What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
What could you guys tell me about the A5hz cuts going around Europe? I'm running Karma's/South Holland Collective A5Hz s1's at the moment.
Any info would be great.

I will leave that to Nevs mate who was there and also knows J and can clear this up also.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I’m not here to argue

But I think comprehension is not your strong point

You claim to have spoke with Nevil but don’t even know the well known lineage of SSH

No one Not SamS not Todd not Nevil said Original Haze is not good smoke on its own ( that’s all in your head ). Obviously selection is needed maybe more Soo than some other strains because it was not worked only preserved

They suggest Original Haze is best for breeding as opposed to being ran for commercial production . But from some recent reports and pictures documented here that can be argued

Bigherb you got your panties all twisted out of shape in your thread because what was being posted was not to your liking so i left started my own thread were we all can discuss haze with out it be restricted by YOU.

You now come in here attack my spelling accuse me of lacking comprehension i dont call that constructive or helpful or adding to the discussion i call that a personal attack bullying in short.

Todd did post Ohaze was not a good smoke i quoted his post clearly he said it in text form.

Sam and Nev and now Todd have said Ohaze needs to be out crossed so clearly you have a selective process happening were you ignore what you dont like and only allow what you want to read as factual.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
sam said original haze was the best smoke he ever had other than golden thai ,
im assuming he would not have bothered to preserve it otherwise ,

one problem with sativas is trying to get the best from them indoors ,

or in locations that are far from the equator ,
this can lead to poor samples , even if the genetics are good ,
i believe nevil had this issue with his haze female/s.

big herb is quite right that for a commercial product ,
pure haze is no match for a hybrid of it , or something more indica dominant ,
folks go for the bag appeal , which im sure pure haze is lacking ,
not that it tokes poorly if its grown right or grown somewhere one can get the best from the genetics ,

more that its hard to sell commercially because lots of folks judge the book by its cover..

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I will leave that to Nevs mate who was there and also knows J and can clear this up also.

Found a part of my answer in the C5 thread. looks like you tried to throw karma under the bus as a liar.

Karma is a well respected grower in the industry, I don't see any reason why he would conjure up lies about the lines he possess.

bigherb

Veteran
Bigherb you got your panties all twisted out of shape in your thread because what was being posted was not to your liking so i left started my own thread were we all can discuss haze with out it be restricted by YOU.

You now come in here attack my spelling accuse me of lacking comprehension i dont call that constructive or helpful or adding to the discussion i call that a personal attack bullying in short.

Todd did post Ohaze was not a good smoke i quoted his post clearly he said it in text form.

Sam and Nev and now Todd have said Ohaze needs to be out crossed so clearly you have a selective process happening were you ignore what you dont like and only allow what you want to read as factual.

I swore long ago I wouldn’t do this , we’ll see how much convo we can have

1 Can you show the post where i said anything about your spelling ?

2 can you show the post where Sams said Haze is not good smoke and needs to be out crossed ?

3 can you show Nevils post where he says Orginal Haze is not good smoke and needs to be outcrossed ?

Nevil only smoked 5 pure Haze females in his life , should his opinion on original Haze be considered ?

Sams post below in regards to commercial production not quality of the smoke

Well, Nevilles Haze is derived from Original Haze matierials I gave Neville in 1980's, not 1969, but it is not a pure Haze, it has been crossed with the NL line.
So you are comparing apples and oranges..
Take FD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.

Also I have suggested many times that Original Haze is "breeding material" not great commercial growing materials, but you seem to only notice what you want to notice. It is the only pure Original Haze available.

I do not know what any seed seller sells, ask them if it is my varieties or if I made the seeds.
Remember I suggest real Original Haze for breeding, not commercial crops, you may be lucky and find a real keeper for production, but the odds are low. Just try and cross the best you find X your favorite varieties, and you will find lots of keepers.

-SamS

I have not worked Original Haze as much as tried to save it, I collected as much seed as I could in the early 70's grew them and did free pollinations and did minimal selection to ensure I saved as many genes as I could. That was in the 70's & 80's now I have clones for the last 20 years. My O Haze is not done being worked on that is why I tell people to use it as breeding materials.

-SamS

You spoke with Nev often and now talk to his good friend

Dont know the lineage of SSH

Don’t know that Nevil Got 5 females from seed

All this talk of his good friend , what about the Story does he recall
Different???????!

Because Nevil had an amazing detailed recollection in his short time posting I don’t imagine he left out much of his History / story with Haze

I don’t believe much questions can be left because I asked them all , yes the responses were direct to bigherb . Nevil liked discussion of Haze and I think appreciated the fact I arose questions about stated facts / previous post .

The subject of Haze keeps coming up.
I got mine from Sam the Skunkman in the 80's. I bought a couple of thousand of old stock late 60s/ 70. The first batch that I planted produced one plant, a female. It was the slowest to flower I'd ever come across and flowered for longer. I got 3 different crops of seed of it and it had still not finished. It was huge and filled a quarter of the room, it had wispy buds and when you smoked it, other people complained about the smell. It didn't have much resin and after 9 months flowering, with no end in sight, I chopped it. It seem the most impractical plant I'd ever grown. I didn't keep a cutting.

One of the males I crossed it with was Ruderalis x NL1 X NL1. I was testing a 25% Ruderalis male on the most difficult plant I'd come across to see what it would do. I used all the seed I had to find the earliest male for the next generation. I grew the females out and because it was so resinous, I made hash out of it. To this day it was the best hash I've ever smoked, and I've been privileged to have smoked the best.
I truly regret not having made a cutting of that plant. I didn't make that mistake with the 6 that followed.
I'm feeling a bit sad now, I think that I'll go and have a smoke.
I'll tell you the rest later.
N.

This is a Nevil post , It sounds like the first female was something very special . It doesn’t sound like not good smoke on its own just not good for commercial production

I posted these Sams quotes above in my thread but it seems a selective process is common around here

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Found a part of my answer in the C5 thread. looks like you tried to throw karma under the bus as a liar.

Karma is a well respected grower in the industry, I don't see any reason why he would conjure up lies about the lines he possess.
im sure karma got those cuts from sammy ,
who was one of the guys that helped tend nevils cuts while he was away from the scene ,
but hempy doesnt know about it so is suspicious it ever occured ,
doesnt mean it never happened though ,
im certain sammy and co had nevs cuts ,
ive grown the c5 here in australia that came from that stock ,
as have many others ...

Ready4

Veteran
Hello all ! Time to just chill and sky one up ! : > ) No matter what, it is just a plant - all will get you high. Present day results and availability are the most relevant - old history is just old lol

I have got some seeds that are going to be inspired to sprout, by this thread.
Dynasty Seeds - Super Silver Cough = The Cough (Northern Lights #5 x Original Haze) x Super Silver Haze ((Haze x Haze) x Skunk #1} x {(Haze x Haze) x NL #5})
I am betting this will be a bell ringer champion that will hold its own against anything anywhere. Some Hazy Daze ahead I do believe. : > )

TheDarkStorm

One of nevils breeding clones was pictured on the cover of one of his catalogues...same picture sensi uses to sell there nl5haze..wich infact is one of nevils a5 breeding clones... almost all haze...closest thing ive seen to it is leets 97 Neville's haze clone that he lost that he has pictured on one of the threads hre.

TheDarkStorm

I swore long ago I wouldn’t do this , we’ll see how much convo we can have

1 Can you show the post where i said anything about your spelling ?

2 can you show the post where Sams said Haze is not good smoke and needs to be out crossed ?

3 can you show Nevils post where he says Orginal Haze is not good smoke and needs to be outcrossed ?

Nevil only smoked 5 pure Haze females in his life , should his opinion on original Haze be considered ?

Sams post below in regards to commercial production not quality of the smoke

You spoke with Nev often and now talk to his good friend

Dont know the lineage of SSH

Don’t know that Nevil Got 5 females from seed

All this talk of his good friend , what about the Story does he recall
Different???????!

Because Nevil had an amazing detailed recollection in his short time posting I don’t imagine he left out much of his History / story with Haze

I don’t believe much questions can be left because I asked them all , yes the responses were direct to bigherb . Nevil liked discussion of Haze and I think appreciated the fact I arose questions about stated facts / previous post .

The subject of Haze keeps coming up.
I got mine from Sam the Skunkman in the 80's. I bought a couple of thousand of old stock late 60s/ 70. The first batch that I planted produced one plant, a female. It was the slowest to flower I'd ever come across and flowered for longer. I got 3 different crops of seed of it and it had still not finished. It was huge and filled a quarter of the room, it had wispy buds and when you smoked it, other people complained about the smell. It didn't have much resin and after 9 months flowering, with no end in sight, I chopped it. It seem the most impractical plant I'd ever grown. I didn't keep a cutting.

One of the males I crossed it with was Ruderalis x NL1 X NL1. I was testing a 25% Ruderalis male on the most difficult plant I'd come across to see what it would do. I used all the seed I had to find the earliest male for the next generation. I grew the females out and because it was so resinous, I made hash out of it. To this day it was the best hash I've ever smoked, and I've been privileged to have smoked the best.
I truly regret not having made a cutting of that plant. I didn't make that mistake with the 6 that followed.
I'm feeling a bit sad now, I think that I'll go and have a smoke.
I'll tell you the rest later.
N.

This is a Nevil post , It sounds like the first female was something very special . It doesn’t sound like not good smoke on its own just not good for commercial production

I posted these Sams quotes above in my thread but it seems a selective process is common around here

Iv also seen sam say in HIS haze preservation project the quality dropped considerably compared to wat it was

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
One of nevils breeding clones was pictured on the cover of one of his catalogues...same picture sensi uses to sell there nl5haze..wich infact is one of nevils a5 breeding clones... almost all haze...closest thing ive seen to it is leets 97 Neville's haze clone that he lost that he has pictured on one of the threads hre.

A5haze on the cover
picture.php

TheDarkStorm

What I dont get is why tod was chasing the haze seed that nevil got...wat was wrong with toms haze or other original hazes that wer on the market that sam made

TheDarkStorm

Royal Flush how did you get on with your Neville's haze...did you find anything good smoke wise...managed to get hold of my 97 thanks to a friend though ive not smoked any yet..got a long long wait ahead.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
What I dont get is why tod was chasing the haze seed that nevil got...wat was wrong with toms haze or other original hazes that wer on the market that sam made

I've grown TFD's version of Ohaze...and it was in the "hay" category. I grew Tom's haze and found a few that I would call decent...could have maybe found a great plant if I'd had more than a couple packs to go through. Mad Mac has done an awesome selection on the THH and I would definitely grow some of his stock out as he's done the work and has found some great examples for sure.

As to your question....If you had a chance to sift through seed of a rare variety like Ohaze...direct from the hands of the guy that brought it to the 'dam in the first place...you're saying you wouldn't take those seed and grow them out? Lol

I know what I would do...and I can assure you my answer wouldn't be "no thanks."

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Might be cool if someone could mabe share some more pictures of nevils work or descendants of nevils work

Nevil's Haze group shot with some other plants in the background, Aug 2014
picture.php

Nevil's Haze sisters shot, late August 2014...plant on the right in the pic actually ended up bigger than the one on the left...

picture.php

Here's that same plant on the right from the pic above, late October 2014...I called her Big Sis...
picture.php

picture.php

My own chuck...Love Potion x Nevil's Haze, late August 2014
picture.php

Wait...there's more...

HB.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Royal Flush how did you get on with your Neville's haze...did you find anything good smoke wise...managed to get hold of my 97 thanks to a friend though ive not smoked any yet..got a long long wait ahead.

Well I will say I fucked up by getting rid of the females, the male passed a way while I was out of town (gf neglected). The hairy hazy phenos where ok (nothing to write about) but the other phenos where awesome. The high came on like ocean waves on a airplane (if that makes any sense) that lasted 4-6 hours, they did come with a bit of paranoia (controllable), very euphoric and a bit trippy at times (not Phsycadelic (LSD,Shrooms)). Some people accused me of lacing it with Coke. lmao

I still have a couple more seeds, no doubt I could find something special in them.

TheDarkStorm

I've grown TFD's version of Ohaze...and it was in they hay category. I grew Tom's haze and found a few that I would call decent...could have maybe found a great plant if I'd had more than a couple packs to go through. Mad Mac has done an awesome selection on the THH and I would definitely grow some of his stock out as he's done the work and has found some great examples for sure.

As to your question....If you had a chance to sift through seed of a rare variety like Ohaze...direct from the hands of the guy that brought it to the 'dam in the first place...you're saying you wouldn't take those seed and grow them out?

I know what I would do...and I can assure you my answer wouldn't be "no thanks."

HB.

What im saying Humphrey is tods said he specifically wanted the exact seeds that nevil found his males from rather than the other f5 or what ever it is now...wat was so special about those specific seeds that nevil got...I know the answer myself but maybe others need to think about this too...nevil made all his outcrosses one generation removed from those seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.