What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

• Can it be done?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Will it not work?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Would you grow it?

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Sava

Uhh...ducksfoot was and is my dream to grow...can't find it anywhere in stock.
====

I've seen a phenotype of ABC that looks like....nest...hehe. Just imagine....you are going to water your plants and found it full of eggs. Sounds like one more advantage of cannabis plant

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Uhh...ducksfoot was and is my dream to grow...can't find it anywhere in stock.
====

I've seen a phenotype of ABC that looks like....nest...hehe. Just imagine....you are going to water your plants and found it full of eggs. Sounds like one more advantage of cannabis plant

I can honestly say I've never seen a cannabis plant quite like that.

Thanks for the photo!

teide

Veteran
Australian Bastard Cannabis has an amazingly different appearance compared to normal weed. Those genes must be the best starting point for a hybrid with freak leaves, as the shape is different, but stable throughout the whole life cycle.
From what I've read though, the potency is not great. As a standalone strain it seems the most stealthy, but it needs further breeding work.
Subterfuge #1 seems to have improved bud size, and it is stated to have terpenes and potency on par with the average non freak strain. I wonder how hyb the breeder increased potency, I am pretty sure he crossed ABC with higher potency strains and then backcrossed or interbred offspring to retrieve the leaf pheno.
The same can be done with a haze or thai, is my hope. I know nothing about genetics governing bud shape and leaf shape. Are those separate genes? To get sativa buds, will you also need to get sativa leaves? Sativa high can carry through in a indica/sativa hybrid, as in ACE's kali china, but the shorter stature and flowering of this hybrid was accompanied by indica leaves. To maintain the pearl bud pheno in a stealth hybrid, would the genotype of pearly buds found in the long flowering sativa lead to a long flowering period also in the hybrid?
I think difference in flavor, aroma, potency and even colour can be achieved when crossing the ABC/subterfuge with another strain. And still keep the ABC leaves. But maybe bud structure is tightly connected to leaf structure genetically, so you can't change one without changing the other. Anyone knows? All the strains that show the beady buds also have sativa leaves. I have never seen a grinspoon/quaze bud on a plant with indica leaves. Maybe pearls cannot show with ABC leaves either.
Can anyone call SamS?

Last edited:

Sava

I can honestly say I've never seen a cannabis plant quite like that.

Thanks for the photo!

This is not my photo. It is from a guy Yantra. Searh IG, there are a few more pics of this plant in his gallery.
I know from a man who is a parts of this australian weed story, that there is even more unusual phenotype than on the picture in previus post.

teide

Veteran
I wanna vote for both "can it be done" and "will you grow it" but I don't know how

If you vote that you will grow it, you also state that you believe it works.
If you vote that it will work, you don't necessarily think it would be good or even worth it, but it's at least doable.
Third option is that such a cross doesn't work.

teide

Veteran
Good to see you, Revverend!
Hopefully your well spoken words on hops, chimps and hemp can put an end to the kalyseeds debate.

Let's explore options of getting pearly/beady buds and freak leaves on the same plant. A hybrid that hasn't been done yet.
We're talking about plants with an extremely high leaf to calyx ratio, long flowering tropical mutants from Thailand or India. I'm not sure how stealthy a plant that flowers for 20 weeks outdoors is. Even though it doesn't produce typical colas it still has the basic leaf structure, smell, and growth.
Yeah, man, that's exactly why it has to be crossed with the ABC/Subterfuge#1..
It seems to be common wisdom that these strains are very potent, I've never grown one so I wouldn't know. It seems a lot of time and space to grow a plant with such a low yield, not much total resin to be harvested. I understand that's not the point, they're cool looking plants and a fun idea but I can see why they're so rare. Not just from a commercial viewpoint. Trimming would consist of removing individual calyxes. Also from the practical aspect, how many seeds could a plant without buds produce? At what point would the maximum number of receptive pistils be available? It seems like it would keep growing tips, producing more calyxes over time. Over 20 weeks of flowering that's a lot of male pollen to keep dolling out.

You bring up a very good point about the flowering time. It is inconvenient and not stealthy. Hopefully this can be mitigated in a stealth hybrid.

Pure stalks with beads would be a dream to trim. No leaves, no trim!
If the yield is less? Small compromise when, as you say, the beads are known to be potent.
To my knowledge, the pearl phenos still give you seeds. The total amount of calyces are maybe lower than on non-pearl strains, but you still get enough seeds, no, regardless of whether the seed pods are arranged as beads on a string or as a cluster as in normal buds..

Sava

teide, i've spoken with a mate, who is planted a pack of greenspoon and kindly agreed to send to me a clone, if he get that pearly buds phenotype.

teide

Veteran
Three golden tiger seedlings above the surface and my sole grinspoon seed put in water. Let's see if I have the 1/1000 luck and get the grinspoon pearl pheno. Otherwise a whole lotta chucking ahead to search among thai f2s and f3s..

Sava

It is possible to graft one plant onto the other.

What i've seen on a videos by kalyseeds is a hops grafted on cannabis stem. Here is a little slideshow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXwRahdgn5w

my view on it is lil more pragmatical than discussing "biosynthesis of thc in hops plant"... i just thinking about stealthiness. Look, as you still has two or more branches of some weird looking cannabis...but the whole big plant is a hops.....it is a not bad idea at all.

G

I'm preparing for a 1982 pure African Sativa X ABC site 4. doing an off season ABC seed run, which is going better than expected.. (considering its cold and days are short) so I can run a heap of ABC (selecting the 'bladed' long flowering pheno. Crossing that with a big ol long flowering Durban from 82. Search through the f2's and hopefully find something special.

G

This is the pheno I believe I want to work with. Decided to go pure ABC because I'm interested in creating a pure old school mutant not overly concerned about low yield and potency. And couldn't find much info onto subterfuge 1 breeding program, so didn't want to work with something that I couldn't find much information to what it was crossed with. I am keen to see what others make of it as I may grab a pack in the future

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-191953~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-191953~2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 67
G

And a pic of the off season mini seed run in prep for the project. I'll be mixing the seeds from this with a bunch more of the pack seeds and using a good number of the1982durban males on the selected ABC females

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-190857~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-190857~2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 71

teide

Veteran
I have just bought some Ghana landrace seeds. The bud Structure seems very interesting and a possibly good alternative to the grinspoon pheno. Will cross Ghana to abc when my c99xabc reach f2/f3 and the leaf pheno re-emerges.

G

Nice Teide! That has the potential to be an awesome cross. I'm curious if there's a pearly pheno hidden within the pure ABC genes? I've found some pretty tropical looking Sativa genes coming through. Hopefully a large seed run will answer that question. I'm keen to help with this project maybe a fresh pheno hunt through the pure ABC would be useful

G

I pollinated a mutant bagseed se Asian sat with this blade leaf ABC. Was already late in flowering so only got 2 seeds.. but could be interesting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-184240~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-184240~2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20200412-221945~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200412-221945~2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 73
G

An example of what I think is a landrace style Sativa structure in one of the mini pure abcs (pollinated so hard to say)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200420-202207~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200420-202207~2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 67

Swanson

This is awesome! There could be some serious hidden potential in these strains. Looking forward to the C99 hybrids. :dance013:

teide

Veteran
Nice that you got seeds, liltree. Is there much variation in the abc? They seem smallish, I thought they grew larger. I think I would prefer the other leaf pheno, like the one in the front in post 53. But I haven"t seen the plants in real life, do you think the blade pheno looks the most different from regular weed, is that why you prefer that pheno?
The buds in your last photo look real promising. I like the structure more than on the subt1 photos, the abc buds look like beads and though the yield is less than regular buds it will serve as stealth. If the sativa-like structure is maintaned in your cross with added sativa high then you have more or less achieved the goal!
This will be exciting, liltree!