What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkStorm

He gave me some years ago some of his S1 seeds, which was accidentally made after a light leak.Cutting is about 30+ years old.

That looks like sams original old skunk haze...just to clarify am I understanding it right that thats what it is mexcurandero (skunk haze)did you have many of those...if so were they all similar looking with similar flower times and structure ? Thanks...does look nice.

bigherb

Veteran
That looks like sams original old skunk haze...just to clarify am I understanding it right that thats what it is mexcurandero (skunk haze)did you have many of those...if so were they all similar looking with similar flower times and structure ? Thanks...does look nice.

Funny you say that

when I looked I thought she very much resembles MNS Skunk Haze

1luvbigherb

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

It's OHz x Sk#1 indeed.I had a few others too among which a red stem phenotype.

TheDarkStorm

Funny you say that

when I looked I thought she very much resembles MNS Skunk Haze

1luvbigherb

If you could put up a picture that would be cool big herb....I normally found sams to be more upright..more slimmer very old school sativa type..very distinct structure candlebra type and distinct flower structure...not really foxtailing...although it was also made by sam with the parents the opposite way around (i believe the above one is the one that uses the haze on the female side hence the more so haze structure..i would guess its the same haze star crash recently grew)..with the skunk used as a mother which gave a more squatter shape, with the buds more rounded and not so airy...again not really foxtailing....but I think sssc claim to have made a actual crossing themselves...so who knows....again tho mexicoranderos does have one nice looking plant there...and I have to say big ups to him for keeping it going for so long...nice to see

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That says it all hempy.
I rest my case.
:tiphat:

Nevil spoke of his haze work and breading in detail to me Sammy and i am sure to a few others he did all the work him self the one regret he had was he never took clones of the female plant that would just not stop flowering but he did make seed using that plant. I asked him specific questions on that plant and i told him why i think it did what it did and it was not genetic related all plants have finishing points.

The germination and work with Haze started at the castle.

So what you trying to tell us Sammy ?.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Posted by Nevil

The variety I grew the most of was NL5xHzC. No. 1 came out in the first batch of about 20 females. Over the years I’ve grown 1000s. In most respects, it was still the best. No.122, the one Shanti dubbed the Mango, came after year of searching, a tireless quest on my part. Aspiring growers often came to see me and I regularly made them start with 5Hz seed. There are a few cuts around from those exploits, but they weren’t as good as 1 and 122. But almost. As I said before, there’s not a sea of difference between the best out of 50 and the best out of 1000. But there is a difference for the most discerning.
N.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I found this interesting.

coxnox -Posted December 29, 2011

hi sam,

if you're talking about jgl pictures of A5, you're right it's not nevil's A5 cut, but it's from seeds found in a A5 bag in a very well know(for their haze) coffeeshop from maastricht, a belgian guy did grow that seeds and found a nice lady, he's growing her for 6years and she's been spread for 1 years now. that's the story about that princess.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
So what you trying to tell us Sammy ?.

When Nevil moved to Holland he wasn’t the “King” of cannabis, he was a rehabilitating Heroin junky.
He then got a brief relationship with his Neighbours daughter. This girl had a big brother: Bonk.
He and his friends were already active members of the Dutch cannabis culture who embraced quality import Hashish.
These people inspired & helped Nevil to start a business of his own working the plant.
From there Nevil took things to a completely different league and got pretty successful very rapidly with his own enterprises which lead to his status as being the “King” of cannabis which eventually lead to distance between Nevil and what I always refer to as his first crew: Bonk and his two best friends, all about 10-15 years older and more experienced then Nevil was back then.
Maybe there’s a reason Nevil didn’t mention them to you as these people knew Nevil as a young junky who they helped becoming how we got to know Nevil, as successful breeder.
You could say Nevil also stood on the shoulders of Giants to become how we know him today.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When Nevil moved to Holland he wasn’t the “King” of cannabis, he was a rehabilitating Heroin junky.
He then got a brief relationship with his Neighbours daughter. This girl had a big brother: Bonk.
He and his friends were already active members of the Dutch cannabis culture who embraced quality import Hashish.
These people inspired & helped Nevil to start a business of his own working the plant.
From there Nevil took things to a completely different league and got pretty successful very rapidly with his own enterprises which lead to his status as being the “King” of cannabis which eventually lead to distance between Nevil and what I always refer to as his first crew: Bonk and his two best friends, all about 10-15 years older and more experienced then Nevil was back then.
Maybe there’s a reason Nevil didn’t mention them to you as these people knew Nevil as a young junky who they helped becoming how we got to know Nevil, as successful breeder.
You could say Nevil also stood on the shoulders of Giants to become how we know him today.

You know Sammy i lost all respect for you when i read what Mustafunk posted you know his conversation with Nevil were Nevil point blank says you got what you wanted and then avoided Nevils correspondence and your arrangement.

Since Nevils passing all i have seen is personal attacks on Nevil and people ether trying to cash in on his name or others trying to destroy his legacy.

Nevil started the seed industry he got a grant from the government to do it no one else but Nevil did that and yes he went to Holland or more was sent to Holland to clean up his act and he did.

He moved in with family his first crew was his cousins but the Nevil i knew relied on him self.

Nevil stood on his on two feet Sammy and lets be honest here most stood on his shoulders.

Yes you mention “pathetic” and and that is what your exhibiting here Sammy.

Now i get why Nevil spend 30 years trying to leave Holland to get back home.

This is not how stoners act it use to be about respect and sharing having a common goal to see it legal throw in $ and ego and you get what we see playing out here.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
You know Sammy i lost all respect for you when i read what Mustafunk posted you know his conversation with Nevil were Nevil point blank says you got what you wanted and then avoided Nevils correspondence and your arrangement.

Since Nevils passing all i have seen is personal attacks on Nevil and people ether trying to cash in on his name or others trying to destroy his legacy.

Nevil started the seed industry he got a grant from the government to do it no one else but Nevil did that and yes he went to Holland or more was sent to Holland to clean up his act and he did.

He moved in with family his first crew was his cousins but the Nevil i knew relied on him self.

Nevil stood on his on two feet Sammy and lets be honest here most stood on his shoulders.

Yes you mention “pathetic” and and that is what your exhibiting here Sammy.

Now i get why Nevil spend 30 years trying to leave Holland to get back home.

This is not how stoners act it use to be about respect and sharing having a common goal to see it legal throw in $ and ego and you get what we see playing out here.

Sorry hempy but you lost me here
Someday you might actually realise that i never disrespected Nevils work, on the contrary, I gave him all the credit for it.
Respecting a mans work is different to idolising it or the man behind it.
I know your friendship with Nevil causes your lack of understanding the bigger picture for now.
Give it some time and try to open yourself to the fact that Nevil might shared his version of the story with you. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s complete.

Your post speaks volumes about yourself and how you judge others through your own ignorance and arrogance.

Have a good one... stoner,

JohnnyChicago

Best Coffeeshop ever :)
Always brought my Haze from that palce, when I went to Amsterdam.
And I know very well Amsterdam.

Raho thanks for your post
Click image for larger version  Name:	maxcys.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	17848990

Attachments

• maxcys.jpg
    maxcys.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Sorry hempy but you lost me here
Someday you might actually realise that i never disrespected Nevils work, on the contrary, I gave him all the credit for it.
Respecting a mans work is different to idolising it or the man behind it.
I know your friendship with Nevil causes your lack of understanding the bigger picture for now.
Give it some time and try to open yourself to the fact that Nevil might shared his version of the story with you. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s complete.

Your post speaks volumes about yourself and how you judge others through your own ignorance and arrogance.

Have a good one... stoner,

Why not make these claims when Nevil was a live Sammy instead you start posting this shit when his gone and unable to respond.

Its easy to sit back and rubbish people Sammy especially when the other person is no longer here to defend them self's.

The Canna community is not that big Sammy people are reading this have been watching and know whats going on lets leave it there.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Why not make these claims when Nevil was a live Sammy instead you start posting this shit when his gone and unable to respond.

Its easy to sit back and rubbish people Sammy especially when the other person is no longer here to defend them self's.

The Canna community is not that big Sammy people are reading this have been watching and know whats going on lets leave it there.

FYI hempy, I started posting about these old cuttings way before Nevil passed away.
I gladly shared them with friends around the world so the flame kept on burning.
Nevil got credit for their creation.
Others got credit for preservation which is something completely different.

Again your claims are based on nothing more than your own ignorance & arrogance.

TheDarkStorm

You guys should chill abit...this thread sometimes gets to a point were people dont want to visit it...we just go round and round in circles...or we see people giving sly digs to one another...all of you guys are better than this..each with good that you can contribute to the community...with personal disagreements it may be better take it to pm. As for nevil what made him stand out was his breeding skills which he had acquired at quite a young age, and with cannabis he was able to take that to extreams.

Hempy I can verify that karma definitely has a A5 cutting as from what ive tried an ive seen similar phenotypes definitely come out of the original 97 nevils haze....wether its a certain selected cutting or come from a seed given to someone I dont know...only nevil would have know exactly what it was once in his hands...unfortunately that wasnt ment to be....it could be any one of many nevil used between 1986 and 1989 as nevil used many different a5 cuttings at this time period...the cut known as a5 2a was selected by nevil in 1989 but he had made many hybrids before this including nevils haze using other a5 cuttings...he even had male a5 cuttings at one point....as to the c5 I haven't tried the cut sammy holds...it does look different to the c5 1 to me...but same again only nevil himself would have know what exactly was what...so there is no point in us arguing....but those who tried the actual original f1 lines nevil made himself will know if the cuttings are original f1's as believe me futher generations and imitations are not the same.....a prime example of this is the ssh which for the last 15 odd years has been a pale shadow of what it originally was.

Id also like to say...saying things repeatedly like nevil was a junky is not very nice...yes nevil may not be here with us any more...but he still has family, children and friends that dont need to see derogatory term used against him..as if thats all he was and couldn't do or be nothing else without certain people. Drug depend people can only help themselves...nevil was a former drug user who over came this issue, which isn't very easy and I think its more better to remember this point....it would be nice if we could just do things more civily..especially were those who are no longer with us ar concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts