What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkStorm

Nevil's Haze group shot with some other plants in the background, Aug 2014
View Image

Nevil's Haze sisters shot, late August 2014...plant on the right in the pic actually ended up bigger than the one on the left...

View Image

Here's that same plant on the right from the pic above, late October 2014...I called her Big Sis...
View Image
View Image

My own chuck...Love Potion x Nevil's Haze, late August 2014
View Image

Wait...there's more...

HB.

That sky high Neville is awsome...beautiful pictures..a fitting contribution to the thread..:tiphat:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
What im saying Humphrey is tods said he specifically wanted the exact seeds that nevil found his males from rather than the other f5 or what ever it is now...wat was so special about those specific seeds that nevil got...I know the answer myself but maybe others need to think about this too...nevil made all his outcrosses one generation removed from those seeds.

I don't know, man...all I know is that when those seeds finally get to my door, they're going into the soil asap, lol. Gonna grow me some Ohaze and hopefully find something worthy of all this pollen I've collected and held onto. I've got some other crosses I made last year that I'm looking forward to popping...Super Lemon Haze x a5T and Vietnamese Black x Super Laos, but Todd's hazes are going to have a place in my garden for sure this season...assuming the seeds arrive safely and in a reasonable amount of time.

HB.

TheDarkStorm

Well I will say I fucked up by getting rid of the females, the male passed a way while I was out of town (gf neglected). The hairy hazy phenos where ok (nothing to write about) but the other phenos where awesome. The high came on like ocean waves on a airplane (if that makes any sense) that lasted 4-6 hours, they did come with a bit of paranoia (controllable), very euphoric and a bit trippy at times (not Phsycadelic (LSD,Shrooms)). Some people accused me of lacing it with Coke. lmao

I still have a couple more seeds, no doubt I could find something special in them.

That sounds like the old Neville's haze to me...I used to get the same...made a number of people stop smoking for good..freaked them out that much.

TheDarkStorm

I don't know, man...all I know is that when those seeds finally get to my door, they're going into the soil asap, lol. Gonna grow me some Ohaze and hopefully find something worthy of all this pollen I've collected and held onto. I've got some other crosses I made last year that I'm looking forward to popping...Super Lemon Haze x a5T and Vietnamese Black x Super Laos, but Todd's hazes are going to have a place in my garden for sure this season...assuming the seeds arrive safely and in a reasonable amount of time.

HB.

Good luck..hope you find something special..an have plenty of fun an good smokes on your journey.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Cannabis Castle...
fFQTvYyl.jpg

Cannabis Castle greenhouse...
DH9Yqp0l.jpg

Basement grow...Cannabis Castle...
zgOJROkl.jpg

Sh6W4yOl.jpg

P9z8M4Dl.jpg

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Good luck..hope you find something special..an have plenty of fun an good smokes on your journey.

Finding good smoke is the easy part...I got plenty of that in storage with more on the way. I'm smoking some C5 right now and it's quite nice, but not as good as the Santa Marta Colombian I just finished smoking the other day.

Trying to find my old pics of Mango haze is another story...I'm having a helluva time digging through all these old files.

HB.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah but do you honestly think think these are the same seeds started by Neville as stated by tod because that's what made Haze famous the first batches not any later original Haze reproductions. You and me have both grown them and tod might think he has those same Original seeds Neville was sold but that just impossible as they were real old and dead 30 years ago so do you think they would be viable now , yes maybe with science and new techniques but nothing was mentioned about any germ issues ?
Not trying to take nothing away from tod and have posted on his page the hybrids sound 1st class mixing some of Cali finest with Haze sound amazing but an Original Haze reproduction I cant see bringing any better to what Sam has done with it the last 30 years.
Sam must of made millions of original Haze seeds over the last 30 years , just from 1 big run even so more like 10 million to even more and where are all these Original Haze phenos ?
Even from Santa Cruz ?
But Neville's hybrids are found in every city in the world

I would love to sift through those Original seeds sold to Neville but not so much the later batches offered, and every new batch it got worse and worse.
I've grown TFD's version of Ohaze...and it was in they hay category. I grew Tom's haze and found a few that I would call decent...could have maybe found a great plant if I'd had more than a couple packs to go through. Mad Mac has done an awesome selection on the THH and I would definitely grow some of his stock out as he's done the work and has found some great examples for sure.

As to your question....If you had a chance to sift through seed of a rare variety like Ohaze...direct from the hands of the guy that brought it to the 'dam in the first place...you're saying you wouldn't take those seed and grow them out? Lol

I know what I would do...and I can assure you my answer wouldn't be "no thanks."

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Yeah but do you honestly think think these are the same seeds started by Neville as stated by tod because that's what made Haze famous the first batches not any later original Haze reproductions. You and me have both grown them and tod might think he has those same Original seeds Neville was sold but that just impossible as they were real old and dead 30 years ago so do you think they would be viable now , yes maybe with science and new techniques but nothing was mentioned about any germ issues ?
Not trying to take nothing away from tod and have posted on his page the hybrids sound 1st class mixing some of Cali finest with Haze sound amazing but an Original Haze reproduction I cant see bringing any better to what Sam has done with it the last 30 years.
Sam must of made millions of original Haze seeds over the last 30 years , just from 1 big run even so more like 10 million to even more and where are all these Original Haze phenos ?
Even from Santa Cruz ?

I would love to sift through those Original seeds sold to Neville but not so much the later batches offered, and every new batch it got worse and worse.

Hey OJD, my honest answer to your first question is....I wasn't there and have no choice but to believe what Todd is saying unless the seeds prove otherwise. The thing is...I'm willing to give them a shot as I have a lot of respect for Todd and feel fine supporting his efforts at this point. If you don't grow out the seed, how can you really know? There's only one way to find out, right? The proof is always in the pudding.

Some of the pics of the more NLD Ohaze plants Todd has posted on IG piqued my interest. I have never smoked a decent "pure" Ohaze yet that I liked...maybe you have? Don't know. Not saying it doesn't exist...and not saying Todd has it...I'm just saying that I haven't gotten to grow it or smoke it yet myself.

Bottom line...after all my years of growing this plant, what I can honestly say is that I know what I'm looking for. So far, the best "haze" I've come across over the years was Mango Haze from MNS...with Bandaid Haze by Doc D taking a strong 2nd place next to the latest Nigerian Mexican x a5T cross I've grown, created by an exceptional grower that has a real keen sense of good herb that grows well here where I'm at. I felt all the above were great varieities for different reasons.

HB.

bigherb

Veteran
Even from Santa Cruz ?

I’ve pondered all the Same , which is one reason I started my thread . From Adam to California, where is the Original Haze . How is there no proper representation in either market

I dont understand how 7 seeds germed from the bunch of seeds Nevil bought . It would only make sense the seeds were very old . Or there is something more to the story

Sams recently posted this below which clears a lot up also adds abit

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 08:17 AM #2377
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I just read all the posts from my last post #1945 to #2376.The seeds I sold to Nevil were all made by me mostly from Holland work.
I never sold any I collected from Haze I obtained from the Haze Bros. I sold my work.
J & G are the same guy. Almost all my OHaze seeds were from him.
I never sold any OHaze X S Indian Kerala or Thai as OHaze, I always called them OHaze X whatever.
Burning Bush was 100% pure OHaze I grew it in Calif and named it, RCC also smoked it with me, and loved it. That and another OHaze I called Cream De La Cream and another I called Mr Greasy even though it was a girl, it had very very streched laddery buds that even when dry and placed in a zip bag greased up the bag unbelievably, it was also hard to roll and keep a joint lit.
Nevil did not have OHaze seeds from before the 70's 80"s as he got his OHaze from me and I only sold him seeds I had made, all 100% OHaze, but not from the 60's or early 70's as I did not start making OHaze seeds until the mid 70's and in large amounts in the 80's in Holland. I think I sold him seeds I made in Holland after 85'.

I will try and answer a few questions if I know the answers, but will ignore any questions I have answered before. Dont ask me about others Haze as I was not the breeder you need to ask the breeder.

The reason that OHaze was seldom found in Coffee shops in Amsterdam is because commercial growers wanted herb with a short flowering period, why would they grow a OHaze that took 16-24 weeks and did not yield as much as a 7-8 week plant?
That and I was a seed producer not a commercial grower if I was I would have worked up an OHaze pure, that was better then NH at least to me.
I get that not all liked OHaze X Skunk or Thai/OHazeXSkunk but I did and many others I know also did.
I also have yet to find any Cannabis that had a more Cerebral, Clear, Up, Psychdelic high with no celing that got you higher every time you took a toke. Nevils did not, for me anyway.
People have many different preferences I also have mine. RCC agrees with me if that matters. I did not see OHaze until the very early 70's I did see both G's and RL's my wife manicured for G and he was the first OHaze Bro, we were close back in the day, and his was the best. Shame he quite growing OHaze but it was so much easier to get my Skunk #1 seeds for his grows, this was before people maintained clones, and his OHaze was already suffering from inbreeding depression, I did not try and improve my OHaze seed lines I tried to preserve all the genes and only sold them with the advice to use them for breeding not commercial growing, to use for commercial growing you need to grow thousands and select the best 10 clones to reproduce for product, few people wanted to do that.
I sold Nevil seeds for $1 a pop for any of my varieties.
I sold by the kilo for €5,000 there are 50,000 - 75,000 for small seeds like OHaze.
I still have a KG of OHaze seeds made a decade ago they are not for sale they are for a OHaze project I am trying to arrange outdoors in the ground at a latitude of 18 just to find and clone the best 10-20 for production where legal.
I have zero problems to keep well made seeds alive stored under refridgerated 4c for 25 years so they are still germainating in the high 90's if and when I do this I will post photos of the 10-20 as well as their Cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
These are slightly over 75 per gram so 75,000 seeds and normally I get 70% females with OHaze so I will have lots to select the 10-20 keepers from, I expect about 50,000 females if started carefully. I am retired from selling seeds, but I will allow others to do what they want with my work, they will pay me for the work, and it is not work as I want to do it even retired.

FYI the OHaze grown by the Haze Bros were not all equal in quality, maybe 10% were fantastic, 50% good or great, and maybe 10% not as good but most would still think it was great. Each year after 1970 the quality and yields and vigor declined a bit. By 1980 I did not know any large OHaze growers, for the reasons I have stated.

I have told the truth, I have zero to gain by altering the truth, I am retired for several years now. I have had a great life, few complaints, I would like to put out a dependable pure OHaze seed line or two for my self and others, even if I do not sell them but let others do so. Selling is work, I do not need the $ and I will only do what I love today. Breeding OHaze is not work for me it is fun, and I think I can do it better then anyone else just because of my experience and history.

FYI I have all but given up on Phylos, they have other goals then my interest in Cannabis Evolution and Relationships, but FYI I only sent them extracted DNA no living materials they could steal, I also sent them many of my varieties DNA, focused on Landraces to help explore my interest in Evolution and Relationships. I am glad I tried, nothing ventured nothing gained.....

-SamS

TheDarkStorm

Big herb if I remember rightly..sam sold those seeds to nevil in 1984 even 85....he got to holland in 84..no time to make wat nevil found...and I dont think sam worked haze while back in the usa...

herbgreen

Veteran
I found this one today...
reading the A5 & C5, Old school hazes thread

Neville did not get Haze until 1985 I know because I gave it to him, and he got seeds.
Moppel the clone being discussed was from the USA in the late 70's that is more then 21 years, it was grown by an old guy for 21 years.
If the seeds were from neville then the clones were not made until after the mid 1980's.
I am not trying to dish the plants, hell they are from my work.
SSH was not available until the late 1980's, 1988 specifically. And it was just called Haze X NL not SSH yet.

-SamS

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53531&page=7

could almost make a thread of Sam S quotes

More interesting quote was from YoSammy

The NL5HzC1 & 122 are the two best pheno's found within the NL5HzC line. One of these is C5Hz, if you want to know if its the one or the other, best to ask Nevil if he gets round some day..... He knows for sure. Me*thinks*that the 122 is the C5 pheno cuase if you read Shanti he claims the 122 produces the mango terpenes. His Nevilles Haze x mango is actually NHx5HzC122.

I think Nev was looking for a shorter flowering but still very potent hazey line when he made the SSH, breeding a skunk into the NL5HzC. This strain is parallel to Jack Herrer which is actually a specific SSH pheno. There are rumors that Amnesia Haze is nothing more then a powerfull SSH pheno or a SSH bx but i cant confirm that tbh.

Nevil never sold NL5xHazeA seeds. Haze male A died to soon. All his NL5xHz commercial seed offers where made using haze male C.

A5 was used as mom for the original NH.
Modern NH lines such as MNS are made with a different 5HzA pheno found out of seed inherited from Nev according to the man himself. Shanti refers to this mom as 5HzA(2). Shanti is the only breeder that had acces to the old nev seed bags. So his NH is closest to the original but tbh the original is far more potent, no disrespect intended.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53531&page=18

Nexus7

Not sure why people think Sam or Haze brothers had the monopoly on "Haze" genetics.

I think the release of Old Timers Haze proves they didn't.

Always exists the possibilty Nevil found an alternate source for "Haze" seeds.

More interesting for me is the Haze B story - being already contaminated with Indica when supposedly beign from 1969.

Peace,

N7

herbgreen

Veteran
^^For that you need a Nevil quote....

"The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds "

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/4308-questions-nevil-3.html

I think maybe they really were old haze seeds brought here by Sam that were from 69/70

Just a theory but would explain why the low germ rate and Nevil's statement but I believe Sam says they were made in holland

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I’ve pondered all the Same , which is one reason I started my thread . From Adam to California, where is the Original Haze . How is there no proper representation in either market

I dont understand how 7 seeds germed from the bunch of seeds Nevil bought . It would only make sense the seeds were very old . Or there is something more to the story

Sams recently posted this below which clears a lot up also adds abit

Didn't Nevil himself set you straight at Mrnice forums?

Nevil:

Still a lot of questions about haze and apparently a lot of conflicting stories.
I haven't been paying attention to what Sam the Skunkman has been saying. He lost me years ago and if he wants to come out from behind his alias and go toe to toe with me, well that will be just fine with me (hey David).
If he is saying that he gave me Purple Haze and it was crap, Well that's true. If he is saying that his lime green Haze was crap , well that's true too. If he is saying that he gave me a Haze cutting, well to be honest, I can't remember, but if he did it was crap. I seem to recall that he entered his lime Haze in a Cup, if he did he got his arse kicked.
The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds of which I was saying I got 7 plants. I was hoping that Sam would come out with something good from his remaining seeds, he never did and to my knowledge, nor did anyone else. The only good haze that hit the market was from two males A and C.
Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1. Mango Haze (5Hz122)is a full sister to 5Hz1 and these two were the best out of tens of thousands.
Haze A produced 5HzA2 (5A2) and was featured on the cover of the 1990 catalogue and is the mother of*Nevil's Haze, the father being HzC.
If you are smoking any good Haze, I'll bet you London to a brick that it comes from Haze A or Hz C or both

bigherb:

FFFFFiNNN
amazing soo its true your stock did come from SAMS,but it was stock of seeds not his other verisons of events

Last edited:

Nexus7

Logic dictates wherever Nevil got his seeds was not from the same batch as Sacred seeds were selling as O.Haze at the time (mid 80's).

Nevil regretted losing the Haze female that never finished flowering. Couldn't he just buy another pack (anonymously if required) and look for a nice female if they were all the same?

Nevil got 2 out of 2 keeper males in a batch of 7 plants so it's not like a big pheno hunt would be needed.

In any case we are at the stage where only DNA testing can conclusively prove what is what and who got what from where but neither MNS or Sam are willing to go that route.

I wonder why?

Peace,

N7

Status
Not open for further replies.