What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watermelon kush?

T

TakenByTheSky

I have no idea what it is. I've been out of the loop for a few years didnt even hear of this one until I got it. Not many ppl have this one.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you think made watermelon zkittlez?
Adonai was bred in 2002 and was given to Kyle kush man and others who spread it around.. it’s pure watermelon terps and is a kush/OG/SSH/sweetooth type hybrid

That’s cool you think I’m making it up but I’m trying to tell u what’s likely true..

u do u

also I ran this cut about 6 years ago.. same group of friends as cannarado..

and from pictures I’ve seen of the Adonai... yes watermelom kush a pheno or hybrid of Adonai

This is sounding very interesting. I am smoking on some awesome watermelon extract right now. Like I don't want to put the vape down. Really want this cut. Thanks for relaying info.

Bud Jones

Just snagged a pack of Watermelon Skittles and Watermelon Diesel... We shall see .. I’ll post when I pop them ..

T

TakenByTheSky

I've had this cut for like 5 months and still haven't flowered it out yet. Hoping to get to it soon.

Watermelon is unavailable to the public, it was bred near the VT/MA border. The genetics lineage hasn't been released to the public, the only people who have it right now have it from bagseed. We're hoping to get licensed over here in VT before we release it to the public, you can check seeedfinder for more info on our genetics

capnCõno

That’s bullshit those Vermont guys and there fairy tales are a Fukin joke ... it is an old cut that’s been around for decades ... it’s well documented in an old book aswell think it was dank sumthin... this was even more ridiculous the the strawberry Fields/cough bullshit go read the shit on seedfind er .... it was grown in a field with grapes strawberries and blackberries to give it a fruity flavor or diverse profile rotfflmao as soon as ya see some dumb shit like that everything else said after is tossed in the garbage just to be recycled and spewed out a few years later they really need to come up with a better tale to tell by now... I’m sure hella ppl trying to use watermelon as a sales pitch recently but the old clone came from subcools first accidental breeding project up in Canada been around for hella years now can’t remember any more details atm but the lineage is known and out there the cut is still alive and well just extremely hoarded now but wasn’t way back in the day...... think I remember Ortega possibly being part of it????

Now what’s in watermelon zkittlez and these other new lines is The adoni different plant also has strong melon flavor but not as thick of taste as the subcool cut which like almost all his work is mostly focused on flavor but the adoni is stronger weed and has a strong kush high...

That’s bullshit those Vermont guys and there fairy tales are a Fukin joke ... it is an old cut that’s been around for decades ... it’s well documented in an old book aswell think it was dank sumthin... this was even more ridiculous the the strawberry Fields/cough bullshit go read the shit on seedfind er .... it was grown in a field with grapes strawberries and blackberries to give it a fruity flavor or diverse profile rotfflmao as soon as ya see some dumb shit like that everything else said after is tossed in the garbage just to be recycled and spewed out a few years later they really need to come up with a better tale to tell by now... I’m sure hella ppl trying to use watermelon as a sales pitch recently but the old clone came from subcools first accidental breeding project up in Canada been around for hella years now can’t remember any more details atm but the lineage is known and out there the cut is still alive and well just extremely hoarded now but wasn’t way back in the day...... think I remember Ortega possibly being part of it????

Now what’s in watermelon zkittlez and these other new lines is The adoni different plant also has strong melon flavor but not as thick of taste as the subcool cut which like almost all his work is mostly focused on flavor but the adoni is stronger weed and has a strong kush high...

You have any info to back up your claims? over here in VT we don't fuck around like that, I've been breeding it for over a decade. It's called terrior influence, it plays a big part in breeding cannabis, helping develop unique chemovars. If you can't back your info up keep the jealousy to yourself bro, cause I can back up all my genetics and then some. I happened to breed fragaria and rubus specimens right in my garden with my cannabis. The watermelon floating around is from bagseed, I gave free jars of watermelon away at the 2nd Harvest Cup in MA as well as at the first few Heady Vermont events:tiphat:

Jerry_Garcia

Just found this thread and just so happened to order some of Barney's Watermelon Zkittlez this morning. I'll be very curious what kinda plants these will grow up to be.

Just found this thread and just so happened to order some of Barney's Watermelon Zkittlez this morning. I'll be very curious what kinda plants these will grow up to be.

Barney's farm is the only one with a original east coast watermelon hybrid cutting from my knowledge, they used it in a cross with zkittlez. Anything else is probably a knock off.

If you notice watermelon has never been released un-hybridized and the lineage is still kept a secret.

To be honest its a very fickle plant by itself, the original F1 phenotype we started breeding took 14 weeks to flower out and had about 14-18% THCa, but had amazing pathogen resistance so we kept her going. I cross bred her with another dwarf land-race to reduce flower times to 7-8 weeks, which in turn improved the melon-honeydew flavor profile.

I helped one of my friends out around 2013 with a couple oz's of watermelon to sell with his pipes at a several east coast events, more than a few of those jars had seeds in them, I breed via open pollination for preservation. I have no clue what those seed would grow, but already have had a handful of people hit me up via fbook to tell me they were growing it from bagseed. The bud is the perfect smoke for someone looking to just enjoy a J rather than get super lit. :tiphat:

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Watermelon is unavailable to the public, it was bred near the VT/MA border. The genetics lineage hasn't been released to the public, the only people who have it right now have it from bagseed. We're hoping to get licensed over here in VT before we release it to the public, you can check seeedfinder for more info on our genetics

What do you think made watermelon zkittlez?
Adonai was bred in 2002 and was given to Kyle kush man and others who spread it around.. it’s pure watermelon terps and is a kush/OG/SSH/sweetooth type hybrid

and from pictures I’ve seen of the Adonai... yes watermelom kush a pheno or hybrid of Adonai

Dying Breed lists Watermelon Zum Zum #3 as the parent with OG Eddy in Watermelon Zkittlez. Dying Breed also plays with Adonai in some of their crosses as well.

Do either of you have any specific details on Dying Breed Watermelon Zum Zum (not Zkittlez)??? Thanks!!!

WFF

Dying Breed lists Watermelon Zum Zum #3 as the parent with OG Eddy in Watermelon Zkittlez. Dying Breed also plays with Adonai in some of their crosses as well.

Do either of you have any specific details on Dying Breed Watermelon Zum Zum (not Zkittlez)??? Thanks!!!

WFF

{my info could be off}, but dying breed is ran by a guy named Neil Smith right? I'm not sure what they're growing out in california right now.

Sometime around 2015-16 I sent Neil Smith seeds to cali, he wanted to buy triploids off me when I was running Dank Mountain seed label out of southern VT, but than later on he claimed that the seed wasn't triploid when he grew them out, which is a lie because I follow billy budds work very closely to create my own polyploids.

That was the last time I talked to Neil after he tried to black list me on facebook as a scam artist..

Watermelon originated on the east coast. Back around 2015 via facebook groups, I hooked up a ton of breeders in the cannacommunity with Hybrid Watermelon Kush, OG-39, Strawberry Pluton and Black Market Kush.

None of the people I hooked up with seed gave me credit for my breeding work tho.

Luckily, in modern day I can compare the original genetics to the hybrids on the market via PCR and find relative genetic markers.

I still have all the parent plants to all these crosses, they all originated from VT, I can also back up the epigenetic information on said cultivars if necessary. I was breeding and giving away seed wayyy before east-coast legalization :tiphat:

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran

I know what Your talkin bout That old astroboy!!!! The original watermelon pheno was incredible!!!!!! Super thick watermelon jolly rancher flavor that stuck in your mouth long after the joint went out..but if a racey high that lasted , buds got massive . haven’t seen her in 10+ years ... I remember her well It was Apollo x (Ortega x c99) ... this gonna have me ask around I know a few hoarders who may still have her quietly tucked away...

Its odd how soo many people know of watermelon, but no one knows the exact lineage, its all just been speculation.
Yet when the real breeders speak up all these guys come out of the wood work with stories that have no real evidence of what their talking about.
This is why a majority of us barely release our genetics to the public, they get scooped up and renamed, shuffled back out to the public for profit.. smh

i'm sorry, but there are way...way tooooo many names.... it gets me confused

We never had a name for the watermelon, people started calling it watermelon or just "melon" because it had the strong distinct watermelon flavor. I grow honey dew melons in my garden next to my cannabis patch across from my blackberry bushes and grape vines, which contributes greatly to my terrior that also influences how my cannabis tastes.

You want to know why it taste like watermelon? I compost my garden scraps every year and i composted a ton of rotten honeydew melons that i lost that season due to a early frost, i used that compost to growing out a few landraces I was testing outdoors up here in the north, 3 out of 8 phenos smelled exactly like watermelon the other 5 were a melon like diesel, i tried to clone those 8 phenos and only got 2 to actually root, the rest rotted up the maristem due to hybrid necrosis.

The original "Watermelon" took 14 weeks to flower, this is why I crossed it with another land-race to shorten the photo-period cycle that way i could harvest it outdoors before frosts hit here in the northern hemisphere.

lLucky

You know it's possible for multiple varieties to be called Watermelon....

I have a male of Magic Melon that smells /exactly/ like watermelon.

Yeah you could say that, but everyone knows what OG kush is. Everyone knows where mother of all berries came from. Everyone on the east coast knows where watermelon comes from ~

Magic melon has honeydew in it, which I believe is a phenotype of watermelon, not quite sure i don't follow humbolts breeding work

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Watermelon from 2001 was Apollo x c99 Ortega you can even google it now... type in astroboy watermelon pheno lots of info comes up now ... this is original watermelon clone...

Watermelon from 2001 was Apollo x c99 Ortega you can even google it now... type in astroboy watermelon pheno lots of info comes up now ... this is original watermelon clone...

The East Coast Watermelon Kush is full on watermelon-honeydew flavor, it doesnt taste like citrus or skunk. I still have the S1 in my garden..

I couldnt find much info on astroboy.

The info I could find that relates Astroboy to a watermelon flavor profile:

"When burnt, Astroboy gives off a smooth and easily ingested smoke that tastes like citrus and skunk on the exhale. Certain phenotypes of this bud also carry a light watermelon flavor."

Latest posts

Latest posts