What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

• Can it be done?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Will it not work?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Would you grow it?

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

teide

Veteran
Here is an idea.

Subterfuge#1 leaves.
Buds that are pearls on a string, like the Dr.Grinspoon pearly pheno.
This combination must be the ultimate stealth strain.
Can anyone make this hybrid?

A few members already have their own freakshow and subterfuge#1 seeds.
I will try to get my hands on those as well, sometime in the future.

Now the one that got away is the pearly pheno.
People grow it out for novelty and can't be bothered keeping the plant for the low yield and eternal flowering period. Others like me are really desiring the freak pheno, but risk never finding it.
My suspicion is it is something you can find in a haze and Thai. Also the Indian landrace urgam valley from rsc and Ace. Maybe still in recent stock dr.grinspoon.
Regardless of where you find the pearly string pheno:

If there is a lucky bastard out there with the pearl pheno keeper:
Please get hold of some freaky leaf pheno seeds and please try to make a cross!

For those in the lucky situation of being medical growers, legal grows and legal swapping of clones and such. And all pollen chuckers, semi pro and pro breeders:
How about a joint effort in pollenizing a pearl pheno with subterfuge or freakshow, trying to create a hybrid with both phenos? Or sending a clone to those who have seeds?

The hybrids don't have to be released. No fun if the ultimate strain is wide spread. It will no longer be stealth.
But it will be amazing to learn about the process. And find out if the combination is possible. Then people can make their own underground stealth strain with the genetics and techniques documented.
In my case I don't mind spending years on the project. Nor do I mind if the multiple recessive mutant freak pheno looses potency, as long as it is stealthy.
Australian bastard started out hemp-like with a poor high, if any. Now I've learned it's been refined through twenty years of breeding in Oregon as an improved version called subterfuge.
Freakshow already seems to have good potency and terpene profile.
Both strains seriously lack stealth factor when in flowering, though..
If they could be improved with the pearl bud pheno, however, we have a winner!

I am sure it can be done in time.. what do you say?

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
That has been verified NOT to work, already in the fifties or sixties. You can graft a weed stem to hops and hops to weed, though not easy.

The tiny weed branch grafted to the hops will produce a teeny amount of thc, as it is severely stunted, but recieves nutrients from the hop plant and roots.
Hops grafted to a weed plant, however, will in no way begin to produce thc.
That is well proven.
I plan on grafting one small branch to my hops in the garden this summer, just for fun.
But this is just a funny idea, not what this thread is about..

teide

Veteran
Ducksfoot was a great idea.
It is only stealthy in veg, unfortunately.
When it reaches flowering, the webbed leaves mostly revert to typical sativa shape, ruining the effect.
Furthermore, all buds in flowering give it away!
That's the reason for this thread.
The stringy pearl pheno looks nothing like weed buds!

teide

Veteran
Pretty sure it does

https://kalyseeds.eu/

Hops does not contain thc but hops Humulus Japonicus is the closed to cannabis plant and crossing a strain to the Humulus Japonicus can make it have thc

Now this was very interesting. Maybe it is a scam.
Maybe they have finally succeeded in making some hybrid. I replied to your post before checking out your link.
The only way to know is hearing from members here who have tried it out. Or get some seeds and try.
All the literature I've seen talks about grafting. I thought pollination didn't work between weed and hops.
Most hops producers, commercial and personal, grow hops from rhizoms, not seeds. Seeds are hard to germinate, need scarification and often cold treatment for up to three months.
If these are hybrid seeds, I wonder about ease of germination.
Really intriguing photos.
Though the weed-looking plants look like weed.
A kind of oversized ducksfoot.
Still look like weed.
The truly hops-looking ones, do they contain thc and cbd? The site says so. I still find it far fetched.
Really cool link, though!

However, I still don't think it beats a pearly bud subterfuge#1 for stealth!

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Come to think of it, I am sure this is a ducksfoot variety. No way they have crossed weed and hemp. A clever scam. If anyone has grown out this ducksfoot/ruderalis hybrid and discovered a hop flower on it, please chime in.
In the mean time, bring some info on how to introgress the elusive genes for beady buds to the already true breeding freaky leaf subterfuge#1, freakshow and auto bastard.

teide

Veteran
Check out the urgam strain from ace. Straight up does not look like cannabis buds.

Yes, as I stated in the first post, the buds of urgam valley look promising. They are what I am talking about. They look from the photos like something that would work. Similar to grinspoon pearly pheno. I have read on icmag of similar buds showing up in cbg's destroyer and in various hazes and thai hybrid also.
The Dr. Grinspoon photos look the most promising.
I have not seen grow reports of urgam valley, only the photos from Ace.
If anyone has grown it, it would be nice to hear their opinion on crossing urgam with ABC, subterfuge or freakshow.
Maybe ngakpa knows more.

teide

Veteran
Oops, my mistake, Ace get them from Indian landrace exchange, not rsc. Don't know who can elaborate on those seeds except Ace. Perhaps Dubi can be asked nicely to chime in.

HillBillyAlien

Now this was very interesting. Maybe it is a scam.
Maybe they have finally succeeded in making some hybrid. I replied to your post before checking out your link.
The only way to know is hearing from members here who have tried it out. Or get some seeds and try.
All the literature I've seen talks about grafting. I thought pollination didn't work between weed and hops.

You can find alot of pics of it online
Most hops producers, commercial and personal, grow hops from scions, not seeds. Seeds are hard to germinate, need scarification and often cold treatment for up to three months.
If these are hybrid seeds, I wonder about ease of germination.
Really intriguing photos.
Though the weed-looking plants look like weed.
A kind of oversized ducksfoot.
Still look like weed.
The truly hops-looking ones, do they contain thc and cbd? The site says so. I still find it far fetched.
Really cool link, though!

However, I still don't think it beats a pearly bud subterfuge#1 for stealth!

Its legit. Just not alot people got into it or grew them. Heard they where hard to grow. Google kaly seeds you can find crap load of info on icmag and other places about him from many years back.

clearheaded

ya me thinks this isn't legit simply a ducks foot plant that said is a cross of hops. OR maybe ducks foot is just a hops hybrid ;) amazing how just happen to grow buds like cannabis and not hops...

pics look like classic ducks foot.

he would of sent a sample to phylos and gained some attention I am sure ;)

furthermore shows on his website hops flower making people think its got cannabis pistoles although thats what hops has as it flowers ;) lol then some smashed up brown hops support to look like a cannabis bud lol.

Also pictures of mosaic virus infected cannabis perhaps is why it gets deformed leaves and hard to grow ;)

teide

Veteran
Don't want no bloody mosaic virus in the ultimate Stealth strain.
I guess we can rule out the kalyseeds.eu ones. Funny thing, but doesn't meet the requirements.

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
I realized from great contributions in another thread about the grinspoon pheno that the beady bud pheno is to be found in many strains. If it is a haze, thai, mexican or hybrid of these, there is always a chance you'll get the pearl pheno. That is promising. What I would like to know more about is how it can be introgressed.
Has anyone tried to pass on the pearl pheno in a cross? How does it work? Can it be stabilized?
Anyone knows the genetics at play? Can you just cross two compatible phenos that show up in f2 and make f3 fully stable pearl phenos like in auto breeding for dummies? Or is there co-dominance and other complexifying factors?

Last edited:

q3corn

I'm starting to think you should be spearheading this project, teide! I wish I had some way to donate genetics, but I don't own any seed stock of any of these strains being talked about.

Ace says there's only 2 more packs of the Urgam Valley sativa. Might wanna order both!