What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyChicago

Oldtimers Haze x Original Haze F2, week 3 from seed
F1 took 16-22 weeks.
Original Haze father 18-20 weeker.
Oldtimers Haze mother 16 weeks.
100% of the plants used, are documented here on icmag.

You can also make the OH faster, if that is what you want, but you will end with something that has as Haze only the name.
Click image for larger version  Name:	preflower.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.4 KB ID:	17827181

Attachments

• photo2035789.jpg
    photo2035789.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 13
  • preflower.jpg
    preflower.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 13

GoatCheese

Veteran
Seriously Donald. Do you really think I do not know that?

Well, bro, that is what your earlier reply to Hempy implied. Read it again.
Maybe if you’d focus on talking about Haze/breeding more than making petty shots at Hempy, your replies would be more spot on the first time. Learn to articulate your thoughts a bit better and don’t blame others if you didn’t.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Seriously Donald. Do you really think I do not know that?

im glad ,,
u said to hempy it will make it slower by inbreeding it rather than faster as he thought ,
hence my comment ,
(it depends on the parent u select as to which way things go in the next generation ,)
thats why i commented as i did ,
i was not trying to treat u like an idiot ...
so no need to act as though i was ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

Well, bro, that is what your earlier reply to Hempy implied. Read it again.
Maybe if you’d focus on talking about Haze/breeding more than making petty shots at Hempy, your replies would be more spot on the first time. Learn to articulate your thoughts a bit better and don’t blame others if you didn’t.

im glad i wasnt the only one to react and notice that gc ,
i was confused about the answer also
and its why i made the post i did just to be sure i was understanding correctly
or that he may have not articulated as well as he could have ...

Limeygreen

Veteran
I am planing to why its important to find the right NH male i am going to follow what Nevil told me and what he suggested people do in posts he made in what he felt the direction Haze needed to go.

If you like to try pure haze onto your thai I am sure it can be arranged too, will be interesting to see your results.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Oldtimers Haze x Original Haze F2, week 3 from seed
F1 took 16-22 weeks.
Original Haze father 18-20 weeker.
Oldtimers Haze mother 16 weeks.
100% of the plants used, are documented here on icmag.

You can also make the OH faster, if that is what you want, but you will end with something that has as Haze only the name.

Hi Johnny i know the flowering times of Haze but my questions was more focused on the time it takes the plants to show early sex from the time they are put into flower from veg stage indoors from 18/6 to 12/12.

I worked out today that dropping to 11/13 from 12/12 can speed up the sexing part of flowering but i highly doubt it would the over all flower time by much if at all.

acespicoli

with regards to your haze variety the best time to harvest will be when about 70% of the trichome heads are milky and the other 30% are amber.

This advice sound about right ?

JohnnyChicago

Hi Johnny i know the flowering times of Haze but my questions was more focused on the time it takes the plants to show early sex from the time they are put into flower from veg stage indoors from 18/6 to 12/12.

I worked out today that dropping to 11/13 from 12/12 can speed up the sexing part of flowering but i highly doubt it would the over all flower time by much if at all.

Hey Hempy, thought you were meaning 4 or 7 weeks from seed. Not from 12/12.
Therefore my response.

If you have questions about the Seedsman Haze you can also per p.m.
I am happy to respond. Only slow, often very slow :)

Stocktont

Veteran
Good for you to work this out today! After (according to you) more than 40 years of growing ”the best” you finally made some progress, congratulations, so happy for you! Good luck with your grow!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

i wonder what would happen if you didnt veg them at 18/6 and instead mimicked a tropical season with 13/11 ,
and then down to 11/13 ,
maybe the flowering time would be reduced , if only a little perhaps ,
it would be an interesting experiment nevertheless ,

i do know they seem to flower a lot longer indoors than outdoors in the tropics ...
my only guess is the hours , and of course the season changing as the plants go into flower ,
im sure all these things have probably been tried already ,
maybe im just thinking aloud ...

G

BCO_-_Pure_Haze

PMP_-_The_Blood (if anyone has the red sap "blood" lets see it)

-more church less nonsense :biggrin: me sending everyone only good vibes >>>
Breeder_Choice_Organisation_-_Pure_Haze.jpg - Click image for larger version Name:	Breeder_Choice_Organisation_-_Pure_Haze.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	17826980

Breeders choice haze at 20 weeks.
TFD hazes is no longer pure mac tried it recently and there's posts over in there forum from around ten years ago saying its no longer the same as it was.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If you like to try pure haze onto your thai I am sure it can be arranged too, will be interesting to see your results.

Thanks for the kind offer Limeygreen i will stick with the Nevil's Haze for now and follow what Nevil suggested.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Good for you to work this out today! After (according to you) more than 40 years of growing ”the best” you finally made some progress, congratulations, so happy for you! Good luck with your grow!

Dont be a smart ass Stocktont your welcome in my thread but show some basic respect.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
i wonder what would happen if you didnt veg them at 18/6 and instead mimicked a tropical season with 13/11 ,
and then down to 11/13 ,
maybe the flowering time would be reduced , if only a little perhaps ,
it would be an interesting experiment nevertheless ,

i do know they seem to flower a lot longer indoors than outdoors in the tropics ...
my only guess is the hours , and of course the season changing as the plants go into flower ,
im sure all these things have probably been tried already ,
maybe im just thinking aloud ...

I was reading that Tom Hills Haze (Haze 19) started to sex in week 4 i assume under 12/12 today.

I veg under 18/6 but if i went to 13/11 from germination sativas and heavy sativa hybrids seed it be no different to 12/12 were you end up with almost spear like plants but yield is reduced greatly.Having a four week veg at 18/6 greatly increases yield and that is what its about.

Out doors people plant seed any were from September to October the plants start to sex some as late as now.

That one hour reduction in flower time going from 12/12 to 11/13 cut weeks from the time plants showed early sex after 18/6 i am happy with that.

acespicoli

Breeders choice haze at 20 weeks.
TFD hazes is no longer pure mac tried it recently and there's posts over in there forum from around ten years ago saying its no longer the same as it was.

I got some of the TFD haze not sure anyone will be able to snag more of that, seems that thing may be ending...
nice ! you been running that bco one for awhile ?
best time to harvest the haze I hear is 70% cloudy 30% red on the trichomes sound about right ?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I was reading that Tom Hills Haze (Haze 19) started to sex in week 4 i assume under 12/12 today.

I veg under 18/6 but if i went to 13/11 from germination sativas and heavy sativa hybrids seed it be no different to 12/12 were you end up with almost spear like plants but yield is reduced greatly.Having a four week veg at 18/6 greatly increases yield and that is what its about.

Out doors people plant seed any were from September to October the plants start to sex some as late as now.

That one hour reduction in flower time going from 12/12 to 11/13 cut weeks from the time plants showed early sex after 18/6 i am happy with that.

oh i dont think you quite understood what i was saying hempy ,
i mean if u use 13/11 to veg rather than 18/6 ,
in the hope that when u turn the hours down to 11/13
that the total time of flowering may be reduced slightly,

i just pondered if the hours so long which are not typical of days those sativas are used to ,
might delay the flowering time overall ,

im sure they do grow faster under the longer hours ,
but i just wonder if we are not buying ourselves an extended flowering time in the process ..

where i live and in many other tropical places where cannabis has been renowned to grow ,
the longest day is 13 hours and the shortest day is 11 ,
so the plants will vegetate despite the 13 hour days seeming short to some folks ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
oh i dont think you quite understood what i was saying hempy ,
i mean if u use 13/11 to veg rather than 18/6 ,
in the hope that when u turn the hours down to 11/13
that the total time of flowering may be reduced slightly,

i just pondered if the hours so long which are not typical of days those sativas are used to ,
might delay the flowering time overall ,

im sure they do grow faster under the longer hours ,
but i just wonder if we are not buying ourselves an extended flowering time in the process ..

where i live and in many other tropical places where cannabis has been renowned to grow ,
the longest day is 13 hours and the shortest day is 11 ,
so the plants will vegetate despite the 13 hour days seeming short to some folks ...

No i fully understood what you posted Donald.

What i am saying is as a result of that your yield will be largely reduced now for a four week veg of 18/6 before you go into 11/13 the benefit of the 4 week veg is hugely beneficial to your end yields.

I would rather just run clones as they can but not always come in faster than seed plants.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I found this interesting.

Happened upon a pack of original Tom Hill's Haze P1 stock. LED and Organic amended soil. 100% germination. LST'd. 1 plant was a runt that made it up after 2 weeks and is behind the rest but bounced back under hps. 1 we think was a Deep Chunk. No big deal but I did cull it. I have a pack of DC and not running any Indica, I know DC stays short so it wouldn't have gotten much light anyway and I'd rather have the space for something else. 2 OHz reveg'd going along side. 4 Girls and 4 Males and the runt is unsexed in 18/6. Pull males today pics may not reflect that.

I will have to check but I think they are 2 or 3 weeks in on 12/12.

2 of the 4 are just starting to show resin pics at this point would still be underwhelming but expect them to start taking off as they are at 4.5 weeks now. They grow very similar to the other Ohaze structurally.

The runt showed male. Not sure I'll keep him around as the others are well into bloom and I've removed a few tops and placed in a glass of water to collect some. I did try to pollenate both the THH and Todd with a mix of the pollen using a small paint brush.

So under 12/12 Haze 19 is showing early sex at week 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts