What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

woogieboogie

Dude...I understand clearly exactly what some is asking in that passage..and nevils reply.....its actually correct......why would you see 1/3 females and 2/3 males from a female reversed onto a female....you should only see fem seeds...no males

if he was just replying to the top line then ok, but the second one was -

Mark:
I've asked everyone who I believe has selfed males about the phenotypes expressed therein...none would answer me even in private. I suspect the YY's don't germinate and they see a 1/3 females and 2/3rds male ratios...

funkyhorse

Nevil x SamS
Unvigorous NL5xH 91 F3 from TSCo I made F4 and the girl from the repro was crossed with Seedsman Hz x Golli Hz males and I got these lucky girls with some vigour back
The girls from the F4 batch I received from the bank and crossed with the same males are much wider leaf than the girls from the F3/F4 cross
If this lucky stuff is any decent it will not be kept as cut and it wont make the world headlines, it will just be smoked until the last bud and then search and renew the ganja cellar with something else.
Instead of Legalize it the song should say Sativize it

NL5xH91 x Seedsman Hz.jpeg

TheDarkStorm

or there weren't any

Dude ive seen bc sold in big quantity of bud back in the day....aswell as numerous haze crosses in seed form that some people have never heard of....what you believe is up to you...I dont have nothing to gain by lying as most of the stuff is now gone so no current gain to be made by it. You can ask shanti about nevils 80's seeds..including hazeC reversed ...think he had the seeds for that aswell

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I dont get this Sam vs Nevil thing and never have.

Every single one of us growing cannabis today are standing on the shoulders of people that came before us as did Sam as did Nevil and as has every one in each generation before them to.

Nevil's early work is not lost its been grown by people all over the world still many years after seed was either bought from Harland or bought by making a postal order.

Some people get seed and grow them out and move onto the next strain others grow them out select make seed and work that strain for generations.

I have smoked and seen NL and offered seed that had been inbreed 14 generations here.

I my self have things that are decades old that are Nevil's work.

People out there with old lines from sacred seeds still to.

People need to focus more on what we plan on leaving the next generation than what people may or may not of done almost 40 years ago that had nothing to do with any of us.

acespicoli

I dont get this Sam vs Nevil thing and never have.

Every single one of us growing cannabis today are standing on the shoulders of people that came before us as did Sam as did Nevil and as has every one in each generation before them to.

Nevil's early work is not lost its been grown by people all over the world still many years after seed was either bought from Harland or bought by making a postal order.

Some people get seed and grow them out and move onto the next strain others grow them out select make seed and work that strain for generations.

I have smoked and seen NL and offered seed that had been inbreed 14 generations here.

I my self have things that are decades old that are Nevil's work.

People out there with old lines from sacred seeds still to.

People need to focus more on what we plan on leaving the next generation than what people may or may not of done almost 40 years ago that had nothing to do with any of us.

well said, HEMPY spread the love, allow Nevil to RIP:huggy:
This younger generation must have respect for the old school players

her·it·age
noun: heritage;
    property that is or may be inherited; an inheritance.
1 Timothy 6:10
King James Version
[SUP]10 [/SUP]For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after,
they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Donald.... You seem to be super narrow focused on that one thing and missing the big picture... Yeah he only had a few pure haze males..... but he sifted hundreds and thousands of its progeny to find the real keeper, and yes it was improved..... Sam will agree with that..... Anything haze males touch get better in his, and everyones words.... He did the best you can do... You find the best female you can pollinate..... thats 1 achievement... Then you sift the progeny to find something special... He did that... 2 achievements.. Then he shared it with everyone thats 3 achievements... Then he made sure it stuck around FOR DECADES... thats 4 achievements... He spent half of his life so we could sit around and be spoiled brats complaining about ifs or buts..... Just sit back, breathe, and give thanks to any and all creators man..... You love haze, the rest is just bullshit and nit picking.... You are arguing with people that agree with you, and love haze, but phrase things to your displeasure, and arguing with people that dont agree with you at all, and dont like haze or you at all..... It all comes down to miscommunication, perception, and turn of phrase.....

Lets all just take a moment to state what we are grateful for in our lives.....
Im grateful i had a chance to smell, smoke, and feel plants special as haze that give me hope for the future, joy in the moment, and give me the fire to keep going so I can see, smell, and taste that fine woody incensey goodness again.... I'm grateful that there is hope the plant will be legal soon, and I can grow without fear. Ive spent almost 2 decades now for the most part not growing because of shitty oppression, poverty, and lack of circumstances to grow....... I spent most of the time only being able to read, and collect seeds to comfort the pain of not being able to grow which has truly deeply hurt my soul if not for you guys..... This haze plant is so special that Ive lived off hopes, dreams, and inspiration for the majority of this time..... Ive spent tens of thousands of hours on this site reading the written words of the people here experiencing their live's ups, and downs alongside this plant....

I love all of yall, and I just want to grow this plant, and share and smoke with yall..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Donald.... You seem to be super narrow focused on that one thing and missing the big picture... Yeah he only had a few pure haze males..... but he sifted hundreds and thousands of its progeny to find the real keeper, and yes it was improved..... Sam will agree with that..... Anything haze males touch get better in his, and everyones words.... He did the best you can do... You find the best female you can pollinate..... thats 1 achievement... Then you sift the progeny to find something special... He did that... 2 achievements.. Then he shared it with everyone thats 3 achievements... Then he made sure it stuck around FOR DECADES... thats 4 achievements... He spent half of his life so we could sit around and be spoiled brats complaining about ifs or buts..... Just sit back, breathe, and give thanks to any and all creators man..... You love haze, the rest is just bullshit and nit picking.... You are arguing with people that agree with you, and love haze, but phrase things to your displeasure, and arguing with people that dont agree with you at all, and dont like haze or you at all..... It all comes down to miscommunication, perception, and turn of phrase.....

Lets all just take a moment to state what we are grateful for in our lives.....
Im grateful i had a chance to smell, smoke, and feel plants special as haze that give me hope for the future, joy in the moment, and give me the fire to keep going so I can see, smell, and taste that fine woody incensey goodness again.... I'm grateful that there is hope the plant will be legal soon, and I can grow without fear. Ive spent almost 2 decades now for the most part not growing because of shitty oppression, poverty, and lack of circumstances to grow....... I spent most of the time only being able to read, and collect seeds to comfort the pain of not being able to grow which has truly deeply hurt my soul if not for you guys..... This haze plant is so special that Ive lived off hopes, dreams, and inspiration for the majority of this time..... Ive spent tens of thousands of hours on this site reading the written words of the people here experiencing their live's ups, and downs alongside this plant....

I love all of yall, and I just want to grow this plant, and share and smoke with yall..

not sure how you got that from what i said ,
that wasnt the focus of my post ,

if you read again you ll see i was trying to point out that good pot
doesnt always fall into hands of folks who are going to breed with it , or save it , or share it ,(that was the conversation i was having with ojd)
and that it was a good thing those haze seeds fell into nevils hands because we were able to try it ,
because he bred with it and sent it all over the place ..

but that doesnt always happen does it??
do you think there has never been anything equal to what he found in those seeds?
its quite likely the same , or even better has been seen , but it never went anywhere ,
because it never fell into the "right" hands ,
ojd said millions of seeds were grown and nothing equaled what nevil found,
i disagreed because there is a chance he was wrong but we just never saw all the others ...

you were either reading too far into something ,
or not enough ,

sometimes its best to read the few posts that came before also to accurately see the context ...
you totally missed it and went off on some tangent thinking i was attacking nevil and you had to rush to his defense,
but thats not how it was at all ....

and no , he didnt shift through hundreds of thousands of haze plants dr,
he had about 7 from the original seeds ,
he used 2 of them ,, thats what we are sampling from ,
original haze was not improved by him , it was seeds that came directly from the guy before him...
as i said he didnt start with a turd and polish it into a gold nugget ....
nevil knew to start with the best he could get and try to make something as good or better ,
i admire that, and his achievements but as hempy put it , he was standing on the shoulders of those before him...

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
My bad brother Donald, I might of got you mixed up with someone else. Dont think I don't respect you as one of my favorite people here. You are one of the true ganja veterans .. I was talking about a part where it was said that Nevil didnt improve Haze, or something along those lines. Which Sam himself says that haze improves everything it touches, and is always better than the parents... because its basically tired genetics that needs diversity to bring back vitality to the line... . Haze is like pepper, its not very special by itself but with some chicken its amazing. Its not that chicken improves pepper , but pepper definitely improves chicken .....

Nev haze is basically Haze 2.0.... A lot of people look at it like its a hybrid and way more indica than it actually is.... Its just a Haze Bx to fix the vigor, and inbred faults... I would take Nev Haze seeds over 90% of the stuff out today.... Ive tried to essentially only get sativa, and landrace seeds gifted to me, and Nev Haze has always been one of the strains I desired the most, and have never been gifted... I really wish I had a few hundred of them to sift through...
I dunno lol, its all about phrasing.. A lot of us in this haze conversation are agreeing with each other, and just phrasing things either wrong, or in a way others dont understand or like.... but at the end of the day we all love haze.....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
no worries dr ,
i hope i didnt come off a bit harsh with you ,
sometimes just the written word doesnt convey feelings the way the person wants ,
essentially i agree with what you have said too ,
i have grown some nevils haze that was about as potent as you would want , need,
it wasnt that pleasant really ,, i wouldnt be reaching for it too often ,
but for a bit of fun and to rip your socks off , it was perfect ,
great to share with the friend that says sativa never does anything for them too .... lol ...

i much preferred the high from c5 and mango haze to be honest ,
i like that head buzz , euphoric kinda high ,
that stuff is hard to beat imho ...

Bnyest

i have grown some nevils haze that was about as potent as you would want , need,
it wasnt that pleasant really ,, i wouldnt be reaching for it too often ,
but for a bit of fun and to rip your socks off , it was perfect ,
great to share with the friend that says sativa never does anything for them too .... lol

NH is one of the darkest strains ever made. It can take you places you don’t want to go lol

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
NH is one of the darkest strains ever made. It can take you places you don’t want to go lol

I wouldn't call it a dark strain. Nevil's Haze is just a very potent line as haze is meant to be.

The first time i smoked Nevil's Haze it reminded me of the old Mullumbimbi madness first thought that came to me as the high started to build.

I have also found plants in the Mango Haze test seed (they had the Sk x HzA as the father were the released version of Mango Haze has the Sk x HzC dad ) As strong as Nevil's Haze.

You can find as strong with luck in 50% Haze .

harvestreaper

Veteran
I wouldn't call it a dark strain. Nevil's Haze is just a very potent line as haze is meant to be.

The first time i smoked Nevil's Haze it reminded me of the old Mullumbimbi madness first thought that came to me as the high started to build.

I have also found plants in the Mango Haze test seed (they had the Sk x HzA as the father were the released version of Mango Haze has the Sk x HzC dad ) As strong as Nevil's Haze.

You can find as strong with luck in 50% Haze .

one thing i remember about neviles stuff is it would hit you in the chest,,, n the heart ,,that kinda effect can get many paranoid lol

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
one thing i remember about neviles stuff is it would hit you in the chest,,, n the heart ,,that kinda effect can get many paranoid lol

Just like edibles do to a lot of people. The physical effects alone can make it a bad trip. I used to dabble a bit with C99 in the past. Same thing, and the cold high to go with it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I found 3 main types of affects in Nevil's Haze work.

One i call the Thai high that is a racy electric high that can be best described as a roller coaster ride. It comes at you in waves and many hours after it starts and you start to think the rides over it comes at you even harder leaving you best described as rattled.

The other high is what i call the Colombian high that smacks you in the face like a blow from Mike Tyson. You get a massive rush intense noid feeling comes over you as it starts to come on hard and then after a while settles a little to a real strong high.

Then you have what i call the euphoric type high but i wouldn't call it a social high but more a high that has you almost floating.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found 3 main types of affects in Nevil's Haze work.

One i call the Thai high that is a racy electric high that can be best described as a roller coaster ride. It comes at you in waves and many hours after it starts and you start to think the rides over it comes at you even harder leaving you best described as rattled.

The other high is what i call the Colombian high that smacks you in the face like a blow from Mike Tyson. You get a massive rush intense noid feeling comes over you as it starts to come on hard and then after a while settles a little to a real strong high.

Then you have what i call the euphoric type high but i wouldn't call it a social high but more a high that has you almost floating.

I like your post hempy :)

Euphoric type ...THH P1 f x kaiki's Panama cut/my inbred colombian m :)

1637546980139.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nice looking flower Raco my favorite of the Haze affects is the Electric high but i do like also like the Euphoric type a lot to.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Is this bitching about nev & sam going to stop, this use to be a great thread, but it's just a downer reading all the shit nowadays.Arguing back n forth over shit thats 40 years old for fcks sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.