What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi Lost you shouldn't have any issues until the plants start to flower and some times you wont have issues on some plants weeks into flower some half way threw flower and in some plants even weeks before harvest.

I have never seen it in veg only in flower.

You can not pre determine what a heavy sativa hybrid plant will need in flower you just need to watch them and dial / tune each plant in but once you do its easy you know exactly what that plant needs as far as feeding in flower.

I have never seen this in Sativa plants that i grew directly into the ground.

Yours turned out better than my last NH did but I was also feeding them the same as indica heavy hybrids. I've learned a great deal over the last 2 years dealing with soil but just had to give them a go in my old setup to see what happens. Maybe it will work out maybe not but I won't know if I don't try. Have a great weekend everyone!
LT

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yours turned out better than my last NH did but I was also feeding them the same as indica heavy hybrids. I've learned a great deal over the last 2 years dealing with soil but just had to give them a go in my old setup to see what happens. Maybe it will work out maybe not but I won't know if I don't try. Have a great weekend everyone!
LT

I treat all my plants equally in veg but once i go into flower with heavy Sativas and pure Sativas i just let them tell me what they need and what i am sharing with you all has come from decades of hands on.

This has always been about sharing for me helping each other is what its all about.

LostTribe

Premium user
I treat all my plants equally in veg but once i go into flower with heavy Sativas and pure Sativas i just let them tell me what they need and what i am sharing with you all has come from decades of hands on.

This has always been about sharing for me helping each other is what its all about.

You know I appreciate it! How tall were those big indoor plants you showed me when you flipped? These are about 18-24 in and the tall todd is about 30. Got room to spread em around.

I've been smoking Todd's all day long. The 3, 4 and finally the 5. Those were hard to cull. Time for some octopus THH to liven things up a bit!

GoatCheese

Veteran
@Hammerhead said:
Nothing I posted was pissy. You kids can't seem to take people that don't agree with your opinions so you take it as pissy lol. All you di is assume. You have no clue what I grow or how I grow. Why are you quoting me move on lol. It was you that started with my nutrients that were not good for cannabis lol. It's always in the haze threads where people lose it lol.

No. I just told you that the NPK levels of your nutes is the more or less the same as BioBizz Grow and that you could find better lines with lower N levels to get smoother smoke, and you didn’t like that for some odd reason.

It seems like it’s YOU who can’t handle someone doing things differently. You’re a sensitive person, Hammer.:petting:

Use that nute brand till you drop dead. I don’t care. Personally i wouldn’t use it even for growing tomatoes. Tomato is another plant that doesn’t need high N level, did you know that, xxxxxxxxxx?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoatCheese

Veteran
How you guys going to remove N from a pre made nutrient ?

I didn’t talk about removing Nitrogen but lowering the level. And with two component nutrient lines, like BioBizz and others, you can mix your own blend within the limits that nutrient line allows you to.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I didn’t talk about removing Nitrogen but lowering the level. And with two component nutrient lines, like BioBizz and others, you can mix your own blend within the limits that nutrient line allows you to.

I had a look at the Bio·Bloom and it says this.

How to use it?

Bio·Bloom is an independently working fertilizer that can be used from the flowering period up to harvest.

Biobizz recommends approximately 2-4ml of Bio·Bloom per litre of water. You can find concrete doses for each period in our official Nutrient Schedule.

It contains the optimum blend of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium, along with enzymes and amino acids

So all all you can do to amend the mix is to weaken the mix.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You know I appreciate it! How tall were those big indoor plants you showed me when you flipped? These are about 18-24 in and the tall todd is about 30. Got room to spread em around.

I've been smoking Todd's all day long. The 3, 4 and finally the 5. Those were hard to cull. Time for some octopus THH to liven things up a bit!

Hi Lost i have head room so i normally put them in flower around 2ft now with good vigor your plant can easily end up at 6ft to 7ft and taller but i then start to train tie any way. Keep them away from the light intensity in flower you will end up with fuller less airy flowers by doing so.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wrong. Jack's 3-2-1 allows you to mix calcium nitrate (part B) separately from Jack's Hydro (part A) and epsom salt (part C). After 5 years of hydroponics, I just switched to soil because it was so hard to keep sativas looking good to the finish line. I don't claim to be a great grower, but I think organic soil will make me a better grower. To each their own.

I looked at that and can't see how any would lower N only?. There are many we can increase specific micro/maco but as far as I'm aware without having bottles to mix it up ourselves I don't see a way to decrease anything. They all have a base mix that was formulated to the vendor's specs. I'm all ears how any would lower just N in their base mix?.

I've grown in nothing but soil/soiless since I was a kid so 50 years growing in Soil. IMO all experienced lifelong growers know how to grow well using any Nutrients.

Hammerhead , You can mix each nutrient separately with the Aptus line, you can buy bottles of N, P, K, Cal, Mag and mix them as you want. I think it's the only nutrient line that allow you to give a custom made feed to every plant of your growth but it's pretty expensive.

Yes, this would be the only way to mix up anything with the ratios you want.. We would need bottles of ea to make our own formulations. As far as I know, all nutrient vendors have a base mix, we cant change how much N is used. We can only dilute it.

I honestly dont know why you guys get so bent out of shape over the smallest of things.

A nutrient comes with a standard recommended mixing ratio from the manufacturer. The veg formula gives you a seedling mix normally ( a weaker mix ) and a vegetable growth mix ratio. The flower formula will give you a mix ratio and all are based on your water being a neutral 7ph to start with.

You can not change the formula you have one option you weaken the mix that is it.

If your using a RO filter you need to add CalMag.

GoatCheese no sativa heavy hybrid or sativa will show feeding problems in veg so Humple W. plants will look perfect up until they start to show sex (in extreme cases ) but normally you will see it as it has in hammers once the flowers start to develop.

How you guys going to remove N from a pre made nutrient ?.

I am the guy that shared the hempy bucket with the community so i do know a thing or 2 about growing plants in them.

This is exactly what Ive been saying.. We cant decrease the amount of anything specific in a base mix. As a whole NPK values can only be diluted.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
I had a look at the Bio·Bloom and it says this.

How to use it?

Bio·Bloom is an independently working fertilizer that can be used from the flowering period up to harvest.

Biobizz recommends approximately 2-4ml of Bio·Bloom per litre of water. You can find concrete doses for each period in our official Nutrient Schedule.

It contains the optimum blend of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium, along with enzymes and amino acids

So all all you can do to amend the mix is to weaken the mix.

BioBizz aren’t cannabis specific nutrients. 10 years ago their bottles had picture of cabbages/salads on the Grow bottle and some yellow flower on the Bloom bottle. So they really have not optimized these nutes for cannabis.

BioBizz line uses both Grow-component and Bloom-component during the flowering stage, not just the Bloom-component as you seem to think, and the main part of flowering they recommend you use their Grow and Bloom in 1:1 ratio for regular potting soil (light mix) and coco.
A link to their feeding schedule:
https://www.biobizz.com/wp-content/u...le-EN-2020.pdf

..but from my personal experience, if you use the line as BioBizz recommends you’re feeding your cannabis plants too much Nitrogen. I explained in my earlier post how i’m using them, wrote down the amounts per Liter i use and calculated the NPK numbers. Page 755 if you’re interested

so..
If i use less Grow-component and more of the Bloom-component during flowering it does not “weaken” the mix, it just changes the NPK ratios.

xxxxxxxxxx

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BioBizz aren’t cannabis specific nutrients. 10 years ago their bottles had picture of cabbages/salads on the Grow bottle and some yellow flower on the Bloom bottle. So they really have not optimized these nutes for cannabis.

BioBizz line uses both Grow-component and Bloom-component during the flowering stage, not just the Bloom-component as you seem to think, and the main part of flowering they recommend you use their Grow and Bloom in 1:1 ratio for regular potting soil (light mix) and coco.
A link to their feeding schedule:
https://www.biobizz.com/wp-content/u...le-EN-2020.pdf

..but from my personal experience, if you use the line as BioBizz recommends you’re feeding your cannabis plants too much Nitrogen. I explained in my earlier post how i’m using them, wrote down the amounts per Liter i use and calculated the NPK numbers. Page 755 if you’re interested

so..
If i use less Grow-component and more of the Bloom-component during flowering it does not “weaken” the mix, it just changes the NPK ratios.
xxxxxxxxxx

Tossing insults doesn't help you at all. Even at my old age, you didn't see that from me. It's clear who has more growing experience. Nothing you posted is even relevant to the discussion, your clueless. Hempy and I said the same thing lol. You keep talking out your neck, does that make you feel better lol. . It is typical behavior for a dumbass kid throwing a tantrum when someone disagrees.. Do as you said and stop bringing me into your BS. You seem to have trouble with that part so another gets added to my ignore list.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are some pics from today. You can see the tip burn is minimal. All are still gorgious.

THH @44 days
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1367.JPG Views:	0 Size:	234.8 KB ID:	17952381

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1364.JPG Views:	0 Size:	261.2 KB ID:	17952382

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1370.JPG Views:	0 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	17952383

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1369.JPG Views:	0 Size:	275.6 KB ID:	17952384

A few OH 1990. These are still not flowering much at 40+days.. I had to LST 1 of them. She was getting to close to the lights. The other is still OK.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1367.JPG Views:	0 Size:	234.8 KB ID:	17952381

herbgreen

Veteran
nature's nectar brand has seperate NPK , cal mag , and guano

worm castings and wormcasting tea is nice buffer for nutrients

Humple W.

Intriguing discussion. Y'all will probably think I'm crazy - I've been using Mega Crop 1 Part (10-7-18 NPK) at 900ppm/1.8 EC (thereabouts) on these Haze hybrids since mid-veg, and still now, in early flower. Haven't seen any signs of toxicity or tip-burn yet, but I know this is quite a Nitrogen-heavy feed, even for a lot of standard commercial hybrids, so I keep expecting it to go downhill. It definitely works for me with my other strains though. I guess we'll see how these girls handle it...

Last edited:

Humple W.

Intriguing discussion. Y'all will probably think I'm crazy - I've been using Mega Crop 1 Part (10-7-18 NPK) at 900ppm/1.8 EC (thereabouts) on these Haze hybrids since mid-veg, and still now, in early flower. Haven't seen any signs of toxicity or tip-burn yet, but I know this is quite a Nitrogen-heavy feed, even for a lot of standard commercial hybrids, so I keep expecting it to go downhill. It definitely works for me with my other strains though. I guess we'll see how these girls handle it...

I do have a 2 part on-hand (Mega Crop again - ratios very similar to Jack's, as I understand it), so I can tweak if things get out of hand. (Not that I really know what I'm doing, but I can at least take a stab at it.)

Humple W.

Oh, and I should clarify that nearly 300ppm of that 900ppm total is my well water, not the fertilizer. For whatever that's worth.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I do have a 2 part on-hand (Mega Crop again - ratios very similar to Jack's, as I understand it), so I can tweak if things get out of hand. (Not that I really know what I'm doing, but I can at least take a stab at it.)

Low EC solution, PH on point and Salinity on check, that's what you have to worry about the most. Having a good environment also helps.

Humple W.

Low EC solution, PH on point and Salinity on check, that's what you have to worry about the most. Having a good environment also helps.

Thankfully, PH hasn't been an issue for me. My water seems to hold it well.

Environment has always been my greatest challenge, and I've come to believe it's as important, if not more important, than almost anything else. When my temps and humidity are on point, the plants are happy, whether I feed them light or feed them heavy. (Not to say that nothing else matters, of course.) I think they can just handle my fuck-ups and ignorance when their climate is good. Kind of like how a person can put up with life's daily irritations when their general mental health is solid, but small annoyances put them over the edge when they're in a bad headspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts