What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkStorm

yea i think we have some of the highest uv levels in oz darkie ,
definitely the most skin cancer , white fellas need to be careful up here man ,
high altitude in the tropics can be brutal on white skin ....
the dope likes it though .. lol ...

i added a pic of some i think its U2 from shantis rockin roll series ,
not too leafy as you can see , grown outdoors during our winter/spring season ...

Looks really good Donald...I seen kanga was able to get some huge buds too...he was doing really well with his mullum and his oaxacan...I know that mullum can produce some spindly buds and needs huge amounts of light to put out good bud and kanga was killing it up there with it...i was quite surprised the buds were getting so huge....they even got the f1 nevils haze to produce some masive buds up there on some of the phenotypes...some areas over there seem to be perfect for getting the best out of the plant....from what I seen the pure lowland naam black seemed to struggled abit tho..but thats usually a very fussy difficult plant that seems to favour its home conditions...but still it came out not too bad. You guys are lucky over there Donald....I wish I could live some were similar.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Sativas can be grown all over the mainland Dark places like the highland country or The GREAT DIVIDING RANGE that starts in Victoria and goes all the way to the top of the Far north in parts has shorter seasons because of snow down south so longer flowering plants wont finish.

Even in the tropics temps can get to 0c along the The GREAT DIVIDING RANGE.

Northern Part
-In the North, The Great Dividing Range has a tropical climate thanks to it being the closest side of Australia to the equator. The tropical climate has two seasons a wet season that lasts from April to November then the dry season that lasts from May to October.

-The Wet Season brings rain yet holds the potential of causing storms and floods. The usual temperature around this time is 0C to 20C or 32F to 68F

-The Dry Season brings sun and only sun, due to the lack of rain during the dry season the northern half of the Great Dividing Range is usually in a drought. The usual temperature around this time is 20C to 40C or 68F to 104F

https://thegreatdividing.weebly.com/climate.html

Good cannabis is grown all over the mainland now some places in land close to the Great Dividing Range and further inland can get frost and even snow. The closer you are to the coast the warmer the temperatures are at night in winter.

Tasmania is a lot colder.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Yes, it's an observable trait some Hawaiian genetics carry. It is def more of a curiosity that's not seen often. This is a trait someone could isolate if they wished. I guess some might think the sap color adds quality?.

Es observable en múltiples variedades, sean de donde sean.
En el hilo de "Tropical Seeds Company", en el subforo de " Landraces", por ejemplo, pueden verse diversas plantas de genéticas muy diferentes, mostrando esta característica...

It is observable in many varieties, no matter where they come from.
In the "Tropical Seeds Company" thread, in the "Landraces" subforum, for example, you can see several plants of very different genetics, showing this characteristic...

Salud para tod@s!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Es observable en múltiples variedades, sean de donde sean.
En el hilo de "Tropical Seeds Company", en el subforo de " Landraces", por ejemplo, pueden verse diversas plantas de genéticas muy diferentes, mostrando esta característica...

It is observable in many varieties, no matter where they come from.
In the "Tropical Seeds Company" thread, in the "Landraces" subforum, for example, you can see several plants of very different genetics, showing this characteristic...

Salud para tod@s!

Sorry, I don't speak Spanish?. I'm sure there are. I can only speak on what I've seen that trait in.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am planning my next run which will be Sativas. Ohaze (thanks Star Crash), and some Ace genetics. The tent won't be available for about 6 weeks, and they can have as long as they want in there after that. I can start them under a smaller light and up-pot to 10 gal bags under those lights for 3 weeks to make roots, and take them outside for 3 weeks to build up under the sun before bringing them inside to flip.

Is this a good plan, or will they be too big by the time I get them back inside?

Sub24ox7

They stretch like no other... I torture them a little and force them to stay in solo cups for a long time. I run my veg/mom room at 22 hours on 2 off. Last time I left them in the veg room in the solo cups until they showed sex at the axil(preflower). Took like a lot of nodes before they showed then I took cuts and flower them straight away from 6 inches on.
I just did the cultivators choice o.haze/skunk#1 x skunk#1 x o. Haze/skunk #1 this way and they were all like 3 and a half to 4 foot in solo cups before they showed sex in veg room.

I am planning my next run which will be Sativas. Ohaze (thanks Star Crash), and some Ace genetics. The tent won't be available for about 6 weeks, and they can have as long as they want in there after that. I can start them under a smaller light and up-pot to 10 gal bags under those lights for 3 weeks to make roots, and take them outside for 3 weeks to build up under the sun before bringing them inside to flip.

Is this a good plan, or will they be too big by the time I get them back inside?

You can scrog your plants when you're running out of space. I fix a batten at the walls, screw some hooks into it and span a clothing line. That's all. Just educate your plants. You will get a big yield and a lot of chaos. Mostly I didn't know which bud belonged to which plant. Here some pics of a grow of mine some years ago:

Attachments

• photo1757927.jpg
    photo1757927.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 10
  • photo1757929.jpg
    photo1757929.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 15
  • photo1757930.jpg
    photo1757930.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 13
  • photo1757931.jpg
    photo1757931.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 15
  • photo1757932.jpg
    photo1757932.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 12

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Two of the packs I am thinking of popping are regs. I never see flowers until the plants are pretty big. 42-48" in a dixie cup does sound like torture. The Ace stuff is fems.

Sub24ox7

Yea they won’t flower with 22 hours on and 2 off, if you look really close it will be a single calyx or staminate ball looking calyx(preflower).

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Not sure how big your tent is but i would be more concerned about over crowding the space as sativas stretch big time once there put into flower.

I would also advice limiting any type of stress on your plants last thing you need.

Dont be shocked if a plant like the Ohaze needs a square meter each.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My p53 clone is 3x the size of what the seed plant did. I had to bend the tops over. She reached 8' tall.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
8'tall tent, 4x4. I need to keep the plants at 48" above soil if I can, or less. I am learning with this Humbolt OG freebie I am growing. It may be good practice for how I think sativas will grow.

I am gonna play it safe and wait to start seeds when a tent can be dedicated to them. It should be ready at the end of June or so.

It's late and I have a good buzz, so forgive this stoner thought. I wanna ask while I remember, why can't we use a cylindrical wire mesh (or better equiv) tomato cage 18" around for a 24" x 24" footprint, and wrap the plant around it in a spiral, on the outside or inside or both?

troutman

Seed Whore
yea i think we have some of the highest uv levels in oz darkie ,
definitely the most skin cancer , white fellas need to be careful up here man ,
high altitude in the tropics can be brutal on white skin ....

I purchased a Sun shirt a while back and it blocks most of the UV rays. :)

I heavy recommend using one under extended outings under clear skies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

You get burnt to a crisp here even under clouds extream uv is part of daily life in summer even spring then we have the ozone we have it all here lol.

The ozone layer is depleted in two ways. ... This includes a five to nine per cent depletion over Australia since the 1960s, which has increased the risk that Australians already face from over-exposure to UV radiation resulting from our outdoor lifestyle.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

doesnt really bother me that much really trout,
i had a check up , they said if i was going to get skin cancer ,
given the exposure I've had over my life , id have it by now ,
but I'm clear ,
it can make u a bit wrinkly though ,
so i tend to use coconut oil to keep in the moisture ,
i drink it in my morning cup of tea too ,
folks with quite white skin would have to be pretty careful up here though ,
I've seen a few English people looking like lobsters ,, looks pretty painful too ,, lol ..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
You get burnt to a crisp here even under clouds extream uv is part of daily life in summer even spring then we have the ozone we have it all here lol.

The ozone layer is depleted in two ways. ... This includes a five to nine per cent depletion over Australia since the 1960s, which has increased the risk that Australians already face from over-exposure to UV radiation resulting from our outdoor lifestyle.

https://uv.willyweather.com.au/nsw/sydney/north-sydney.html

https://uv.willyweather.com.au/qld/far-north/cairns.html

almost 3 times the difference in uv from the first to the second ,
might be higher where i live since we are at 3000 ft , vs cairns at sea level .
gets up to 17 + when the sun is directly overhead here ...

i wonder if that makes the plants make more resin to help protect the flowers ??
i dunno but i guess its possible ...

funkyhorse

Dear Hempy and Wally
It is very enjoyable and educating reading your dialogues. You guys are great teachers. There might be an occassional unappropiate word thrown in from time to time in the heat of the debate, same way as in a rugby game when words are thrown in the heat of the game. I hope the day you guys meet, will have a third time together, have a huge spliff and laugh about all this

You guys complain about Australia, South America is scorched earth. UV is higher and the ozone layer thinner. And I think is the reason behind the results I am having, becuase if I have to go by the bro science going around on forums, the only thing I would be able to grow would be rudelaris or fast indicas.
I checked the UV in my area and for today and tomorrow it will be higher than Cairns. And I am Hempy's latitude neighbour with similar climate but with much more humidity being in wetlands. 99% humidity every dawn. Some plants like it and some dont tolerate it

Hempy, a white shadow mesh for the greenhouse is clearly not enough. When heavy rain and storms come, it makes a disaster . After the third heavy rain(100mm in half an hour) which destroyed me the top shot of a THH and a northern thailand 2008 girl, I decided to put a nylon cover on top of the mesh and no more problems. Temperatures when sunny reach 25-26C for a few hours. Resin in landraces is because of UV or because of genetics??? All landraces have shown sex after the autumm equinox without exceptions
Northern Thailand 2008 fem 2(this line has 2 genders: girls and intersex girls turning to males). Top shot of this plant lost to a heavy storm
Northern Thailand fem 2 (2).jpeg
Northern Thailand fem 2 (3).jpeg

Northern Thailand 2008 fem 6
Northern Thailand fem 6.jpeg
Northern Thailand fem 6 (2).jpeg

Laos girl number 3 from Wally. I personally think that the outstanding results I have with Wally's gear is the result of southern hemisphere breeding together with similar UV levels as my area. Plants seem to love it
Laos fem 3 (3).jpeg
Laos fem 3 (4).jpeg
Laos fem 3 (5).jpeg
Laos fem 3 (6).jpeg

Luang Prabang fem 1. One girl went intersex outdoors and sadly had to chop.
This bud in the first picture was pollinized yesterday with Ohz90s
Luang Prabang fem 1 (3).jpeg
Luang Prabang fem 1 (4).jpeg
Luang Prabang fem 1 (5).jpeg

THH12 x Ohz lower bud. It seems lowers are done. Is this expected to happen outdoors with plants 3 meters tall in a 20 liter pot? All the uppers need more time
qualude high way

Seedsman Hz from MadMac girl 3 growing from cut in the greenhouse.
Seedsman haze mm fem 3 (3).jpeg

Is it possible all landraces I have are high mountain varieties? They seem to tolerate the cold and keep growing.
Have a nice week everybody

Attachments

• Northern Thailand fem 6 (2).jpeg
    Northern Thailand fem 6 (2).jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Northern Thailand fem 2 (2).jpeg
    Northern Thailand fem 2 (2).jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi Funkyhorse it gets very humid here to and i hate the humidity to be honest i think what most don't get is the weather globally is changing i have followed it for years. What i am noticing here is now in places were it was once considered prime out door growing conditions we are seeing massive storms and weather events around the time plants are in flower and as a result wiping them out yearly.

We are having milder winters hotter dryer summers then it swings to above normal wet summers extremes that seam to becoming the normal.

We are lucky here Sativas can be grown in most places but i honestly think out doors even when its legal will need to adapt because of weather events.

I have smoked lots of Cannabis grown on the high land country elevation don't make it better it comes down to genetics ulatamanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.