What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had dry periods to but that did not mean people didn't smoke daily and often threw the dry periods as a smoker you knew the dry periods so if you didn't grow you bought extra n stored for the dry people that grew some kept there harvest and sold threw the dry spell and made a fortune here others like me shared with friends and kept them high threw the drys..

lots of old genetics still grown quality is quality tolerance plays no roll in that hammer.

If you're still smoking daily that is not a dry period lol. That last comment is BS. I don't care who you are you stop smoking your tolerance will not be the same.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If you're still smoking daily that is not a dry period lol. That last comment is BS. I don't care who you are you stop smoking your tolerance will not be the same.

A dry spell means there is no commercial out there for people to buy hammer i saw some offer ounces that sold for $250 before the dry for a $1000 here in the last big dry.

like i said we had them here to the smart ones got extra and stocked up for the dry spells or put away some of the last harvest while others exploited the dry to rip people off.

People buy a bag of commercial get real nice and high from the first few smokes by half way threw an oz have all ready built a tolerance to some things.Were others smoke the same weed for years and build no tolerance to the smoke i think it has more to do with the quality .

TheDarkStorm

Have any of you usa guys tried what they call this pre dutch haze clone going around...looks very standard to me...pineapple and fruit scents

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The Field of dreams

image_1938172.jpg

TheDarkStorm

What clone? Got a name?pic?

I couldn't get the picture vanilla dutch but if anyone wants to check out #original haze on the in sta its there....im sure sam was adamant both of the haze guys stopped growing and they had no seeds left....so who knows where it comes from...but from the scents and flavours described it sure behaves like very inbred haze.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
The darkstorm i would be highly pissed if i had to smoke brown uncured dirt compressed weed. Where im from there is nuthin but the best strains around.all i can say is some of yall must be nobodys in the game and therefore the only way you can smoke good is growing it yourself from seeds purchased from gypsy. Which in fact gypsy has the best seeds in the world.but anyway i dont feel sorry for any of you. Just grow some good weed and be happy you dont have to smoke bullshit anymore.theres no need to defend brickweed its shit.

I realise you are trolling but I hope you realise that compressed weed is the same genetically as uncompressed weed. Compressing it damages the odd trichome but it is still great if it comes from good genetics. It is also cured so I am not sure where you're coming from with that statement.There's a whole thread on here about the process of Malawi cobs, that are compressed and fermented, and are preferred by some. Old Thai sticks spent weeks in a boat, all stuck together, yet old time smokers would crawl on broken glass to smoke it. No Thai stick was improved by hybridising. I have tried many Thai hybrids.

I have been to North America and Canada, smoked many good hybrids including the ones you have listed, yet am choosing to go back and grow the old strains. I have also been to Asia and what I had there was more enjoyable than anything I had in North America. I am not coming on here making this shit up. My genuine preference is to grow and smoke old school strains.

I find it odd that you put shit on pics of compressed weed from Laos or Thailand, yet at the same time post an example you claim to be Cambodian/Thai (which are seperate countries so which is it?). If that same bud was squished due to being compressed you would be calling it shit. I am sure there is some brickweed that is crap, but that is dependent on genetics, not the fact that it's bricked for transport.

TheDarkStorm

I realise you are trolling but I hope you realise that compressed weed is the same genetically as uncompressed weed. Compressing it damages the odd trichome but it is still great if it comes from good genetics. It is also cured so I am not sure where you're coming from with that statement.There's a whole thread on here about the process of Malawi cobs, that are compressed and fermented, and are preferred by some. Old Thai sticks spent weeks in a boat, all stuck together, yet old time smokers would crawl on broken glass to smoke it. No Thai stick was improved by hybridising. I have tried many Thai hybrids.

I have been to North America and Canada, smoked many good hybrids including the ones you have listed, yet am choosing to go back and grow the old strains. I have also been to Asia and what I had there was more enjoyable than anything I had in North America. I am not coming on here making this shit up. My genuine preference is to grow and smoke old school strains.

I find it odd that you put shit on pics of compressed weed from Laos or Thailand, yet at the same time post an example you claim to be Cambodian/Thai (which are seperate countries so which is it?). If that same bud was squished due to being compressed you would be calling it shit. I am sure there is some brickweed that is crap, but that is dependent on genetics, not the fact that it's bricked for transport.

I think it actually cures better when compressed and kept in a vacuum...it stops all the crystal from rubbing off in the bag....an like you said chi it all depends on genetics....I think people forget that its finding the best of those landraces that make what people nowdays are used too..even though it may look crap but passes on the trait of a powerful high...when you cross two types together it creates something close and probably better than most are used to nowdays....that dont just magically happen...it happens when the landrace plants used are good....if they were crap..well they would create crap too.

TheDarkStorm

Landraces aint all that great. Now sum vaccum sealed pounds of cookies or purple haze from 2021.now thats good weed.all this yesteryear stuff is boring. Thc percent is the 70s was less than 11 percent.nowadays its in the 30s.i feel sorry for yall growing up on that stuff.were spoiled nowadays

How comes nevils a5 cutting from the 80's is hitting 22% thc growing outdoors in Europe...which im sure could go even higher...just shows that some people got crap back in the day, while some got stuff that easily matchs whats around now
And cookies wears off quickly...might taste and look nice though....grows like crap too...that hermie crap has contaminated all the gene pool with hermie crap..I wouldn't look at that as a good thing....its a pretty retarded thing to put out there and do more messed up breeding with....like going backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.