What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

• Can it be done?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Will it not work?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Would you grow it?

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
G

Thanks, yeah these are growing outdoors heading into a chilly winter so that's why they are runty. They also got abandoned for a couple weeks haha Wasn't patient enough to wait until spring! So threw a few into pots. I'm yet to find out how many phenos there are but with my 5 I can see 4 phenos so could be a wide range. The blade pheno is just my fave so far.. no reason just looks like a strange herb.
Suppose my goal is to at first see what's hidden within the pure strain and do a hybrid from there with a strong pure sat
Should have hundreds of seeds for spring so I'll do a hunt and post any interesting individuals! Be good to see them put on some size through summer.

G

If you manage to cross subterfuge and that foxtail bud Sativa previously mentioned I think that would be the ultimate

teide

Veteran
I think your blade abc also is very promising if it looks like a herb, stays small and maintains those smaller buds that indeed look sativa and quite beady. Four phenos so far, you say. It sure will be interesting when you grow out more seeds!

teide

Veteran
My Ghana order was cancelled as the seedbank stopped shipping due to covid19. So I have to look else where for those seeds. Seem sold out everywhere.
Still have the sole grinspoon seedling and three golden tigers in veg.

However, I think we have plenty more options for a suitable pearl pheno to cross to the ABC!
The grinspoon pheno is amazing with a superb high, but as several members gave stated, there are cultivars that shoot similar foxtails, though the high is not as impressive, and the buds are not as extreme. They would serve as a good alternative whole we wait for the perfect grinspoon pheno.
So please also try a cross with any strain that has extreme foxtailing.
Latest I read was that diesel strains often foxtail. I saw an amazing photo of Bodhi's love dawg. It looked just like the f13 beady pheno.
If anyone knows of a cultivar that grows pure foxtails, please tell, and bring pics!

teide

Veteran
Indeed!
If I can manage to get something like those buds from my Golden Tigers, I am more than happy. It doesn't have to be from grinspoon exclusively. Hopefully there is something like that pheno somewhere in my GT, Cambodian landrace, auto Desfran, Khmer Gold or a cross of those.
Nice link, liltree.

teide

Veteran
The plant in the post is 23 weeks flowering and still not ready, though.
That is very inconvenient for an outdoor grow in my latidue, so say the least. I would prefer to add auto genes to ensure the stealth hybrid survive outdoors in my climate. I wonder if those foxtails of true thai sativas are dependent on extreme flowering periods. Same genes for bud pheno and flowering time. I have still not seen those kinds of foxtails on autos. Auto foxtails have just a trace of those calyx fingers or they foxtail due to environmental factors. So far all those impressive pure foxtail plants are long flowering photos. Does anyone reckon they could be combined with auto genes or finish in time if flowering is shortened in a hybrid? ABC is very cold resistant anyway, reported to withstand snow without damage, so maybe an ABC with foxtail buds could be a successful cross in a non equatorial climate after all.

Last edited:
G

Example of some site 4 variation for those curious, the stocky one went purple also.

Hmm yeah good point about the foxtail autos, I've only ever seen it in long flowering varieties also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200519-223630~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20200519-223630~3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 61

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm quite surpised both the duck and abc haven't been worked and distributed more. There's definitely a market for it.

G

Hybe has put up some epic shots of auto bastard on IG. Good to know about the freakshow pollen.

G

Can confirm that ABC site 4's potency is fine. It's the typical buzz of unworked old school sats that get around oz. The sample was seeded and better than expected

Sachiel

Hey Peeps,

I just wanted to chime in on this thread with my efforts in breeding something stealthy.

Here in central europe we have a very common weed, Artemisia vulgaris that flowers around mid June to July, which is the same time most super-autos start to flower.
I am now trying to mimic this plant as closely as possible.

To do that I am crossing Freakshow to a strain called Giant PurPur bred by Kalyseeds. Said strain exhibits deep red stems and oval, non serrated sitting leaves. With enough F1 seeds I should be able to find Phenos that resemble Artemisia leaf morphology.
Frakshow itself is already quite close to Artemisia but still has too many fingers.
The last step would be to make it autoflower by crossing it to my Kurgan Oblast.The Kurgan being from Russia actually hits Artemisia flowering window on spot!

And @Teide, a pearl String pheno or a fluffy bud structure would be an advantage as well in this case. I´m still hoping to find a string of pearls Pheno in my Khmer x Kurgan Oblast F1s since the mother was displaying that trait (so popping your Khmer Gold might be worth a try :dance: )

And as y'all already realized, all that stuff sounds so easy to jot down but takes decades to stabillize :chin:

Sachiel

That is the problem...

But I just can't imagine that crossing two heavy leaf varieties will produce normal leafs...:chin:

This is how the stuff grows here naturally. Really does look like Freakshow/ABC already...

teide

Veteran
Great idea, Sachiel, I remember you mentioned artemisia back in spring in the Freakshow thread. I totally agree, this weed is very common in my area as well, and it serves as good cover for hiding in plain sight, if you can breed a stealth plant that mimics the traits. Your kaly variety might be perfect for this. We still need whispy buds for the effect to work throughout the whole life cycle, though. Your Khmer x kurgan Sounds like a good starting point.

Latest posts

Latest posts