What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCoolSativa

I remember the Delat line it had lots of hype about it and once people grew it reports of ok weed came along even hermies being found the Vietnamese line being sold by the land race team looks like something we got here if its the same its not a bad smoke but i wouldn't call it the worlds best.

I just yesterday started some of that Vietnam from TLT, interested to see how it turns out. Hempy, have you sampled it? If so, what did you think? DJ9 said it's haze in seed form and it can have a mind-bending effect, another review I read said it was just good.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I just yesterday started some of that Vietnam from TLT, interested to see how it turns out. Hempy, have you sampled it? If so, what did you think? DJ9 said it's haze in seed form and it can have a mind-bending effect, another review I read said it was just good.

Hi mate no not personally but do know some one that grew it out and loved it spoke very highly of it to.

I looked at the strain info and pics and it reminded me of this lot i was getting from a friend flowers had the same look and color i wouldn't call it the worlds best but would say its a nice smoke if it was the same thing.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
DA WE DALATs Vietnamese is not the Original.

exactly hempy. But if you researched this Line alot , you would found out that DA WE Dalat went back to vientam in 2004. Thats what he brought back. Not the original. So, for me its no surprise. He also smokereported it and all he had to say is that the 2004 Dalat is "good for smoking at afternoon" . So, it was clearly not the same old Stuff wich he rated as "most transforming weed in the world". Also i heard that what he collected was then selected out quiet strongly for non-hermie. And that before that Selection it had stronger high...

So, it isnt the realdeal 70s Vietnamese. Its a 2004 strongly selected Vietnamese.

He was passing seed out in 2002 were did you get 2004 from ?

People who received seeds from DWD back in 2002, that posted to that thread^^^: Uncle Ben(currently on www.rollitup.org, and here opg on occasion), Marksurfs (MIA since OG went down), Dubi (of ACE seeds, ICMag forum, uk420 forum), 20'Thai (on PG and ICMag), and Chaman (ICMag, though I think he's no longer growing that strain). If I remember correctly Dubi had an excellent outdoor grow in Spain from DWD's seeds. Search on these usernames to find more info.

I have no idea where to get these seeds now, nor do I have a high level of interest in them. In a PM to me during the later period of the OG thread, Marksurfs relayed to me what his experiences were with the type of high. He did not consider it to be a "Holy Grail" strain. then again, he grew it indoors under 1kw HID, not outdoors. As far as I know, Dubi has not released any Dalat under his ACE seeds company...though I could be wrong.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you can have these kind of bad feelings from cannabis then you can have the good ones too. It's just a matter of allowing it. But also of setting. Just like the paranoia.
At least my opinion.
Having a higher number of activated receptors helps too. I am sure. But there are also tricks you can use. Like per exemple doing sports to raise your serotonine levels etc., before consuming psychedlic weed.

We are all different, but for me the effect can be comaprable to mushrooms (more than lsd). Or better a mix of psilocybin and cocain. With some kind of ego dissolution too, once you have found the right wagon to make your trip. But we are still speaking of weed. You need to do some efforts to reach the optimum.

That is the point. We are all not the same. Lots of people suffer from Generalized Panic Disorders that induced paranoia. Panic attacks are a bitch. The triggers can be weed related. I still use cannabis daily and nothing has changed for me. I don't get any type of Psychedelic high from weed. Thats never gonna change. I do take .3g of shrooms all the time.

TheDarkStorm

Sounds like people have different ideas of what they call trippy weed......might be a good idea to define that.

From my own experience those trippy plants are once in a life time plants and are rare...outside of the norm....you can push the odds in the growers favour of finding them but sadly that's a dying art......I don't know of any line where every seed grown will be trippy....in years and years of being around weed those plants that are at that level I can probably count on one hand....once found you need to keep them....and know how to use them.

romanoweed

I dont get any Panic from Tripweed. If its pure good Landrace, thats a pretty calm Experience .

I just describe it like that: Its just that Hybrid-Weed causes Confusing sensations. Bad thoughts wich spiral, and make me Anxious, but rather not Paniking, depressive i would call it.

But lets see the positive View: a good Landrace has a very clear directivity. One single thing going for Hours and unfolding .
I can confirm thats true, when lately finally smoking Hoa x Vietblack (mostly viet). It was a bit stressy, but overall just happy, and as soon a strong trippy Peak came up i was feeling the most save, happy.

Its not just the Personalities that are individual, its the Personalities / and the Weed. Bout Individual. It became pretty clear. Many Sativalovers feel lower anxiety on Tripweed

we shouldent think that Tripweed cause a certian stereotypical Effect for each Indivdual
And we shouldent think that a certain Individual Person is Affected in their own Way unregarded the Weed-Strain.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I would not call an electric trippy high a happy high and to be honest its not every ones cup of tea but many enjoy it. The only commercial cannabis seed i have come across it in is the Haze work from Nevil and from the old Kali mist.

romanoweed

Hey there is a Purple Thai sold by kyle kushman, thought i tell you about, since its the Haze Thread. Its pretty shortened in flowering tho, 11-13 Weeks

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Sounds like people have different ideas of what they call trippy weed......might be a good idea to define that.

From my own experience those trippy plants are once in a life time plants and are rare...outside of the norm....you can push the odds in the growers favour of finding them but sadly that's a dying art......I don't know of any line where every seed grown will be trippy....in years and years of being around weed those plants that are at that level I can probably count on one hand....once found you need to keep them....and know how to use them.

its a bit like trying to ascertain how love feels for everyone ,
of course we all feel differently and its dependant on many factors ,\

the same is true of the high with cannabis ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

romanoweed

Ive heard different things about Oregonpurple Thai.

I have two scenarios in my Memory:

- Its Thai x Mexican
- Its Thai x Afghani, probably some Mexican too

The least heard Theory is that its a Thai.

If someone really knows , thanx

romanoweed

a Quote by DJ Short about blueberry:
"I used three P1 strains to breed Blueberry, Flo and others. They were the Highland Thai (also called Juicy Fruit Thai, a first-generation Thai seed grown in the Pacific Northwest); a cross called Purple Thai which was a first generation land-race Chocolate Thai crossed once with a first generation land-race Highland Oaxaca Gold; and an Afghani Indica which came to me one generation removed from Afghanistan via the California/Southern Oregon growing community."

The Purple Thai was one of the first to show resin gland production in the early bud cycle, at roughly three to four weeks into the cycle. It also matured at 10 to 12 weeks indoor, and early to mid November outdoors."

Kyle Kusman`s Purple Thai fits perfectly this Description.

However, i dont wanna claim DJ Knows...

Just if anyone has a good knowledge, i never found someone that can convince me .

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
My only expirence with psydelic weed is when i had very low tolerance and when I was little kid.
Weed was sometimes like mushroom or LSD.

But I believe that there is the influence of a young and playful brain.
Also most people I know that had that kind of trip on weed are smoked before 15yo.
People who start smoke latter in late teenage years never have that kind of feeling.

Today trippy to mean dense and psydelic expirence mostly when i close my eyes and meditate while high.
After years of daily smoking today i more sense emotions.

Few weed makes me feel better and are postive expireince,most strains today i smoke are just strong as fuck.
And lot of time i feel even lil depressed and unmotivated to do anything.

It is the same with every opiate, it is best the first few times. After all, that’s what convinces us that we can hardly do without that feeling.
It is just addiction like every other.

Every weed is psydelic when there is no tolerence.

I also remember when we were kids.
When smoke joint i couldnt go to public for few hours,and I wonder my self how older guys can smoke J and go straight to home.
I talk to my self whish i could do that.
After my tolerance build up i told to my self how much I would to pay to weed hits me like it was before.

My first LSD high was when i was 15 yo and me and my 2 friends still remember that.
I even and my friend next day have fleshbacks for few seconds.
Second time i get that feeling was 6 month after i smoke second time with 2 other friends at school we also remember that.
It was like mushroms both times we were hard tripping and cant stop laughing literraly we mean in some situations that i will die cuz of laugh.

That is my expirience with psydelic weed.

I dont believe in it,cuz weed will never be legal as soft drug if it is psydelic as mushrooms or Acid.

XD

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I was 17 when I had my ultimate pot trip, so a bit older than you. I had some other experiences later that were far out in the ozone, and even here lately some. I will agree that your first few times smoking are going to be different than later and the effects more intense and long lasting. First time I smoked I could still feel the buzz the next day, much less of course but I could feel it. That long lasting effect went away quick, like just a few times more smoking.

Mushrooms are about to be legal in California so look out! It happens here first for a lot of things. --- 'Every weed is psychedelic when there is no tolerance.' --- True but some are much more psychedelic. Tolerance is so important and it applies to LSD and shrooms. You can not do any drug all the time and get a full effect. I was no acid head but after a certain number of trips the effects were not as profound or fun. Lots of people go thru the same experience with LSD. Magic at first and then after a number of trips, it gets dull or just unpleasant too much of the trip.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 THH, 2 OH 90... The OH is not as vigorous..
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0798.JPG Views:	0 Size:	284.2 KB ID:	17908684

romanoweed

Cannabis is , like the Scientific Article suggested, (ok they are speculating there) using another Mechanism to influence the Dopamine thingy. And that could be right. I found Canna very kind psychedelic, but still it was intense.. Very harmless. Very kind. Just Ganja

(just dont drive while triping)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
When I was saying that I've never had the uplifting sativa buzz, I wasn't talking about trippy buzz.
I've had that before.
Mostly it happens within a few days of taking LSD, but I've had the same trippy buzz in the middle of my 10 year psychedelic drought, so it's not just a "flashback" wives tale.
however, just like the way all other weed works with my body, it wasn't something that happened every time I smoked from that bag. It usually is more likely to happen the first time I try a new cultivar, but I always get higher the first time I try a new weed, so I try to give my favorite cuts a rest for a while so I don't become "immuned" to it. And I always try to grow a new cultivar in one of my tents.
this time it's three OHaze x PurpAl Bx1
​​​​
I've had trippy buzz that makes everything brighter, shinier, and sparklier. I've had it where makes my vision look like I'm wearing clear goggles. Lol and the "floaters" in my eyes leave trails.

I was talking about the sativas that people say keeps the up all night wide awake full of electric energy.
Hell, I know I probably wouldn't like it but I'd even like to try those terror heart racing paranoia buzz.
I've never once felt that stereotypical paranoia from cannabis. Opposite, really.
I did get paranoid from smoking 40x salvia extract. I remember thinking I was worried someone's would come find me in my retarded state. But that's a different trip entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.