What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoatCheese

Veteran
NL1 was the only good pure Afghani male so it was C male x NL1 male...nice breeding boiz...
it is very difficult for the human body to lie. If you see that someone is writing contradictory and that his statements do not match the statements from before, he is a simple liar.

Thick as ... aren’t you, Rosey. The NL1 line Nevil got from States was a batch of seeds. I’m sure those had females in them too, what do you think, genius.
You seemingly understand written english as well as you write it, Astro.

but im done....
That’s so you, Rosemary Incense/Astro THC/CANNATORIUM
Now, why don’t you delete the account AGAIN, open a new one in few months and come back with the same shitty attitude, the same shitty english and the same typos ...shure, shure, shure you will.:biglaugh:

EDIT:
These aren’t tomatoes..
I live in a small one room apartment, yet i go thru hundreds of seeds when i start. Imagine if i had as big of a grow room as you do, i’d go thru thousands.. 10-pack at a time is what you are, aren’t you? You talk big but play with very little.

fetch?photoid=17559272.jpg
fetch?photoid=17559273.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At what point do you call it when plants don't show any traits you like.. How long does it take for these traits to express?. Should these be observable after 70 days of flower?.. If not d you cull them or wait longer?.

GoatCheese

Veteran
At what point do you call it when plants don't show any traits you like.. How long does it take for these traits to express?. Should these be observable after 70 days of flower?.. If not d you cull them or wait longer?.

It all depends on the line how fast you can cull them.
BLD x NLD hybrids show very early on which side they are leaning. BLD x BLD or NLD x NLD would be more difficult to judge.
For my CBD-plant project pictured above, in which i’m looking for the more BLD leaning plants, males in my case, the first ones to go i can cull them about 10 days after dropping them into soil/glass of water, so quite fast.

Here are few NLD vs. BLD leaning seedlings out of those seeds. about 10 days old

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17468598.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.2 KB ID:	17965677

Aroma profiles start to form few week after germination, you don’t have to flower them to get some idea how they smell, but the aroma keeps developing to atleast 7 weeks+ after germination. Ofcourse this doesn’t give you an accurate picture, but you can get an idea of the aroma profile while they’re still vegging and you can cull the ones you don’t like.

I don’t throw away anything i’m not 100% sure of but once i’m sure i cull them away as fast as i can so i’ll have room to plant more seeds. I took about 3 months for me to go thru 500 seeds in couple of small cabs measuring about 40cmx80cm each.

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17468598.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17468598.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 26

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
How do you want to recommend a female when nobody finds a great one and everybody reports hay from SamS OH lines for 2 decades?
Where are the great OH females of the last 20 years that are not from/via Tom Hill?
Other than mine, SamS was so happy to see, that looked like his OH mother he liked a lot, used for "massive seed production". There have been not many. After I shared it, there are a few more, of course. Via Todd too. But I wouldn't compare his to our OHs. I wonder if mine was one of the few females out of 1.000, SamS said you need to select to improve the Haze.

In this case here, Gollis OH being very inbred, the separation work already been done by him it makes not much difference if you use a female or male. You can simply select a male for frost etc. and hit everything with him.

But I do recommend to use males too, when I gift OH seeds. Since there is a difference.
Females are great too. Haze19 and Sams mother have not been used for commercial seed production for no reason. Huge Haze plants do carry plenty of tiny seeds and are not much more unconvinient for professional use than indicas you need to veg long time. And if Mac is using a Golli male after having used twice reversed females, it does make sense for many reasons...

Hiya Johnny people have found great Female haze plants in the years i read and followed peoples grow threads. There just not finding exceptional plants in every seed and that is common in many hybrids. The closer you got to the original Haze f1 seed the better they were.

Following and reading Haze grow threads for more than 20 years now the exceptional plants are becoming harder to find compared to say 20 years ago.

I remember 20 or more years ago you got a pack or 2 of Haze seed you were going to find at lest 1 exceptional female.

When i look at say your seed grown by Star the first thing i notice is vigor then i notice a common ancestral look in the plants i dont see that in Todd's.

What that tells me is your inbreeding work managed to Fix a desired type / concentrate the genes of a superior ancestor. So your chances of finding good plants have now been increased.

All most of us want is to grow good cannabis but to grow good cannabis we need good seed and that is what this type of discussion is about.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

What are you looking for that your not seeing so far in the Haze Hammer.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you looking for that your not seeing so far in the Haze Hammer.

Any quality traits we all look for.. Examples are visible resin, aromas, structure. Do you let the plants go full term without seeing these traits before culling?. At what point do you guys call it?. ID like to get multiple opinions on this.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Any quality traits we all look for.. Examples are visible resin, aromas, structure. Do you let the plants go full term without seeing these traits before culling?. At what point do you guys call it?. ID like to get multiple opinions on this.

ACE boys said about OT Haze that if they are low resin plants from very early on, they won’t develop resin later either.
..i’ve seen similar results with other hybrids too, if they seriously lack resin in veg (you can see globular resin glands on the stem with a 30x magnifying loop) they aren’t great during harvest time either. I have started binning the really poor ones without even bothering to bloom them,esp. if they are also low/bland smelling, cause i lack the space in my bloom tent.

sbeanonnamellow

Hey GoatCheese do you know if those observations from ACE come from flowering them in equatorial locations?

I wonder if these types are just "off" or if something they require for signaling from the environment they are in is "off".

​​​​​ Hey Hammer in your forever flower specimen picture it looks like it is showing sex. You can always throw some pollen on it and see how those genetics end up expressing themselves when paired with something else.

I wonder if these types are just slow to go, or if they need to be started from seed 12/12 or something. Maybe they need a certain altitude or uv spectrum. Or maybe they are just genetically predisposed to not flower like most others in the population. Much love

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hey GoatCheese do you know if those observations from ACE come from flowering them in equatorial locations?

I wonder if these types are just "off" or if something they require for signaling from the environment they are in is "off".

​​​​​

They do their breeding in Spain.
I’m sure low resin plants would be the same no matter where you’d grow them.
I’m sure equatorial sativas grow better in their natural environment than indoors, but shitty plants are shitty plants no matter where you grow them.

Here’s a link to their OT Haze thread. It has lots good info for indoor growers for these types of plants, for Hazes and other sativas; photos of their breeding plants etc. It’s a good one.
https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...ldtimer-s-haze

herbgreen

Veteran
There are 2 1990 OH and 2 THH.. Both OH have tiny pistils all over but no real flower development. 1 is under the Diablo 650 LED the other is under a GC 630 CMH. I see no difference between them

Plants look good keep em goin'

you may want to try slightly indirect light if you cant isolate and increase dark time

Plants look vigorous.....saunter on:biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

​​​​​ Hey Hammer in your forever flower specimen picture it looks like it is showing sex. You can always throw some pollen on it and see how those genetics end up expressing themselves when paired with something else.

I wonder if these types are just slow to go, or if they need to be started from seed 12/12 or something. Maybe they need a certain altitude or uv spectrum. Or maybe they are just genetically predisposed to not flower like most others in the population. Much love

On the THH hose showed sex lomng ago, same on the 1990 OH. I've already hit a few THH lower branches with p40/p41 pollen.. Seeds are present. 1990 OH are not ready for pollen yet. Those still need a lot more flower development.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants look good keep em goin'

you may want to try slightly indirect light if you cant isolate and increase dark time

Plants look vigorous.....saunter on:biggrin:

those are 1990 OH. Im not concerned about those.. The THH is lacking anything good at this point.

herbgreen

Veteran
60 DAYS THH

These are the plants in question....I'm thinkin'

flower is there but resin lacking is what youre saying........I would keep going!:biggrin:

maybe try put them to a corner rather than cull if you decide youve had it

Might surprise you ....just my 2cent

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, the OH are not far enough along to know which way they will go.. The THH should have some aromas/resin at this stage ?.. Pretty airy/fluffy flowers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1502.JPG Views:	0 Size:	285.3 KB ID:	17965935
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1502.JPG Views:	0 Size:	285.3 KB ID:	17965935

herbgreen

Veteran
Long flower haze is where the best plants are found according SamS and his work with it......:biggrin:

Seems people are finding everything but 'hay' in the THHaze from what I have seen ...may be worth the wait:skiiing:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're gonna stay at least long enough for the seeds to ripen. That's at least 40 days more. When the OH has flowers that can be pollinated ill also hit some with p40/p41 pollen. Everything is exactly 61 days flower.

p40=A5hbx x(Snowman xBio Diesel)
p41=A5hbx x Mac

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
They look good to me Hammer some sativas at that stage of development lack smell and even resin development.

Some dont start to pack on the resin until the later part of flowering along with the smell.

Way to early into flower development still.

It still comes down to the smoke test.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look good to me Hammer some sativas at that stage of development lack smell and even resin development.

Some dont start to pack on the resin until the later part of flowering along with the smell.

Way to early into flower development still.

It still comes down to the smoke test.

If this is the case then you would take all plants to full term and not consider culling until after the smoke test.. That can be a long wait to smoke hay..

Status
Not open for further replies.