What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watermelon kush?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Pluton, watermelon, these genetics have been floating around the east coast for a decade or better. I am guessing there are a few different cultivars. It certainly isn't a new thing.

Where the pics? If you hold it and bred it wouldn't you have several pics? Just sayin

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
{my info could be off}, but dying breed is ran by a guy named Neil Smith right? I'm not sure what they're growing out in california right now.

Sometime around 2015-16 I sent Neil Smith seeds to cali, he wanted to buy triploids off me when I was running Dank Mountain seed label out of southern VT, but than later on he claimed that the seed wasn't triploid when he grew them out, which is a lie because I follow billy budds work very closely to create my own polyploids.

That was the last time I talked to Neil after he tried to black list me on facebook as a scam artist..

Watermelon originated on the east coast. Back around 2015 via facebook groups, I hooked up a ton of breeders in the cannacommunity with Hybrid Watermelon Kush, OG-39, Strawberry Pluton and Black Market Kush.

None of the people I hooked up with seed gave me credit for my breeding work tho.

Luckily, in modern day I can compare the original genetics to the hybrids on the market via PCR and find relative genetic markers.

I still have all the parent plants to all these crosses, they all originated from VT, I can also back up the epigenetic information on said cultivars if necessary. I was breeding and giving away seed wayyy before east-coast legalization :tiphat:

Thanks for the additional details! Mr. Google says that your story and timeline about Dying Breed and Watermelon Zum Zum could very well be true. I do not want to get into semantics about private dealings, but once seeds or pollen change hands, there is not much you can do.

That being said, if I was the originator of something that is sizzling in the marketplace (i.e. Dying Breed charging 300-500 dollars for 10 regular seeds), I would get my ducks in a row including all breeding history, notes on current lines and P stock, and of course... Have a fuck ton of seeds for sale!!!!

I have more interest in this than most, but obviously not as much you, as back in 2017, I ordered a pack DB Watermelon Zkittlez for $350. When the order came through, I did not receive Zkittlez but Watermelon Zum Zum instead. Was bummed at first until I realized that it was their breeding stock in very limited release. I ended up making 35 different crosses with Zum Zum as either the mother or father. I would assume that the Zum Zum has been worked with more indica because it finishes in about 9-10 weeks. It is medium build with some thinner leaves, so I always thought that was some sativa pretty deep in family tree.

Pluton, watermelon, these genetics have been floating around the east coast for a decade or better. I am guessing there are a few different cultivars. It certainly isn't a new thing.

Where the pics? If you hold it and bred it wouldn't you have several pics? Just sayin

This times 100!!! If you got the goods, lets see it!!!

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Even found a link where someone compares the two cultivars https://www.comparethestrain.ca/watermelon-vs-astroboy/

I know what Your talkin bout That old astroboy!!!! The original watermelon pheno was incredible!!!!!! Super thick watermelon jolly rancher flavor that stuck in your mouth long after the joint went out..but if a racey high that lasted , buds got massive . haven’t seen her in 10+ years ... I remember her well It was Apollo x (Ortega x c99) ... this gonna have me ask around I know a few hoarders who may still have her quietly tucked away...

Like it has been noted by others, there are undoubtedly different expressions of the cannabis plant that have a watermelon type taste and smell. I will just say that I find it interesting that Jack Herer is VERY dominant in the Astroboy genetics (both Apollo 13 & C99). I have a Jack Herer pheno from Karma Dominator (Kushage x Jack Herer) that I crossed with Watermelon Zum Zum and it showing the most watermelon terps of anything that I have run yet, including the Zum Zum itself. Will be watching how it dries and cures soon.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
The East Coast Watermelon Kush is full on watermelon-honeydew flavor, it doesnt taste like citrus or skunk. I still have the S1 in my garden..

I couldnt find much info on astroboy.

The info I could find that relates Astroboy to a watermelon flavor profile:

"When burnt, Astroboy gives off a smooth and easily ingested smoke that tastes like citrus and skunk on the exhale. Certain phenotypes of this bud also carry a light watermelon flavor."

Ya the info on astroboy is hard to find ... it wasn’t a watermelon line but the line did have a watermelon pheno that was found and passed around back in the day... it was dead on jolly rancher watermelon like c99 expresses pineapples.. haven’t seen her in bout 10 maybe more years .. I’m gonna see if she is still alive and get my hands on her...

Do you remember bodhi and his watermelon hashplant was a long flowering girl , I missed out on those beans when they were available and still think about them often....

So your watermelon is not based off either of these ???? I haven’t grown any of these new watermelon lines but sounds like I need to... is dying breed the only ones with it...

TPFTFW

Veteran
{my info could be off}, but dying breed is ran by a guy named Neil Smith right? I'm not sure what they're growing out in california right now.

Sometime around 2015-16 I sent Neil Smith seeds to cali, he wanted to buy triploids off me when I was running Dank Mountain seed label out of southern VT, but than later on he claimed that the seed wasn't triploid when he grew them out, which is a lie because I follow billy budds work very closely to create my own polyploids.

That was the last time I talked to Neil after he tried to black list me on facebook as a scam artist..

Watermelon originated on the east coast. Back around 2015 via facebook groups, I hooked up a ton of breeders in the cannacommunity with Hybrid Watermelon Kush, OG-39, Strawberry Pluton and Black Market Kush.

None of the people I hooked up with seed gave me credit for my breeding work tho.

Luckily, in modern day I can compare the original genetics to the hybrids on the market via PCR and find relative genetic markers.

I still have all the parent plants to all these crosses, they all originated from VT, I can also back up the epigenetic information on said cultivars if necessary. I was breeding and giving away seed wayyy before east-coast legalization :tiphat:

my partner in shenanigans is massive creations, the other part of dying breed seeds.. except they fell out and he started his own thing

Him and his homie higher, are who bred the Adonai (which is what has made basically everything watermelon in today’s market)

watermelon kush is likely a pheno or hybrid of Adonai as I stated before

they sent me a bunch of the original beans from 05, 07 and 09 to take a stab at in vitro and potential embryo rescue.
And various other iterations of the same cross that haven’t even been ran thru yet.

I explained all this in the beginning of the the thread and even said what the lineage was.

Prolly want to go back and read it.

I put the original seeds of Adonai into my agar mix about 5-6 days ago..

all hail da melon

and Neil whoever that is did not breed Adonai (watermelon)
It was shiloh massive and higher

my partner in shenanigans is massive creations, the other part of dying breed seeds.. except they fell out and he started his own thing

Him and his homie higher, are who bred the Adonai (which is what has made basically everything watermelon in today’s market)

watermelon kush is likely a pheno or hybrid of Adonai as I stated before

they sent me a bunch of the original beans from 05, 07 and 09 to take a stab at in vitro and potential embryo rescue.
And various other iterations of the same cross that haven’t even been ran thru yet.

I explained all this in the beginning of the the thread and even said what the lineage was.

Prolly want to go back and read it.

I put the original seeds of Adonai into my agar mix about 5-6 days ago..

all hail da melon

and Neil whoever that is did not breed Adonai (watermelon)
It was shiloh massive and higher

And thats how I know thats bullshit, Neil Charles Smith is Shiloh Massive he runs dying breed, 3rd gen fam and massive creations, everyone knows him in humbolt, the guy went around scooped up abunch of local genetics and renamed them. I'm done here. 350$ for a 10 pack of regulars. Lmfao. Adonai did not make up the original watermelon.

Ya the info on astroboy is hard to find ... it wasn’t a watermelon line but the line did have a watermelon pheno that was found and passed around back in the day... it was dead on jolly rancher watermelon like c99 expresses pineapples.. haven’t seen her in bout 10 maybe more years .. I’m gonna see if she is still alive and get my hands on her...

Do you remember bodhi and his watermelon hashplant was a long flowering girl , I missed out on those beans when they were available and still think about them often....

So your watermelon is not based off either of these ???? I haven’t grown any of these new watermelon lines but sounds like I need to... is dying breed the only ones with it...

I have a watermelon project going right now from the original s1 watermelon kush cutting that was developed here on the east coast. I plan on getting COAs and hopefully some genetic mapping done before we release beans to the public. :tiphat:

TPFTFW

Veteran
And thats how I know thats bullshit, Neil Charles Smith is Shiloh Massive he runs dying breed, 3rd gen fam and massive creations, everyone knows him in humbolt, the guy went around scooped up abunch of local genetics and renamed them. I'm done here. 350$ for a 10 pack of regulars. Lmfao. Adonai did not make up the original watermelon.

he does not run dying breed anymore

He also is less involved in 3rd gen as well

you sir are mistaken.

we’re been working on several lines for going on a year or two now

sounds like someone’s just a little salty

I’ve ran the watermelon kush I got from a fella in TX, kinda part of the old rado crew like 7-8 years back

no bullshit
but feel free to be done

I have no interest in airing dirty laundry and your essentially doxxing

he does not run dying breed anymore

you sir are mistaken.

Me n shiloh started our own little side seed project with haze.

sounds like someone’s just a little salty

I’ve ran the watermelon kush I got from a fella in TX, kinda part of the old rado crew like 7-8 years back

no bullshit
but feel free to be done.

Yeah I'm sure you did guy, you don't even know shilohs real name. lmao

TPFTFW

Veteran
Yeah I'm sure you did guy, you don't even know shilohs real name. lmao

picture.php

Adonai 09, I also have stock from 05 and 07, and other various hybrids he has yet to even run from back when

H4z3_br0s on IG :tiphat:

TPFTFW

Veteran
did you forego our joint IG account we made a little while back I also included?
haven’t done too much with it

lLucky

Well regardless of who, when, what, or any drama....

I'd really love some Watermelon genetics in my life :p

TPFTFW

Veteran
We'll have them soon :tiphat: Don't have to worry about that.

bro know one cares,

shiloh and his homie higher, made Adonai in 02 or 05, I forget

it was passed around, this is well documented

I got the watermelon kush cut in like.. 2012 or 2013 from a mod on the farm..

it did not originate when you said it did

I’m all for repping the east and Midwest, thus my friend is not it

bro know one cares,

shiloh and his homie higher, made Adonai in 02 or 05, I forget

it was passed around, this is well documented

he’s not using your shit ?

the only documentation of adonai being related to dying breed is a fake website. I remember sending him seeds right before Zkittlez and dying breed popped up.

I don't need your confirmation on these facts lol

TPFTFW

Veteran
the only documentation of adonai being related to dying breed is a fake website. I remember sending him seeds right before Zkittlez and dying breed popped up.

I don't need your confirmation on these facts lol

shiloh is actually a good homie, so this is rather amusing

your entirely full of shit

I literally laughed out loud at your last post

good luck in your endeavors, meanwhile I’ll be popping a few hundred Adonai beans from 05-09

shiloh is actually a good homie, so this is rather amusing

your entirely full of shit

I literally laughed out loud at your last post

Yeah I'm sure he is, ask anyone in humbolt how much they like him, not too many nice things have been said from what I've heard.
I actually asked someone to look into who he was and got his full name, a whole story of how he operates, and what hes been doing in humbolt over the pass several years, so you can save that shit for a rainy day guy

TPFTFW

Veteran
Yeah I'm sure he is, ask anyone in humbolt how much they like him, not too many nice things have been said from what I've heard.
I actually asked someone to look into who he was and got his full name, a whole story of how he operates, and what hes been doing in humbolt over the pass several years, so you can save that shit for a rainy day guy

So you think dry snitching and saying someone’s real name on open forum is acceptable?

when and where the fuck did you grow up thinking that’s ok