What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi Dr FeelzGood Nevil's Haze normally 7 and up but going 11/13 instead of 12/12 made a huge difference in sexing i have a few to sex still but i think what needs to be pointed out here is that dose not mean there going to flower faster.

Ive done a couple of nevs packs and mine were around the same.

Stocktont

Veteran
I don't live in the tropics i live in the subtropics but have holidayed in the tropics.

Well it’s pretty obvious you haven’t lived close to the equator for a long time or the photoperiod thing would probably be easier for your to understand.

A plant in veg focuses its energy on growing roots to anchor itself and grow future flower sites once it is put in flower by the length of light it focuses its energy into flower its not complicated Stocktant.

We were talking about flowering response, not what the plant does when it flowers. I agree it’s not complicated, lol.

When the light goes down to 12 hours or less, the leaves start to manufacture a substance that triggers flowering, which gets transported to all over the plant. This substance is called florigen or flowering hormone.

some more stating facts that have nothing to do with the RESPONSE to flower but define some flowering processes…

As a guess in he tropics it has more to do with the distance of the sun as Seasons are caused by the fact that the Earth is tilted on its axis by 23.5°.

Where would the ”tilt” have the most effect, the equator or far north/south on the globe close to the poles? LOL. I have lived for years single digit of degrees north of the equator and I have spend even more time in the other extreme on this scale, far north on the globe so I am fully aware of the effects of the ”tilt” but you seem to be confused on it. I think the photoperiod has far more to do with why SE-Asian cannabis seem to take longer to RESPOND to ”flowering times” than the differences in distance to the sun between seasons. Again, where would that effect be greater, the north pole or the equator?

You also have wet and the dry seasons in the tropics.

REALLY! Shit I must have missed that every year… LOL sorry for the sarcasm but this was a real fine example of stating the obvious that had nothing to do with the argument at hand. But yes, I am aware of the monsoon, hard to not to be, what is your point with that?

Places like Hawaii and parts here also have 3 grow seasons 2 short and a long one.

You can have any number of seasons you want, we were talking about equatorial types of cannabis and the tropical climate. Which types of cannabis originate from Hawaii? What types are they growing getting 3 seasons a year? If you grow SE-Asian cannabis in SE-Asia and want to grow them to maturity you will not be able to pull off three of those grows a year in the same field, I would like to see you do two and what the quality of both of those were. Also growing plants that mature faster generally would impose other problems in the tropical climate but sure it could be done. You CAN do a lot of things. I fail to see what this had to do with the flower response we were talking about but…

As for tropical/equatorial varieties i know plenty but maybe you can tell us all why some Thai sativas can show sex at 4 weeks under 12/12 and others need between 3 to 4 months to show sex under 12/12 ?

You’re funny, now you want me to tell you why something that you claim is true, good one!.

see my replies above

G

I am reading mixed revues of late on the current NH all i can go on is my own experiences and i rate them extremely high hope you saw what i did mate.

Mine were from 08ish so don't know about the newer newer stuff.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe they were being a little conservative with the truth regarding the flowering times.
Nevs original nl/haze took us 16 weeks to flower and it sure wasn't advertised as that also TFD o haze was originally advertised as 12 weeks to flower and it took 20. The later TFD packs then changed saying 12 to 14 weeks to flower but still wrong.
I’m really loving the High from the Original Haze :whee:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I’m really loving the High from the Original Haze :whee:

So a new convert lol
image_1936657.jpg

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've grown original haze a few times but i will never grow haze from seed to harvest again as it takes about 6 months to even show sex, but i was running them 13-11 veg the 11-13 bloom roughly trying to match the tropics and flowering time is more like 20-24 weeks. The smoke from it was really pleasant but not the massive hitter everyone thinks. Don't get me wrong there are some very special plants to be found in both sexes (1 in every 10-15 females will be very special). The best way i've found to grow them is wack'em on 18/6 until you can take cuttings, then once rooted put them straight into bloom 12/12 and they will show their sex quicker but it will still take the same time in bloom. This is why i made Big Haze (chronic x haze), it really bulked up the buds and lowered the flowering time to between 13 and 15 weeks but i've had a few flower in 11 weeks. The flowering time for the original haze is very long at 22-26 weeks, but if you've got the time and space to find a fem you could be in for a very nice surprise. Seedbay may have some Big haze in at the moment but when i last asked there was only a few packs left but if you would like me to restock them PM me................................................................................................................................................. Pic1 Original Haze at 10 weeks 12/12
6859Original_Haze_10_weeks_bloom_31-05-08_a.jpg

Pic2 Big Haze
6859Big_Haze_17-11-07.JPG
Notice how much bigger the buds are on the Big haze at 12 weeks?

Bnyest

image0.jpeg

Mango A5

image1 (1).jpeg

Metal dragon f2 x Chem91s1 x (herijuana x yeti og f3)

image4.jpeg

Metal dragon f2 x Chem91s1 x (herijuana x yeti og f3)

image3.jpeg

Headbanger og dom

All 4 kinda sort of accidentally pollinated by O haze from Todd :)

RingtailCanyon

Question for you Todd what did you see when you inbreed Haze and produced the next generation that are now in seed.

Did this ever get answered?

I'm a little lost in the haze. Does todd sell original haze seeds from Sam that he reproduced? or did he cross it with a "ON" Original nevilles haze? Those photos did not look anything like haze to me. even seeded.

Can some of you haze experts tell me the best original haze that is available? I've already got most of the mr.nice hazes.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

I'm a little lost in the haze. Does todd sell original haze seeds from Sam that he reproduced? or did he cross it with a "ON" Original nevilles haze? Those photos did not look anything like haze to me. even seeded.

Can some of you haze experts tell me the best original haze that is available? I've already got most of the mr.nice hazes.

I don't think he ever did he got seed from Sam that Sam produced in Holland and grew them out and with the help of Rob Clark selected the plants to then make seed with.

Cant help with what the best Ohaze currently offered is but the inbreed work from Johnny seams to be well received by all that grow it so i would have to say Johnny's going by that but i don't think there available commercially.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
...First I've heard of Rob helping Todd with selection. Did I miss a key post? When did that info come out?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
...First I've heard of Rob helping Todd with selection. Did I miss a key post? When did that info come out?

It was posted in this thread by Sam good luck finding it but Sam gave Todd the Haze seed and Rob helped in the selection of the plants used to make the seed.

Bnyest

Todd’s answer when I asked him about wider leafed phenos.

“There is a lot of variation in Original Haze as it has been kept as an IBL since the 70’s.

A lot of the original Haze males had an incredible scent to them, if you are doing some breeding I would recommend growing it out and seeing what you think of it structure and aroma.

You may also see more narrow leaves as the plant grows into maturity.

I had never had original Haze seeds prior to getting them directly from Skunkman Sam, and I was rather surprised at the range within the variety once I started growing it. The one thing that is very much alike in all of Original Haze prodigy is the Haze terpenes.

Did you get any females? Usually I get more females than males when I grow original Haze.”
Todd McCormick

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Todd’s answer when I asked him about wider leafed phenos.

“There is a lot of variation in Original Haze as it has been kept as an IBL since the 70’s.

A lot of the original Haze males had an incredible scent to them, if you are doing some breeding I would recommend growing it out and seeing what you think of it structure and aroma.

You may also see more narrow leaves as the plant grows into maturity.

I had never had original Haze seeds prior to getting them directly from Skunkman Sam, and I was rather surprised at the range within the variety once I started growing it. The one thing that is very much alike in all of Original Haze prodigy is the Haze terpenes.

Did you get any females? Usually I get more females than males when I grow original Haze.”
Todd McCormick

Even Nevil found a brad leaf Haze in the early Haze seed he got from Sam but he culled it.

A lot of sativas start off with a leaf that is a little broad not like a indica but not narrow as some think then as they start to go into flower they start to grow single narrow leaf Thai do it and seen plenty of haze hybrids that do it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.