Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haze discussion thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tom hill also said that selection came only after replication, and that you always lose something so use them all when you got em. Haze shines in hybrids, can't make hybrids if you haven't got the pure lines.

    Comment


      Kevin Jodrey was advised by the Colombians working with haze to take a tolerance break from the broad leaf, before going into bioassay selection with haze.

      Can't see the haze through the trees

      Comment


        Originally posted by CANNATORIUM View Post

        When I grew pure hazes/sativas......I never had plant that had taste,high and look in 1 cultivar.....if high and taste/smell is good it yild like calyx not buds....when somebody look at it they dont want to buy it or smoke it.....unles they know or wiling to try.....mostly my expirence with this kind of strains that buds stay for year or 2 in bucket then I give them for free....to someone who want that kind of buds....

        In real world 1 in 100 people will crave the pure Haze high....It
        it is most sought after by longtime smokers who prefer hashish and mostly do not smoke flowers...

        Yo need to like haze for growing it.....probably with thiss THH you will conclude that you will never grow pure haze again...maybe you have luck with OH....but you are searching
        a needle in a haystack..

        I've grown haze before. I've never found a keeper. This is why most don't grow it often. I have haze seeds so why not grow them and see what pops up.


        Originally posted by BeAn v.2.0 View Post
        Tom hill also said that selection came only after replication and that you always lose something so use them all when you got them. Haze shines in hybrids, can't make hybrids if you haven't got the pure lines.
        This is why I made seeds with THH...will do the same with OH.

        Originally posted by @hempy View Post

        Welcome to the world of growing Haze Hammer.

        The only real way to tell how a plant smokes is by running the plant to full term harvesting it drying the flower slowly and then sampling it. Some even cure and store for months before sampling.
        True, But it's not just haze.. It's why most prefer short flowering.. We all use our experience whether we cull or keep. IMO quality plants will never smell of hay. Even the hazes of 1970 did not smell of hay.

        #hammerhead_genetics on IG
        Hammers Perpetual showroom

        Comment


          Hey Hammer how much nitrogen is in your feed at this point in flowering them? I totally geek out on environmental variables and how they, if at all, contribute to a plants expression. Varieties with ancestral value to me, for whatever reasons, whichever species, I think it's a good rule of thumb to run things more than once. At least three times, with aim to dial it in. Different strokes for different folks for sure. Everyone's garden and selection process is unique to them. I am a firm believer in like attracts like, and that the great plants find truly awesome human beings. Much love

          Comment


            Originally posted by sbeanonnamellow View Post
            Hey Hammer how much nitrogen is in your feed at this point in flowering them? I totally geek out on environmental variables and how they, if at all, contribute to a plants expression. Varieties with ancestral value to me, for whatever reasons, whichever species, I think it's a good rule of thumb to run things more than once. At least three times, with aim to dial it in. Different strokes for different folks for sure. Everyone's garden and selection process is unique to them. I am a firm believer in like attracts like, and that the great plants find truly awesome human beings. Much love
            I use V&B Dirty in flower and PBP grow in veg with Organic 16 species of Mycorrhizae, Nothing else is added. Sometimes someone wants to know if something can yield big so I'll do a test using H16 Fire. I am happy with how healthy all my plants grow. IMO getting the N right helps to prevent pests/molds when plants are healthy. They just grow better. Sometimes my 1st run from seed will be a bit too much but it's not an issue on the clone runs. They all def express differently from seed to clone. I've had some I preferred the seed run. The only way to lower N only is using a custom mix. I grow many different varieties all on the same feed. Some seed runs are not at their best doing this. Most grow happy healthy..

            V&B DIRTY 8-5-13
            PBP grow 3-2-4
            Medium: Promix HP is preferred when not available Sunshine #4 is used.
            Last edited by Hammerhead; 10-14-2021, 16:34.

            #hammerhead_genetics on IG
            Hammers Perpetual showroom

            Comment


              Originally posted by TheDarkStorm View Post

              This is who was behind that account.....as I said pictures were included......anyone recognize this guy..............
              Whatever happened at the Mr. Nice Forum stays at the Mr. Nice Forum, don't bring it here!

              Comment


                [QUOTE=Hammerhead;n17966527]

                I've grown haze before. I've never found a keeper. This is why most don't grow it often. I have haze seeds so why not grow them and see what pops up.

                sry didnt know that, I thought that it was your first grow with Oh,thh..

                Comment


                  [QUOTE=CANNATORIUM;n17966729]
                  Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post

                  I've grown haze before. I've never found a keeper. This is why most don't grow it often. I have haze seeds so why not grow them and see what pops up.

                  sry didnt know that, I thought that it was your first grow with Oh,thh..
                  All good. 1st time with THH. I've grown OH before as well as a bunch of thin leaf plants none had names. We called them homegrown lol. Some looked like THH. Almost everything we grew had no name other than geo locations.

                  #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                  Hammers Perpetual showroom

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post

                    If this is the case then you would take all plants to full term and not consider culling until after the smoke test.. That can be a long wait to smoke hay..
                    Its the price you have to pay so you don't loose the best Haze. I keep getting pissed for the longer blooming ones I chose as the Todd's I culled have turned out to be even better after a longer cure. The smell/taste and effect are all different from when they were first jar'd. Pitty I am down to a couple joints of those Todd's. Lucky to have a couple more packs to look through though at some point down the road.

                    That particular THH looks a lot like one of mine, is it just one THH? Had 4 THH girls and none of them had resin or much in the way of smell until they had stopped stretching and resin started about 8-10w. As for hay only 1 of the 4 was what I'd call hay.

                    Wishing I kept the quick silver THH. I hadn't reached for that jar at all in a couple months. Its way better then when it was just ready for smoking. Really coated too.

                    Keep it up!
                    LostTribe

                    C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

                    Treating Cancer with Concentrates
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post

                      True, But it's not just haze.. It's why most prefer short flowering.. We all use our experience whether we cull or keep. IMO quality plants will never smell of hay. Even the hazes of 1970 did not smell of hay.
                      When you get F1 seed from a breeder be it Nevil's Haze Kali Mist White Widow your going to find good plants and with luck exceptional plants.

                      The Haze is not an F1 so more selection is needed but the reward and pay off when you do find the exceptional plants is worth the timer and effort.

                      You need to love that type of old school strong high that is the motivation that drives people to grow long flowering plants fully knowing that you may end up culling and trashing many of the plants being grown on the way.

                      When you find the right plants few compare.
                      Team-Haze

                      Comment


                        I'd agree that if you are used to Indica-rich polyhybrids and "elites" then you'll be disappointed by resin buildup on sativas. They just don't make as much resin as fast as BLDs. But the high is way better, so who cares?

                        Comment


                          Oh ya, I've had killer plants that did not have a thick coating of resin. looks can be deceiving. Hemp grown today is coated with resin.


                          Originally posted by @hempy View Post

                          When you get F1 seed from a breeder be it Nevil's Haze Kali Mist White Widow your going to find good plants and with luck exceptional plants.

                          The Haze is not an F1 so more selection is needed but the reward and pay off when you do find the exceptional plants is worth the timer and effort.

                          You need to love that type of old school strong high that is the motivation that drives people to grow long flowering plants fully knowing that you may end up culling and trashing many of the plants being grown on the way.

                          When you find the right plants few compare.
                          I've yet to find a good haze plant. All quality plants I've found are hybrids.. It's obvious I have not given up.

                          #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                          Hammers Perpetual showroom

                          Comment


                            Haze is a hybrid and far from an F1 there lies the problem and why the effort is needed in selection.

                            18 / 20 plus week flowering periods are what i expect when growing out sativas or heavy sativa hybrids.

                            Some of us buy seed and then select and try to to improve the line.When i say Improve i mean to increase the number of plants you love and selected showing up more and more. Improving the % of quality plants being grown from a set number of seed.

                            Others just want to get 10/20 seed find a good plant and have it in their mom room were they can clone her over and over.

                            Others just want to trow 5 or 10 seed harvest try something different.

                            Haze is not in my opinion a line you throw 5 or 10 seed down grow out and move on to the next strain.

                            Haze is something you need to put a lot of effort into it but the rewards are huge if you love smoking sativas.

                            Team-Haze

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post
                              Oh ya, I've had killer plants that did not have a thick coating of resin. looks can be deceiving. Hemp grown today is coated with resin.




                              I've yet to find a good haze plant. All quality plants I've found are hybrids.. It's obvious I have not given up.
                              Yup LOL we grow a hemp haze hybrid commercially with a 20/1 cbd/thc ratio and its as frosted as anything...

                              Comment


                                Quality is in the eye of the beholder. That can vary drastically in opinions. Since there are few high quality haze plants found most can't give one. When I say hybrid Im referring to plants that had some more work put in. IMO the hazes we grow are not hybrid looking at all. Still, all thin leaf wld looking ..

                                The male THH has exploded...He should start dropping any day
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1527.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	17967491Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1526.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	17967492

                                Last edited by Hammerhead; 10-15-2021, 23:24.

                                #hammerhead_genetics on IG
                                Hammers Perpetual showroom

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X