What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking real nice Star they are going to yield huge you grow them like trees only way with sats lines in or out doors.

This is an interesting version of a Hendrix classic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaMQ-R9YGM

I think they are done stretching I have them bent sideways at the tops when needed ...the thing is they are still in 2 Gallon containers I need multi feeds I got to get them into larger buckets ASAP

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think they are done stretching I have them bent sideways at the tops when needed ...the thing is they are still in 2 Gallon containers I need multi feeds I got to get them into larger buckets ASAP

I run 20lt buckets max on my sativas indoors on real hot days i feed daily yields are huge.

They hate intense direct light in flower placing them on the outer of grow space i find gets better flower under HPS .

Your doing a great job Star.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I run 20lt buckets max on my sativas indoors on real hot days i feed daily yields are huge.

They hate intense direct light in flower placing them on the outer of grow space i find gets better flower under HPS .

to be fair hempy they hate intense light from artificial sources ,

direct sunlight is quite appreciated from them ,

it could have changed now the lights , ie led lights are a bit more spectrum friendly ??,,
can anyone concur with that ??

ive seen some great sativa flowers under led lighting in recent times ..

JohnnyChicago

it could have changed now the lights , ie led lights are a bit more spectrum friendly ??,,

Hey DM :)
I think CMH is more friendly than HPS and leds.
Looks and feels much less artificial.
Also easier to handle than led.
Great is a led/cmh combi.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
its comforting knowing we have come to a point where artificial lights can produce almost as good a sativa as outdoor prime locations can ... thanks johnny ...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I was under the impression they would want high intensity lighting & I use multiple 1000 watt hps , now do you gentlemen think I should take them away from directly underneath the bulbs and rearrange them a little bit to the side? I am not cooking them definitely careful

JohnnyChicago

May be SamS can tell us what he thinks on the subejct?

But for me they are looking good Star. They dont seem to hate your 3k watt. Structure of flowers is great so far.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When the sativa flower gets to much intense light indoors they start to throw out veg shoots from the flower and dont fill out its almost like you have put that part of the plant back in to veg.Lots of light in veg is wanted just not in flower

I did a thread on this at CW years ago with detailed pics showing this in detail no ones suggesting to place the plants in the dark just away from the most intense light so not under or have branches or flowers close to the bulb is what you want to try and do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Even places like Thailand have cooler months with less intensity from the sun if you want to know more link here feel free to read up on it..https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/thailand

GoatCheese

Veteran

I have noticed that with Cree CXB3590 3500K COBs the keepers i have that throw few nanner in late bloom, they start growing those nanners noticeably later than when i was using a HPS. And even the HPS bulb I had was an Osram Plantastar type which has 30% more blue spectrum than their normal HPS bulb, so there clearly is less stress when the spectrum is less artificial

More/larger resin on the plants as well with the COBs compared to the HPS
…grown just as poorly so it is the light that makes the difference:D

Sub24ox7

The hazes(sats) don’t tolerate the lack of blue natural light as well from my experience. I used to run a mh/hps combo. I’m really liking the new leds.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I was under the impression they would want high intensity lighting & I use multiple 1000 watt hps , now do you gentlemen think I should take them away from directly underneath the bulbs and rearrange them a little bit to the side? I am not cooking them definitely careful
id just continue how you usually do it star
nothing wrong with your plants at all ...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My idea is to give the plants high intensity throughout the grow and use blue or high Kelvin lighting all the way thru. Hazes are equatorial strains and often high altitude. Not a lot of red in the light and intense till the end.

If the buds are bleaching then that is too much. I would switch out the hps to high Kelvin MH or CMH if you can. I use low power LED and get the light close but do not have big and tall plants like you star.

Sunshineinabag

When the sativa flower gets to much intense light indoors they start to throw out veg shoots from the flower and dont fill out its almost like you have put that part of the plant back in to veg.Lots of light in veg is wanted just not in flower

I did a thread on this at CW years ago with detailed pics showing this in detail no ones suggesting to place the plants in the dark just away from the most intense light so not under or have branches or flowers close to the bulb is what you want to try and do.

View Image
View Image

View Image

Even places like Thailand have cooler months with less intensity from the sun if you want to know more link here feel free to read up on it..https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/thailand

Awwwww to see that every week

JohnnyChicago

My idea is to give the plants high intensity throughout the grow and use blue or high Kelvin lighting all the way thru. Hazes are equatorial strains and often high altitude. Not a lot of red in the light and intense till the end.

If the buds are bleaching then that is too much. I would switch out the hps to high Kelvin MH or CMH if you can. I use low power LED and get the light close but do not have big and tall plants like you star.

According to a study in Thailand on solar spectrum (near the coast, not high altitude) the amount of blues is almost the same during winter, rainy season and summer (1100w/m2). While the reds are the highest in summer (1200w/m2), lowest in the rain season (900w/m2) and inbetween in winter (1000w/m2).

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Johnny always nice to have science to look at. ^^ I looked up Kelvin and Thailand and got something interesting which I copied. This is from a GE guy over in Thailand.

" Jatupong Jaturawong, GE Lighting general manager, explained that colour temperature is a characteristic of visible light, which has important application in lighting. Artificial light replicates natural light, which we can gauge by the colour temperature, measured in kelvin (K). Colour temperature at 3,000K is warm white, 4,000K is cool white, 5,000K is daylight, and 6,500K is cool daylight, which replicates natural daylight. At noon, natural light measures upwards of 10,000K."

So plenty of red but the Kelvin is very high too outdoors. Light deps prefer to do so during the summer, in other words when the sun is the strongest and it would also be at the highest Kelvin as well unless I am misunderstanding this all.

William76

Maybe that's why haze never finishes indoors as we'll as outside?,no plant needs as much light at the end of flowering as at the start,maybe the brighter light prolongs it?.76

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Maybe that's why haze never finishes indoors as we'll as outside?,no plant needs as much light at the end of flowering as at the start,maybe the brighter light prolongs it?.76
there could be something to that William,
im sure it has been touched on before,
but the arc of the sun changes drastically from the peak of summer , to the end of harvest ,
so the light , how it falls on the plants also changes during that time,
from directly above to much lower in the sky ...

it more than likely affects the plants as the lights in a grow room are always directly above the plants ,
perhaps its not the less light scenario , it may well be the arc of the light ...

anyhow thats my thoughts ...

Nexus7

Ohhh Haze

Ohhh Haze

Just wanted to say a big thank-you to you know who for putting some primo Original Haze genetics into my hands and just in time for a late outdoor season run :) Happy to pay it forward when the time comes ;)

I'll be starting with the OHz s1 and plan on out-crossing to various CG '72 and Golden King males on hand.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Needless to say I feel very priviledged to have the opportunity to grow these OHz out and hope I do it justice.

Many thanks and positive Haze vibes to all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.