What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cvh

Supermod
^I agree, close the thread. Put an end on 'Haze Wars'.
All is already said and endlessly repeated. The only thing happening is people publicly fighting out personal disputes.

+1 to close

Montuno

...como el Son...
Actually it seems to happen on a regular basis about once a week, the endless back 'n forth, the constant, repeated insults.

To me this could be an indication that the thread is played out, a pay-per-view dog fight where one of the dogs has already passed (RIP) but the 2 camps are still debating which dog was best and who won? :chin:

........ so maybe it's time to close this thread?

................... just sayin' :whistling:

I only follow the thread sporadically.....
But my limited logic tells me that if you are going to close this thread because it insults or disrespects, this will only be fair if the one who insults is the one who created the thread... (which I don't know).

I see much more serious what happens in the threads on politics of this forum, where I have read even one (or the maximum?) of those responsible for this forum, give publicity and endorse ideas such as racial classifications by intelligence por another "lindezas"...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I see much more serious what happens in the threads on politics of this forum........

The Speaker's Corner is 'special', a place where politics is allowed, all other forums are (ideally) free of politics and insults!

...... well, that's the idea anyhow. :bigeye:

Montuno

...como el Son...
The Speaker's Corner is 'special', a place where politics is allowed, all other forums are (ideally) free of politics and insults!

...... well, that's the idea anyhow. :bigeye:

Are you aware of how incongruous that "special" sounds ?....
Do you think that the fact that one here tells another that he is a fool for having a different opinion about the origin of the Haze, contains the same charge of real evil as if it were said to you because of your identity?....
...Those who "insult" each other here because of Haze, if they meet in the street, they smoke joints together and laugh at themselves... I don't believe that there are murders or attacks being committed or that there is violence or suffering in the world real becuse of it...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Actually it seems to happen on a regular basis about once a week, the endless back 'n forth, the constant, repeated insults.

To me this could be an indication that the thread is played out, a pay-per-view dog fight where one of the dogs has already passed (RIP) but the 2 camps are still debating which dog was best and who won? :chin:

........ so maybe it's time to close this thread?

................... just sayin' :whistling:

There be no drama if people showed some respect this thread was started because i was told that Haze lines from Nevil and any thing related to Nevil had no place in the other Haze thread so i started this thread were we who are happy to discuss both sides as equals could come and freely discuss the topic haze no matter whose Haze work it was.

We had Sam interacting also but some just have to come here and crash the party its like there mission is to derail this thread.

My question to those people is why cant they show the same respect in this thread as they do over in the other thread.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..Are you aware of how incongruous that "special" sounds ?....
Do you think that the fact that one here tells another that he is a fool for having a different opinion about the origin of the Haze, contains the same charge of real evil as if it were said to you because of your identity?....
...Those who "insult" each other here because of Haze, if they meet in the street, they smoke joints together and laugh at themselves... I don't believe that there are murders or attacks being committed or that there is violence or suffering in the world real becuse of it...

Sorry Montuno but that's a topic for the Speaker's Corner, not Marijuana Strains, etc. I'm only an ICMag Mod and have very little control over perceived conditions in the real world, whether good or bad.

All I can do is be that butterfly in SE Asia flapping its wings and sending rain to put out a fire in a thread at ICMag filled with gratuitous insults.

So please, keep politics out of this thread, and if the SC upsets you (as it upsets many!), just don't go there, thanks! :angelshug:

funkyhorse

Hopefully before the thread is erased we can get back to topic and I would like to ask a question
There have been posts from very reputable growers/breeders that haze contains thai
What do you people call thai?

I am making comparative grows because I dont have any point of reference as a new grower.
I am growing colombian strains and south east asian together with original haze
Lets see
Luang Prabang by Gypsy Nirvana
Luang Prabang fem 1 (2).jpeg
Luang Prabang fem 1 (2).jpeg

Laos by Donald Mallard
Laos fem 2.jpeg

Northern Thailand 2008 shared by DCC. This line have males that show pistils first and then the plant turns into full male. Do you consider this a feature of thai strains or you consider this way of showing sex intersex?
Northern Thailand fem 1.jpeg

I dont find any of them similar to haze but they look from the similar area and different from colombians.
I do find the way my colombian plants express themselves much closer to haze. Both CG72 and one of the colombian black lines look much like haze
I am also growing the only strain I could find from Nevil, NL5xH F3 and F4 which is very disappointing because I was not looking for a fast indica expression ready at 75 days average but I wanted the long flowering phenos which seem not to be commercial

There are good sativas and bad sativas. There are good indicas and bad indicas. This NL5xH 91' F4 is an interesting indica with very special organoleptic properties. Now I can tell that the smells I am getting from this strain smells close to Seedsman Haze, this Seedsman Haze is the most incredible smelling plant I ever smelled. I never cared for smells, only for the high, but this smell is simply amazing
I just crossed it to Ohz hoping to make it more sativa
NL5xHz F4 cut
NL5xH tsc 1.jpeg

Why do you guys consider Ohz has thai in it? What do you call thai?
This is thunk. I dont consider this thai but a haze hybrid.
Thunk fem 1.jpeg

This is Thunk fem2 . This colour is what you call lime green?
Thunk fem 2.jpeg

Same like OHz x Skunk #1. This one also smells like Seedsman Haze and NL5xH. If you call this smell peppery or spicy, I dont know, but it is a very peculiar smell I dont find in any asian strain. Is this strain Titan's Haze?
Ohz x sk fem 1.jpeg

And I found this boy in the CG72 line from USC which is as resinous as MadMac Ohazes. No other sativa males I have seen with this feature so far. The picture is from a failed attempt at cloning him but you can see the resin with your naked eye
Cg72 male.jpeg

In this picture you can see Seedsman Haze, Ohz 90s and Thh12 x OHz, courtesy of MadMac.
Seedsman haze, ohz90 and thh12 x ohz.jpeg

Happy Easter everybody

Attachments

• Luang Prabang fem 1.jpeg
    Luang Prabang fem 1.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 20

LostTribe

Premium user
What some call okay others call hay.

You may of found shitty Nevil's haze but even 10 years ago Nevil's Haze was considered to be some of the strongest cannabis if not the strongest you could buy in seed and smoke hands down now not all seeds are equal in any hybrid how many seed did you run were they F1 (i believe you said from MrNice but recent stock ) and what did the plants look like ?.You have any pictures as id love to see pictures.

The morphology was similar to yours and others pics. I think there are some in my albums, not sure how to post pics from albums. Yes more recent stock, but as Nevil said Shanti had the same parent plants to work with... Maybe that was not the absolute truth.

Pure Haze as with all of the sativa's I have ran I have found that they are more earthy vs sweet and fruity. I have found one that I kept that has very fruity smells to it. Maybe they were stating hay in reference to the terpene profile vs the potency and effect?

acespicoli

Not worth the headache

picture.php

Haze thread warning first page :laughing: that post makes me laugh eveytime I read it @RoyalFlush
both Hempy and Bigherb :respect: I enjoy reading your posts knowledge and insight play on :thank you:
one of my fav threads when its haze pictures thx for starting it, sure more pics are coming !

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all just perspective what someone thinks is hay. If Hempy wants to call it hay nothing wrong there..For me, if it's unsmokable then id call it hay..

acespicoli

It's all just perspective what someone thinks is hay. If Hempy wants to call it hay nothing wrong there..For me, if it's unsmokable then id call it hay..

theres a reason why they call it grass just sayin
TH had me cracking up with that hay thing one night, some of the best highs trippy weed tasted a bit grassy to me :bump:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
According to Phylos Columbian and Jamaican are related to SE Asia ..thai, laos etc

Colombia got massive seeds from Mexico in early 1970s which was inbred with their Colombian indica according to a 1979 HT article and Mexico got it seeds from Jezuïets who were interested in the medicinal qualities and Indian traders who came to Mexico for the Habanero red peppers.
In Jamaica Cannabis was introduced by indentured labour's from Sierra Leone in 1862.

JohnnyChicago

Breeding perspective (ok = hay)
End-user perspective (ok = ok)

Grow 100 pure Hazes and compare the best one to the OK ones.
Then you will understand.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent

Hey Johnny

Could you point me to the right direction to obtain one of those magic OHaze packs that only puts out winners?

Stocktont

Veteran

Yes it’s a big difference depending if one is talking about making seeds (breeding) or if one is talking finding female clones to grow perpetual and even some difference if one is talking about growing seeds. Maybe the most looked over aspect of having these online talks about cannabis, we all grow/smoke for our own reasons. Some look for parental stock to make seeds, some look for that one in a thousand female plant and some look to find ”stable” seed stock to plant. Also what is ”the best” vary with all the different endo-cannabinoid systems and how we all want to feel when smoking. One mans dope might be the next mans rope.

...CR500AF...

Yes it’s a big difference depending if one is talking about making seeds (breeding) or if one is talking finding female clones to grow perpetual and even some difference if one is talking about growing seeds. Maybe the most looked over aspect of having these online talks about cannabis, we all grow/smoke for our own reasons. Some look for parental stock to make seeds, some look for that one in a thousand female plant and some look to find ”stable” seed stock to plant. Also what is ”the best” vary with all the different endo-cannabinoid systems and how we all want to feel when smoking. One mans dope might be the next mans rope.

:)

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Some history about Parke Davis

In fact in the early 20th century Parke Davis seed collectors introduced Indian sub-continent seed into Southern Appalachia to create Cannabis Americana of equal or greater potency to the Indian sub-continent product they were having difficulty importing due to disruption of shipping from world war one! Parke Davis collected seeds from India, Turkestan, and Nepal, and sent them back to be grown in the Blue Ridge mountains and Mexico!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts