What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Its a well known Fact the clone plants can come in faster than the seed plant Donald but were did i say 8 weeks or 6 weeks faster than the seed plant ?.

What i posted was
Originally posted by@hempy View Post

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If your growing a haze hybrid and there all hybrids by the way your growing them for that special high not the look not the smell and clearly not the fast flowering time now i never saw a haze hybrid from seed even a 50% haze ever go 12 weeks. They were longer flowering more around the 18 weeks some even longer.

My Nevils Haze F2s are at week 10 and 4 days almost 11 weeks now i cant see these finishing for at lest 6 to 8 more weeks as a guess.

You dont grow Haze if you want fast flowering plants if were talking the Widow then i would expect 11 to 12 weeks.[/QUOTE]

ahh yep i see ,
the way you write confuses me sometimes I guess so I misread or misunderstood what you meant,
i was surprised as I; said because I've seen cutting shave a few weeks off the seed plant , but never a massive amount ...

id have to say I reckon shantis mango haze ibl would be around a 12 weeker,
they finished in my winter/spring grow
usually they wont do that ,
1 of the nevils haze plants I grew from his seed also did that , the others were far from it ,
and most of the mango haze i have grown before had a real hard time finishing then ,

outdoor where I grow is a little different to your indoors and regularly shaves a few weeks off the times you get it seems ,
they never go 18 to 20 weeks flowering , even stubborn pure sativas don't do that ...
most haze hybrids would be up to 14 weeks flowering , pure sativas up to 16 ..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of my P53 are running 12-13 weeks to finish. I've not found 1 that finishes before that. Clones def have a more open structure vs Seed plants did. My last 2 seed testers are in now. I haven't seen any harvest dates changing from seed to clones. The only time I noticed this was when I upgraded to CMH. Plants would finish about 7-10 faster.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
My MangoHaze were test seed the grow was documented from seed germination to harvest as were my Nevils Haze my ShitHaze my SSH and all the others now i dont determine how long they take to flower the plants do i call 16 weeks fast.

Lots of growers harvest to early but i allow my plants to go full cycle my Nevils haze are flowering under 11/13.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Yes its certainly a bit different flowering those girls inside vs out in the tropical sun ,
I wish I knew the magic formula nature provided so we could get them to do the same indoor ,
I'm sure its a few factors combined the encourage them to go a little faster ,
I suppose added to that is indoors one knows when one dials down their timers , where as outdoors one can only go on the first signs of flowering ,
its likely there is some of the discrepancy,
I will try and see what difference there is sometime by moving a plant from indoor to outdoor ,
might be more accurate ,

i do know however that from woe to go here and in thailand ,
at the right time of year ,, thai plants can grow and be harvested in less than 6 months ,
often around 5 when planted after the monsoon , (we kinda assume 4 months of that is flowering)
as is how it was done back in the days of the thai stick plants etc ,
i think the guy that owns rsc has mentioned that somewhere too ...
I'm sure the plants take notice of the season changing and act accordingly,
indoors there is less of that sort of influence of course ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When i grew out Doors Donald i would plant my seed depending on temps from September to October and i would not harvest before July or even as late as August.

Its not like i never grew out doors Donald.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Lots of people are more focused on the speed of flower than they are the quality of flower in my opinion i saw this with the Mango Haze test seed people culled the plants because they took to long to flower.

The plants were to sativa acted like jungle sativas they said that really shocked me as they signed on to grow a haze hybrid what did they expect ?.

Out of all the people that were given the Mango haze test seed to grow only me and Jesse completed the grows.

People cull the long flowering sat hybrids and call them impractical biggest mistake they could make they could be throwing out the best plants and not even realize it.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Lots of people are more focused on the speed of flower than they are the quality of flower in my opinion i saw this with the Mango Haze test seed people culled the plants because they took to long to flower.

The plants were to sativa acted like jungle sativas they said that really shocked me as they signed on to grow a haze hybrid what did they expect ?.

Out of all the people that were given the Mango haze test seed to grow only me and Jesse completed the grows.

People cull the long flowering sat hybrids and call them impractical biggest mistake they could make they could be throwing out the best plants and not even realize it.

Agreed, it's completely pointless culling some long flowering sativas too early. I took an OT purple haze to 26 weeks once.

The other factor can be a long cure. Some sativa's are totally different after a decent cure.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would people except testing a long flowering type only to say it's taking too long. Makes no sense to me. There's no point in testing plants that are long flowering if you can't wait. There is a requirement when people accept testing. if anyone gave me that excuses they wouldn't be testing again.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Agreed, it's completely pointless culling some long flowering sativas too early. I took an OT purple haze to 26 weeks once.

The other factor can be a long cure. Some sativa's are totally different after a decent cure.

yep I agree with both of you ,
if you want something good it does take time ,
and even when you harvest ,
its really best to cure the sativas to get the very best from them ,
I'm pretty patient , so I don't mind waiting ...

;hempy , yes I know you have grown outdoors ,
I wonder if by july and august , its likely quite cold where you live , during the days ...
I wish you had some pictures to share of those grows ,
but we were referring to finishing times where I live vs your indoor grow ,
do you mind me asking how long your thai takes to flower indoors from seed ??

it does seem like its a longer period of flower indoor vs outdoor due to as mentioned the natural elements coming into play ,
cooler , dryer , sun at a different arc ,, etc ...
we don't tend to mimic those things indoors , and I ponder that and the spectrum is what makes things take longer ,
and sometimes they seem to keep growing and never finish ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Why would people except testing a long flowering type only to say it's taking too long. Makes no sense to me. There's no point in testing plants that are long flowering if you can't wait. There is a requirement when people accept testing. if anyone gave me that excuses they wouldn't be testing again.

One would think that but most cull long flowering plants and call them impractical people call any thing over 16 or even 12 weeks impractical i call them sativas or sativa leaning hybrids.

Shanti was the first person to allow people to test genetics he planed on releasing i even saw people not even report back after receiving the seed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
;hempy , yes I know you have grown outdoors ,
I wonder if by july and august , its likely quite cold where you live , during the days ...
I wish you had some pictures to share of those grows ,
but we were referring to finishing times where I live vs your indoor grow ,
do you mind me asking how long your thai takes to flower indoors from seed ??

it does seem like its a longer period of flower indoor vs outdoor due to as mentioned the natural elements coming into play ,
cooler , dryer , sun at a different arc ,, etc ...
we don't tend to mimic those things indoors , and I ponder that and the spectrum is what makes things take longer ,
and sometimes they seem to keep growing and never finish ...

It is cold by July August here but we don't get frost and day temps are still warm for winter compared to many places so plants do fine frost is whats going to do the damage not a drop of temps at night.

You do realize that plants use only a small amount of the suns spectrum and light then you have other environmental conditions to deal with from soil conditions to pests and weather growing out doors is not the perfect environment as you make it out Donald.

Every out door grow has issues some years more so than the next yes out doors if legal would be aPreferred option but you could then plant plants with you cannabis as natural pest control you could throw up shade cloth to reduce damage from heavy rain and storms.

But most are not legal and grow indoors and achieve outstanding quality and yields consistently.

Indoor or out should play no roll in the quality of smoke Donald it comes down to genetics have you ever ran the same clones of different plants indoors and out to compere i have trust me no difference in smoke oddly indoors produces a less leafy flower and a more tasty smoke than outdoors you should try it.

What determines flowering is genetics.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey hempy ,
yes i agree in most cases indoor climate is more reliable than outdoor ,
though I don't agree its better
and I reject the idea that only genetics controls the end product ,
in order to get the very best , you ideally grow things where they have become adjusted to over time ,
you know like bananas , pineapples , papaya ,, etc grow better in warmer climates ,
sure you can grow them outside those , and in green houses etc , but they are not quite as good ,
I'm not making this up man , its factual ...

your reference to what you have seen indoor vs outdoor is based on the climate you grew those outdoor plants in ,
the same will not be true in a different climate , somewhere with more intense sunshine for instance and i have not found this where i live ,
in fact i have found the opposite , the outdoor stuff has less leaf and tastes far superior to the indoor ,
particularly since i grow strictly organically,

your not quite seeing the complete picture because you are looking out a tiny window ,
you are ignorant, ie lacking information or knowledge,
you base your "opinions| on a limited knowledge base and have barely been out of your backyard to see anything different ..

ps ,, in climates like where those thai sticks came from , they are predictable ,
its not like the climate you live in ,
the rain finishes the same time every year ,
its sunny and dry after that...
we have a climate nearby me exactly the same,
they have 300 plus sunny days a year ,
the weather is quite predictable , it happens pretty much the same year in year out ...
you can set your watch by it even ...

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Unless you have a perfect season of weather, indoor is a better baseline.... Outdoor would be glorious in good season though.. I still have faith in indoor overall though, because you can drive the vpd and you don't have to deal with clouds..Theres still a lot of people that dont realize LED is good now, and a lot of people that think you cant grow sativa indoor, or indoor weed isn't as good.. Just not true at all. LEDs are amazing. Being able to light the corner of your tent just as bright as the center (with HID only 1 point of light you have strong center ppfd, and weak corner ppfd). You can do hot and humid days with intense light to drive the plants with the humidity as a safety net from burning/rushing nutes.... You can do hot humid and low light so the plants can heal and not overeat... You can do cool dry and low light so plants can soak up some food and have low light as a buffer so they don't overwork... I like to control things intuitively accordingly to the plants situation, or how they look..

At the end of the day though, all of us sativa and haze lovers gotta love each other so people get a chance to smoke real weed instead of just 50 day commercial bud.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
hey hempy ,

your reference to what you have seen indoor vs outdoor is based on the climate you grew those outdoor plants in ,
the same will not be true in a different climate , somewhere with more intense sunshine for instance and i have not found this where i live ,
in fact i have found the opposite , the outdoor stuff has less leaf and tastes far superior to the indoor ,

your not quite seeing the complete picture because you are looking out a tiny window ,
you base your "opinions| on a limited knowledge base and have barely been out of your backyard to see anything different ..

ps ,, in climates like where those thai sticks came from , they are predictable ,
the weather is quite predictable , it happens pretty much the same year in year out ...

What is wrong with you Donald were do you get off calling me ignorant and claiming i have a limited knowledge base and have barely been out of your backyard to see anything different.

What is wrong with you dude you don't no shit about me or my life experiences only an ignorant man would make a claim like that about some one they don't know.

Your full of it and full of your self i am done trying to be nice.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Unless you have a perfect season of weather, indoor is a better baseline.... Outdoor would be glorious in good season though.. I still have faith in indoor overall though, because you can drive the vpd and you don't have to deal with clouds..Theres still a lot of people that dont realize LED is good now, and a lot of people that think you cant grow sativa indoor, or indoor weed isn't as good.. Just not true at all. LEDs are amazing. Being able to light the corner of your tent just as bright as the center (with HID only 1 point of light you have strong center ppfd, and weak corner ppfd). You can do hot and humid days with intense light to drive the plants with the humidity as a safety net from burning/rushing nutes.... You can do hot humid and low light so the plants can heal and not overeat... You can do cool dry and low light so plants can soak up some food and have low light as a buffer so they don't overwork... I like to control things intuitively accordingly to the plants situation, or how they look..

At the end of the day though, all of us sativa and haze lovers gotta love each other so people get a chance to smoke real weed instead of just 50 day commercial bud.

yea I'm pretty impressed with some of the new lights dr young ,
leds are pretty awesome indeed ,
lately the best sativa grows I've seen indoors were done with led lighting ,
pretty impressive how far things have come ,
I'm sure in time they will improve even more ..

btw I'm always dreaming of cloudless days with azure blue skies ,
thankfully i live where i do and get to see plenty of them , hehe ..

TheDarkStorm

hey hempy ,
yes i agree in most cases indoor climate is more reliable than outdoor ,
though I don't agree its better
and I reject the idea that only genetics controls the end product ,
in order to get the very best , you ideally grow things where they have become adjusted to over time ,
you know like bananas , pineapples , papaya ,, etc grow better in warmer climates ,
sure you can grow them outside those , and in green houses etc , but they are not quite as good ,
I'm not making this up man , its factual ...

It sounds like were you are donald you may be getting higher levels of strong far red light and probably alot more uv. In most places away from the equatorial line ive see outdoor bud comes out with more leaves and fluffier bud. Its one of the reasons it usually fetches a lower price in most places in the world. I do know Australia has some of the highest uv levels on the planet....the same may hold true for some parts over there getting alot more far red than most places too.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
fetch?photoid=16049311.jpg
It sounds like were you are donald you may be getting higher levels of strong far red light and probably alot more uv. In most places away from the equatorial line ive see outdoor bud comes out with more leaves and fluffier bud. Its one of the reasons it usually fetches a lower price in most places in the world. I do know Australia has some of the highest uv levels on the planet....the same may hold true for some parts over there getting alot more far red than most places too.

yea i think we have some of the highest uv levels in oz darkie ,
definitely the most skin cancer , white fellas need to be careful up here man ,
high altitude in the tropics can be brutal on white skin ....
the dope likes it though .. lol ...

i added a pic of some i think its U2 from shantis rockin roll series ,
not too leafy as you can see , grown outdoors during our winter/spring season ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.