What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I will take it up with Gypsy or Cosmic Donald you cant have one rule for me and one for those attacking me.

you attack people left right and centre mate ,
if i were you id just leave it because you wont get anywhere complaining more i can assure you ,
try and be a little more socially interactive rather than putting yourself up on a pedestal as you do,
like you are better than others ,
and stop being so bitchy towards folks when they dont agree with you ,
or say stuff you dont like ,
i totally agree with regseeds post and im sure most in this thread would too hempy ,
you are not acting like a peaceful happy stoner at all ,

maybe you need some of the seed i have made instead of that devils haze ooops did i misspell that one?? lol .. ,
i make happy weed seed , because thats how i like to feel ,
i would definitely send you some , no questions asked at all ,
mind you there wont be any peering out the curtains with paranoia,
you would be sitting back as happy as a pig in shit , smiling away and forgiving everyone,
hugs all round and just pleasant feelings .... who doesnt love that ??

gonanchoa

This is what goes around as Core cut in Europe SSH98' There is also I think 99 and 97...one of that two is bit more peppery and lemony compared to Core cut/that SSH98 you posted.

I found out info on my cut today that
In 80s, Haze was imported from California to the Netherlands. Several crossings followed, the one with the male Northern Lights, give the Amnesia Haze.
So is it possible that old school Amnesia come from Haze x NL1 1988 catalogue ?

Anybody know more about that.....here is the picture of that Amnesia cut behind this story its the same as my cut that I Have NL5 x haze or maybe haze x nl...
my cut

Hi CANNATORIUM

I grew a cut called "amnesia core" or "amnesia" that was around Madrid in 2014... Rumors were it came from Ams, but there wasn't much info available.

This cutting I grew, flowered in 75 days aprox, getting a brownish color, and small and tight buds (compared to the usual big and fluffy "sativa" bud). The smell was like coffee and peppery. (NO lemon at all). Average producer but great quality. Very potent weed, during parties it would send people w/o much tolerance to sleep. Outdoors one plant yielded 1.5kg.

My guess was that this was probably an outstanding selection of an early haze hybrid. the other cutting around was a cross of this cutting with a lemony haze, thus the amnesia haze had the lemon+peppery taste, and was the other cutting & bud running around. Who developed amnesia haze?

Does anybody know more about those selections and crosses? I have great memories from that clone.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Hi CANNATORIUM

I grew a cut called "amnesia core" or "amnesia" that was around Madrid in 2014... Rumors were it came from Ams, but there wasn't much info available.

This cutting I grew, flowered in 75 days aprox, getting a brownish color, and small and tight buds (compared to the usual big and fluffy "sativa" bud). The smell was like coffee and peppery. (NO lemon at all). Average producer but great quality. Very potent weed, during parties it would send people w/o much tolerance to sleep. Outdoors one plant yielded 1.5kg.

My guess was that this was probably an outstanding selection of an early haze hybrid. the other cutting around was a cross of this cutting with a lemony haze, thus the amnesia haze had the lemon+peppery taste, and was the other cutting & bud running around. Who developed amnesia haze?

Does anybody know more about those selections and crosses? I have great memories from that clone.

I think that you growed...Amnesia cordobesa/cordoba cut (from hypro seeds) famous spanish cut.
It smells like coffe/nutes,pepper....but it wasnt Hazey in Haze way.....My cut isnt peppery at all.

This cut I have smell like old school Nevilles Haze....Very medicinal,varnish and some persley/oregano and bit of candy sweet (mostly orange peel+pineapple sweetnes) it have bit of smell that
raises the stomach, as if you smell some poisonous plant.(like persley,tomato stalk + varnish) ....Not pungent like OG,but pungent like good Haze...

Will harvest it in few days.

For 10 days 2 week will be smoke report.

Will post preharvest pictures....but last week it foxtail like crazy in every direction....you will see....

And about lineages of Amnesia....hmmmm

1 story is that this cut of Amnesia Haze I have...comes from Canada via SamS.
1 story is that its the seed bank of Nevilles personal cuts Haze x NL1.....1988 first Haze x NL.

It was around 90's in NL....and after 2000s crew that keep it.

they quarreled and sent police to destroy their grow each others....and its lost aorund early 2000's

After that it being keept in small circle of people....that is what i know...

Maybe SamS know much more about it....if he is around he could say something about it....

But im 100% shure while reading milions of pages of Haze and Amnesia lineages that Sam somwhere said that original and first Amnesia Haze was Haze/nl cross.

Shure its not SSH 98,core or hypro cut....have some similarities but all this cuts are like this cut+ skunk or fruty NL.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Some more info about Original Amnesia lineage....

.....many of the names mentioned that worked with the amnesia.
I wonder ... where were they 15 years ago? not in the seedbusnis but little nute selling fishes...
No, they found out money can be earned with seeds, young kidz do grow up.
Cannabis are very expensive seeds sold on this planet. Why not join the club.
Many are better in making up stories, then breeding, it seems.
The more newer generation growers who come onto the boards, the more pure info gets lost. Things get forgotten and hidden for sales reasons.
I dont like such commercial attitude. This is not a healthy evolution and this doesnot help anyone of us, growers, in fact it gets more and more difficult.
Stories get sold faster then quality. The moral of the customer is like that. With words i try to make people think about this and not by hyping my own seeds.
The new hype seems to be, Claiming the good clones and breed with them ... thats funny.
Think about that, look at it from a neutral position. Judge it.
everything i said about amnesia i am not sure , but very sure.
Its only the last years that other clones, hybrids are passing on the boards.
U wont hear me saying, that those are all bad, no way ... but some respect for the parentage is the least a breeder can do.

Hard but true......

They have a cut to that is hyped and pushed in the benelux, everywhere.
Its great? i stay far away from it. Promoting busnis people claiming more then they ever will understand in there life, i do not listen to.
The original Amnesia is coming from Canada, a guy that never had honour for his hard work. Soma got it first, Shanti is also involved. NOBODY ELSE.
The truth hurts.
The real elite clone has become very very rare, the real clone is overflooded by all other people that want to claim Amnesia Haze.
Hey, Amnesia Haze is good selling strain, watch the internet how many seedshops offer it. Do u see the light? i dont anymore.

The first who introduced it was Soma, and it was even not his strain, he never claimed it was his to. Many of Soma's strains are gifts from his clan of friends/contacts, he combines, breeds.
It was Soma who introduced a real taste revolution back then.
The first cupwinner clone has almost been totally lost. I still have it after all those years.
The hypro cut is , what we think, The soma cut vs another unknown sativa ... probably not G13Haze, cause my AmnesiaHazeG13Haze is much to different.
The source of my G13Haze male is Soma himself.
Things just did not fit.

Iff someone offers pure Amnesia, then we would speak of stretch indica more then sativa dominant.
Ive been breeding with it since almost 10 years.
Ive seen many wannabe amnesia haze clones ending up in the trash here.

Sorry i have to say all this, but preservation of the real deal means much more to me then being friends with a certain company.

For me Amnesia Haze is a emotion and a strain. Thats why its so important, to say my opinion about it.
everybody has is own choice and i respect that.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
there are 2 other threads discussing haze ,
they seem very calm , just good information being shared ,
no egotistical crap , lots of nice pictures ,
and no one person trying to grasp the limelight ,
or any hero worship or arguing .
im sure it has a lot to do with the hosts being level headed and modest ,
unlike this nightmare ....

Status
Not open for further replies.