What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quality comes down to the smoke its either good or its not.

Haze is a hybrid and even if its been inbreed like Johnny has done with it its still a hybrid.

Look at Nevil's Haze then look at THH then look at OHaze and then look at Todd's Haze similar but different.

I went with Nevil's Haze 20 plus years ago others went with OHaze others went with Toms years ago. Now you can add Todd's to the list.

Years ago people were finding exceptional plants in the OHaze as they were in NH and THH.

If people did not find exceptional plants no one would be buying Haze seed decades later.

Nice looking male by the way Hammer

I don't question anyone's opinion on quality. What you think smokes well could be garbage to another. Your opinion is not the same as others.

I must have shitty luck than. So far I cant find quality plants in haze alone. In my haze hybrids that is a different story. Plenty of high quality plants found. Lets see what pops up when I grow these THH X p41 seeds same with OH X p41. IMO I think they will be far superior .

Koondense

Veteran
Good=i like it
Bad=i dislike it
It's purely subjective so it's a matter of opinion(qualitative property).
Otherwise we need lab results(quantitative property) but still that won't make me like something I dislike even if its numbers suggest some quality.

Cheers

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Liking or disliking the affect of a strain is very different to it being good or poor quality.

Its ether strong or its not that has nothing to do with the type of affect it gives you.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has nothing to do with opinions Hammer its ether good or its not.

lol, that is where your problem lies. to you only what you think matters. Life doesn't work that way dude. What you perceive as strong isn't the same for anothers. You can't seem to grasp that.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
In my circle "strong" is definitely an opinion.
what one of my friends thinks is "good" another thinks it's the strongest bud he's ever had.
The quantum kush I grew last time looked spectacular, but when I passed it out people said it was "okay", but my uncle is saying it's the strongest weed he's ever smoked in his 35 years of smoking. I like it, but it's far from the best.
Lately I've been getting highest off of my haze crosses. Like out of the ordinary high. But to my wife it's just regular bud.
Everyone I talk to has a different opinion on what the strongest cultivar actually is.

...CR500AF...

A good plant has everything good potency,taste smell and a good cup of coffee lol, a strong plant has it's time and place (sometimes you just need to get high) just not always my fav hash or oil to go to...:)

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
lol, that is where your problem lies. to you only what you think matters. Life doesn't work that way dude. What you perceive as strong isn't the same for anothers. You can't seem to grasp that.

I dont have a problem Hammer but all i keep hearing is excuses.

Its strong or it is not potency has nothing to do with the type of high or stone a plant has.

If a person has a high tolerance a good haze will sort them out.

You dont need to insult people hammer to get your point across.

Your at 70 days of flower that's what 5 weeks ? , Most haze dont even show sex yet and your pre determining if a plants good or not with out it even close to finishing not even a clairvoyant has that ability..

herbgreen

Veteran
I know what you mean hempy there's always a pecking order and there's always one that rises to the top

That is within the context of the collection and time of cure etc etc

There is always #1

And I would also say its not subjective

It is what it is by experience and by context of individual collections

It depends what youre into some are looking for Indys and some Sativa

Once you get the reference point and the experience Then you will know....The light will go on And you will know it!

Its Individual but not subjective

Its because every sativa head with that experience and that collection And that knowledge would come to the same conclusion given same choices

Its a stretch hempy but I know what youre saying...............You inspire Arguments BTW:biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont have a problem Hammer but all i keep hearing is excuses.

Its strong or it is not potency has nothing to do with the type of high or stone a plant has.

If a person has a high tolerance a good haze will sort them out.

You dont need to insult people hammer to get your point across.

Your at 70 days of flower that's what 5 weeks ? , Most haze dont even show sex yet and your pre determining if a plants good or not with out it even close to finishing not even a clairvoyant has that ability..

Only in your mind Hempy lol. If you are reading insults my apologies. It can be hard to get you to understand most things. We all don't think like you. Someday you will realize this.

I know what you mean hempy there's always a pecking order and there's always one that rises to the top

That is within the context of the collection and time of cure etc etc

There is always a .... #1

And I would also say its not subjective

It is what it is by experience and by context of individual collections

It depends what youre into some are looking for Indys and some Sativa

Once you get the reference point and the experience Then you will know....The light will go on And you will know it!

Its Individual but not subjective

Its because every sativa head with that experience and that collection And that knowledge would come to the same conclusion given same choices

Its a stretch hempy but I know what youre saying...............You inspire Arguments BTW:biggrin:

Ea of us can have a subjective opinion on anything. Doesn't matter what we grow. If I like something Sativa/Indica others might not.. No wonder there is such a huge disagreement on almost everything today when we can't even agree on what something means. I've given up trying to explain it.. Those that know, know. Let's get back to what really matters Haze.

Subjective Definition
based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is the dictionary definition. Today people make up their own lol.

THH, Im starting to like this structure. The more she fills in the better. I did do a bit of pruning on the tops to keep the mall even.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1540.JPG Views:	0 Size:	198.5 KB ID:	17968822

I thinned out all the bottom branches I found this seed in one of the branches I cut off. Looks viable ?. Ill let it dry for a few eeks and try to germ it. I see a bunch on 1 THH.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1544.JPG Views:	1 Size:	226.6 KB ID:	17968835

clearheaded

The Father passes on the Y chromosome without recombination, the DNA on that chromosome provides a genetic history of a males paternal ancestral line.

One X comes from the mother one X comes from the father.

this may be true for animals, but remember, cannabis produces all males all females and plants with BOTH sexes. anyhoo, point was that there are STRONGER reasons to use a sativa male than inheritance. would be cool if chimera would chime in drop some knowledge for us. but Sam stating genetics from male or female never produced a strong case for varied inheritance is enough for me.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
this may be true for animals, but remember, cannabis produces all males all females and plants with BOTH sexes. anyhoo, point was that there are STRONGER reasons to use a sativa male than inheritance. would be cool if chimera would chime in drop some knowledge for us. but Sam stating genetics from male or female never produced a strong case for varied inheritance is enough for me.

This is true for plants also look up mandel

In 1865, Mendel presented the results of his experiments with nearly 30,000 pea plants to the local Natural History Society. He demonstrated that traits are transmitted faithfully from parents to offspring independently of other traits and in dominant and recessive patterns.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
When I bought Haze hybrid seeds I was always looking for that haze incense smell. The only seeds I found it in were some Cal-Jax I bought from Seedbay back in 2006. There wasn't many of these made and alot fewer grown out. I couldn't get into my old gallery, but, found some pics I had put up back then. I made f2s but have never grown them out. The plants were really low yielding. Besides the incense haze pheno there was a citrusy-piney pheno also that was a real low yielder. Either Tom Hill made the cross or HTC Bub did. Never could get an answer. The cross consisted of Deep Chunk x Haze x Pine Tar Kush. Deep Chunk x Haze may be Tule Fog by Tom Hill. Straight up incense haze smell burning and not burning.

Attachments

• photo2079971.jpg
    photo2079971.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2079972.jpg
    photo2079972.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 12
  • photo2079974.jpg
    photo2079974.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 16

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
If you are looking for haze hybrids with strong old school haze terps, incense and camphor and menthol etc..look at chimera's incense haze crosses, the haze hybrid used in those crosses is very dominant, even in crosses I've made with the hazes daughters from chi's seeds, the haze blood runs strong! Haze x ISS and Haze x Jack haze those haze terps you are looking for, not frankincense incense terps but that unmistakable haze you smell in blue dream and other haze hybrids..Sandlewood, camphor and citrus and spice and real exotic like....

...CR500AF...

I read in chimera's forum from his stock at that time, it has not been easy to find the incense if anybody did, but this was a year or two ago...just saying.

goingrey

Chimera actually talks about this on his interview on The Pot Cast. How I understood it was that in his opinion using xy male plants does not provide any benefit when breeding for drug cannabis. But I don't want to put words in his mouth, please have a listen to hear it straight from him. It's on part two of his interview (episode 55.33) at around 32 minutes).

Of course, whether or not using an xy male provides any benefit over making feminized seeds is a different question than whether or not which one you choose as the pollen donor when breeding a hybrid with two cultivars makes any difference. Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that it does. And while it might not seem to make sense based on Mendelian inheritance logic alone, various non-Mendelian inheritance patterns have been identified (in general that is, not sure how much this has been studied in cannabis).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts