What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Donald a question please....do you find in Thailand the spicy leather types is still easily found...or does it seem to be more dominated by these more lemony, citrusy types that seem to be more commonly associated with thai now in the western world....id be intrested in your view point on this please...seeing as over time you've been able to check out quite a few things yourself...thanks

i haven't grown enough in recent times to make any judgements there darkie ,
though I'm sure with some hunting you could find many flavors and aromas ,

i did recently receive a bunch of seeds from there , and I'm keen to see whats in there ...

i can say the first time i toked the laos brick stuff it really messed with my head,
its amazing how that stuff can twist your mind around ,
i was spiraling down a dark tunnel and it wasn't very nice to be honest ,
really bad thoughts ,
i thought i was loosing the plot ,
i hadn't toked in a few days and while my tolerance was high ,
it dropped off very quickly i noticed if i ever had a break longer than 12 hours ,
also i was a bit jet lagged ,
i remember having to reassure myself , telling myself its only the affects of pot ,
\you will be fine , hang in there ... hahahaha ,
it was a scary hour or so though ...

the next time i toked some of the same/similar stuff ,
i did get a reaction too , just some bad thoughts ,
anything i had done wrong i felt guilty about it seemed ,
but once i ate some food i was ok ,
it never had that affect on me again after that thankfully ,
but i could see how some folks could liken it to tripping ,
it was a bad trip though for me ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That picture was posted a very long time ago by another person in another thread and that person also said he didn’t take the picture so you don’t even know where it is from or who took it. It’s also pretty dishonest to post it like that without giving credit to the person you ripped it off from but it’s pretty much par for your fantasy course, what was that called again? Oh ”Walking stick thai” hahaha. So how can you tell such definite stories about a picture you ripped from a guy who ripped it from a guy? Yes that is true, as usual you don’t know what you’re talking about but reason and logic never stopped you before so please yell some about how old I am and how many plants I have grown, it will sure deflect from the obvious fact that you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about, hahaha. You see even if I was 12 years old and never grew a plant, nothing you say look good on your resume dude, it’s quite obvious to a lot of people myself included.

Go take a trip, see for yourself, explore and collect and then you can tell your stories of far off lands but don’t be this obtuse, stupid online troll trying to make stuff up to make yourself and whatever you think you have more exiting and ”original”. It’s not working!

Hi Karen i know were the picture comes from and bushyweed for the record was not the first to post them on the forum that photo were part of a group of photos taken back in the 70s in Thailand.

You can find the pictures in the Thai stick book or on Facebook under Thai Stick book and other places.

https://www.independent.com/2014/04/...rijuana-trade/

Thia plants grown in Northeast Thailand or Isan in the 70s that were used to make Thai Sticks.
Click image for larger version  Name:	135017095_4911577442218061_3403622910643676936_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.0 KB ID:	17865198

You need to get a life Karen.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I think there is no doubt that what most people score in Thailand these days is grown in Laos or Cambodia i don't know what the laws like in Laos but from what i am told in Cambodia cannabis is sold at the local markets and even added to pizzas there for tourists.

The pictures of the brick weed in Thailand today looks nothing like what i remember seeing but i never saw any more after 85 here mate.

I only saw a little of the compressed bricked Thai and that tasted smoked just like the Thai stick that had come in.

All the Thai lines we grew here were all true breeding i never saw them hermaphrodite in flower the Thai people have a long history with cannabis as do others but there cannabis was unique stood out in quality appearance and smells.Even in the 70s Thai sativas were highly prized amongst growers more so than any other.

if the picture you showed and said it looked like the compressed stuff you had ,
then it looks exactly like the stuff in Thailand today ,
most of it looks like that , there are some variations though ,
but the bulk looks like the picture you posted and called compressed thai ...

I've purchased quite a bit of it over the times i have been there ,
one batch they said they called it "dancing thai"
because after u cut it up it kinda moved around ,
I've seen stuff do that before , i guess its something to do with the resin content or something ,
its always pretty good pot if it moves after pouring it from the cup or bowl you have used to cut it in ..

with reference to the hermies ,
yea there's plenty of hermies in thai weed man ,
i don't think you ever grew enough from different sources to see it that's all ,
most others have done given the amount of reports about it ,

sam skunkman said it had to to with the thais using seed from the pot they grew rather than sourcing it from a seed maker ,
a few times of doing that , and there was a % of hermies in a fair bit of the stuff ,
they came in all stages of flowering in both the males and the females ....

the thais that toke weed are working class people ,
its not a drug that is considered classy by any means at all ,
it is looked down on from most thais that are not working class folks ,
from what my indian mate told me the same was true in India ...

it is true however that it has been used for a long time as medicine ,
generally in soup from what i was able to tell ,
the words "bong" and "gunja" (kuncha) are also thai words ,
so if you ever go don't think you ll be being secretive saying "lets go for a few bongs",
everyone will know what you are talking about .. lol ... ;

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
lol, that's what it means to you but not everyone else. A dry spell means you have no smoke dude. Has nothing to do with commercial. There's a huge difference in the supply of the '70-'90s from what we have today. When we ran out we couldn't go buy a bag. I'm sure there was some weed around during dry spells but not everyone had connections that had weed all the time. Today there is no such thing as a dry spell in legal states.

A dry spell means there is no cannabis on the market for people to buy Hammer like i posted before here weed went from $250 to $1000 an Oz over night if you could find it threw the last big dry. Normally Hash and Thai sticks and imported cannabis filled consumers needs until locally grown cannabis hit the markets but the big dry as we called it was something we never saw before or since.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi Karen i know were the picture comes from and bushyweed for the record was not the first to post them on the forum that photo were part of a group of photos taken back in the 70s in Thailand.

You can find the pictures in the Thai stick book or on Facebook under Thai Stick book and other places.

https://www.independent.com/2014/04/...rijuana-trade/

Thia plants grown in Northeast Thailand or Isan in the 70s that were used to make Thai Sticks.

You need to get a life Karen.

to be fair if you check what you wrote vs the actual quote ,
you have added the words , "and the compressed brick,"

which is not accurate , or is it the words used by the folks that used the picture ,
its best to just quote from those things and not to add your own spin on it ,

because they were not making brick weed from that , they were making thai sticks ,
that's why i say i think they compressed stuff came from the same place it still comes from ,
which is not too far from Isaan , but its not the same place ...

and i don't mind saying it without admitting certainty , because without absolute proof i cannot be 100% sure ,
but evidence points to that being an accurate assumption ...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Come on Aussies, tell me of the Indian, Indonesian or other lines that compared well to the mighty Thai. If there were any that compared? It seems the Thai's got their original seeds from India, along with many other countries.
We did not know the origin of most of the pot sold where I was in Sydney apart from the odd exception. Names were not common. You bought "heads", "leaf", "stick" "foilies", or occasionally "hash". Thai stick stood out as the best and was named as such. I can remember things called Buddha sticks but don't know the origin. I heard rumours of Sumatran tripping weed but never got any that I can recall? I do remember we got what was called Colombian compressed at one point which looked like it had been on a boat for 3 months, which it probably had. We had the odd hash available if you couldn't get buds; it was called black putty, but no idea where it came from. I also smoked Lebanese Blonde occasinally due to the large Lebanese community living in Sydney. Later on we got PNG buds. Most cannabis had no name and was grown domestically as the whole country has a good environment for sativa's. Mullumbimby Madness was known but I had it several times and it always seemed different so no idea if it was a strain or simply marketing.

Some home grown was excellent and I had the odd toke that would rival Thai stick. A lot of it was average. Nearly all the home grown in the early days was sativa and I never saw indica buds until I grew a seed myself that I found in a block of Leb blonde. Grew my first hash plant which was a novelty. Maybe others have a better idea of imports.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
if the picture you showed and said it looked like the compressed stuff you had ,
then it looks exactly like the stuff in Thailand today ,
most of it looks like that , there are some variations though ,
but the bulk looks like the picture you posted and called compressed thai ...

I've purchased quite a bit of it over the times i have been there ,
one batch they said they called it "dancing thai"
because after u cut it up it kinda moved around ,
I've seen stuff do that before , i guess its something to do with the resin content or something ,
its always pretty good pot if it moves after pouring it from the cup or bowl you have used to cut it in ..

with reference to the hermies ,
yea there's plenty of hermies in thai weed man ,
i don't think you ever grew enough from different sources to see it that's all ,
most others have done given the amount of reports about it ,

sam skunkman said it had to to with the thais using seed from the pot they grew rather than sourcing it from a seed maker ,
a few times of doing that , and there was a % of hermies in a fair bit of the stuff ,
they came in all stages of flowering in both the males and the females ....

the thais that toke weed are working class people ,
its not a drug that is considered classy by any means at all ,
it is looked down on from most thais that are not working class folks ,
from what my indian mate told me the same was true in India ...

it is true however that it has been used for a long time as medicine ,
generally in soup from what i was able to tell ,
the words "bong" and "gunja" (kuncha) are also thai words ,
so if you ever go don't think you ll be being secretive saying "lets go for a few bongs",
everyone will know what you are talking about .. lol ... ;

I chatted to Andy (RIP) about what is being grown smoked there now and most was imported in but a little was still local a lot of modern genetics was being grown also and the important part i think is some very good old school Thai could still be found.

I grew plenty Donald and a few different Thai sativas and i still grow them and i never had plants hermaphrodite half way threw or towards the end of any grow i or friends did if you did see a herm it was at sexing as i keep saying sativas can have 3 sexs Fem/Male/ Herm and kanga also knew this.

I did a Thai grow thread right here in ICMAG years ago to prove Sam wrong and i did not a single herm flower in the female plants or males throwing lady parts.

Many parts of the world have a long history with the plant no matter were you are respect gains respect.

I don't look at Thai sativas or any cannabis as some thing mystical its just a plant and we were just in the right time and place to see lots of it and have accesses to lines like Thai Colombians and so on. The dutch seed seen and the breeding of faster plants more suited for indoor grows and areas of the world with shorter growing environments and the war on drugs by fruit cakes like Ragan played a huge impact on the strains of old.

Even today most want a 55 day flower period so even if the old sativas were available only a small % would bother growing them.

I grow sativas because i love the smoke they produce its that simple.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
to be fair if you check what you wrote vs the actual quote ,
you have added the words , "and the compressed brick,"

which is not accurate , or is it the words used by the folks that used the picture ,
its best to just quote from those things and not to add your own spin on it ,

because they were not making brick weed from that , they were making thai sticks ,
that's why i say i think they compressed stuff came from the same place it still comes from ,
which is not too far from Isaan , but its not the same place ...

and i don't mind saying it without admitting certainty , because without absolute proof i cannot be 100% sure ,
but evidence points to that being an accurate assumption ...

I did post and say these plants were used to make Thai stick Donald not compressed brick weed did you miss that ?.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A dry spell means there is no cannabis on the market for people to buy Hammer like i posted before here weed went from $250 to $1000 an Oz over night if you could find it threw the last big dry. Normally Hash and Thai sticks and imported cannabis filled consumers needs until locally grown cannabis hit the markets but the big dry as we called it was something we never saw before or since.

You keep repeating something that doesn't make it true. It's Just another example of you being wrong and can't admit it. We all know all that matters is what you think LMAO.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You keep repeating something that doesn't make it true. It's Just another example of you being wrong and can't admit it. We all know all that matters is what you think LMAO.

What are you on about Hammer do you just like to argue or do you have a valid point to make here mate ?.

Dont be a dick mate show me some respect not much to ask for in my ow thread and a dry spell means things run dry you cant get hold of a given product this being cannabis.What i posted was relating to a bad dry spell we had here i kept my mates in smoke over this period.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
We did not know the origin of most of the pot sold where I was in Sydney apart from the odd exception. Names were not common. You bought "heads", "leaf", "stick" "foilies", or occasionally "hash". Thai stick stood out as the best and was named as such. I can remember things called Buddha sticks but don't know the origin. I heard rumours of Sumatran tripping weed but never got any that I can recall? I do remember we got what was called Colombian compressed at one point which looked like it had been on a boat for 3 months, which it probably had. We had the odd hash available if you couldn't get buds; it was called black putty, but no idea where it came from. I also smoked Lebanese Blonde occasinally due to the large Lebanese community living in Sydney. Later on we got PNG buds. Most cannabis had no name and was grown domestically as the whole country has a good environment for sativa's. Mullumbimby Madness was known but I had it several times and it always seemed different so no idea if it was a strain or simply marketing.

Some home grown was excellent and I had the odd toke that would rival Thai stick. A lot of it was average. Nearly all the home grown in the early days was sativa and I never saw indica buds until I grew a seed myself that I found in a block of Leb blonde. Grew my first hash plant which was a novelty. Maybe others have a better idea of imports.

I saw all types of imported weed here mate from Hawaiian to Acapulco Gold sold in lids (tins ) hash from Afghan to Leb blonde gold / red celafane rapped black putty / Panama red list is long you name it we saw it.

We had something called tripping weed that i believe was Haze you could buy an oz bag of all types of exotic pot for $30 in the late 70s but the trip weed you paid $30 for a small coin bag full it looked like wet leaf but blew your head off that dates back to at lest 76 here..

romanoweed

can anyone compare Indian to SE Asian?

Someone once said indian is known less to Westeners. So could it be the Magic Weed we all missed?
Not that i suspect it, also not that i dont suspect it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Two grades of Thai in the same 1976 load.
107705396_4089883227720824_8549799384749711179_n.jpg

106994492_4089894384386375_2637535152899386284_n.jpg

So your incorrect Donald they did Compress Thia sticks into bricks.

romanoweed

Lately i heard the Therm: - Mexican Tripping Weed. It was the Third Country i heard this Therm from.

The other Countries were

- Sumatran Tripping Weed
- Vietnam Tripping Weed.

Found that interesting,

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is also interesting

"It was local, for smoking in some village, but from Laos too. Like a traditional for some village that they grow and they smoke in the village. And some from other village come to see and try it. And so it spread. But it was traditional."
120909710_4546419375400538_1973920183516522461_n.jpg

Isan 2020

126299846_4729247400451067_1010589191611929120_n.jpg

Harvest time Isan c. 2018
99280027_3902706169771865_399008891364442112_n.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When Jo was eleven, he moved from Udorn to Nong Khai on the Laotian border, where he smoked his first ganja. “ They have it everywhere, almost every corner, every house, they have it in the yard growing.” In Isan, as in much of Thailand, marijuana plants were as common in family gardens as chili peppers; one of many medicinal herbs that had been used for centuries. “I smoke, farmer smoke, everyone smoke, just like tobacco for them. Because you working hard, they enjoy with it. I like it, because make you calm, not really harm and thinking good thing,” said Jo. “Better than drinking. A lot of trouble start from drinking, not from smoking.”

69909043_3059322147443609_3242577493890170880_n.jpg

Sub24ox7

HEMPY, Thai weed is very hermi prone! I have seen one branch male and the others female even.
Idk you just can’t say because I have never seen it that it doesn’t happen. From the Thai seed I have grown.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
HEMPY, Thai weed is very hermi prone! I have seen one branch male and the others female even.

Not the stuff i grew and continue to grow Sub the only female plant i ever saw start as female and then go hermaphrodite came from dutch breed genetics.

I have done more than i Thai grow thread from seed to harvest close up pics no herms maybe some are just growing out crap genetics or stressing the plants to cause this i cant say just know what i saw n see.

Sub24ox7

On the hermi subject, mm x oss from bushy #4 threw bananas both times I have run it(this was the last). So I have gotten two hermi so far from mm x oss and one solidly female. Got two more females that look less nld, hopefully they give the goods. Sorry for slightly off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts