What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

unnamedmike

I've seen that many times as a kid. Recently it would pop up in Bodhi Dragonsblood. It was never an indication the plant would be quality.

Hey Hammer :tiphat: Second time im seeing plants like this. Curiously, i saw the first ones only 2 months ago + - i dont think this trait is indicative of quality / power either, it seemed to me a curiosity worth sharing.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Hammer :tiphat: Second time im seeing plants like this. Curiously, i saw the first ones only 2 months ago + - i dont think this trait is indicative of quality / power either, it seemed to me a curiosity worth sharing.

Yes, it's an observable trait some Hawaiian genetics carry. It is def more of a curiosity that's not seen often. This is a trait someone could isolate if they wished. I guess some might think the sap color adds quality?.

TheDarkStorm

Quite a few lines cary that red sap trait...ive seen it in columbians, brazilians, Hawaiians and many others including hybrids...I wouldn't say its a sign of quality...probably just a sign of that particular plant carrying a higher ratio of a certain chemical similar to how purple plants do...their are a number of lines were only some plants cary the red sap trait with others that dont, similar to some that do that geutation thing and can give red as well as clear or amber or pink sugary fluid...ive never noticed a plant to be of higher quality or more potency that carries the red sap trait. Tho I guess if you analyze it at a scientific level you may find the trait can be linked to something..but potency I doubt.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have never seen a plant bleed red i know the Hawaiian Maui line called blood did why it got its name but not seen to many report or post this in the years i have been in the forums so its not common.

Be interesting to see what Mike finds at harvest time with the Red vs the non Red sap plants.

Will the plants with the Red smoke the same will they look the same and will there high be the same compered to the non Red sap plants.

The Red sap may end up being a genetic trait from a set plant line that is one of the Haze ancestors that have showed up in Mikes seeds.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
First time i seen it reported in a indica and NL of all things most grown dutch line out there but NL dose have sat heritage

TheDarkStorm

Not sure what causes it in some lines...in some it seems to be genetic because bodi tried breeding for the trait and it worked to a degree...but would taper out in some cases...I think in some cases its caused by high brix and high anthocyanins (I think thats the correct spelling).... you've probably had plants with it and not noticed hempy...as sometimes the consitancy of the red in the sap can be different....it usually turns up quite abit in those plants with thin purpley or stripped purpley strems...or on semi woody thin purple/red stems...although it stands out more so when the stems are green and it shows up....usually it leaves a rust like scab when dried.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks star crash...the top 2 pictures look like the 22 week phenotype that used to pop up out of ghs ssh...the 5th picture looks to mostly hazeC type....intresting pictures..all very haze leaning..did you smoke some of those types...an if so how was the smoke coming out
Hi Dark, unfortunately no & it wasn’t for a lack of trying , but I do kind a remember reaching a certain point when I abandoned them ...They were too extreme and impractical for me at the time >>> just kept going and going and going ...The big fat one was a 12 week or less the smaller chunky Indica one was like a nine week or so.... wasn’t the original goal of super silver haze to produce big fat chunky haze hybrid in practical form for the grower? Those crazy hazy phenotypes seemed really impractical ... the fat ones were really potent spicy peppery tasty

TheDarkStorm

Hi Dark, unfortunately no & it wasn’t for a lack of trying , but I do kind a remember reaching a certain point when I abandoned them ...They were too extreme and impractical for me at the time >>> just kept going and going and going ...The big fat one was a 12 week or less the smaller chunky Indica one was like a nine week or so.... wasn’t the original goal of super silver haze to produce big fat chunky haze hybrid in practical form for the grower? Those crazy hazy phenotypes seemed really impractical ... the fat ones were really potent spicy peppery tasty

The original goal was i belive was nevil sticking two fingers up to ben and creating a line beter than the jack by going through thousands of plants to create it.. it took nevil 2000 plants to find his clone from f1 ssh...it stood out because it was ridiculously strong and fast...the rest were all mad streatchy tall long flowering things..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The original goal was i belive was nevil sticking two fingers up to ben and creating a line beter than the jack by going through thousands of plants to create it.. it took nevil 2000 plants to find his clone from f1 ssh...it stood out because it was ridiculously strong and fast...the rest were all mad streatchy tall long flowering things..

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Huge difference between 12 weeks and 20 weeks... Nothing can prepare you for 20 week’s indoors :groupwave:If you could get it in 12 ....you would take it :blowbubbles:

TheDarkStorm

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.

I tend to like the more stretchy ones hempy...im sure alot would have picked the quicker ones...but ive found a few in hazeC decandants that gave that more beady type structure...they tended to be covered in resin all over even on the stems...and when grown right the product was more intresting.. would be hard to match...in the past ive found ones like that in the ssh, the original g13haze,the old 5 haze...its why I was wondering if star crash managed to try his out...I wish a lot more plants like that were still around...but not many kept those ones

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I tend to like the more stretchy ones hempy...im sure alot would have picked the quicker ones...but ive found a few in hazeC decandants that gave that more beady type structure...they tended to be covered in resin all over even on the stems...and when grown right the product was more intresting.. would be hard to match...in the past ive found ones like that in the ssh, the original g13haze,the old 5 haze...its why I was wondering if star crash managed to try his out...I wish a lot more plants like that were still around...but not many kept those ones

The funny thing for me is out of all of the haze work Nevil did the only one i did not like i tried was the SSH it was the only line i could pick up traces of NL in it and the one i say had what i call the dirty high.

Dont get me wrong they were great plants just not for me.

This was my pick out of all the F1s i ran.
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_521135.jpg Views:	6 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	17855232

bigherb

Veteran
Quite a few lines cary that red sap trait...ive seen it in columbians, brazilians, Hawaiians and many others including hybrids...I wouldn't say its a sign of quality...probably just a sign of that particular plant carrying a higher ratio of a certain chemical similar to how purple plants do...their are a number of lines were only some plants cary the red sap trait with others that dont, similar to some that do that geutation thing and can give red as well as clear or amber or pink sugary fluid...ive never noticed a plant to be of higher quality or more potency that carries the red sap trait. Tho I guess if you analyze it at a scientific level you may find the trait can be linked to something..but potency I doubt.

I experienced a Ohaze x dsd that bled red sap . This was the first I seen or smoked in any Haze or Haze hybrids I’ve personally seen . Pics in Post 1297 from my thread

1luvbigherb

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

wow that's a big difference , cant say I've seen that much in cuttings vs seed of the same variety ,
have you seen that much diff flowering a cutting from a 20 week plant and having it go 6-8 weeks earlier to harvest??

best I've seen is a week or two , not much more , they do develop a bit better on the second and subsequent runs ,
but I've not seen a massive difference as you are noting ...

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
You dont have to worry about Hempy breeding the Haze out of his lines lol.. Most select the heaviest yielding most skunk influenced phenos in the SSH/Mangohz that ive seen. That looks close to Ohaze as it gets. With probably no visible difference only improvement on a genetic, cannabinoid level. A nice selection for not straying too far in 1 generation, and racing toward skunk or nl dominance longterm.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
wow that's a big difference , cant say I've seen that much in cuttings vs seed of the same variety ,
have you seen that much diff flowering a cutting from a 20 week plant and having it go 6-8 weeks earlier to harvest??

best I've seen is a week or two , not much more , they do develop a bit better on the second and subsequent runs ,
but I've not seen a massive difference as you are noting ...

Its a well known Fact the clone plants can come in faster than the seed plant Donald but were did i say 8 weeks or 6 weeks faster than the seed plant ?.

What i posted was

[/QUOTE]Originally posted by@hempy View Post

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If your growing a haze hybrid and there all hybrids by the way your growing them for that special high not the look not the smell and clearly not the fast flowering time now i never saw a haze hybrid from seed even a 50% haze ever go 12 weeks. They were longer flowering more around the 18 weeks some even longer.

My Nevils Haze F2s are at week 10 and 4 days almost 11 weeks now i cant see these finishing for at lest 6 to 8 more weeks as a guess.

You dont grow Haze if you want fast flowering plants if were talking the Widow then i would expect 11 to 12 weeks.

Sub24ox7

Exactly what I found in one o. Haze/skunk#1 x Hawaiian indica was different then all the rest, resin on stems and pearl shaped calyx that get extremely covered and this female was the one that pollinated everything in the grow room lightly and the progeny I have tested have resin in stems and pearl calyx too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts