What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigherb

Veteran
Maybe "haze brothers" is his way of obfuscating "Brothers of Eternal Love". And Nevil opined that Haze A was more Colombian while Haze C was more Thai.

You are way off , not even is the incorrect information correct

Northern Lights 5 crossed with Haze male C. Is the best Indica / Sativa hybrid that I've ever done. HzA male to NL5 was also excellent and was the mother of N.H. The HzC was a complex sweet aroma, while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.
N.

Thinking is one thing dreaming is another

No Boel
No Thai

Nothing of the sort associated with Original Haze

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

Big herb you managed to do quite abit of research an it was close ...do you know ther was a original legend that seems to have been lost to time that was around from those times...it alomost matched your story...bar afew details...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
We have the haze brothers interviews and articles to go buy and what Sam has posted over the years.Others have posted and said Sam and Rob could just be the Haze brothers also.

We had what i suspect was haze here in the 70s also but it was being called tripping weed you would pay $30 for a small coin bag full of it when you could get an oz bag of Panama red or other exotic strains for $30.

From reading the boards over the past 2 decades and what Sam and Nev both posted on haze what they seam to agreed on is haze dose not do well when inbreed.Sam also has said the Haze brothers would breed there best sativa each season to haze adding to haze not inbreeding it.

I think the history of haze pre Holland is part of the myth marketing if you like of the strain.

What we do know to be real is the impact haze had on the cannabis scene in modern times 84/85 till now.

TheDarkStorm

Probably due to inbreeding hempy...the more inbred the more it seems to lose...and the good ones seem harder an harder to find

TheDarkStorm

Tho after inbreeding for so many years then putting lines back together again it maybe doing the trick...mad mac has been testing this out and found brilliant plants..but I think his gona test out properly this year how consistent it is

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Probably due to inbreeding hempy...the more inbred the more it seems to lose...and the good ones seem harder an harder to find

Inbreeding pure haze and even Haze hybrids seams to have the same results Nev has posted it and Both Sam and Nev said the same as far as haze inbreeding.

The first time i smoked Nev's Haze the first thing that came to mind was how NH reminded me of the Mullumbimby madness strain.First time i smoked that was 79 think again a few times in 80 last time 85 i think.I had school friends move up there in late 78 and lived with the hippy's that grew it.The MM was said to be Thai/Colombian even shanti who started his growing /breeding in Mullumbimby has said if you grew a NH next to a MM you not tell them apart i find that interesting.

TheDarkStorm

Inbreeding pure haze and even Haze hybrids seams to have the same results Nev has posted it and Both Sam and Nev said the same as far as haze inbreeding.

The first time i smoked Nev's Haze the first thing that came to mind was how NH reminded me of the Mullumbimby madness strain.First time i smoked that was 79 think again a few times in 80 last time 85 i think.I had school friends move up there in late 78 and lived with the hippy's that grew it.The MM was said to be Thai/Colombian even shanti who started his growing /breeding in Mullumbimby has said if you grew a NH next to a MM you not tell them apart i find that interesting.

Ive thought the same too hempy...so do most people who get to try both...I dont know any other line that seem as similar as the mm does to haze..

OldCoolSativa

You are way off , not even is the incorrect information correct

Thinking is one thing dreaming is another

No Boel
No Thai

Nothing of the sort associated with Original Haze

Until someone proves otherwise...

Prove me wrong. Oh, you can't. You weren't there dude, neither was anyone else who has posted in this thread so far. I'll connect the dots as I see fit. You are also welcome to do so. But you don't have a monopoly on the truth here.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

But im sure the mm has been around since the 60's..but you probably might know beter than me regarding this...I think kanga thought his line was pure thai from 60''s or 70's thai stick

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
But im sure the mm has been around since the 60's..but you probably might know beter than me regarding this...I think kanga thought his line was pure thai from 60''s or 70's thai stick

I dont know that much more about the MM apart from who was growing it and were it was being grown i was close to a few of the guys that went up there in 78.

Next time i catch up with one of them i plan to ask questions and see if the MM is still in there possession.I never smoked kangas version so cant say to much about his version.

growingcrazy

What is the exact history between Nevil, Sam, etc... the HP, NL5 etc... Did that whole connection happen because of Jorge or something else?

Where is the story from between when he bought the first seeds to when they were popped in 84/85?

Essentially, what made these few people anybody in the scene back then?

TheDarkStorm

What is the exact history between Nevil, Sam, etc... the HP, NL5 etc... Did that whole connection happen because of Jorge or something else?

Where is the story from between when he bought the first seeds to when they were popped in 84/85?

Essentially, what made these few people anybody in the scene back then?

Growing crazy..people like sam an nevil are seen as the forefathers of a movement that chaged the scene from wat it was and took it to a completely new level...
As for the details most guys involved at the time have told there parts of the stories themselves

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I know it’s not haze , but the “old Ed . Nl” webpage is worth a read ... the history tab has some interesting info on the weed growing scene in The Netherlands before and when sams arrived..
particularly how much bud the “green team” were growing and moving

Enjoying the thread btw, cheers hempy :tiphat:

Edited to add link, if allowed? : https://www.olded.nl/Old Ed geschiedenis.html

Double edit: the translation on the page doesn’t work very well, it’s best to copy and paste the address into google translate

bigherb

Veteran
Prove me wrong. Oh, you can't. You weren't there dude, neither was anyone else who has posted in this thread so far. I'll connect the dots as I see fit. You are also welcome to do so. But you don't have a monopoly on the truth here.

You are doing a great Job

I’ll assume you are related to Hempy

#
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I just read all the posts from my last post #1945 to #2376.The seeds I sold to Nevil were all made by me mostly from Holland work.
I never sold any I collected from Haze I obtained from the Haze Bros. I sold my work.
J & G are the same guy. Almost all my OHaze seeds were from him.
I never sold any OHaze X S Indian Kerala or Thai as OHaze, I always called them OHaze X whatever.
Burning Bush was 100% pure OHaze I grew it in Calif and named it, RCC also smoked it with me, and loved it. That and another OHaze I called Cream De La Cream and another I called Mr Greasy even though it was a girl, it had very very streched laddery buds that even when dry and placed in a zip bag greased up the bag unbelievably, it was also hard to roll and keep a joint lit.
Nevil did not have OHaze seeds from before the 70's 80"s as he got his OHaze from me and I only sold him seeds I had made, all 100% OHaze, but not from the 60's or early 70's as I did not start making OHaze seeds until the mid 70's and in large amounts in the 80's in Holland. I think I sold him seeds I made in Holland after 85'.

OldCoolSativa

You are doing a great Job

I’ll assume you are related to Hempy
#

Thank you. I don't think I'm related to Hempy, but I do grow in Hempy buckets. Do you have anything like that named after you?

Lol. You weren't there but you are the Arbiter of Truth about the haze story because of what you read on the nternet. Quoting Sam as proof. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.