The Haze discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
    Where in that article I posted does Todd belittle Nevil’s achievements? This is kinda the point I’m trying to make. People see what they want to see and fail to recognize the respect Todd is giving Nev in his article.

Again, this isn’t about you or me...this is about preserving truth and being as honest as possible. I was at MNS when Nev was posting and we traded PMs more than a few times...I’m well aware of what Nev was saying at that time.

Haven’t grown Kangas Oaxacan, but I’ve grown MOX x MS5...and it’s an awesome strain that should finish in my lat, but unfortunately is just a bit too tropical. Buds as big as my forearm and beefier than the WOX I’ve grown in the past.

HB.

I think its widely recognized world wide who had the first modern day commercial seed company..has tod not tried to belittle this achievement....you me and evry person in evry home (bar Australia) was able to order from nevil...could you do that from the company tod tried to claim is the first of this modern kind....why even mention another company that wer doing private sales underground in a article thats supposed to be a tribute to nevil and his achievements...and thats just one thing..never mind the point I made earlier

Comment

Besides I think Hempy set this thread up to discuss nevil and his work and achievements...evryone has ther own view point on things an sees things from different perspectives..so out of respect if some of us dont agree on things its probably best to disagre and move on...lets keep things positive

Comment

Might be cool if someone could mabe share some more pictures of nevils work or descendants of nevils work

Comment

Originally posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
          Where in that article I posted does Todd belittle Nevil’s achievements? This is kinda the point I’m trying to make. People see what they want to see and fail to recognize the respect Todd is giving Nev in his article.

Again, this isn’t about you or me...this is about preserving truth and being as honest as possible. I was at MNS when Nev was posting and we traded PMs more than a few times...I’m well aware of what Nev was saying at that time.

Haven’t grown Kangas Oaxacan, but I’ve grown MOX x MS5...and it’s an awesome strain that should finish in my lat, but unfortunately is just a bit too tropical. Buds as big as my forearm and beefier than the WOX I’ve grown in the past.

HB.
          You fail to see the other side of the coin, Sir.
          Go do some searching on Instagram (if it hasn't been deleted already).
          Last edited by RoyalFlush; 02-20-2020, 22:50.
          "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

I tell you one thing guys if you ever had the pleasure of trying out nevs nl x haze you felt blessed, it wiped the floor with everything we tried at the time.

Comment

I do not have a specific favorite Haze, but that said, there is a terpene profile that is spicy and reminiscent of the original “Northern Lights
              x Haze” that I first smoked at the cannabis castle back in 1994. The same spicy terpene combination can also be found in “Nevil’s Haze” and is the scent and taste (and high) that truly got me hooked on Haze. It was the old NL5xHaze combination that inspired me to make the crosses that are featured in my collection. I felt as if the NL5 was just one color out of a rainbow of elite clone-only cultivars that we now have floating around California, and by putting ON Haze to it was kinda like applying a neon filter over a primary color, with the goal of making it brighter without losing its original tone. Original Haze is not the best smoke on its own, but it is magical when you breed it with other plants, as Sam the Skunkman often stated; “Haze makes everything else better”. My overall goal with my Haze projects is twofold: I am bringing Original Haze seeds to the market by reproducing them as an IBL in my greenhouse under the guidance of Sam the Skunkman. Second, I am looking to bring back high-energy and inspirational varieties of cannabis that perhaps take longer (10 to 13, as opposed to 8 to 10 weeks) to flower and have more of a morning coffee effect, rather than a sedative relaxing one. The over 60 varieties that I crossed with my male ON Haze plant represent a pretty full spectrum of the terpenes available in cannabis today. In the future, cannabis competitions will not be based on incorrect terminology such as Indica & sativa, but instead it will be based upon the highest expressed terpene tested on that plant. Meaning plants that are mostly yellow would be completing with other plants that are mostly yellow, and we would not be trying to compare black-and-white cannabis flowers when they were very different in the first place. Your favorite Haze combination will depend upon your favored terpene profile, which is why I created a range for all to try.
              #AuthenticGenetics#Haze#OriginalHaze
              www.AGSeedCo.com
              https://gramho.com/explore-hashtag/OriginalHaze

Then Todd posts this 20h ago

toddpmccormick

Don’t call it a comeback, Original Haze is one of the very first hybrids of modern cannabis. First bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz mountains by a gentleman named “G”, the variety went on to create a reputation for itself for decades after it was saved from extinction by Sam the Skunkman in the 1970s and then brought to Holland in 1984. Adulterated for years by breeders in Amsterdam, seeds from the original three-way #Colombiancross are finally going to be available once again. Pre-order your at: www.AGSeedCo.com @agseedco#OriginalHaze

So Todd says Ohaze is not a good smoke and needs to be out crossed but then says Dutch Breeders basically Nev Adulterated haze for years Giver it a rest Todd.
              Team-Haze

Comment

What’s your point hempy ?
                in NYC around my way we say if it anint church it anint fire
                more incense and less nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by bigherb View Post
                  What’s your point hempy ?

So Todd posts says ( Original Haze is not the best smoke on its own, but it is magical when you breed it with other plants, as Sam the Skunkman often stated; “Haze makes everything else better”).

Then posts much later and says haze was Adulterated for years in Amsterdam by Breeders (meaning Nev ). You cant claim haze is not a good smoke and Claim NH was some of the best you ever had and use it to breed with and then Claim Ohaze is the best after saying it smokes poorly.

What you not reading my posts ?.

Team-Haze

Comment

What could you guys tell me about the A5hz cuts going around Europe? I'm running Karma's/South Holland Collective A5Hz s1's at the moment.
                    Any info would be great.
                    "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

Originally posted by @hempy View Post
                      So Todd posts says ( Original Haze is not the best smoke on its own, but it is magical when you breed it with other plants, as Sam the Skunkman often stated; “Haze makes everything else better”).

Then posts much later and says haze was Adulterated for years in Amsterdam by Breeders (meaning Nev ). You cant claim haze is not a good smoke and Claim NH was some of the best you ever had and use it to breed with and then Claim Ohaze is the best after saying it smokes poorly.

What you not reading my posts ?.

I’m not here to argue

But I think comprehension is not your strong point

You claim to have spoke with Nevil but don’t even know the well known lineage of SSH

No one Not SamS not Todd not Nevil said Original Haze is not good smoke on its own ( that’s all in your head ). Obviously selection is needed maybe more Soo than some other strains because it was not worked only preserved

They suggest Original Haze is best for breeding as opposed to being ran for commercial production . But from some recent reports and pictures documented here that can be argued
                      in NYC around my way we say if it anint church it anint fire
                      more incense and less nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlush View Post
                        What could you guys tell me about the A5hz cuts going around Europe? I'm running Karma's/South Holland Collective A5Hz s1's at the moment.
                        Any info would be great.

I will leave that to Nevs mate who was there and also knows J and can clear this up also.
                        Team-Haze

Comment

Originally posted by bigherb View Post
                          I’m not here to argue

But I think comprehension is not your strong point

You claim to have spoke with Nevil but don’t even know the well known lineage of SSH

No one Not SamS not Todd not Nevil said Original Haze is not good smoke on its own ( that’s all in your head ). Obviously selection is needed maybe more Soo than some other strains because it was not worked only preserved

They suggest Original Haze is best for breeding as opposed to being ran for commercial production . But from some recent reports and pictures documented here that can be argued

Bigherb you got your panties all twisted out of shape in your thread because what was being posted was not to your liking so i left started my own thread were we all can discuss haze with out it be restricted by YOU.

You now come in here attack my spelling accuse me of lacking comprehension i dont call that constructive or helpful or adding to the discussion i call that a personal attack bullying in short.

Todd did post Ohaze was not a good smoke i quoted his post clearly he said it in text form.

Sam and Nev and now Todd have said Ohaze needs to be out crossed so clearly you have a selective process happening were you ignore what you dont like and only allow what you want to read as factual.
                          Team-Haze

Comment

sam said original haze was the best smoke he ever had other than golden thai ,
                            im assuming he would not have bothered to preserve it otherwise ,

one problem with sativas is trying to get the best from them indoors ,

or in locations that are far from the equator ,
                            this can lead to poor samples , even if the genetics are good ,
                            i believe nevil had this issue with his haze female/s.

big herb is quite right that for a commercial product ,
                            pure haze is no match for a hybrid of it , or something more indica dominant ,
                            folks go for the bag appeal , which im sure pure haze is lacking ,
                            not that it tokes poorly if its grown right or grown somewhere one can get the best from the genetics ,

more that its hard to sell commercially because lots of folks judge the book by its cover..

Comment

Todd did post Ohaze was not a good smoke i quoted his post clearly he said it in text form.
                              And Robert Connel Clarke has stated 10-20% of these plants are very special

Comment

I will leave that to Nevs mate who was there and also knows J and can clear this up also.
                                Found a part of my answer in the C5 thread. looks like you tried to throw karma under the bus as a liar.

Karma is a well respected grower in the industry, I don't see any reason why he would conjure up lies about the lines he possess.

Comment

Working...
                                X