What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Wouldn’t be the first time he peddled an unverified cut. See also: Shoreline. Bet you thought I forgot, Karma.

M.

Yep i had a cut mislabeld shoreline send from US many years ago, same one Devils Harvest robbed from B.s room.

And yes you was one of the people to make that clear.

No seeds where ever sold by me of that, thanks to you and few others.

Your forget im a open book. :tiphat:

Back to Nevil and Haze.

GoatCheese

Veteran
We will figure out what happened on 9/11 and with JFK before we know the exact story here. Thrilling stuff to read, appreciate the fuck out of all of you for the years you spent working as hard as you did.
James Files shot JFK in the head from the Grassy Knoll with a Remington xp-100 Fireball. He was partnered on the Daily Plaza by Charles Nicoletti.

Now you know that one too.

...but this haze thing sure is a head scrather

GoatCheese

Veteran
^^^
To paraphrase

Sam says O.Haze is pure Colombian
Sam says Burning bush is pure O.Haze
Sam says Burning bush is Thai dominant (see hempy post)

See the contradiction there?

N7
You missed the first post where he states he gave Keralan and Thai genetics to one of the Haze Bros in '72 and BEFORE THAT it was pure Columbian hybrid.
Sometimes it seems weed fanatics want to find their own conclusions in posts by Sam/Nevil/who ever rather than trying to understand what THEY actually wrote.:)
Here it is again. See the bits in red:
I gave seeds to both the Original Haze growers in 1972 and also later, One used Thai and S Indian with his Haze in the very early 70's. The other grew the Thai but decided it was not as good as Haze and did not use it. The very first Original Haze was a crop of both green, lime green, purple, and other colors, all from Columbian, after that I am not sure and anyone that says they are, is just fooling themselves. One of the Haze growers RL told me a different story then the Original Haze guy that did it first up in the SC mountains and then in the next few years moved down to right by my house, less then a block away, the other Haze grower RL, who put out the OH poster lived a block the other side of my house. I had a friend "J" that used to help the SC mountain Haze grower, he was also a good friend of RCC, he told me all about the early Original Haze I never saw, as I got back to SC in early 1972. They both told me different stories, I did not care so much it was the Cannabis I was interested in.
Sacred Seeds never tried to stablize or improve the Original Haze, our only goal was to save as many of the Original Haze genes as I could so I used as many Original Haze females and males as I could. I think I could create an all Original Haze improved line but I would need to grow thousands and thousands of plants to find a few keeper females, the males would require to be transformed into females to be screened as keepers, and/or by progeney trials that would be best. I would have done it already except that Original Haze is a lousey Dry Sift Hash maker and I hate to use so much space to do the work right. If I don't someone will....
I really do not like Original Haze hybrids that use an WLD Indica to make powerful Hazes, they are strong but often lack the pure Sativa high the I prefer. It is easy though.
If done right with just haze taste and effects, and I can't tell it is a hybrid and it is strong as the Haze was, I would like it I bet. Even the Purple Haze from back in the 70's was not really my choice, they did seem a bit stronger then the greens, limes, and blues, but they also had a more narcotic effect to me. They were the prettiest not the best, to me.
-SamS

Nexus7

You missed the first post where he states he gave Keralan and Thai genetics to one of the Haze Bros in '72 and BEFORE THAT it was pure Columbian hybrid.
Sometimes it seems weed fanatics want to find their own conclusions in posts by Sam/Nevil/who ever rather than trying to understand what THEY actually wrote.:)
Here it is again. See the bits in red:

Ok my bad. I misinterpreted the post.

Peace,

N7

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info dj69 :tiphat:

So what years did you live/work with the Haze.
Was you around when Neville ( RIP) was working with shanti and arjan.

Did you grow the old C5 cut and or supply any coffeshops when working in Holland, what Coffeshops had verified buds of C5 and any other Haze from Neville apart from Greenhouse.

Do you have any of the old seeds from the 90's and what cuts do you still gave from those days you were working in Holland

Are you still living working in Holland

Did you try any of Neville last ever seed project the grail project he made

Peace

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
This thread needs some pic.s from time to time.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A5hz

Attachments

• 10994998_1602619756618823_1987152144_n.jpg
    10994998_1602619756618823_1987152144_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 54512414_555303998286975_9062036045109636554_n.jpg
    54512414_555303998286975_9062036045109636554_n.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 54513336_2381223618556116_8269636358783229808_n.jpg
    54513336_2381223618556116_8269636358783229808_n.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 54732390_373107763535654_8872830926545886818_n.jpg
    54732390_373107763535654_8872830926545886818_n.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
C

ChicagoG

After many years of dealing with cannabis, I realized one thing that this plant is simply not tamed, and that we actually know little about it.

Here is endless dicussion what is Haze and who brought it,made it.... ???

I will start with fact that is most importent one...Cannanbis Indica,Marijuana,Ganja...etc
Why we call Cannabis that is strong Indica and others Sativa/Hemp ???

For purpose of this i will call hemp and drug cultivars bld and nld Cannabis ,they are all C. with differences of terpenes and THC/CBD ratios etc.

Old India is home of psydelic(aka. drug) cultivars so that is why we called before Hemp(low THC sativa,while high thc called indica.)
Sailors from NL and UK in past wright in histroy books how strong and psydelic Indian cananbis was compared to Europen Hemp strains.
Reason for thet is in Europe people where society with booming industry and they us alchocol while meet with frends and they use cananbis mostly for industrial and medicine purpose,strains where high cbd low thc.
Older people who remeber that time say that you could smoke that weed all the time and you are just slighltly euphoric but nothing to strong they called it happy tobacco.

While in India Cannabis is used for spiritiual use and while meditating on strong cannabis you can have trip like images and it is used by tribes to open their chakras and boost their soul.
Meditating and cannabis who tries will know what i saying about.
India is possibly the country that has used cannabis for the longest time. Ganja isn’t a Jamaican slang term for weed, it is an old Hindi word meaning marijuana.

Although the geographical origin of cannabis is still unclear, Northern India may be the place where it first appeared. We know that cannabis has been around in India for at least 8,000 years. However, it could have been growing there for much longer. Indians have been using it as a medicine and also for religious purposes since before Christ. On the fertile slopes of the Himalayan foothills and in many other states throughout India, cannabis grows wild.

Contrary to popular belief, most Indian landrace strains are actually 100% “sativa”. Many botanists believe Cannabis sativa to be native to India. Sativas are also known as narrow-leaf drug or NLD. On the other hand, pure Indicas (Known as broad-leaf drug or BLD) originate from a small area. This area spans parts of southern Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a tiny portion of south-western China. Therefore, many cannabis experts claim that what people call Indicas should actually be called Afghanicas or BLD in order to avoid confusion.

The cannabis growing in southern India however, is completely different. All south-Indian Landraces are equatorial Sativas. They need a long flowering time, usually 95 to 130 days to be ready for harvest. Although their total CBD content is low to non existent, these Sativas produce high levels of THC (12 to 20%). Their effects are often powerful, even psychedelic. Most Indian weeds are full of seeds and sun-dried. However, some skilled farmers in Punjab and Kerala produce high quality sinsemilla.

If you see farmers in Kerala produce high quality sensimila.
So here we start about Haze. Probably there were more places like Kerala where you can get expectional NLD varities like Thai....US goverment was doing some resrch with Cananbis in Columbia and the brought from all over the world very strong gentics to being cultivated in Columbia. Thais,Kerals,Afghans....
In thet time there is no tehnology for breeding like today.
Plant were grown on mountains and mix to each other and like in nature the strongest survive in this cases most NLD cultivars to their theing in jungles and wet condition of Columbia.(like MK ultra from 1950-1965+)

IN 1966 on west coast it start Hippy move.
90% of them smoke weed and here we start with Haze.
Hippy generation were occupied with the eastern philosophy of enlightenment, the Zen state etc... they used Psydelics and going in India,Thai,S.America....they brought back seeds from best weed they had smoked.
At thet time people only smoke NLD and BLD were Hash source only they were to harsh to smoke and to strong for lungs while smoked.

It makes sense what SAM and NEVILE say that first haze comes from that experiments of CIA and American Goverment in Columbia.
And if it is truth what Neville say that original Haze from brothers was mixed BLD and NLD varities but mostly NLD and it is much stronger cuz of mixing BLD and NLD in Columbia in experiments.
While Sam like more of pure NLD high which is not that strong like BLD/NLD hybrids as SAM milions times say that HAZE mixed to BLD is stronger but not as good as pure Haze.
So after Sam and H brothers mix Keralas and Thai to old original mix with Columbian seeds.
Offspring was more wild landraces and longer flowering and without stoned feeling SAM like while Neville didnt like that kind of high he like to have top and bottom or just little bottom to pure NLD high. So thats why his best is NL5xhaze or Nevilles Haze 25%NL.

But for shure we want probably never knows what are true origins of Haze.
But shure that we know that Neville found his famous ''Haze'' males in more NLD BLD hybird then what is Sam selling now as Original Haze which is almost pure NLD it is more up but not so strong like BLD-NLD hybrids.
BLD plants are where poteny come from i think that C5 and A5 lots of terpens and potency have from NL5 line.
I smoke lots of pure haze and landraces sativas.
Some where strong but not never in BLD way.
Always you need to smoke much more amount of NLD but in one time it can leave you white and unable to move.
It is i think of to stimulated nervous sistem like when u have to much of up drug(it is most similar to smoking pure coke you want to move,you have energy but you cant move and lots of fleshy,fast pictures goes thrugh your mind) but for thet it must be great amount consumed like baseball bet joints.
Pure haze for me is care free,stimulated happy high nothing to strong and it was never to strong, exept you smoke to much of it.
The strongest high of thet kind i expirienced was from dutch Haze hybrids.
For me this is holy grail more psydelic-narcotic high old (NL5 haze),than Uppy/raccy of pure Haze shared by SAM.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
It makes super special hash. And screens and cleans super easy, when propper cured for a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11372274_1462340694086381_1918477844_n.jpg
    11372274_1462340694086381_1918477844_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 41454122_684188945280825_8778959767265151224_n.jpg
    41454122_684188945280825_8778959767265151224_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 924630_1631562197066628_1602213773_n.jpg
    924630_1631562197066628_1602213773_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 17

Yo Sammy

Veteran
With all of the crap hanging over my head, there was only one man with the integrity and talent that I trust to "play the fucking music right" and that's our friend Shantibaba.
I gave him the "bank", knowing that he'd look after you. It seems he's done a fine job! I've given advice on fruitful avenues to pursue, but he has been keeping the Olympic torch alight.
But there is a new wind blowing and the timing is right. For a generation, bread has been cast upon the waters and the fish have been getting fat and with the talent out there, it's time to drag the net. People are joining hands and we are all pulling together, the way it should be. To pinch a freemason phase, I feel the dawning of a "New Dawn" and the sun will shine as never before! ( I'm relying on Hempy for the appropriate picture).
N.

How do we know Karmas has the official A5 and the other clones are Nevs ? .

We know Nev gave his plant library only to shanti.
No one really knows Kashrocs, but my best bet is that the haze effect comes from a Buddha Thai. It's similar to the Thai I remember from the '70s.
N.

Originally Posted by Nevil [URL=https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/images/buttons.mrnice/viewpost.gif]View Image[/URL]
Well Bigherb,I wouldn't swear on a kilo of Haze Hash, that he told me that he grew them himself.
I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68. A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more.
Everything useful was from before 1970. The one plant that came up from '70 batch, Omega, was at best 25% haze and didn't make the grade.
N.

Originally Posted by R.C.Clarke
Original Haze, is a pure-breeding stabilized IBL developed from a pure C. sativa polyhybrid created from predominantly Mexican and Colombian varieties along with some South Indian and Thais varieties.'Original Haze' started as a magical mix of the most exotic C. sativa varieties available in California in the early 1970s. Some of the early types were lost but through diligent selection and inbreeding Cultivator's Choice preserved the essence of the variety in their 'Original Haze'(...)
in: Indoor Marijuana Horticulture, J.Cervantes, 1993 p.360-361

bigherb
the burning bush was an ancestor of the given haze stock and is a thai dom,exact quote from SAMS
Quote:
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence

Hi hempy,
I think you seem to forget that when Nevil made it to the online community first at MNS, he verified the existence of the cuts and after I mentioned the names of Nevils old crew via video call he was eager to get the cuttings back via Bonk.
That would be the evidence you seem to miss.
Nevil verified everything i spoke about during our Skype sessions. He also pointed me to Maastricht to regain the lost A5 and named a name of a certain member of the old crew I hadn’t connected with before.
He told me he was sure this guy was still holding the authentic 5HzA aka A5 cutting.
This man is KarmaG’s source where he received the cutting from and was so kind to share it with me after searching for this cutting for over 15 years. I kinda gave up on it but Nevil sparked my quest and after his short internet exposure Karma and me connected through the cutting.
My point is Nevil pointed me in the right direction. He knew who held what and the individual characters of the folks holding his gear. Thats why he was sure A. Still held the cutting. He was right.
So rest assured that KarmaG’s A5 is indeed authentic by the hand of Nevil. So are the rest of the old cuttings coming from Nevils old crew.

Last edited:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful buds Karma!

Which method do you use to reverse the A5hz for your bx?

No reversal on the Bx its regular. These are from few years ago. There a thread somwhere in my subforum from that time you can see the process.

For the new S1.s sts was used .

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Hi hempy,
I think you seem to forget that when Nevil made it to the online community first at MNS, he verified the existence of the cuts and after I mentioned the names of Nevils old crew via video call he was eager to get the cuttings back via Bonk.
That would be the evidence you seem to miss.
Nevil verified everything i spoke about during our Skype sessions. He also pointed me to Maastricht to regain the lost A5 and named a name of a certain member of the old crew I hadn’t connected with before.
He told me he was sure this guy was still holding the authentic 5HzA aka A5 cutting.
This man is KarmaG’s source where he received the cutting from and was so kind to share it with me after searching for this cutting for over 15 years. I kinda gave up on it but Nevil sparked my quest and after his short internet exposure Karma and connected through the cutting.
My point is Nevil pointed me in the right direction. He knew who held what and the individual characters of the folks holding his gear. Thats why he was sure A. Still held the cutting. He was right.
So rest assured that KarmaG’s A5 is indeed authentic by the hand of Nevil. So are the rest of the old cuttings coming from Nevils old crew.

:thank you::respect:

Last edited:
D

dj9

Thanks for posting, its great to have your account of events here on IC. :tiphat:

Since others are posing questions I have one or two. Though I'm not sure if you want this to be like an interview because you'll just get spammed questions. I'd love to hear your personal account and what stories you hold.

Was there anything specific or peculiar to Nevil's selection process? Was it a matter of consuming the progeny and going from there? Or was there other factors involved in testing for the strong highs of the hazes?
Hey hellfire.
It all boiled down to Nevils nose haha.
Nevil could smell 2 plants or 200 plants and tell you
which was the best. Just like a band leader heres if one violin
is out of tune ...Nevil could detect all the notes and always picked the
best.

TheDarkStorm

The seeds Sam gave/sold to Nevil were re-pro seeds made by Sam and he states he didn't give Nevil any original seeds from the Haze Bros.
I don't know where this was originally posted by Sam, maybe here on icmag, but i found it on Mrnice forums

After Nevil's pasing, Sam weighs in
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/16757-after-nevils-pasing-sam-weighs.html

Peace
Funny do you know wat was found in the stock would take years to make. Sam got to holland in 84/85 he sold the stock not soon after infact months later..in actual fact wat nevil found actually matches up very well with the original legend and actually backs up wat nevil says quite well.
Also did you even know sam was never ther in the beginning.

TheDarkStorm

The confusion about the cuts well the ones ive seen probably comes about from the fact that ther wer breeding cuts some of wich wernt as good for production and then ther wer ones kept to grow flower..maybe dj can verify this...nevil did sell clones too...I know of atleast 3 that came directly from his hands but I dont think they wer the ones he was using to breed. Well actually one was the g13.

C

ChicagoG

Hey hellfire.
It all boiled down to Nevils nose haha.
Nevil could smell 2 plants or 200 plants and tell you
which was the best. Just like a band leader heres if one violin
is out of tune ...Nevil could detect all the notes and always picked the
best.

Nevile was/is the real Legend.
Father of modern cannabis seeds business.
Probably everithing we smoked in big citys of west was from his gene pool of his seed bank.

I will try to tell why his cuts are compared to today cuts better.
When Neville search for his cuts he operated completly legal in NL.

In his work, he was carried with love and dedication to his work.
He was good grower and good breeder he had nose for detecting good traits in plants.

And the real scientific methods was used in breeding of his plants 100% real breeding.

And the main part here were big selections.

If i remember good from 1000s plants of NL5xhaze C and 1000s Nl5xhazeA he keept about 10 plants.
1-4 or 5 NLhazeC and 1-5 plants of NLhazeA.
The lover the number the more BLD cut was and vice versa.

People today in industry are strugling with begining of bottlenacking of gene pools.
So they move to landraces again.
But if someone buy proven Haze hybrid seed pack today i bet he will also found 5 top plants in 1000s of seeds,
easily comperable to old Neville's cuts.

TheDarkStorm

Well actually alittle know fact nevil was actually a extraordinary breeder an I believe giffted in this area...he didnt only breed our plant but others too and animals...infact he was that good at one point he was going to go up against the saudi royal family and there billions and billions and many resources in breeding champion horses. Not sure wat became of this tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.