What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thai Neville OG Regular seed = Swiss Thai Nevil ( Neville Schoenmakers) RIP
x my OG Kush dom Male ( Ogers Kush Orgnkid x Chemdog bx2 Male Reservoir seeds)
Screenshot_20210417-183317_Instagram.jpg

Grown and pictured by youngrasshopper

acespicoli

Thai Neville OG Regular seed = Swiss Thai Nevil ( Neville Schoenmakers) RIP
x my OG Kush dom Male ( Ogers Kush Orgnkid x Chemdog bx2 Male Reservoir seeds)

Grown and pictured by youngrasshopper

seriously buds long as your arm
those are the ones I miss seeing, the spears yeah
gonna have to smell that one and give it the smoke test :biggrin:
the form of the breeding looks propper :peacock:

RingtailCanyon

Todd’s answer when I asked him about wider leafed phenos.

“There is a lot of variation in Original Haze as it has been kept as an IBL since the 70’s.

A lot of the original Haze males had an incredible scent to them, if you are doing some breeding I would recommend growing it out and seeing what you think of it structure and aroma.

You may also see more narrow leaves as the plant grows into maturity.

I had never had original Haze seeds prior to getting them directly from Skunkman Sam, and I was rather surprised at the range within the variety once I started growing it. The one thing that is very much alike in all of Original Haze prodigy is the Haze terpenes.

Did you get any females? Usually I get more females than males when I grow original Haze.”
Todd McCormick

I would expect original haze to have thin leaflets through it's life cycle similar to what i've witnessed with CBG's colombians, but I know I don't know everything. Somewhere there is an old Mel Frank photo of original haze and i remember thinking it didn't look all that sativa in appearance. Scott B made Holy Grail recently which has Haze male C as the parent and the leaves on that aren't all that thin either. He even mentions that haze doesn't always look similar and can't be judged from leaves, but the haze has a common aroma that links them. I'd like to pull the trigger and get Todd's seeds but i want to see some grows first, maybe I need to look through this thread some more.

Bnyest

10081279-A417-4FDB-A94D-3B716094FB90.jpeg
2379FF83-CCA9-4E70-816F-EBBBB6814264.jpeg
Even Nevil found a brad leaf Haze in the early Haze seed he got from Sam but he culled it.

A lot of sativas start off with a leaf that is a little broad not like a indica but not narrow as some think then as they start to go into flower they start to grow single narrow leaf Thai do it and seen plenty of haze hybrids that do it to.

So true Hempy. I was really surprised myself they start of like that and can stay this way for few weeks and finish off looking full on narrow leaf
4EF7A8F9-0933-44D3-828B-C17CA3D65224.jpeg

TheDarkStorm

The OutBack Haze....pictures are OJD's

Attachments

• OJD's OutBack haze pic#1.png
    OJD's OutBack haze pic#1.png
    500.1 KB · Views: 42
  • OJD's OutBack Haze pic#2.png
    OJD's OutBack Haze pic#2.png
    467.7 KB · Views: 31
  • OJD's OutBack Haze pic#3.png
    OJD's OutBack Haze pic#3.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 38
  • OJD's OutBack Haze pic#5.png
    OJD's OutBack Haze pic#5.png
    456.4 KB · Views: 28

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Happy 420 to you and every one Dark.

I should up date the NH i ended up with 2 very nice fems and 2 real nice males i culled a few along the way i will take a few pics once i get a new battery for the camera.

TheDarkStorm

Happy 420 to you and every one Dark.

I should up date the NH i ended up with 2 very nice fems and 2 real nice males i culled a few along the way i will take a few pics once i get a new battery for the camera.

Cool hempy...ive been looking forwards to seeing some snaps from them...how far into bloom you got them ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The OutBack Haze....pictures are OJD's

Nevil was very proud of this line i remember him calling me telling me to open my email as he had just taken pics and he had sent me them for me to see like a proud new dad .

He wanted me to grow the OUTBACK Haze line out along with the Thai X MM for ages i regret not taking him up on that but was doing other things.

Great job OJD.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038700.png Views:	0 Size:	473.0 KB ID:	17836716
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2038701.png Views:	0 Size:	458.9 KB ID:	17836717

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Cool hempy...ive been looking forwards to seeing some snaps from them...how far into bloom you got them ?

There just in early Flower Dark basically they all just sexed there in week 6 so a long way to go but happy with what i found and would not of hesitated to cull if they did not met requirements.

This is one of the males not a good pic at all but this guy leaves your fingers oily n sticky if you rub the steam he smells of sour mango strong smell for a male his a little brad leaf for my liking but only the shade leaf but has the frame so i cut him back will smoke test.The other male is tall has no real side branching again oily sticky feel from steam rub smoke test to be done may end up using both.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210406_113911 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	17836738

TheDarkStorm

Nevil was very proud of this line i remember him calling me telling me to open my email as he had just taken pics and he had sent me them for me to see like a proud new dad .

He wanted me to grow the OUTBACK Haze line out along with the Thai X MM for ages i regret not taking him up on that but was doing other things.

Great job OJD.

Ive seen pictures of some really crazy wild sativa plants in the line....quite afew plants seem to have stems with huge tricromes growing out of them....looks to have some spectacular plants in the line.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Ive seen pictures of some really crazy wild sativa plants in the line....quite afew plants seem to have stems with huge tricromes growing out of them....looks to have some spectacular plants in the line.

It dose and i know ruffly whats in it but dont want to post it will let others Like wallynolands post it up if he thinks its warranted.

TheDarkStorm

There just in early Flower Dark basically they all just sexed there in week 6 so a long way to go but happy with what i found and would not of hesitated to cull if they did not met requirements.

This is one of the males not a good pic at all but this guy leaves your fingers oily n sticky if you rub the steam he smells of sour mango strong smell for a male his a little brad leaf for my liking but only the shade leaf but has the frame so i cut him back will smoke test.The other male is tall has no real side branching again oily sticky feel from steam rub smoke test to be done may end up using both.

filedata/fetch?id=17836738&d=1617820327

Thanks hempy.....some of it looks similar to number 36 and 37....im guessing thats a seed plant...if so it will probably look abit different as a cutting and as it gets some age....yeah those oily sticky branched ones with a quite deep scent is a good sign....I would definitely test the progeny of both males...or if doing a repro you could use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.