What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benny106

Thank you. I don't think I'm related to Hempy, but I do grow in Hempy buckets. Do you have anything like that named after you?

Lol. You weren't there but you are the Arbiter of Truth about the haze story because of what you read on the nternet. Quoting Sam as proof. :D
Savage

Nexus7

Any chance Nevil got old MM stock from some of his Aussie connections and called it Haze for marketing or other purposes?

Didn't Shanti also at one time call his La Nina parental plant a Haze then clarified it as MM at a later date?

Might explain why people seem to think that '69 bag of seeds is a bit different to what Sam had.

Just throwing it out there ...

N7

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Any chance Nevil got old MM stock from some of his Aussie connections and called it Haze for marketing or other purposes?

Didn't Shanti also at one time call his La Nina parental plant a Haze then clarified it as MM at a later date?

Might explain why people seem to think that '69 bag of seeds is a bit different to what Sam had.

N7

Nev did not know MM even excised back then he lived on the other side of the country i only knew about it in 79 because school friends had gone up and lived with the hippy's growing it.

Shantis MM is a different MM again he n others started breeding that i think end of 79/80 and the MM my mates and the hippy's were growing was all ready there from before 78.

Run a search at Mr nice Shanti posted on when and the rest of the info of what he calls MM.I did ask if he knew some of my friends he didn't.

Around 84/85 the cops hammed the hippy's and alternative lifestylers there and my mates came back home some headed south of were they were.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Shanti MM isn't pure MM, if you look la Nina you can't see a plant 50% haze/nld,shanti got it in the early 90's(and not in late 70's) from a guy called mullum madman, or something ...

Sunshineinabag

medicine man mns

medicine man mns

Old pic of the 97 NH, they were cut down to 18-20 inches before flower and they still took off.
View Image

my first pack was mns in 2008.............ha;f the pack were similar to this structure however the leaves were super thin......and it reaked of peppery coffee......literally took over a 600 hps cooltube tent 3.5 x 3.5 x 7 old growlab tent with the translucent panels on the front flaps....Theres def gold in those packs, that was the plant that got me hooked on equatorial looking cultivars. def worth the wait

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Shanti MM isn't pure MM, if you look la Nina you can't see a plant 50% haze/nld,shanti got it in the early 90's(and not in late 70's) from a guy called mullum madman, or something ...

I have never smoked or seen Shantis MM i am just repeating what i read Shanti post at CW and at Mr nice about what he called MM.
He said it was the first strain he breed and they a few of them started to breed what they call MM in 79 or 80.

MM was all ready an established strain well before 78 because i smoked my first MM in 79 that means it was a strain well before it was grown in 78.

Mullum madman sold seed people grew them out and they hermied but he came out and admitted his strain was not the real deal.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have never smoked or seen Shantis MM i am just repeating what i read Shanti post at CW and at Mr nice about what he called MM.
He said it was the first strain he breed and they a few of them started to breed what they call MM in 79 or 80.

MM was all ready an established strain well before 78 because i smoked my first MM in 79 that means it was a strain well before it was grown in 78.

Mullum madman sold seed people grew them out and they hermied but he came out and admitted his strain was not the real deal.

Yes, it wasn't against you, Shanti said many things that must be filtered and interpreted ....
According to many Australians, older than me, MM originated from loads of Thai that arrived on the island in the late 60s, but it could be earlier ...
In the end it's another great mix of equatorial sativa ....

TheDarkStorm

N7

I doubt it very much...nevil describes a plant that was in varing percentages in all those seeds he had...meaning many years of work....the same as in sams haze...although the mm and haze may share some sort of history....I dont think nevil or others would have seen the results they did if nevil's haze was in fact mm...wen he bred Neville's haze to mm the results would have been quite different...but infact the results seemed to produce a plant with great hybrid vigour

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If Nev had MM at any time in Amsterdam before 85 dose any one honestly think he would not of made seed and sold them ?.The haze hybrids only started to come out after he got the early haze seeds from Sam.

TheDarkStorm

Individualy mm and haze arnt exactly the same...the mullum seems to lean much more to the darker side of the haze...mullum seems to have the more leathery liver terps with a touch of pineapple ...it does seem to lean much more towards old thai....however it does seem like someone has took one plant and on one side of the world its been taken in the direction of haze and the other side of the word its been taken towards the mullum...thats the only way I can describe the difference in words.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The A5 famous cuts from 30 years back is known as the leathery spicy Frankincense side and the C5 the more lime/Pine/ Frankincense but I believe ( and again my own opinions and guess ) is that the A Male and C Male may be the opposite way around( A Male tasting like C and C Male tasting like A and effects also) and that's how we still get some dominant spicy phenos and effect in some of the X's etc using the C Male.

Anyone have any opinions on this

Peace

TheDarkStorm

Wen breeding with haze-a and haze-c individually the results will probably give some plants with many similarities due to the fact that haze-a and haze-c may be half brothers

TheDarkStorm

I suspect that wat nevil was trying to do was take us back as close to the starting plants (the plants that created haze)as much as possible due to them being out bred or inbred too much meaning that the percentage of original plants had dropped too far..wich was making it harder and harder to pick out the good ones.

Last edited:

growingcrazy

Growing crazy..people like sam an nevil are seen as the forefathers of a moment that chaged the scene from wat it was and took it to a completely new level...
As for the details most guys involved at the time have told there parts of the stories themselves

I still haven't found where the stories begin. I have followed the haze stories for nearly 20 years.

Sam was moving bales out of SC?

Sam, Nev, the PNW, Holland and Aus. became intertwined and somehow 6 magic seeds appeared.

The link to the .NL didn't work for me also.

TheDarkStorm

I still haven't found where the stories begin. I have followed the haze stories for nearly 20 years.

Sam was moving bales out of SC?

Sam, Nev, the PNW, Holland and Aus. became intertwined and somehow 6 magic seeds appeared.

The link to the .NL didn't work for me also.

Growing crazy...big herbs done a article on one of the threads hre detailing some of the haze history before sam got his hands on it..bar afew details I think its very very close...perhaps reading that may help fill in some of the gaps for you...that an sam story should help you if you wish to know the history of haze on its journey to nevil. Things became illegal mostly evrywer so the history of somethings wasnt recorded as well as it could have been...Holland was one of the few places in the world at that time that seed production wasnt frowned upon..and until middway 90's became a safe haven for similar minded people and a large amount of genetics.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Probably MM and haze are similar because they are mostly made from the same ingredients (Colombian - Thai) and grown in similar environments, although perhaps the MM comes from more equatorial latitude...

Status
Not open for further replies.