The Haze discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsgospel View Post

Yeah but what is that quote from? What's the source (Post 11364)?
    I have a whole other point to make but I'd like to look at that paper.

I'm just catching up but there were several pages and no one mentioned mitochondrial DNA (anyone see where I'm going with this? )
    What are you on about mate (Post 11364) is from Star.
    https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...4#post17952544

Try using google and a little research.
    Team-Haze

Comment

redacted
      Attached Files
      Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

Originally posted by @hempy View Post
        Homie, that's you. ....unless there's some weird glitch where we're seeing different post numbers.....lemme try to quote again?

Comment

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...1#post17963761

What is this from? The quote "Since males receive an X...."?

Comment

The long flowering time is related to haze females imo...knowing this I'd use haze males
            A picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

Found it:
              That paper is working towards a very different aim:
              "By using Bayes’ theorem to invert these distributions, we can estimate the number of female ancestors between two relatives, giving us details about the genealogical relations between individuals not possible with autosomal data alone." And these speak to human genetics. Not even remotely close to plant genomes. Though the model is still XY, we should not presume to compare human and plant genetics.

Comment

Anthropomorphism ^ LOL
                A picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

Originally posted by bsgospel View Post
                  Found it:
                  That paper is working towards a very different aim:
                  "By using Bayes’ theorem to invert these distributions, we can estimate the number of female ancestors between two relatives, giving us details about the genealogical relations between individuals not possible with autosomal data alone." And these speak to human genetics. Not even remotely close to plant genomes. Though the model is still XY, we should not presume to compare human and plant genetics.
                  "Autosomal" means that the gene in question is located on one of the numbered, or non-sex, chromosomes. "Dominant" means that a single copy of the disease-associated mutation is enough to cause the disease. This is in contrast to a recessive disorder, where two copies of the mutation are needed to cause the disease.

Bayes' theorem,
                  named after the Reverend Thomas Bayes, describes the probability of an event, based on prior knowledge of conditions that might be related to the event.
                  Not sure your point or how it relates to the The Y chromosome.

I didn't post that.
                  Team-Haze

Comment

BACK TO THE HAZE FEED LOL - PIFF FROM BSC
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	PIFF.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	17964468
                    "if" the biggest small word in the dictionary

Comment

Originally posted by Raco View Post
                      The long flowering time is related to haze females imo...knowing this I'd use haze males
                      its not about the sex , its about the individual plant ,
                      some guys would argue its always about the sex though .. lol ....

Comment

is there a quote from sam saying its best to use male haze in hybrids ??
                        i dont recall reading it ,
                        i can see why nevil preferred it though , he only had males to work with ,
                        he had no option ,
                        sam says there are no sexual markers in cannabis as yet noted ,
                        and it doesnt make any difference whether u use a male or female in a combination ,
                        only that you use a quality or proven plant to my knowledge anyhow ...

Comment

Originally posted by @hempy View Post

How is it incorrect ?.

The Y chromosome is passed on without recombination, the DNA on that chromosome provides a genetic history of a man’s paternal ancestral line.

Do you know what that means ?. It means the male passes on a genetic history of a males paternal ancestral line.

Only Males do that.

Females dont.

Why Sam and Nevil both said use the Haze male to out cross with.
                          Can I ask again where you got this from? The reason I ask is that you and others have brought up mitochondrial DNA. I am genuinely interested, not shit stirring. From wiki and other sources;
                          In most multicellular organisms, mtDNA is inherited from the mother (maternally inherited).
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_DNA

It’s true that inside every one of our body’s cells there is a roughly equal mix of DNA from our parents. The vast majority of this parental DNA resides in the nucleus of the cell.
                          The DNA inside of mitochondria (called mtDNA) is unlike the DNA inside the nucleus in that all of it comes from our mothers.
                          https://dnacenter.com/blog/mitochond...na-mtdna-used/

Comment

Originally posted by Chi13 View Post

Can I ask again where you got this from? The reason I ask is that you and others have brought up mitochondrial DNA. From wiki and other sources;
                            In most multicellular organisms, mtDNA is inherited from the mother (maternally inherited).
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_DNA

It’s true that inside every one of our body’s cells there is a roughly equal mix of DNA from our parents. The vast majority of this parental DNA resides in the nucleus of the cell.
                            The DNA inside of mitochondria (called mtDNA) is unlike the DNA inside the nucleus in that all of it comes from our mothers.
                            https://dnacenter.com/blog/mitochond...na-mtdna-used/
                            Research it mate start with line-breeding.

I posted key points to make it assayer .

Key Point 1
                            The Father passes on the Y chromosome without recombination, the DNA on that chromosome provides a genetic history of a males paternal ancestral line.
                            Key Point 2

Since males receive an X only from their mothers, a male’s father cannot be an X ancestor. Consequently, a male’s father and all of his ancestors are excluded from the X genealogy (Figure 1). Therefore, females are overrepresented in the X genealogy, and as we go back in one’s genealogy, the fraction of individuals who are possible X ancestors shrinks. This property means that genetic relationships differ on the X compared to the autosomes, a fact that changes the calculation of kinship coefficients on the X (Pinto et al. 2011, 2012) and also has interesting implications for kin-selection models involving the X chromosome (Rice et al. 2008; Fox et al. 2009).
                            Key Point 3
                            Unfortunately, the X chromosome is short, such that the chance of any signal of recent ancestry on the X decays rather quickly.
                            Team-Haze

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Mallard View Post
                              is there a quote from sam saying its best to use male haze in hybrids ??
                              i dont recall reading it ,
                              i can see why nevil preferred it though , he only had males to work with ,
                              he had no option ,
                              sam says there are no sexual markers in cannabis as yet noted ,
                              and it doesnt make any difference whether u use a male or female in a combination ,
                              only that you use a quality or proven plant to my knowledge anyhow ...
                              Here’s Sam talking about male vs. females based on his experiences and even uses Haze hybrids as an example:

Originally posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post

I have heard many people/breeders say use a male for this or that reason, or use a female for this or that reason, but I do not think they know what they are talking about.
                              Are you sure about this? How do you know what a male can contribute unless you take your males and transform them to Female to smoke or analyze them? I have many many many reciprocal crosses, using for example the Haze male X female Thai and then female Haze X male Thai, I see very little differences at all. What is more important is that the males or the females are elite selections that have the ability to give progeny that express the traits you are looking for. Males can be lousy examples of a variety or a elite example, it is easier to tell with females they are elite.
                              I have used males of my most consistent lines in the hopes that the male used is not a loser, or do a lot of progeny testing to help you find really top males of a given variety. I also transform my males to female to get a better idea what they can be expected to give to progeny.
                              BTW taste and flavor from the terpenes is normally half way between the two populations regardless if male or female used or even if two females one transformed to male are used as in the case of all female seeds, I see no differences except in sex. Even if you use a male transformed to female to make seeds with a real male or with another female transformed to make pollen, the only differences are sex as all females seeds made with a transformed female for pollen times a real female just do not have a Y. A male transformed to female still has XY it is just not expressed at the time of flowering but it will have the XY for progeny. In fact you can get YY if you use a transformed male to a female and pollinate that with a normal male. 25% YY, 25% XX and 50% XY If the YY are all viable, maybe they are not?
                              -SamS

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Comment

Originally posted by GoatCheese View Post

Here’s Sam talking about male vs. females based on his experiences and even uses Haze hybrids as an example:

yes i thought he would say that goatcheese ,
                                its not about the sex of the plant , its about the quality of it and its ability to pass on desired traits ,
                                not whether u use a male haze or a female , it makes very little if any difference
                                its about the individual plants , not their sex ...

Comment

Working...
                                X