Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub24ox7
    replied
    They stretch like no other... I torture them a little and force them to stay in solo cups for a long time. I run my veg/mom room at 22 hours on 2 off. Last time I left them in the veg room in the solo cups until they showed sex at the axil(preflower). Took like a lot of nodes before they showed then I took cuts and flower them straight away from 6 inches on.
    I just did the cultivators choice o.haze/skunk#1 x skunk#1 x o. Haze/skunk #1 this way and they were all like 3 and a half to 4 foot in solo cups before they showed sex in veg room.

Leave a comment:

• flylowgethigh
    replied
    I am planning my next run which will be Sativas. Ohaze (thanks Star Crash), and some Ace genetics. The tent won't be available for about 6 weeks, and they can have as long as they want in there after that. I can start them under a smaller light and up-pot to 10 gal bags under those lights for 3 weeks to make roots, and take them outside for 3 weeks to build up under the sun before bringing them inside to flip.

Is this a good plan, or will they be too big by the time I get them back inside?

Leave a comment:

• Hammerhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Montuno View Post

Es observable en múltiples variedades, sean de donde sean.
    En el hilo de "Tropical Seeds Company", en el subforo de " Landraces", por ejemplo, pueden verse diversas plantas de genéticas muy diferentes, mostrando esta característica...

It is observable in many varieties, no matter where they come from.
    In the "Tropical Seeds Company" thread, in the "Landraces" subforum, for example, you can see several plants of very different genetics, showing this characteristic...

Salud para tod@s!
    Sorry, I don't speak Spanish?. I'm sure there are. I can only speak on what I've seen that trait in.

Leave a comment:

• Montuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post

Yes, it's an observable trait some Hawaiian genetics carry. It is def more of a curiosity that's not seen often. This is a trait someone could isolate if they wished. I guess some might think the sap color adds quality?.
    Es observable en múltiples variedades, sean de donde sean.
    En el hilo de "Tropical Seeds Company", en el subforo de " Landraces", por ejemplo, pueden verse diversas plantas de genéticas muy diferentes, mostrando esta característica...

It is observable in many varieties, no matter where they come from.
    In the "Tropical Seeds Company" thread, in the "Landraces" subforum, for example, you can see several plants of very different genetics, showing this characteristic...

Salud para tod@s!

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied
    Sativas can be grown all over the mainland Dark places like the highland country or The GREAT DIVIDING RANGE that starts in Victoria and goes all the way to the top of the Far north in parts has shorter seasons because of snow down south so longer flowering plants wont finish.

Even in the tropics temps can get to 0c along the The GREAT DIVIDING RANGE.

Northern Part
    -In the North, The Great Dividing Range has a tropical climate thanks to it being the closest side of Australia to the equator. The tropical climate has two seasons a wet season that lasts from April to November then the dry season that lasts from May to October.

-The Wet Season brings rain yet holds the potential of causing storms and floods. The usual temperature around this time is 0C to 20C or 32F to 68F

-The Dry Season brings sun and only sun, due to the lack of rain during the dry season the northern half of the Great Dividing Range is usually in a drought. The usual temperature around this time is 20C to 40C or 68F to 104F

https://thegreatdividing.weebly.com/climate.html

Good cannabis is grown all over the mainland now some places in land close to the Great Dividing Range and further inland can get frost and even snow. The closer you are to the coast the warmer the temperatures are at night in winter.

Tasmania is a lot colder.

Leave a comment:

• TheDarkStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Donald Mallard View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=16049311.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	17857493

yea i think we have some of the highest uv levels in oz darkie ,
    definitely the most skin cancer , white fellas need to be careful up here man ,
    high altitude in the tropics can be brutal on white skin ....
    the dope likes it though .. lol ...

i added a pic of some i think its U2 from shantis rockin roll series ,
    not too leafy as you can see , grown outdoors during our winter/spring season ...
    Looks really good Donald...I seen kanga was able to get some huge buds too...he was doing really well with his mullum and his oaxacan...I know that mullum can produce some spindly buds and needs huge amounts of light to put out good bud and kanga was killing it up there with it...i was quite surprised the buds were getting so huge....they even got the f1 nevils haze to produce some masive buds up there on some of the phenotypes...some areas over there seem to be perfect for getting the best out of the plant....from what I seen the pure lowland naam black seemed to struggled abit tho..but thats usually a very fussy difficult plant that seems to favour its home conditions...but still it came out not too bad. You guys are lucky over there Donald....I wish I could live some were similar.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Mallard
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=16049311.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	17857493
    Originally posted by TheDarkStorm View Post

It sounds like were you are donald you may be getting higher levels of strong far red light and probably alot more uv. In most places away from the equatorial line ive see outdoor bud comes out with more leaves and fluffier bud. Its one of the reasons it usually fetches a lower price in most places in the world. I do know Australia has some of the highest uv levels on the planet....the same may hold true for some parts over there getting alot more far red than most places too.
    yea i think we have some of the highest uv levels in oz darkie ,
    definitely the most skin cancer , white fellas need to be careful up here man ,
    high altitude in the tropics can be brutal on white skin ....
    the dope likes it though .. lol ...

i added a pic of some i think its U2 from shantis rockin roll series ,
    not too leafy as you can see , grown outdoors during our winter/spring season ...
    Last edited by Donald Mallard; 05-14-2021, 21:51.

Leave a comment:

• TheDarkStorm
    replied
    hey hempy ,
    yes i agree in most cases indoor climate is more reliable than outdoor ,
    though I don't agree its better
    and I reject the idea that only genetics controls the end product ,
    in order to get the very best , you ideally grow things where they have become adjusted to over time ,
    you know like bananas , pineapples , papaya ,, etc grow better in warmer climates ,
    sure you can grow them outside those , and in green houses etc , but they are not quite as good ,
    I'm not making this up man , its factual ...

your reference to what you have seen indoor vs outdoor is based on the climate you grew those outdoor plants in ,
    the same will not be true in a different climate , somewhere with more intense sunshine for instance and i have not found this where i live ,
    in fact i have found the opposite , the outdoor stuff has less leaf and tastes far superior to the indoor ,
    particularly since i grow strictly organically,

your not quite seeing the complete picture because you are looking out a tiny window ,
    you are ignorant, ie lacking information or knowledge,
    you base your "opinions| on a limited knowledge base and have barely been out of your backyard to see anything different ..

ps ,, in climates like where those thai sticks came from , they are predictable ,
    its not like the climate you live in ,
    the rain finishes the same time every year ,
    its sunny and dry after that...
    we have a climate nearby me exactly the same,
    they have 300 plus sunny days a year ,
    the weather is quite predictable , it happens pretty much the same year in year out ...
    you can set your watch by it even ...
    It sounds like were you are donald you may be getting higher levels of strong far red light and probably alot more uv. In most places away from the equatorial line ive see outdoor bud comes out with more leaves and fluffier bud. Its one of the reasons it usually fetches a lower price in most places in the world. I do know Australia has some of the highest uv levels on the planet....the same may hold true for some parts over there getting alot more far red than most places too.

Leave a comment:

• Humple W.
    replied
    Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
    I'd be interested to see the how everyone feeds their OHaze. Or any of the long flowering sativas.
    I'm very interested in this as well!

Leave a comment:

• Donald Mallard
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr.Young View Post
    Unless you have a perfect season of weather, indoor is a better baseline.... Outdoor would be glorious in good season though.. I still have faith in indoor overall though, because you can drive the vpd and you don't have to deal with clouds..Theres still a lot of people that dont realize LED is good now, and a lot of people that think you cant grow sativa indoor, or indoor weed isn't as good.. Just not true at all. LEDs are amazing. Being able to light the corner of your tent just as bright as the center (with HID only 1 point of light you have strong center ppfd, and weak corner ppfd). You can do hot and humid days with intense light to drive the plants with the humidity as a safety net from burning/rushing nutes.... You can do hot humid and low light so the plants can heal and not overeat... You can do cool dry and low light so plants can soak up some food and have low light as a buffer so they don't overwork... I like to control things intuitively accordingly to the plants situation, or how they look..

At the end of the day though, all of us sativa and haze lovers gotta love each other so people get a chance to smoke real weed instead of just 50 day commercial bud.
    yea I'm pretty impressed with some of the new lights dr young ,
    leds are pretty awesome indeed ,
    lately the best sativa grows I've seen indoors were done with led lighting ,
    pretty impressive how far things have come ,
    I'm sure in time they will improve even more ..

btw I'm always dreaming of cloudless days with azure blue skies ,
    thankfully i live where i do and get to see plenty of them , hehe ..

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied
    hey hempy ,

your reference to what you have seen indoor vs outdoor is based on the climate you grew those outdoor plants in ,
    the same will not be true in a different climate , somewhere with more intense sunshine for instance and i have not found this where i live ,
    in fact i have found the opposite , the outdoor stuff has less leaf and tastes far superior to the indoor ,

your not quite seeing the complete picture because you are looking out a tiny window ,
    you base your "opinions| on a limited knowledge base and have barely been out of your backyard to see anything different ..

ps ,, in climates like where those thai sticks came from , they are predictable ,
    the weather is quite predictable , it happens pretty much the same year in year out ...
    What is wrong with you Donald were do you get off calling me ignorant and claiming i have a limited knowledge base and have barely been out of your backyard to see anything different.

What is wrong with you dude you don't no shit about me or my life experiences only an ignorant man would make a claim like that about some one they don't know.

Your full of it and full of your self i am done trying to be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Young
    replied
    Unless you have a perfect season of weather, indoor is a better baseline.... Outdoor would be glorious in good season though.. I still have faith in indoor overall though, because you can drive the vpd and you don't have to deal with clouds..Theres still a lot of people that dont realize LED is good now, and a lot of people that think you cant grow sativa indoor, or indoor weed isn't as good.. Just not true at all. LEDs are amazing. Being able to light the corner of your tent just as bright as the center (with HID only 1 point of light you have strong center ppfd, and weak corner ppfd). You can do hot and humid days with intense light to drive the plants with the humidity as a safety net from burning/rushing nutes.... You can do hot humid and low light so the plants can heal and not overeat... You can do cool dry and low light so plants can soak up some food and have low light as a buffer so they don't overwork... I like to control things intuitively accordingly to the plants situation, or how they look..

At the end of the day though, all of us sativa and haze lovers gotta love each other so people get a chance to smoke real weed instead of just 50 day commercial bud.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Mallard
    replied
    hey hempy ,
    yes i agree in most cases indoor climate is more reliable than outdoor ,
    though I don't agree its better
    and I reject the idea that only genetics controls the end product ,
    in order to get the very best , you ideally grow things where they have become adjusted to over time ,
    you know like bananas , pineapples , papaya ,, etc grow better in warmer climates ,
    sure you can grow them outside those , and in green houses etc , but they are not quite as good ,
    I'm not making this up man , its factual ...

Last edited by Donald Mallard; 05-14-2021, 07:23.

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied

;hempy , yes I know you have grown outdoors ,
    I wonder if by july and august , its likely quite cold where you live , during the days ...
    I wish you had some pictures to share of those grows ,
    but we were referring to finishing times where I live vs your indoor grow ,
    do you mind me asking how long your thai takes to flower indoors from seed ??

it does seem like its a longer period of flower indoor vs outdoor due to as mentioned the natural elements coming into play ,
    cooler , dryer , sun at a different arc ,, etc ...
    we don't tend to mimic those things indoors , and I ponder that and the spectrum is what makes things take longer ,
    and sometimes they seem to keep growing and never finish ...
    It is cold by July August here but we don't get frost and day temps are still warm for winter compared to many places so plants do fine frost is whats going to do the damage not a drop of temps at night.

You do realize that plants use only a small amount of the suns spectrum and light then you have other environmental conditions to deal with from soil conditions to pests and weather growing out doors is not the perfect environment as you make it out Donald.

Every out door grow has issues some years more so than the next yes out doors if legal would be aPreferred option but you could then plant plants with you cannabis as natural pest control you could throw up shade cloth to reduce damage from heavy rain and storms.

But most are not legal and grow indoors and achieve outstanding quality and yields consistently.

Indoor or out should play no roll in the quality of smoke Donald it comes down to genetics have you ever ran the same clones of different plants indoors and out to compere i have trust me no difference in smoke oddly indoors produces a less leafy flower and a more tasty smoke than outdoors you should try it.

What determines flowering is genetics.

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Why would people except testing a long flowering type only to say it's taking too long. Makes no sense to me. There's no point in testing plants that are long flowering if you can't wait. There is a requirement when people accept testing. if anyone gave me that excuses they wouldn't be testing again.
    One would think that but most cull long flowering plants and call them impractical people call any thing over 16 or even 12 weeks impractical i call them sativas or sativa leaning hybrids.

Shanti was the first person to allow people to test genetics he planed on releasing i even saw people not even report back after receiving the seed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X