original watermelon kush after you say you only have an S1..

you’ve spun yourself into quite a pickle of a web of deception.

not to mention you literally say cannabis near a field of strawberries then went on to permanently alter the genetic expression of that plant?

looks like you need to understand what terroir means.. as it’s not a “get out of jail free” for intelligible statements.

soil and environment can affect expressions in subtle ways, but plants do not genetically “chameleon” other plants in their vicinity

Last edited:
what evidence?
You’ve posted one photo of an outdoor plant?
You routinely say you only have an S1 of the watermelon kush, yet you bred it and have seed stock?

you then go on to say your using the original watermelon kush after you say you only have an S1..

you’ve spun yourself into quite a pickle of a web of deception.

not to mention you literally cannabis near a field of strawberries then went on to permanently alter the genetic expression of that plant?

looks like you need to understand what terroir means.. as it’s not a “get out of jail free” for intelligible statements.

soil and environment can affect expressions in subtle ways, but plants do not genetically “chameleon” other plants in their vicinity

Thats the sole definition of terrior influence.... lmfao

"Terroir is a French term used to describe the environmental factors that affect a crop's phenotype, including unique environment contexts, farming practices and a crop's specific growth habitat. Collectively, these contextual characteristics are said to have a character; terroir also refers to this character."

Do you not know what selfing a plant is? it takes the original cutting to create a s1 cross... smh

TPFTFW

Veteran
NUANCED FLAVOR PROFILES

AND NOT GENETICALLY ALTERING AN EXISTING PLANTS PHYSICAL EXPRESSIONS TO EVEN OPERATE AS SUCH WHEN IN ANOTHER ENVIRONMENT

what you say you’ve done is complete rubbish, bullshit, and without a doubt factually false.

And PS: shiloh has never gotten beans from you

This is now just fun for me btw
Your argument is literally a joke

Last edited:
How do you think cannabis developed its flavor profile? solely by genetic inheritance and selective breeding?
There is this thing called pheno-typic plasticity.

I feel like google could be your friend ~

Also I must mention that you can't re-create my terrior, because I breed more than just cannabis in my garden alongside my cannabis, this is called polyculture.

TPFTFW

Veteran
the writing is on the wall

the only people your fooling are those who don’t know any better

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Who's neil smith?

Hashman, post some pics of this elusive watermelon you made, that would help.

I mean this is getting a little out on the tiles.

I have grown seeds from one strain in with a basil garden for like a decade and the results don't smell or taste like basil..

It is sad to me that scientific plant breeding seems to be a thing of the past.

Also I would consider an IBL an IBL (which is a stupid term invented by the canna community) when the resulting progeny shows little phenotypical variance, not by generation. Someone could cross until they are blue in the face until F39 doesn't mean shit, if the results are willie nillie..