What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostTribe

Premium user
I've been out sick for nearly a week. Thought I screwed the cure on my haze's. Turns out I got the corona shit and it nearly instantly destroyed my olfactory capabilities then it went completely down hill from there! Opened a couple jars and absolutely no scent, none whatsoever. Tried a smoke and then it hit me. Hope the cure didnt get screwed in the process. Atleast its nice looking. Scared to smoke one until I can go a few days without chest pains.

Piff_cat

Not seen any progress in the last 2 years in this thread? Are you sure you are speaking of Haze?

OH has been tested high THC.
1.26% CBG
Linalool very low.
Myrcene highest.

I didn't mean no breeding progress I have a ton of respect for work you've done. I'm referring to breeding targets. If you understand what makes the haze magic then you can proactively try to improve it. Mycerene over .5 percent creates couchlock . Under .5 does not. Mycerene is a terpene hydrocarbon which is much less volatile then oxygenated terpene. It is the #1 most correlated to bld or indica

Piff_cat

I'd want to see both ohaze and Nev's tested side by side by the same company. Throw in Tom's haze too.

If they really have that different terpene profiles it makes me think only the one branded as original haze was pure Colombian and the other lines had more of the Thai blood. We need those tests!

The real question is what was colombian before it was colombian? Did it come from Africa, India, Thailand or pacific side like Phillipines? We know parker Davis brought bunch of stuff therr in 20s but what about rest of it? Caribbean Cortez and the Spanish? All we really know is it's not indigenous

Sub24ox7

I've been out sick for nearly a week. Thought I screwed the cure on my haze's. Turns out I got the corona shit and it nearly instantly destroyed my olfactory capabilities then it went completely down hill from there! Opened a couple jars and absolutely no scent, none whatsoever. Tried a smoke and then it hit me. Hope the cure didnt get screwed in the process. Atleast its nice looking. Scared to smoke one until I can go a few days without chest pains.

Cbda and cbga have been recently shown to help prevent COVID. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...boratory-study

hope you feel better and can smell better soon. ✌️
i got vaccinated and boosted... as far as I know I have yet to get it. I guess I could have been asymptomatic. Anyway back to haze.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Last weekend we were in the studio doing some mixing work, i only brought some original haze buds for me and my buddy...
Not yet cured(1 month only), it smoked smooth and nice, a bit sharp on the throat but manageable.
The effect was almost instant, mild at first, started creeping and rising the highness over half hour. We were in a state of bliss and happyness with a hint of speed increase, compared to almost any other smoke.
A guy who was not smoking said the herb seemed kind of sharp, ithink this is the way most couch lovers identify a sativa vibe
Pulse was increased so we finished the work earlier than expected, we previously smoked hybrids and got lazier with every toke. Not with haze, it keeps you active even when sitting down :)
The smell was of frankincense and slight mint sharpness, a kind of medicinal vibe to her.

Cheers

What do you like to play, Koon?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I'm growing the seeds i made with the fast flowering male atm,the OTH is dominant,i see a lot of stretch,increased flowering time and the smell is more on the haze side right now.
Flower structure and resin coverage also improved.
I crossed the same mothers to the other male because i want to build several lines,i did kind of an open pollination with males and females of both the strains putting a mark on each pollinated bud just to know who are the parents.
Anyway back to pure haze...

Yeah OTH is very dominant.

RingtailCanyon

Hello friends,

Trichonaut reporting for haze duties. Nice to meet you all.

I'm going to start by sharing some pics from a recent Todd's reproduction release of o haze. I will be back to fill in on my thoughts later. now to see if I can figure out the pics...

These look great. Welcome! What are the aromas and flower times?

harvestreaper

Veteran
The real question is what was colombian before it was colombian? Did it come from Africa, India, Thailand or pacific side like Phillipines? We know parker Davis brought bunch of stuff therr in 20s but what about rest of it? Caribbean Cortez and the Spanish? All we really know is it's not indigenous

lots of africans taken there ,,,same as places like oaxaca,,,but pre european cultutres the mind boggles

harvestreaper

Veteran
Every single person has stood on the shoulders of those that have come before them .

What Nevil did no others did before or after him.

He started the cannabis seed industry and spread quality seed all over the world and for that he ended up with a price on his head.

Nevil went about collecting genetics.

He focused on breeding lines for indoor growers.

He cleaned lines up.

He did a lot.

What he also did that few have is share his methods.

no one can ever take the huge splash nevil made away nor should they want to imo credit to all were due ,hes a huge name and rightly so ,,,,but man it was nl an sk that started the indoor game,, i knew of haze sk an nl before i knew of nevill i first new of nevil with his nl5 x haze cross which was epic great stuff but no were near as successful or influential on the indoor growing scene as sk and nl ,,just ask any uk /euro growers from that time

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Yes Im growing right now NLxHaze which is old cut that come from NL5xHaze seeds F1 original first relise.....its Haze smelling,with very ''Hazy'' high but flower around 9-10 weeks....

I see now why this strain made so much popularity in 1990's

Its strong as fuck,smell/taste like Haze,grow and yild like Indica(NL).....
what the average grower would want more than that. ????

Ncali

Veteran
Cbda and cbga have been recently shown to help prevent COVID. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...boratory-study

hope you feel better and can smell better soon. ✌️
i got vaccinated and boosted... as far as I know I have yet to get it. I guess I could have been asymptomatic. Anyway back to haze.

hey uh, at heroic doses it does do that. like insane 8GRAM doses. not mg. Grams cbga.

not really practical medicine imo.

not trying to shit on you sub, just this info getting passed around a lot rn.

feel better LT, get those lungs rested.

Ncali

Veteran
You guys crack me up , always talking about the Neville fans but man you guys cant get up Sams ass anymore, so much and its clear for anyone to see who made more of an impact on our scene.

Where is the famous sk1 the last 20 years ? , or any legendary O Haze in clone form .
why is it that Neville's Genetics have been kept alive for over 30 years ? , because they were that good !.
Where is Sam O Haze cut ? , there isn't 1.
Sam didn't make Haze at all and any real breeder would know skunk 1 was a pheno of afghan or whatever dominated the X , and same didn't pull it out his hat , it was already made and Sam made seeds like any other breeder and used afghan or whatever with it and Sk1 was born , but if so good where it been the last 25 years ?.

Neville not a breeder 😂
But sam is because he brought O Haze seeds to Holland and created Sk1 , thank those Afghans or whatever region who the seed came from that made most of the old famous strains .
so much Double standards with the Sam fan club .
Sam made seed from landrace seed , Neville made seeds from his , and so on etc etc.

The Grail strains of our world are still alive today , cuts all over the world that are 30 years old but no O Haze clones or Sk1 were kept from the early years ?, because people surpassed those strains and only kept the best.
Neville come along and blew O Haze and Sk1 out the water and or the old strains declined into hay/hemp every year or new reproduction .

Such a shame how this place is moderated these days , moderators( Donald) can do whatever you want , say whatever you like , ban anyone, delete post just because you want to.
​​​​Miss the good old days when oldpink and clarence were running the show.
People wonder why its so quiet around here these days its turning into other websites and far from the old icmag.com.

Sup ojd!!

I think sk1 is fucking everywhere right now, specifically sk1 x afghan or afghan xsk1... they just calling it different names.... desert tray stuff...

Purely conjecture on my part.

Haze will be the new cookies of 2022. But there been the real heads, yourself included, who been right there haze head all along. Growing the magical vine. Much love!

Haze on

NC

GoatCheese

Veteran
hey uh, at heroic doses it does do that. like insane 8GRAM doses. not mg. Grams cbga.

not really practical medicine imo.

not trying to shit on you sub, just this info getting passed around a lot rn.

feel better LT, get those lungs rested.

Do you have any personal experiences with CBD-rich cannabis and pneumonia/corona virus or are you one of those people who only have an opinion? Internet is full of bro-scientists who have strong opinions about shit they know nothing about personally.

I had pneumonia from what i believe was some type of corona virus in late 2017 and few bong hits with CBD rich cannabis really made my lungs feel much better:
Strong CBD/THC to help with symptoms of Pneumonia (and Coronavirus?)
https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-abo...nd-coronavirus

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ojd …wtf? do you have one single thing to say that’s positive about anything? Every single one of your posts just absolutely reeks of anger & resentment & bitterness …it’s depressing to constantly read it…You seem like such an unhappy character…Im sure from your posts that you were close personal friends in real life with Nevil, so that must be why you feel the way you do…Sucks when you lose a friend and you feel that other people are talking shit about him, but still…

harvestreaper

Veteran
never fear hazers whilst we may differ in opinion the truth will never change ,,no nev vs sam here i see them both as to who they are ,,,if my words offended anyone no need to ask moderation its hempys thread he only has to ask and i will leave no trouble no fuss please forgive my lack of the drama gene ,,

GoatCheese

Veteran
Half the people posting the last few weeks need to grow a thicker skin. Or is it Haze that makes such sissies out of people.
Every f-ing thing some of you people don’t agree with or it was in a tone you don’t like is “bad vibes”or what ever hippie horse shit.
It’s almost WW3 in Ukraine and you bitches complain about “bad vibes” on daily basis on some internet forum. It’s a ruff world boys.

Harden the fuck up.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s not a competition here either .. it’s about growing haze …Past is the past and the future is the future …for crying out loud:woohoo::)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Half the people posting the last few weeks need to grow a thicker skin. Or is it Haze that makes such sissies out of people.
Every f-ing thing some of you people don’t agree with or it was in a tone you don’t like is “bad vibes”or what ever hippie horse shit.
It’s almost WW3 in Ukraine and you bitches complain about “bad vibes” on daily basis on some internet forum. It’s a ruff world boys.

Harden the fuck up.

Are you talking to me?

harvestreaper

Veteran
Yes Im growing right now NLxHaze which is old cut that come from NL5xHaze seeds F1 original first relise.....its Haze smelling,with very ''Hazy'' high but flower around 9-10 weeks....

I see now why this strain made so much popularity in 1990's

Its strong as fuck,smell/taste like Haze,grow and yild like Indica(NL).....
what the average grower would want more than that. ????

the old cut we had went 12/13 week very haze dom it would take off like a rocket in flo people would buy cuts be warned an still fuck them up frequently by letting them get the same height as an indica dom plant in veg ,, rembemer early days here in uk few knew what they were doing a few could get the best out of her and make money best were in rockwool tables that i saw but most didnt grow her for money it was all sk1 nl crosses even tho the nl5 xhaze was superior smoke ..i have a 90s inbredline nl5 x haze now nl dom 10 weeker and its nothing like the old cut in any way shape or form maybe a cross to pure haze might bring it closer,,,the nl5 haze was some of best weed you could get back then i know i would brag taunt an challenge anyone to bring me better in those years ...no one did for a long time lol but it wernt popular with commercial growers at all just small percent grew it its rep came from its quality /power etc

Status
Not open for further replies.