What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All i know is what i saw Hammer i got 20 n a bit seed from the first F1s i ordered and over 40 F1s in the second i grew 30 ruffly left the rest in storage long term and i only saw plants that resembled jungle sats as seen in the pics i posted.

Yes i know how genetics work you can get grand dads great grand dads popping up but i never saw a NL or NL leaning plant.

The mom of NH looks like a pure sat we all know what Haze C dose when used maybe its him.

So since you never got any NL in any of the plants you grew that means no one will. Your experience isn't the same as what others find. You should know that

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So since you never got any NL in any of the plants you grew that means no one will. Your experience isn't the same as what others find. You should know that

I did a complete grow threads on Nevil's Haze at Cannabis world i grew lots of F1s to have an understanding of what the F1s grew like mate.

How many Nevil's Haze F1s have you grown out i posted pictures not my best pics but still i have them posted did you see any NL looking plants no trust me if i had they be binned.

I don't know what the current Nevil haze being offered is like i only know what the 97 Nevil's haze is like.

Dose Nevil's haze have NL5 in its breeding yes the mother to NH is a very sativa leaning 5HzA and that was crossed to the HazeC.

Loving all the history and pics in this thread.
Can you good people help this haze-deprived folk and direct me to some decent hybrid/haze offerings available? We haven't had Jack over here in years and I'm going crazy.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a complete grow threads on Nevil's Haze at Cannabis world i grew lots of F1s to have an understanding of what the F1s grew like mate.

How many Nevil's Haze F1s have you grown out i posted pictures not my best pics but still i have them posted did you see any NL looking plants no trust me if i had they be binned.

I don't know what the current Nevil haze being offered is like i only know what the 97 Nevil's haze is like.

Dose Nevil's haze have NL5 in its breeding yes the mother to NH is a very sativa leaning 5HzA and that was crossed to the HazeC.

It doesn't matter how many you grow. Your opinion is yours alone. It doesn't have any effect on what someone else finds. You saying its not possible to find NL in the line that carries those genetics is dishonest.

The right response would be out of all the plants I've grown I never found any plants that were like NL.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It doesn't matter how many you grow. Your opinion is yours alone. It doesn't have any effect on what someone else finds. You saying its not possible to find NL in the line that carries those genetics is dishonest.

The right response would be out of all the plants I've grown I never found any plants that were like NL.

I said just that Hammer but you never answered me have you grown out any NH f1s your self ?.

Have you grown any of Nevil's Haze work in F1 form your self.

This is a 50% haze F2 i made all the seed to date i tested over 40 F2s so far looked sativa not a NL expressive or SK expressive to date.

Attachments

• photo521395.jpg
    photo521395.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 14

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
the reason you don't see any that look indica is because the sativa structure dominates in the haze crosses,
its plain to see in all of them ,
that doesn't mean that by smoking them one won't find some effects that have come from the nl..

i thought u said Shanti uses the same parents as Nevil did hempy ?? if that's the case, then the current offerings will be the same as the stuff you first grew right ?? ,
or would they be more like the f2 you are growing??

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
the reason you don't see any that look indica is because the sativa structure dominates in the haze crosses,
its plain to see in all of them ,
that doesn't mean that by smoking them one won't find some effects that have come from the nl..

i thought u said Shanti uses the same parents as Nevil did hempy ?? if that's the case, then the current offerings will be the same as the stuff you first grew right ?? ,
or would they be more like the f2 you are growing??

I have smoked NL5 and was offered seed trust me i know what that is i don't like it even in minute forms and as i don't like NL why would i be growing personal smoke if it was present in the smoke as you claim Donald.

I think the best person to judge my cannabis would be me or those that have smoke it no ?.

I don't know what the current MrNice Nevil's haze is like i only grew the 97 version but yes Donald Shantibaba is the only person to get Nevil's plant library that was authenticated by Nevil on line and the only person to be.

Seams to be a huge effort by some to set in stone Nevils Haze work smokes more like a NL than a true Haze why is that.

How do you know what my NH F2s look like you havnt seen them they dont look look NL come on man don't assume so would you call kangas MM NL looking ?.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
you always talk in absolute certainties

most things are not like that hempy ,, i think you know that ,
you have already said with breeding a parent can be seen in a line down the track ,

if there is 2 parents ,, then be sure traits of each are in the hybrid , there is no escaping that man ,
whether you notice it or not ,, someone may do ,
we are not all the same and some folks have sensitivities others dont .
so saying there is no nl in a plant that is a hybrid containing that is just not correct ,, its there , you just dont notice ...

the reference to f2s , why is that such a problem for you ,
if shanti lost the parents he once had , the current offerings would be f2s ,
as are yours , there would be some similarities , i dont have to see them to make that call ,
this is just how it works ....

for the record i have not attacked you at all , so settle down man and dont be so defensive ,
there is no need for it ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
you always talk in absolute certainties

most things are not like that hempy ,, i think you know that ,
you have already said with breeding a parent can be seen in a line down the track ,

if there is 2 parents ,, then be sure traits of each are in the hybrid , there is no escaping that man ,
whether you notice it or not ,, someone may do ,
we are not all the same and some folks have sensitivities others dont .
so saying there is no nl in a plant that is a hybrid containing that is just not correct ,, its there , you just dont notice ...

the reference to f2s , why is that such a problem for you ,
if shanti lost the parents he once had , the current offerings would be f2s ,
as are yours , there would be some similarities , i dont have to see them to make that call ,
this is just how it works ...

for the record i have not attacked you at all , so settle down man and dont be so defensive ,
there is no need for it ...

I don't think assuming a breeder has lost his breeding stock with out having him or her say so is constructive or positive in any way i think you should contact shanti with that question mate rather than post it here.

The SSH i grew that were all heavy haze expressive had a NL element to there high and that is why i culled them.

Even Nevil agreed SSH had the NL element to her the rest to date have not or they be in the bin to along with the SSH.

Attachments

• photo521135.jpg
    photo521135.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 14

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
oh i didnt assume anything man ,
u said you dont know what the current offerings of nh are like ,
but as i said if they used the same parents , they are the same as you had that you say were made by nevil ,
there should be no difference correct??
i wondered why nevil wanted seeds he made rather than ones shanti made ,
if they are the same parents , there is no difference , essentially they are the same seed no matter who makes them if the same parents are used ,
you understand what im getting at right??

i dont have to ask shanti about it , he says he is using the same parents ,
i asked you because u seem to think there is a difference between the oens nevil made and the ones shanti made ,
which there isnt as long as they are using the same parents ....

one day it would be nice for you to try a bunch of unadulterated haze ,
so you can see what nl in fact does add to the cross with nevils haze ,
since you have not tried it without nl , you in fact cant know ,
get onto some haze with no nl in it hempy ,,
my recommendation would be some ohaze x thh that mad mac made ,
they should be fantastic imho
id be keen to try those also since i have not tried uncrossed haze either ,
but i sure like the sound of what the guys say about it ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
oh i didnt assume anything man ,
u said you dont know what the current offerings of nh are like ,

but as i said if they used the same parents , they are the same as you had that you say were made by nevil ,
there should be no difference correct??

i wondered why nevil wanted seeds he made rather than ones shanti made ,
if they are the same parents , there is no difference , essentially they are the same seed no matter who makes them if the same parents are used ,
you understand what im getting at right??

i dont have to ask shanti about it , he says he is using the same parents ,
i asked you because u seem to think there is a difference between the oens nevil made and the ones shanti made ,
which there isnt as long as they are using the same parents ....

one day it would be nice for you to try a bunch of unadulterated haze ,
so you can see what nl in fact does add to the cross with nevils haze ,
since you have not tried it without nl , you in fact cant know ,
get onto some haze with no nl in it hempy ,,
my recommendation would be some ohaze x thh that mad mac made ,
they should be fantastic imho
id be keen to try those also since i have not tried uncrossed haze either ,
but i sure like the sound of what the guys say about it ...

Well i would guess Nevil wanted to grow out seed he had made him self and no Donald i don't assume the seed made in 97 by Nevil are different to what is being offered now but others have in this thread. I just point out i have not grown later NH to be able to tell if there was a difference if at all.

I do have an understanding of what pure haze is Donald Nevil him self likened my Thai to Haze A and i have also smoked the old tripping weed and the old Mullum grown in main arm NH and a few more of the Haze hybrids. What you are not aware of clearly is the common link in the type of affect they all share.

You and a few more keep bring up Claiming NL being present in Nevil's haze and also claim Haze is pure Columbine well a hybrid of Pure Columbine even when Sam and Rob Clark posted saying it had Thai Colombian blood. What you guys fail to understand is Colombian Sativas All the ones i grew and smoked had an element of stone to there strong highs.

You knew that Colombians had a touch of stone to there highs right ?.

I plan on trying Sams Haze in time.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Did you even see my post on there call him out on the NL#1?

FYI Greg McAllister wasn't the one that gave Nevil the NL seed line nor the NL#5 clone, it's was Don aka "the Indian", 100% confirmed.

Greg McAllister has been trying to rewite himself into the NL history but his stories are falling apart by his own lies.

That could be and if he is trying to rewrite history good luck with him.Real history is always to finds its way out to the public.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Well i would guess Nevil wanted to grow out seed he had made him self and no Donald i don't assume the seed made in 97 by Nevil are different to what is being offered now but others have in this thread. I just point out i have not grown later NH to be able to tell if there was a difference if at all.

I do have an understanding of what pure haze is Donald Nevil him self likened my Thai to Haze A and i have also smoked the old tripping weed and the old Mullum grown in main arm NH and a few more of the Haze hybrids. What you are not aware of clearly is the common link in the type of affect they all share.

You and a few more keep bring up Claiming NL being present in Nevil's haze and also claim Haze is pure Columbine well a hybrid of Pure Columbine even when Sam and Rob Clark posted saying it had Thai Colombian blood. What you guys fail to understand is Colombian Sativas All the ones i grew and smoked had an element of stone to there strong highs.

You knew that Colombians had a touch of stone to there highs right ?.

I plan on trying Sams Haze in time.

yes, that's all I could think of re nevil wanting to try seed he made rather than someone else,
though it did seem a little like he didn't quite trust what Shanti had done, despite it being said it was exactly the same...

all I'm saying about Nevils haze vs haze on its own is the high must be at least a little different,
since it has some indica in it, otherwise what improvement was made by adding it,
if it didn't shorten the flowering time, make the buds chunkier,, make the high a little more grounding,
what the heck did it do and if it did nothing, why even add it to the mix ??
you see what I mean right??

in honesty, there wasn't a lot of Colombian around for me to sample when I started toking,
apart from Colombian gold, we had a few times, it was grown in oz,
lovely looking stuff, kinda yellow rather than gold,
such an unforgettable aroma and yes the high was quite strong,
a buddy still refers to that stuff as Colombian tripping grass,
it obliterated him ... lol ...

im glad u will try some pure haze in the future...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
yes, that's all I could think of re nevil wanting to try seed he made rather than someone else,
though it did seem a little like he didn't quite trust what Shanti had done, despite it being said it was exactly the same...

all I'm saying about Nevils haze vs haze on its own is the high must be at least a little different,
since it has some indica in it, otherwise what improvement was made by adding it,
if it didn't shorten the flowering time, make the buds chunkier,, make the high a little more grounding,
what the heck did it do and if it did nothing, why even add it to the mix ??
you see what I mean right??

in honesty, there wasn't a lot of Colombian around for me to sample when I started toking,
apart from Colombian gold, we had a few times, it was grown in oz,
lovely looking stuff, kinda yellow rather than gold,
such an unforgettable aroma and yes the high was quite strong,
a buddy still refers to that stuff as Colombian tripping grass,
it obliterated him ... lol ...

im glad u will try some pure haze in the future...

If you read Nevil's post on haze Breeding Donald Nev explains why he out crossed haze and there was logic in his methods. He had tried inbreeding haze he made lots of pure haze seed shanti would have some and Nev even reversed HazeC and breed it to its self making HazeC square. He out crossed HazeA to a few things including NL5 that he then selected back crossed to HazeC that was as good as he got to keeping Haze close to the plants he found in seed he first grew that are the oldest Haze or closest haze to the first F1 Haze from Cali going by Nevil.

Nevil and Sam both say out crossing haze is the formula inbreeding is not.

Nevil posted all of this and what he felt was the direction haze needed to go.

We had lots of Colombian lines along with Thais but all the Colombians we grew and smoked ranging from green / gold / red all had a element of stone to there high were Thais tended to be more electric. The Colombians rattled you no question about it.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
OHz has a more clear psychedelic high what i've smoked than NHz, which i also like very much because of the incense aroma.

Stocktont

Veteran
To get ”pure” Haze (as in not crossed to anything) you need to breed it to itself not to NL or anything else. To make hybrids to sell to indoor growers you might outcross it to a lot of things and make great hybrids. Depends on what the goal with the seed making is. I think both Sam and Nevil has stated as much. Taking other peoples reasons for making seeds and arguing about ”the best” is ridicules as if you want Haze you won’t cross it with another thing but if you want a real great hybrid yes you can cross Haze to a lot of things, history has shown as much. This whole debate is apples and oranges over and over.

Can anyone tell me why Nevil didn’t make Nevil’s Haze until 1997? He had the mother cut on a picture on the catalogue already in 1990.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
To get ”pure” Haze (as in not crossed to anything) you need to breed it to itself not to NL or anything else. To make hybrids to sell to indoor growers you might outcross it to a lot of things and make great hybrids. Depends on what the goal with the seed making is. I think both Sam and Nevil has stated as much. Taking other peoples reasons for making seeds and arguing about ”the best” is ridicules as if you want Haze you won’t cross it with another thing but if you want a real great hybrid yes you can cross Haze to a lot of things, history has shown as much. This whole debate is apples and oranges over and over.

Can anyone tell me why Nevil didn’t make Nevil’s Haze until 1997? He had the mother cut on a picture on the catalogue already in 1990.

Clearly Inbreeding haze turns it into shit.

Why do you think all the inbred crap Sam has been pumping for over the past 30+ years hasn't thrown out any "legendary" plants?

Bottlenecking from the get go was the way to go, Sam just ended up watering it down with every generation.

Stocktont

Veteran
Clearly Inbreeding haze turns it into shit.

Why do you think all the inbred crap Sam has been pumping for over the past 30+ years hasn't thrown out any "legendary" plants?

Bottlenecking from the get go was the way to go, Sam just ended up watering it down with every generation.

Yea you really got my point (sarcastic font) tell me how it becomes more ”haze” by outcrossing it rather than inbreeding it. You say ”turns to shit”. What is shit for you? What are your goals with it, growing for your own pallet, growing to sell, growing to make seeds… there’s many, many different reasons why people grow cannabis.

let me try again, if your goal is to have that ”haze”, then crossing it to anything else makes the job much more difficult and it is not the same thing. No you might think that ”haze” is ”shit” but I might not, maybe I am looking to get some ”haze” as I want to use it in hybrids, like all of you guys, including me, saying it is a real good partner to many things in a hybrid. Now to make a ”haze” x anything, you need, wait for it….. drum rolls…. haze.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like other haze hybrids, that doesn’t say anything else but I am looking for haze, not haze x nl, not haze x skunk, not that there’s anything wrong with those crosses. Is it clearer now????

How much of the ”inbred crap” have you grown to come to your conclusion and what are you looking for, so I can understand why you think it’s all ”crap”.

Thank you and have a wonderful day sir

Status
Not open for further replies.